Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
RO's Top-10 Most Memorable Moments (Read 9,923 times)
glencar
Ex Member

Re: RO's Top-10 Most Memorable Moments
Reply #50 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:22pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Q. So come on! What are everyone's top 10 most memorable moments in the 10 years of Rocks Off so far?  Funny, creepy, sad, happy, whatever!

A. That thread where Joey came marching proudly out of the closet!!!

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #51 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:46pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:38pm:
Stones Security wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:22pm:
I heard that about you, sicko.

Greeting people with your ass way up in the air!

Oh sorry, Mr Security Man.....

Here have some holes..much healthier then the jelly ones...

Call me sick if you wish, Meggypoo, but what type of poo is this, Meggy???? (donkey?)

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THE OCCASION OF RO's 10TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! AND THANKS TO THE UNHOLY TRINITY!!!!!!!

I'm pretty new, really, and sadly I missed LJ and gypsy's mastercoup (is there a link, LJ???) but I still  chose two memorable moments, one favourite post and one favourite poster.

Worst: the day one of my jokes got very misunderstood, and I got beaten the shit out of (metaphorically speaking, of course) by absolutely every American on this board, the "gangleader" being the lying sleaze-ball Tele, of all people! Does anyone still remember him?????

Best: Gazza and GTRM on tour in Lisbon , with loads of live footage, interviews, photos  and video-clips masterly helped onto the website by PDM, Egon and LJ! It was almost as good as being there, what a fantastic thread that was, it really made my heart smile....

Still the funniest, and my absolute favourite post of all times was Nellcote saying:  "...Mick Taylor???.......aah.....now I remember....the one that looks like Elizabeth Taylor..." It still cracks me up every time I remember.

And, if we're giving a prize to the most "artistic" poster, then I think it should go to pdog, his dancing asian girl will live on in my husband's memory forever...

PS: I must be allowed another newbie question on the occasion of an anniversary: WHAT THE FUCK IS THE NICK NOLTE THING ABOUT??? The pictures, the references, etc???? Is there a connection with Joey?

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #52 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:47pm
Holden wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 8:50am:
Also Michael Cohl cracked me up. One time a poster was giving away a Stones ticket to a huge fan. Michael Cohl responded with "Give it to me. I won't sell it."

lol- genius  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Trey Krimsin
Rocks Off Regular

Slots Rule You Bastards!!!!!!

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reply #53 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:09pm
Four words:

SLOTS RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

It's just that demon life, it got me in its sway - MJ/KR

My first published comic work can be found here! And this is only the beginning...:
http://www.grayhavencomics.com/comics/the-gathering-faithtime-travel/

[img]
WWW https://www.facebook.com/rodney.traynham Trey+Krimsin  
IP Logged

SunshineSuperman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #54 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:17pm
Trey Krimsin wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:09pm:
Four words:

SLOTS RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

Is that an Ed quote?

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #55 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:41pm
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THE NICK NOLTE THING ABOUT??? The pictures, the references, etc???? Is there a connection with Joey?" Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

That would be my doing!

I saw that mugshot way back when and I fell apart.

When Nolte got busted, he was driving all over the road and the cop stopped him and arrested him.
Apparently he was drooling all over himself - turns out, not only was he drunk but he also had a date rape drug (gbh??) in him.  So the dude was planning on slipping someone a mickey and got the ol' switcharoo pulled on him.

Anyway, the picture is worth a million words and so "pulling a Nolte" became the thing around here.

I mean seriously -- look at that pic again!!
The shirt
The hair
The frown

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

FYI - http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/nnolte1.html

« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:46pm by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #56 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:55pm
so, this one time at band camp!!!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #57 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:10pm
this thread is outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

I've spent 5 1/2 years in this Asylum.

Jo...I doubt there is a link to our hijinx but I "played" Joey while gyps "played" jb. It was pretty classic if I do say so myself.

And you can also thank Nanky for:

Chiba Chariot Rides
The sheep fetish
Pre-Summit Chiba Alerts
Tardrite Helmets
Howe can this Happen?
Beers for Lunch threads.

lmfao.

Clearly most of us have NO lives to speak of.

LJ.

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #58 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:26pm
jostorm wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:46pm:
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:38pm:
Stones Security wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:22pm:
I heard that about you, sicko.

Greeting people with your ass way up in the air!

Oh sorry, Mr Security Man.....

Here have some holes..much healthier then the jelly ones...

Call me sick if you wish, Meggypoo, but what type of poo is this, Meggy???? (donkey?)

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THE OCCASION OF RO's 10TH ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! AND THANKS TO THE UNHOLY TRINITY!!!!!!!

