Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
AC/DC ON TOUR!!! (Read 11,334 times)
Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: AC/DC ON TOUR!!!
Reply #50 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 8:11pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
OK heres the scoop on BLACK ICE ~ There are TWO DIFFERENT COVERS! Black with red  AC/DC lettering AND Black with YELLOW AC/DC lettering, yellow is the limited special edition, both the great Wal-Mart price of $10.88 plus tax. I got the last limited edition, and the CD's are flying off the shelves, seriously only one special edition was left and the shelf was almost empty. Good for them coz BLACK ICE ROCKS after only one play! woo hoo!  The cover rocks too, black on black, really cool looking!

IP Logged

stones67
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #51 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 6:04am
Black Ice is a great rock album..... the production is amazing, the songs are consistently strong...... AC/DC HAVE introduced a few new elements into their sound, but without compromising what they are about at all.

Brian Johnston's voice is back in the mix... the lyrics are only a vehicle for his voice, so it is not the main ingredient. It's not Bob Dylan. And like I say the production is fantastic... The guitars sound is perfect, the bass drives wonderfully, and the drums are recorded crisply and sound spacious while not losing the 'band sound' vibe one bit.

I think it will be one of the years biggest albums, if not THE biggest, and I think it will be an AC/DC classic... kind of like a 'Back in Black' II.

Lovers of hard rock should check it out!!! I give it 5 stars.

IP Logged

Soldatti
Rocks Off Regular

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reply #52 - Oct 21st, 2008 at 8:28pm
ICING THE BUCK: AC/DC hit Wal-Mart stores yesterday and are reportedly blowing the doors off of the retail giant. We are told that sales for the exclusive Black Ice release are out-pacing the Eagles' first week, which was also a Wal-Mart exclusive. Estimates for first week are currently ranging between 750k and 900k, which would make it the biggest Sony BMG release in the past two years, besting Alicia Keys' 742k mark set last November. It would also make it the biggest rock release from any label over the last two years, beating the 721k sold by Coldplay last June. Will it have enough steam to catch the one- million march? Stay tuned. (10/21p)

Awesome, sometime this Thursday/Friday, Black Ice will surpass the ABB album total (545k) of 3+ years.

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #53 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 6:30pm
I like the new one. I listened to it over the last two days, and sure there a few I can take or leave. Track 1, 3,4,10 and 15 are my faves so far. Hope they do Big Jack in DC.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Monkeytonkman
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 3:05am
popular concensus seems to be that this is a cracking return to form for the band. must admit I got my hopes up after reading all the positive reviews, but felt it didn't meet my expectations upon the first few spins.

Reckon Stiff Upper Lip was a lot more instantaneous, this seems like an album which will grow in appreciation upon repeated listens. my mate agrees too.

At the moment I'm not rating it as highly as For those about to Rock, Razors Edge, or Stiff upper Lip as the post 'Back in Black' albums with Beano.

Might change my opinion once I've listened to it a few more times.

IP Logged

straycatuk
Rocks Off Regular

Northern England
Reply #55 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 5:09am
This album rocks. It only suffers,as ABB did from been too long .

WHY do bands insist on filling up a cd ? What will happen with the next format ..........................4 hour albums ?

The title track's riff is fucking awsome !

Still haven't got tickets,but I've got 6 months yet. Hope they do some stadiums.

sc uk

outcasts all their lives

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #56 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 7:06am
I can normally take AC/DC in small doses, but I downloaded this and really like it - although I agree it's maybe a little long, but after 8 years you can hardly blame them.

Really like "Spoilin' For A Fight". Would have fitted nicely amongst all those aggressive songs on 'Undercover' or 'Dirty Work'.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #57 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 7:59am
that's all nice & peachy, bu i still don't have any tickets!

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #58 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 8:56am

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Monkeytonkman
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Oct 24th, 2008 at 8:56am
Got a feeling, DC will announce something big in the Uk before too long, it's been reported in the red tops that they will announce more dates, but i think something like milton Keynes bowl, or donnington should be called for.

