Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 © Michael Chow/The Republic

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
AC/DC ON TOUR!!! (Read 11,316 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: AC/DC ON TOUR!!!
Reply #75 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 6:42am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
parmeda wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:32am:
Yes, there is PA.

A little Irish band called "the answer" - never heard of them and only caught 1/2 of their stuff.  The other 1/2 was wasted on me milling around trying to buy a fricken program!  They were on for 45 minutes - AC/DC hit the stage 15 minutes later.

I don't know if they are touring with them the entire time, though.

they're from Downpatrick in Northern Ireland - about 20 miles from me. They opened a few shows for the Stones and the Who in summer 2007 as well.

Nice work if you can get it. As far as I know, they're touring with AC/DC for the forseeable future.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #76 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 10:14am
parmeda wrote on Nov 14th, 2008 at 12:32am:
Yes, there is PA.

A little Irish band called "the answer" - never heard of them and only caught 1/2 of their stuff.  The other 1/2 was wasted on me milling around trying to buy a fricken program!  They were on for 45 minutes - AC/DC hit the stage 15 minutes later.

I don't know if they are touring with them the entire time, though.

Hope this helps.

And for god's sake - DON'T miss the opening!
(you'll thank me later  Smiley )

Thank you all...looks like my 9pm ETA will be a bit tight...but as good as it is gonna get!!

Thanks again

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #77 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 8:08am
Preliminary reports from Nanky and TomL are that AC/DC ROCKED DC SATURDAY NIGHT!!!  Better seen on weed!  Let's go get drunk  You rock!

I'll try to get a review from one of them but Nankyson is very busy at work and Sai's home PC has crashed.

developing...................................

LJ.

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #78 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 9:26am
November 15, 2008 9PM Verizon Center Washington D.C.

On a dreary and rainy day the horns came out to play. With my partner in crime Nanky we vested out to see if Mr. Young still had it. Well let me tell you he still has it. Angus did not disappoint the 20,000 people that came to see him and the band play. That crazy bastard can still rock the house down to the ground. I do not think one person sat the whole show; heads were bobbing for 120 minutes straight. The band was on fire and every song was rocking. If you have not seen them in awhile and they are not coming to your home town, pick the closest city and make the trek. They did four songs off the new one, all great. They opened with Runaway train the first track off the new one. They did both jacks new and old, and track 4 off the new one which is also one of my favs. With a wealth of songs to choose from they made the right choices. Hells Bells, thunder struck, Back in black, Highway to hell, whole lotta of Rosie, for those about to rock, black ice and about 8 other classics (I’m sure the set has been posted) my head was still ringing when we got back to the casa del smoky about 11:45, where the madness was digested and debated until about 4AM. I have to put this one up there with some of my bests and I could have not seen it with a better person. Again see this one if you can make it…… PURE ROCK N ROLL.

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #79 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 10:58am
" On a dreary and rainy day the horns came out to play. With my partner in crime Nanky we vested out to see if Mr. Young still had it. Well let me tell you he still has it. Angus did not disappoint the 20,000 people that came to see him and the band play. That crazy bastard can still rock the house down to the ground. I do not think one person sat the whole show; heads were bobbing for 120 minutes straight. The band was on fire and every song was rocking. If you have not seen them in awhile and they are not coming to your home town, pick the closest city and make the trek. They did four songs off the new one, all great. They opened with Runaway train the first track off the new one. They did both jacks new and old, and track 4 off the new one which is also one of my favs. With a wealth of songs to choose from they made the right choices. Hells Bells, thunder struck, Back in black, Highway to hell, whole lotta of Rosie, for those about to rock, black ice and about 8 other classics (I’m sure the set has been posted) my head was still ringing when we got back to the casa del smoky about 11:45, where the madness was digested and debated until about 4AM. I have to put this one up there with some of my bests and I could have not seen it with a better person. Again see this one if you can make it…… PURE ROCK N ROLL.  "

This makes Joey happy .

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #80 - Nov 17th, 2008 at 3:29pm
Fuckin' ears are still ringing...

you made a grown man cry

For the record, the pre-party started at 3pm.

We listened to the following CDs in order

Dirty Deeds
Black Ice
High Voltage
Back in Black
Powerage (on the way to the show and back)
Black Ice again
Let There Be Rock
Razor's Edge
Highway to Hell

All in all - we rocked for 12 hours of straight AC/DC

It was perfect!
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2008 at 3:32pm by nankerphelge »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #81 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 9:06am
" Fuckin' ears are still ringing...

For the record, the pre-party started at 3pm.

We listened to the following CDs in order

Dirty Deeds
Black Ice
High Voltage
Back in Black
Powerage (on the way to the show and back)
Black Ice again
Let There Be Rock
Razor's Edge
Highway to Hell

All in all - we rocked for 12 hours of straight AC/DC

It was perfect! "

Full Frontal Nuzzle coming Your Way my Brother .............

Full FRONTAL !!!!!!!