I'm pretty new, really, and sadly I missed LJ and gypsy's mastercoup (is there a link, LJ???) but I still  chose two memorable moments, one favourite post and one favourite poster.

Worst: the day one of my jokes got very misunderstood, and I got beaten the shit out of (metaphorically speaking, of course) by absolutely every American on this board, the "gangleader" being the lying sleaze-ball Tele, of all people! Does anyone still remember him?????

Best: Gazza and GTRM on tour in Lisbon , with loads of live footage, interviews, photos  and video-clips masterly helped onto the website by PDM, Egon and LJ! It was almost as good as being there, what a fantastic thread that was, it really made my heart smile....

Still the funniest, and my absolute favourite post of all times was Nellcote saying:  "...Mick Taylor???.......aah.....now I remember....the one that looks like Elizabeth Taylor..." It still cracks me up every time I remember.

And, if we're giving a prize to the most "artistic" poster, then I think it should go to pdog, his dancing asian girl will live on in my husband's memory forever...

PS: I must be allowed another newbie question on the occasion of an anniversary: WHAT THE FUCK IS THE NICK NOLTE THING ABOUT??? The pictures, the references, etc???? Is there a connection with Joey?

Actually Jo , those are chocolate "holes" for Tough old Stones Security to stuff in any of "his" holes he wishes...

We do have lots of memories  here....

We must not forget Sai Wong and he love of peepee and Paris' thong

IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #59 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:16am

Howe many of you remember the daily afternoon and Friday night chats in the old chatroom?
More gossip, lies, secrets and confessions were strewn across numerous keyboards!  70% of the contributions were from jb himself!

Was it Max or Riffy that compiled a drunken Christmas poem?
(Funnier than hell...btw)

And for the love of god - SS should have had, "Go sit in the corner while I serve you a flaming cup of my fuck!" as a tag-line.  I swear he used that on any newb that tried to outwit him.  (keyword:  tried)

Naturally, all of the Fryday Beer Lunches were hysterical...
Nanky + Newcastles = LMFAO

The outragously funny account of Voodoo singing to his shoe (was that at Giants or MSG?)  It doesn't matter.  It was fucking funny!

The House Party thread - pissing in Mick's koi pond - man, did we know how to dream!

Show Us Your Faces - always a favorite...

End of the Year RO Awards - talk about stirring up some shit!  ...omg!

Oh hell...there are just too many to mention!

I am fluent in three languages... English, Sarcasm, and Profanity

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #60 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:39am
parmeda wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 1:16am:
Howe many of you remember the daily afternoon and Friday night chats in the old chatroom?
More gossip, lies, secrets and confessions were strewn across numerous keyboards!  70% of the contributions were from jb himself!

Was it Max or Riffy that compiled a drunken Christmas poem?
(Funnier than hell...btw)

And for the love of god - SS should have had, "Go sit in the corner while I serve you a flaming cup of my fuck!" as a tag-line.  I swear he used that on any newb that tried to outwit him.  (keyword:  tried)

Naturally, all of the Fryday Beer Lunches were hysterical...
Nanky + Newcastles = LMFAO

The outragously funny account of Voodoo singing to his shoe (was that at Giants or MSG?)  It doesn't matter.  It was fucking funny!

The House Party thread - pissing in Mick's koi pond - man, did we know how to dream!

Show Us Your Faces - always a favorite...

End of the Year RO Awards - talk about stirring up some shit!  ...omg!

Oh hell...there are just too many to mention!

Whoa...Pammy. Talk about the good ol days???
DAmn. Lots of that is before my time.
But I lurked. And was SCARED to DEATH to jump in.

I remember the back and forth between you and Nanky. Priceless.

The old chatroom. Yikes!!!!!!!!!  Blank Frigging Stare
Ummm....no one has secret records of what went on in there do they????  Ouch!

Howe about the Pie Threads???? lmfao.

I believe the infamous "Voodoo singing into his shoe" occured after an MSG show. Our beloved moderator somehow wandered from the group and was found on a curb near the venue. Yes. He was singing into his show.

What about Maxy being taped for NYC News prior to one of the Licks MSG shows? They ask him to sing a Stones song and he selects Can You Hear Me Knockin? Do you still have the tape of that, Miss Pam???? I'm sure his inlaws would appreciate an encore presentation. As I recall, he was in BIG TROUBLE for that escapade.

INSANITY.

LJ.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:55am by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #61 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:02am
The outragously funny account of Voodoo singing to his shoe (was that at Giants or MSG?)  It doesn't matter.  It was fucking funny!