Luckily enough I've got my ticket for Birmingham, but all of my hairy mates weren't so lucky and they are all gagging to go. ticket of the year this one.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #60 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 9:53pm
Last night's "reahearsal" show setlist from Wilkes Barre.Courtesy of Crazy Dadda and andy js on iorr:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't a Bad Place To Be
03. Back in Black
04. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
05. Thunderstruck
06. Hells Bells
07. You Shook Me All Night Long
08. TNT
09. Black Ice
10. Whole Lotta Rosie
11. Let There Be Rock
-------------------------------
12. Highway to Hell
13. For Those About to Rock

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #61 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 10:28pm
who's Brian JohnsTon????

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #62 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 3:25am

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=220300

Hi everybody!
It has been a lot of fun being part of the "Yellow Route" of the AC/DC Caravan leaving Knoxville and ending up in Wilkes-Barre for the final dress rehearsal for the "Black Ice" tour! I got to do a lot of things over the last 4 days but it is good to be back home. I did tape the show but being caught up in the moment I did have my levels a little too high so there is some "clipping" and for that I appologize. I hope you like it anyway for what it is.

Enjoy!

AC-DC 2008-10-26 Wachovia Arena Wilkes-Barre PA USA
Sony ECM-717 > M-Audio 10db pad > ZOOM H2 > SDHC card > PC > WavePad > TLH > Flac
Taped by Jerry B. aka "The Govner"

01 Cartoon Intro
02 Rock N' Roll Train
03 Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
04 Back In Black
05 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06 Thunderstruck
07 Hells Bells
08 You Shook Me All Night Long
09 T.N.T.
10 Black Ice
11 Whole Lotta Rosie
12 Let There Be Rock
13 Audience
14 Highway To Hell
15 For Those About To Rock We Salute You

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #63 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 10:09pm
thanks to Parmeda, I just heard a bit of the chicago show.
pics to follow.

LJ.

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #64 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:04am
I'm going to the Tacoma show, can't wait!!!!! What the fuck?

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #65 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:25am
Here is the set list they played in Chicago on Oct. 30th.

1 Rock & Roll Train
2. Hell Ain’t a Bad Place To Be
3. Big Jack
4. Back In Black
5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
6. Thunderstruck
7. Black Ice
8. The Jack
9. Hells Bells
10.. War Machine
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. Anything Goes
13. You Shook Me All Night Long
14. T.N.T.
15. Whole Lotta Rosie
16. Let There Be Rock
17. Highway To Hell
18. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfCVr-9p6Q

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #66 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:46am
Nice set list.

Cannot wait.

IP Logged

rogerriffin
Rocks Off Regular

MEXICO DF.
Reply #67 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 5:08pm
Lastnight show, halloween show, Chicago 11-1-2008:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=221096

2008-11-01 Allstate Arena Rosemont IL USA

01 Intro Cartoon
02 Rock N' Roll Train
03 Hell Ain't No Bad Place To Be
04 Back In Black
05 Big Jack
06 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
07 Thunderstruck
08 Black Ice
09 The Jack
10 Hells Bells
11 Shoot To Thrill
12 War Machine
13 Anything Goes
14 You Shook Me All Night Long
15 T.N.T.
16 Whole Lotta Rosie
17 Let There Be Rock
18 Audience
19 Highway To Hell
20 For Those About To Rock We Salute You

Best audience show til the moment..
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 5:10pm by rogerriffin »  

"Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go! Keith-Mexico`95
WWW rogerriffin rogerriffin@yahoo.com.mx  
IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #68 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 8:56pm
Dear Nanky & TomL...

Buckle up your seat-belts, boyz!
The train is rollin' in and it doesn't STOP!!!

I am still tone-deaf - no kidding!  Fuckers hit me - and they hit me HARD!
... it will be DAYS before I resume the hearing in my right ear, lol

You two are going to have the HUGEST grins (chiba induced first and foremost, I'm sure...) but goddammit you are going to be two happy little fuckers by evening's end!

No doubt about it - THEY ROCKED! ...just like I knew they would!