Skittles Joe

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #82 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:47pm
in rememberance of one of the greatest songs from the 60s...
from none other than the easybeats...
check out angus and malcolm's unusually tall big brother on lead guitar.
sublime....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #83 - Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:54pm
or is it the short guy on the other side..?

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #84 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 8:57am
I never made it to the Philly show, but my friends who went said it was the BEST concert they've been to all year ~ and they go to ALOT of shows, so thats a big compliment!

Shit, I didnt get to see them this time round and I'm really sorry about that, but I'll catch a show next year.

IP Logged

Jumping Jack
Rocks Off Regular

Atlanta
Reply #85 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 11:06am
"Back in Black" took on renewed resonance Monday night as AC/DC blasted through it just three songs into its visit to the Wachovia Center, on its first world tour in seven years. Playing a rapid-fire clip of classics as well as several cuts off the new Black Ice, the reinvigorated, Australian-born band provided a deafening level of rock power, belying the fact that most of its members are now in their 50s.
Barrel-chested singer Brian Johnson, 61, and blistering lead guitarist Angus Young brought bruising force to their by-now-familiar routine. Young arrived in his mischief-making schoolboy uniform - with a hat and tie, and pale, skinny legs sprouting from his short pants - leaving Johnson a more robust, steadfast presence by comparison.

If Johnson could no longer ascend to the upper register demanded by certain songs, his gruff roar and rabble-rousing wail were otherwise unfazed by time. The band's other three members - including Angus' brother, rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young - also performed powerfully, if somewhat in the background.

Pyrotechnics and large-scale props accompanied AC/DC's monster-truck riffs and thundering choruses, whether it was the inflatable title character of "Whole Lotta Rosie" or a remarkably realistic locomotive for the set opener "Rock 'N' Roll Train," the first single from Black Ice.

A capacity crowd raged along with such generation-uniting anthems as "Hell's Bells," "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," "Thunderstruck," and the encore-capping "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)," complete with smoking cannons. Famously dense with innuendo, the enduring "You Shook Me All Night Long" felt a little limp this time, especially next to the chest-pounding swagger of "TNT."

Still, the band members proved first and foremost to be entertainers. Sweaty and well-muscled in a black shirt with cut-off sleeves, Johnson strutted confidently across the stage and down a catwalk leading through the floor seats, preaching to and clasping the hands of the congregation.

Young, meanwhile, stripped lasciviously down to his shorts, shoes, and socks during the finale of "The Jack," briefly revealing boxer shorts with the AC/DC logo emblazoned on the backside. He later spun on the floor of a raised platform while plundering his fretboard to extend his show-stealing role in "Let There Be Rock."

Black Ice may be AC/DC's first album since 2000, but despite debuting just a month ago and being available only at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, and the band's Web site, it's poised to be the year's best-selling rock album.

Likewise, this massive six-month world tour has been a long time coming and proved worth the wait. If anyone can shake rock music out of its identity crisis and reclaim its roots, it's AC/DC.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #86 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 4:27pm
" Likewise, this massive six-month world tour has been a long time coming and proved worth the wait. If anyone can shake rock music out of its identity crisis and reclaim its roots, it's AC/DC .  "

I can not WAIT to see these cats in January

www.QWESTCENTER.com

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #87 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:49pm
Hey anybody Got a setlist for the DC Concert this past weekend, my boy was invited to go and we were coming up off the jack, but his ticket got given away before we could get it, figure I would at least supply the kid with what he did not hear.  Blank Frigging Stare

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #88 - Nov 19th, 2008 at 10:15pm
Kilroy wrote on Nov 19th, 2008 at 7:49pm:
Hey anybody Got a setlist for the DC Concert this past weekend, my boy was invited to go and we were coming up off the jack, but his ticket got given away before we could get it, figure I would at least supply the kid with what he did not hear.  Blank Frigging Stare

Setlist hasn't changed the whole tour. Find one setlist you'll find them all. :smile

This is what they have been playing. Far as I know no changes.

Rock and Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirty Deeds
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hells Bell
War Machine
Shoot to Thrill
Anything Goes
You Shook Me
TNT
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There be Rock

Encore
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2008 at 10:19pm by sweetcharmedlife »  

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #89 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:30am
The Pepsi Center is now incinerated!  AC/DC rocked it into ashes last night.  We got tix in the mid-morning through TXbastard's other ticketing madness and got 60 feet from the stage left in the lower bowl.  It was amazing to see them after 8 years....and I got's to know.......HOW IN THE FUCK DO THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY DID 8 YEARS AGO??????????????   You rock!

Angus is the MAN!!!  I am now worshipping Satan 24/7!  LOL

Gary, did my devil ear pic come through on your cell?  Blink blink!

Even with ear plugs in all night we are now semi-deaf.