Giants. I believe it was Moonie who somehow managed to randomly find him alone in the middle of a crowd of 60,000 drunkenly serenading his ripped sneaker.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #62 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:01am
Gazza wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:02am:

Giants. I believe it was Moonie who somehow managed to randomly find him alone in the middle of a crowd of 60,000 drunkenly serenading his ripped sneaker.

I stand corrected.
Even worse...getting lost at Giants stadium!!!!!
LOL

LJ.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #63 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:35am
LadyJane wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:01am:

I stand corrected.
LOL

LJ.

Was he lost? How would he have known? Would he have cared? I think it was more  a case of being drunk and daft.

We DID lose him at MSG two nights earlier. As he'd decided to go at the last minute, he wasnt sitting with Jaxx and myself, so we'd all agreed to meet at a bar a block or so away (Mustang Harrys, I think).

Everyone made it there after the gig but Voodoo. We stayed until around 2 am and then walked back about 15 blocks to Jaxx's sister's apartment in the pissing rain, stepping over a few winos en route, wondering what had happened to our comrade, and fearing the worst. How the fuck can you get lost walking one block south on 8th Avenue?

We arrived back to find him tucked up in bed, snoring (and probably farting) like a freight train. He was wandering around the Garden after the show in a drunken state and just happened to be found by Jaxx's sister, who was on her way out of the gig, having been seated elsewhere in the arena. She brought his drunken ass home. His natural homing instinct had come up trumps again.

My own everlasting memory of that trip occurred once I arrived in New York. Jaxx hadnt told me or anyone else that he was coming (they wanted to surprise me), but unknown to me he'd secured a ticket at the last minute.

I'd got the bus to Grand Central and was walking down Park Avenue, respectably dressed in a suit (it wasnt long after 9/11 and for some reason we'd been advised to look respectable and non threatening when flying into the US) and minding my own business.  I'd got about as far as 31st Street when I could swear I hears this voice..."Gazza!"....No, I thought. I'm 3,000 miles from home. No one knows me in New York.

Walked on another 20 steps...."Gazza!"..... I thought, there's something fishy goin' on here.....and then the voice goes again..."Gazza - You Cocksucker!".....At this point I curled my right hand into a fist and turned around to confront my aggressor - and there's this Mexican lunatic standin' there with a shit-eatin grin on his face and his arms wide apart...

"What the fuck are YOU doin' here?" I said, disbelievingly

"I'm here to see the Stones!"

(At this point, I'm beginning to get edgy as I've been told the apartment we're staying in is pretty small, has one bedroom and only one person normally lives in it..)

"Uh...great....and where are you staying?"

"I'm staying with YOU!!!!"

"Oh fuck!!"

A chaotic few days ensued as you can imagine, but we had a hoot.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:38am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #64 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:46am
Gazza wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:35am:
LadyJane wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:01am:

I stand corrected.
LOL

LJ.

Was he lost? How would he have known? Would he have cared? I think it was more  a case of being drunk and daft.

We DID lose him at MSG two nights earlier. As he'd decided to go at the last minute, he wasnt sitting with Jaxx and myself, so we'd all agreed to meet at a bar a block or so away (Mustang Harrys, I think).

Everyone made it there after the gig but Voodoo. We stayed until around 2 am and then walked back about 15 blocks to Jaxx's sister's apartment in the pissing rain, stepping over a few winos en route, wondering what had happened to our comrade, and fearing the worst. How the fuck can you get lost walking one block south on 8th Avenue?

We arrived back to find him tucked up in bed, snoring (and probably farting) like a freight train. He was wandering around the Garden after the show in a drunken state and just happened to be found by Jaxx's sister, who was on her way out of the gig, having been seated elsewhere in the arena. She brought his drunken ass home. His natural homing instinct had come up trumps again.

My own everlasting memory of that trip occurred once I arrived in New York. Jaxx hadnt told me or anyone else that he was coming (they wanted to surprise me), but unknown to me he'd secured a ticket at the last minute.

I'd got the bus to Grand Central and was walking down Park Avenue, respectably dressed in a suit (it wasnt long after 9/11 and for some reason we'd been advised to look respectable and non threatening when flying into the US) and minding my own business.  I'd got about as far as 31st Street when I could swear I hears this voice..."Gazza!"....No, I thought. I'm 3,000 miles from home. No one knows me in New York.

Walked on another 20 steps...."Gazza!"..... I thought, there's something fishy goin' on here.....and then the voice goes again..."Gazza - You Cocksucker!".....At this point I curled my right hand into a fist and turned around to confront my aggressor - and there's this Mexican lunatic standin' there with a shit-eatin grin on his face and his arms wide apart...