Cliff and Phil look great (aging gracefully) - Malcolm never changes (God love him...) - Brian looks FABULOUS...he's lost weight and it really makes a difference in his performance - And my little Angus.... omg...  as always, a sheer delight to watch!  He's incredible.  I have to say his stamina is still something to be admired, but he has toned things down a notch (as far as the physical aspect goes...the head-banging and stomping have decreased immensely!)  But the strummin' hasn't been affected by his aging AT ALL.

Did I mention - THEY ROCKED!

Nanky - I tried calling your cell - can't say for certain if the call ever went through - couldn't hear shit on your end.  Tom - why don't I have your cell # in my phone?  (Thought I did...)  You would have gotten a tease as well.  I was able to get through to LJ, but again - I couldn't hear a fucking thing.

A few things for you two to look forward to: 
>  The opening - the animation was great & wait 'til you see the fucking train on the stage!

>  The catwalk - (I hear you have floor seats?) dudes are very accessible - use it to your advantage!

>  "The Bell" - it would not be AC~DC without "The Bell"!

>  "Rosie" - Oh yeah, that hagged groupie tramp is still part of the act, lol

>  Very nice album cover tribute during "Let There Be Rock" - don't miss it!!! 

>  The cannons - *sigh* - it's always a pleasure to have your eardrums vibrate for up to 12 hours after the fucking show!

Did I tell you THEY ROCKED!!!

THEY DID!!  They brought their old school and their Black Ice 'A-Game' with 'em.

Sorry about the shitty cell phone pictures...But, I have more (extremely much better) on my camera (that I accidentally left at my sister's today)...I'll get them to you guys as soon as I get it back.

And for anyone else - GET A TICKET!  Do NOT miss this show!

much love to ya'll...
~p

(P.S.  Thanks, mr. riffin - for the link!)

I am fluent in three languages... English, Sarcasm, and Profanity

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #69 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 2:04pm
I see them in 5+ hours!!1  Rockin' now!!!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #70 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 12:05am
Awesome show!!!  Same setlist as last posted.

Globe review....
While change is being cheered in some corners of the world right now, the members of AC/DC know that there is also some value in sticking to your guns. Or, in their case, cannons.

Last night at the TD Banknorth Garden, "Hells Bells" rang out, the walls were shaking, the big guns blazed in salute to those who had rocked, and for 1 hour and 40 minutes nobody worried about their 401(k). For a hard-rock concert, you could scarcely ask for a more satisfying escape. But AC/DC offered it, in the form of lead guitarist Angus Young's vivid, joyous solos and lead singer Brian Johnson's just-gargled-with-Rustoleum howl.

The pair led the band and the devil's horn-throwing - and wearing - sold-out crowd of 15,000 through a night of old songs, and new songs that sound like old songs.

There were a few frills - aside from those cannons, a locomotive chugged onstage to announce opener "Rock 'n' Roll Train" - and plenty of thrills delivered with heat and heart. There was no milking of "TNT" or adding new stretches of road to "Highway to Hell." This was lean, clean riffage and four-on-the-floor whomp at its most pure. As Johnson said during "Shoot to Thrill," "It's rock 'n' roll boogie; just let it creep right on through you."

Perhaps most impressive was the shockwave the group sent through songs so ubiquitous they've become almost inaudible over the years. Johnson's mischievous grin and laddish gusto and Young's white-hot precision managed to sear the residue off songs like "You Shook Me All Night Long" and "Thunderstruck" caked on by overuse and abuse by cover bands and classic rock radio, and at ball games and strip clubs. And the lascivious bump-and-grind of "The Jack" remains a guilty pleasure as Young continues his silly striptease tradition, though now he only gets down to his AC/DC-branded boxers from his schoolboy uniform.

He may still embrace his inner adolescent, but Young's guitar playing is that of a man his age (53) with plenty of experience in the woodshed. His fretwork was the picture of economy throughout the night, but he got his guitar hero on for a fiery solo during "Whole Lotta Rosie" - complete with a blow-up representation of the titular gal - and let loose with an epic ripper on "Let There Be Rock." He careered from speedy runs to piercing sustains while duckwalking and flailing about the stage with abandon.

At 35 years deep and with 70 million records sold, the boys in AC/DC know exactly what their fans like, and the recently released "Black Ice," their first album in eight years, reflects that. Not surprisingly, it sounds like most of the ones that came before it, so the tunes from it - including the swinging title track - fit in just fine last night.

