Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 167
Send Topic Print
Anything Springsteen  on RO... Part 4a (Read 568,713 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Anything Springsteen  on RO... Part 4a
Reply #125 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 8:45am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:57am:
Glad you enjoyed your dose of Bruce, Bob!  What a killer show..

I have listened to to the Tampa show too.   Bruce's voice in Backstreets tells it all.  Emotionally powerful to put it mildly (P.S.  Guys, I probably won't get that show out to you both until after my vacation).

No rush Meg. I'm still busy listening to the subdivision leg boots. Grin...Have a great vacation. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #126 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 8:53am
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:14am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 9:51pm:
Yet another amazing setlist. Most likely delivered in amazing fashion as usual. What an incredible example of what an Icon rock act can and should be. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

Well said..
From last night and it is just a snippet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSgKSBQI1QE

Excellent! Lovin' the guest spots on this tour.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #127 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:59am
Ade wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 8:22am:
if anyone knows of a spare STANDING ticket, for either of the Bruce London shows,
at the end of May, please let me know.
thanks

Check out the ticket areas on Greasy Lake and Backstreets, Ade.  You'll have to join another board-lol

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #128 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:07am
ok Meg- thanks.
have a great weekend, if i don't speak to you beforehand.
Smiley

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #129 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:12am
Ade wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:07am:
ok Meg- thanks.
have a great weekend, if i don't speak to you beforehand.
Smiley

Thanks..Jackie tomorrow.....tingle!!!

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #130 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 4:08pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #131 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 4:27pm

Not sure whether its choice was coincidence or not, but "Turn, Turn, Turn" is a pretty appropriate choice of song in the light of everything that's happened in the last week.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #132 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 4:48pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 4:27pm:

Not sure whether its choice was coincidence or not, but "Turn, Turn, Turn" is a pretty appropriate choice of song in the light of everything that's happened in the last week.

Thinking the same thing, Gazza..

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #133 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 5:46pm
Not gonna post it here..
but for any interested Bruce's eulogy for Danny is here along with a video tribute
http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html

IP Logged

Eduardo BM Paiva
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Brasil
Reply #134 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:48pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 5:46pm:
Not gonna post it here..
but for any interested Bruce's eulogy for Danny is here along with a video tribute

read that... Beautiful!

Love this part:

So today, making another one of his mysterious exits, we say farewell to Danny, "Phantom" Dan, Federici. Father, husband, my brother, my friend, my mystery, my thorn, my rose, my keyboard player, my miracle man and lifelong member in good standing of the house rockin', pants droppin', earth shockin', hard rockin', booty shakin', love makin', heart breakin', soul cryin'... and, yes, death defyin' legendary E Street Band.

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #135 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:54pm
Eduardo BM Paiva wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:48pm:
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 5:46pm:
Not gonna post it here..

read that... Beautiful!

Love this part:

So today, making another one of his mysterious exits, we say farewell to Danny, "Phantom" Dan, Federici. Father, husband, my brother, my friend, my mystery, my thorn, my rose, my keyboard player, my miracle man and lifelong member in good standing of the house rockin', pants droppin', earth shockin', hard rockin', booty shakin', love makin', heart breakin', soul cryin'... and, yes, death defyin' legendary E Street Band.

Brilliant, funny and heart felt piece of writing...

And the video is also something else...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #136 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:46pm
[quote author=Gazza link=1208187041/100#119 date=

Stunning setlist again. Looks like he's increasingly conscious of embracing the band's past in recent shows at least as much as promoting a new record. cant wait to hear the McGuinn duets

The only possible downside of all of these incredible setlist's,is the slight possibility this might be the last full-scale E-Street Tour....I said SLIGHT. Before everybody starts yelling at me. It just seems almost too good to be true that an artist with this history and success would go about changing the setlist so drasticly every night. Unless this is the big goodbye nobody wants to acknowledge. I am certainly not complaining by any means. It's just that this is the formula ,many veteran acts (not just the stones) should do. Dig through your catalog and have the abilty and confidence to play it well....Whatever,it's been a pretty fucking good tour so far. Cheers to those have shows coming up and let's hope he just keeps extending the tour.(More CA Huh)

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #137 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 10:41pm
MRD8 wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 7:13am:
Karen and I got an INCREDIBLE, high energy show last night from Bruce and his band at Amway Arena in Orlando...after opening with the film montage of Danny Federici's life set to the song Blood Brothers the band tore into an alternate version of the song...to get to see Roger McGuinn from the Byrd's join them for TWO songs was AMAZING!(McGuinn lives here in central Florida.)