"What the fuck are YOU doin' here?" I said, disbelievingly

"I'm here to see the Stones!"

(At this point, I'm beginning to get edgy as I've been told the apartment we're staying in is pretty small, has one bedroom and only one person normally lives in it..)

"Uh...great....and where are you staying?"

"I'm staying with YOU!!!!"

"Oh fuck!!"

A chaotic few days ensued as you can imagine, but we had a hoot.

Grin

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #65 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:58am
Beers for lunch

I still have the Newcastle tap handle from those days.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

If I were a shrink, I think I would conduct a case study of the place.
An entire chapter alone could be devoted to Joey and his fetishes.

Really wish I had logged it better.
For the first few years I could remember more of the themes and jokes.
But as time marches, and lives get busier, you can lose touch with it all.
I hate that.

Gazza mentioned the rain after MSG - holy shit - Maxmeister and I walked for an hour all around MSG trying to find that party.  We were drenched.  By the time we got there, people were starting to head out   That was the night I first heard of infllatable party sheep (IPS) from she whose name shall not be spoken.

Ouch!

One of my fondest memories was the opener of the tour in Boston last time out.
I'm standing in the bar at the four seasons and this big guy, semi-shaven, in a t-shirt with a goat's head on it and a bandana in his hair comes over and says "hey"like he knows me.

I look the guy over and I don't recognize him at all.
Maybe someone I met at SARS in Toronto?
I don't know - I think he must be drunk and thinks I am someone else.

"Can I buy you a drink nanker?" he says
Oh shit.
He knows me.
But I am clueless.

It's jb.

Another strange incident occurred in Chicago at Soldier Field (not the freezing show).
A bunch of us are standing there by the food place while the opener played.
And this guy comes up to me and says "hey are you nankerphelge"
I figure I am being served
Turns out he is a friend of Joey's and recognized me from some post.
Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #66 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:14am
i don't recall the guys name (not being an RO contributor, at the time)
but there was someone on here, who insisted Mick Jagger
treated Jacob Cohl, 'like his son', and was a big-hitter in the RS 'machine'.

you made a grown man cry

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #67 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:16am
nankerphelge wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 7:58am:
Another strange incident occurred in Chicago at Soldier Field (not the freezing show).
A bunch of us are standing there by the food place while the opener played.
And this guy comes up to me and says "hey are you nankerphelge"
I figure I am being served
Turns out he is a friend of Joey's and recognized me from some post.
Blank Frigging Stare

Keith Moon?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #68 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:06am
FotiniD wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:55am:
So come on! What are everyone's top 10 most memorable moments in the 10 years of Rocks Off so far?

i'd have to go with....

voodoo: "Clapton is #1! Clapton is #1!!"

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #69 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:09am
"Keith Moon? "

That's freakin' funny!

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #70 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:21am
Other RO moment... ask Fabio LOL we had a very nice cartoon by Woody  you made a grown man cry

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #71 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:21am
" Keith Moon? "

Keith Moon is EVER present .

It is good to have a Lil' Keith Moon is ALL of us .

J. Fly !   

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #72 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:26am
Some moments you didn't see

Waking up early in the morning to delete some drunken posts by.... myself LOL

One day it was the first appearance of me in underware (the classic) with the lyrics of HAPPY, Lazy Bones said many times it was a RO classic

One day I read a message with a song "Hey there people I'm Voodoo Chile" with lyrics based on Zappa's Bobby Brown with the picture of me in underware! I left that one

One day I banned myself to prevent drunk-posting and then I was so drunk that couldn't unban me so I gotta wait till the hungover passed so I didn't change the header in two days

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #73 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:37am
Not sure is these are RO classics but what about the "YOU ALL ROCK!!!" and "I LOVE YOU ALL 'CAUSE YOU ROCK" threads posted by... myself around 4 - 5 AM my time... LOL   you made a grown man cry Shit! piss off

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #74 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:42am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:26am:
Some moments you didn't see

Waking up early in the morning to delete some drunken posts by.... myself LOL

One day it was the first appearance of me in underware (the classic) with the lyrics of HAPPY, Lazy Bones said many times it was a RO classic

One day I read a message with a song "Hey there people I'm Voodoo Chile" with lyrics based on Zappa's Bobby Brown with the picture of me in underware! I left that one

One day I banned myself to prevent drunk-posting and then I was so drunk that couldn't unban me so I gotta wait till the hungover passed so I didn't change the header in two days

all of these incidents and many more can be seen on this fryday's episode of VH1's "behind the posting", 8 PM EST.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)