Irish rockers, and clear AC/DC devotees, the Answer opened the show with a complementary sound and attitude.

Herald review.....
Angus Young is 53. Let that sink in. The guy in the purple, crushed-velvet schoolboy outfit bouncing down the catwalk in front of 15,000 people tearing through dirty blues Clapton can’t play is 53 years old. Wow.

Last night at packed-to-the-rafters TD Banknorth Garden, AC/DC fired off classic rock hit after classic rock hit sounding, and acting, like the young lads they were 30 years ago. OK, so with a combined age of 281, the quintet’s lost a step. But with the amount of beer guzzled and weed toked, nobody cared.

The band began with “Rock ’n’ Roll Train” - the opener of its new Wal-Mart exclusive, “Black Ice.” New stuff usually doesn’t go over well with the classic rock crowd, but as the album’s gone platinum in just the last two-and-a-half weeks, a shocking number of fans had their beers in the air in a rock ’n’ roll salute.

But no AC/DC show begins until Angus heats up. During “Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be” he was hot. On “Back in Black,” smoke was rising from the fretboard of his iconic Signature SG. But it was on “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap” that those devil horns began to poke through his schoolboy cap and he burst into flames.

From here on out it was all Angus. Singer Brian Johnson is to be commended -the bloke never could sing, so it’s amazing he’s still able to wheeze and wail through almost two hours of stadium pleasers. The rhythm section of brother Malcolm Young on guitar, Cliff Williams on bass and Phil Rudd on drums - half the night with a burning cigarette between his lips - hit a groove and kept it nailed down. But everyone came for Angus.

The pint-sized, bar-blues genius - who looked more like Gollum than a rock god - tore through “The Jack,” “Shoot to Thrill” and “T.N.T.” with the moxy of a reform school-bound ninth-grader. And during “Let There Be Rock” - Angus’ big showpiece - it wasn’t his duck walk or on-the-ground flailing or the platform at the end of the catwalk that carried him 30 feet in the air that made it so awesome. It was the riffs. The kick-in-the-groin, simple-and-savage, rock ’n’ roll riffs.

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers, your minds have just been blown!

Few claim AC/DC as the greatest rock band of all time, but if rock’s about two things - sex and rebellion - then these guys may be No. 1. Or at least that’s what everybody at the Garden thought when the band blasted through an encore of “Highway to Hell” and “For Those About to Rock.”

You know when sexy celebs have utterly average kids? Well, that’s what AC/DC opener the Answer was. AC/DC and Led Zeppelin had a kid. Its rock was as average as Rumer Willis.

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2008 at 5:29am by lotsajizz »  

IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #71 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 9:41pm
Hey jizz!

oh, wait......

HEY JIZZ!

Is this better?

'Cause I KNOW you must be semi-deaf today...

Seriously - what was your take on it?
Did they not deliver, or what!

I can't wait for Nanky & TomL to lose a few more brain cells this Saturday, lol

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #72 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 10:17am
They ALWAYS deliver.  It was a great show.  Nice set list, great effects.  I've seen them more than a dozen times since 1981 and I can state that Angus' playing is better than ever.  He might run around less and do less head-bobbing, but the playing remains superb.  The show's a little shorter, about 105 minutes give or take!  Brian's voice remains a wonder.  And though they may have cranked it down a little since the 80's, they remain LOUD!!!!!  The ears only just stopped ringing this morning!  The opening video sequence and train is a hoot!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #73 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 11:29pm
Is there an supporting act? i don't think I can make it to the DC show until around 9 or so...any help appreciated

IP Logged

parmeda
Rocks Off Regular

Chicago
Reply #74 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:32am
Yes, there is PA.

A little Irish band called "the answer" - never heard of them and only caught 1/2 of their stuff.  The other 1/2 was wasted on me milling around trying to buy a fricken program!  They were on for 45 minutes - AC/DC hit the stage 15 minutes later.

I don't know if they are touring with them the entire time, though.

Hope this helps.

And for god's sake - DON'T miss the opening!
(you'll thank me later  Smiley )

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)