Bob! So glad you got to see this show.  Smiley

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #138 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 6:51am
Here is the Blood Brothers Danny Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybT8oUUdCQ

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #139 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 7:56am

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #140 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:19am
thanks for the link,  Meg  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #141 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 7:23pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:46pm:
Stunning setlist again. Looks like he's increasingly conscious of embracing the band's past in recent shows at least as much as promoting a new record. cant wait to hear the McGuinn duets

The only possible downside of all of these incredible setlist's,is the slight possibility this might be the last full-scale E-Street Tour....I said SLIGHT. Before everybody starts yelling at me. It just seems almost too good to be true that an artist with this history and success would go about changing the setlist so drasticly every night. Unless this is the big goodbye nobody wants to acknowledge. I am certainly not complaining by any means. It's just that this is the formula ,many veteran acts (not just the stones) should do. Dig through your catalog and have the abilty and confidence to play it well....Whatever,it's been a pretty fucking good tour so far. Cheers to those have shows coming up and let's hope he just keeps extending the tour.(More CA Huh)

Agree with the possibility of this being the last big ESB tour.
But then again, many thought the same thing of The Reunion Tour.

As for mining the catalog being an indicator, that's not the case - they played over 100 different songs on The Reunion Tour, and 150 on The Rising Tour.

Seems like they're just getting warmed up on this one...

Oh, yeah.
'Reason To Believe' opener, and 'Blinded By The Light' (for Danny) in the five hole tonight in Hot 'lanta.
« Last Edit: Apr 25th, 2008 at 8:09pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #142 - Apr 25th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Point Blank as well tonight Lefty. I think it's only maybe the 2nd or 3rd time on this leg. Love that song. War horses couldn't drag me away

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #143 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 10:11am
Blinded tour premiere.. Cool

Did I blast enough Jackie for you guys last night?!!  You know..he is young enough we can follow him around in our old age when Bruce, Bob, and the Stones are gone.. He will keep us young.  And from his mouth into my ear a little trip over the ocean may be in store.  Yes I wasn't suppose to tell-hahaha

Vacation next week.  I expect you guys to keep me posted on the last 4 Bruce concerts that I will miss.

APRIL 25, ATLANTA: THAT'S WHERE THE FUN IS
For the third show in four nights, Bruce is clearly keen to retain the element of surprise. He's writing setlists that veer dramatically off the course he'd set for so much of the Magic tour, and then when it comes time to perform, he's even shaking that up. Tonight in Atlanta, after opening with that high-octane "Reason to Believe" for the first time, two of the next three songs were audibles. That's keeping it interesting for everyone -- particularly in the first half of the show, there was no telling what would come next. And the crowd ate it up -- the Philips Arena ain't exactly intimate, but the place was packed to the rafters, and into it.

Eleven songs played in Atlanta that didn't come out in Orlando, including a magnificent "Point Blank," "Trapped," and "Murder Incorporated," with a great Bruce/Stevie guitar duel that made us miss "Gypsy Biker" at least a little less. Only six songs from Magic, though this was the city of its birth... and with "Lonesome Day" dropped out (and "Out in the Street" in), my pop rightly noted halfway through that it felt like the Reunion tour. Though not as well represented, Magic did get a deeper cut played tonight -- Bruce broke out "Your Own Worst Enemy," which he said was "in honor of producer extraordinaire Brendan O'Brien." He added, "It won't be as good as the record, but we'll try." And it was impressive, the full-sounding four-part vocals at least coming close to replicating the record's wall of sound.

Getting its tour premiere was "Blinded By the Light," in the slot that brought "Spirit" and "Sandy" the last few nights. "I want to thank you for all the prayers and condolences for Danny," Springsteen told the crowd before the song (and we got the video montage at the start of the show, too). "We appreciate it very much. His family appreciates it very much. We've been digging into the 'old' box these last few nights," he said to cheers, going on to reminisce a bit about the early days of the band, meeting at the Upstage in Asbury Park. "I met Steve at 16, Danny at 18... Danny and Mad Dog asked me to be in the band.... It was me, Danny, Garry, 'Mad Dog' Lopez, and Clarence. Just a little five piece -- with a setlist of masterpieces," Bruce laughed. "We know this one!" A rocky start, but yeah, they knew it, and "Blinded" was a blast.

"Bobby Jean" was a granted request-by-sign, and while I'd never put Sharpie to posterboard for that one myself, I was glad I kept my ears open: I heard a power and a poignancy in that song tonight that, to me, has been missing for a long time. More audibles came in the encore, with "Kitty's Back" replaced by "Rosalita" -- "This is for New Orleans!" Bruce hollered, in response to another sign -- and "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out" in for "Dancing in the Dark." Think you can pin Bruce down? Kid, you better get the picture.

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #144 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 10:33am
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2008 at 10:41am by PartyDoll MEG »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #145 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 4:42pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Apr 25th, 2008 at 7:23pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:46pm:

Agree with the possibility of this being the last big ESB tour.
But then again, many thought the same thing of The Reunion Tour.

As for mining the catalog being an indicator, that's not the case - they played over 100 different songs on The Reunion Tour, and 150 on The Rising Tour.

Seems like they're just getting warmed up on this one...

Oh, yeah.
'Reason To Believe' opener, and 'Blinded By The Light' (for Danny) in the five hole tonight in Hot 'lanta.

A lot of folks have been talking since it started as if this would be the final ESB tour. Bruce has said otherwise, but who knows. I do think his next project will either be a solo record or maybe more work with the Sessions band though. If so, I cant see an ESB tour in four or five years or so.

Am I right in saying that the last 15 shows have had 15 different openers?

By my reckoning, the band has played 99 songs to date on this tour in 65 shows. Thats quite impressive considering he's had to replace a band member at short notice half way through. On the current US leg (24 shows to date) theyve played 83 different songs - 32 of them being tour premieres.

..and there's still at least 31 shows left!
« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2008 at 4:44pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #146 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 4:58pm

" A lot of folks have been talking since it started as if this would be the final ESB tour. Bruce has said otherwise, but who knows. I do think his next project will either be a solo record or maybe more work with the Sessions band though. If so, I cant see an ESB tour in four or five years or so.

By my reckoning, the band has played 99 songs to date on this tour in 65 shows. Thats quite impressive considering he's had to replace a band member at short notice half way through. On the current US leg (24 shows to date) theyve played 83 different songs - 32 of them being tour premieres.

..and there's still at least 31 shows left "

The Omaha , NE gig was AWESOME  . I am now ' Brucified ' !!!!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

'kins

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #147 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 5:21pm

You probably are Gazza. I love the changing openers. Really keeps you on the edge of your seat(or feet if your in GA) since you don't know what's coming. Which is probably true for the rest of the set as well.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #148 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 9:23pm
Gazza wrote on Apr 26th, 2008 at 4:42pm:

Not quite.

After the 'So Young And In Love' opener in Hartford, 'Night' and 'No Surrender' alternated - except for
'The Ties That Bind' in Buffalo.

Starting with the Cincy show on 3/22, openers other than ^ have been:
'Darlington County'
'Trapped'
'Atlantic City'
'Spirit In The Night'
'Out In The Street'
'Light Of Day'
'Thunder Road'
'Tenth Avenue Freeze Out'
'Cadillac Ranch'
'Backstreets'
'Reason To Believe'

Still pretty good though.
And still plenty more shows to go...  Smiley

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #149 - Apr 26th, 2008 at 9:55pm
Yes, Nassau was a "Night" night. I was talking with folks at work the other night who are still fans despite "recent events" & they said that Giants Stadium is a horror show for Brucie. I went to 2 Stones shows there & the 1st was fine but the second was horrid as far as getting to the venue.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 167
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)