Indeed, it is worth every penny.
Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!

xxoo,
Martha

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #90 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 1:41pm
Martha wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:30am:
The Pepsi Center is now incinerated!  AC/DC rocked it into ashes last night.  We got tix in the mid-morning through TXbastard's other ticketing madness and got 60 feet from the stage left in the lower bowl.  It was amazing to see them after 8 years....and I got's to know.......HOW IN THE FUCK DO THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY DID 8 YEARS AGO??????????????   You rock!

Angus is the MAN!!!  I am now worshipping Satan 24/7!  LOL

Gary, did my devil ear pic come through on your cell?  Blink blink!

Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!

xxoo,
Martha

Here y'go, Be'elzebub....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #91 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:33pm
The Pepsi Center is now incinerated!  AC/DC rocked it into ashes last night.  We got tix in the mid-morning through TXbastard's other ticketing madness and got 60 feet from the stage left in the lower bowl.  It was amazing to see them after 8 years....and I got's to know.......HOW IN THE FUCK DO THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY DID 8 YEARS AGO??????????????   You rock!

xxoo,
Martha

Very cool Martha. I see them Tues. in Oakland. I gonna be brave and try it without earplugs. WTF I'm already deaf anyway. :howefun

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #92 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:52pm
" Gary, did my devil ear pic come through on your cell?  Blink blink!

Even with ear plugs in all night we are now semi-deaf. "

Here y'go, Be'elzebub....

Funny !!!!!!

Great Shot of my Stonesian Queen

'kins !

IP Logged

Martha
Rocks Off Regular

The Blues
Reply #93 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 4:50pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:33pm:

xxoo,
Martha

Very cool Martha. I see them Tues. in Oakland. I gonna be brave and try it without earplugs. WTF I'm already deaf anyway. :howefun

Wear those ear plugs so you can hear darlin'.....I ain't jokin'. And have a GREAT TIME!!!!

xxoo,
Martha  Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #94 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 5:17pm
texile wrote on Nov 18th, 2008 at 8:47pm:
in rememberance of one of the greatest songs from the 60s...
from none other than the easybeats...
check out angus and malcolm's unusually tall big brother on lead guitar.
sublime....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8

hi tex - it's the short guy George Young .

you know it's funny I came to this thread thinking I would mention the easybeats but you beat me to it - great minds as they say  Wink

yes the easybeats rocked and they were my favourite band when I was a kid not least because they were australian  - tho as you may be aware they were all new comers - the Youngs were, of course, from scotland - and the tall guy harry vanda was dutch

they had some great songs

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uiVTDCuWZZk&feature=PlayList&p=2F212A1C54C0C705&pl...

I always thought the singer Stevie Wright, who was English, had one of the classic  rock and roll voices - right up there with mick and steve marriot.

Have you heard Evie by him - written by Vanda /Young  it's epic - (it's a pity there is no real video)

Part 1 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JMPmGbjW8mk

Part 2 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ktdC_rgUA

Part 3 http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=i08Y9Z959n8&feature=related

he ended up a sad case 'tho... a waning star after the band broke up he descended into petty crime and ill health on the back of a drug problem
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2008 at 5:18pm by stonedinaustralia »  

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #95 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 7:09pm
stoned aussie,
thanks for that clip,
i didn't anything about the easybeats exept firday on my mind,
but what a great fucking song! i love that clip, the lead singer had that impish vibe...
those guitars are fantastic and that lead riff is brilliant and impossible to play...
i don't why i thought it was the tall, blond guy - it makes no sense!

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #96 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 10:09pm
I saw AC/DC last night at the Tacoma Dome and all I can say is OH MY GOD, THEY ROCKED!!!!!!!! From the first song "Rock & Roll Train" to the closing "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" the show was nonstop energy Angus Young is insane, for the whole two hour plus show he never stopped moving. They sounded incredible. I saw them eight years ago in Sacramento and this show was just as good if not better.

AC/DC set list
Nov. 30, 2008
Tacoma Dome

Rock N' Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirt Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hell's Bells
Shoot to Thrill
War Machine
Anything Goes
You Shook Me All Night Long
TNT
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock

Encore:
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Opening act: The Answer

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #97 - Dec 1st, 2008 at 10:25pm
Gimme Shelter wrote on Dec 1st, 2008 at 10:09pm:
I saw AC/DC last night at the Tacoma Dome and all I can say is OH MY GOD, THEY ROCKED!!!!!!!! From the first song "Rock & Roll Train" to the closing "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)" the show was nonstop energy Angus Young is insane, for the whole two hour plus show he never stopped moving. They sounded incredible. I saw them eight years ago in Sacramento and this show was just as good if not better.

AC/DC set list
Nov. 30, 2008
Tacoma Dome

Rock N' Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirt Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hell's Bells
Shoot to Thrill
War Machine
Anything Goes
You Shook Me All Night Long
TNT
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock

Encore:
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

Opening act: The Answer

Glad to hear you saw a great show GS. Seems to be pretty unanimous so far. I got next. Tomorrow night in Oakland Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #98 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:08am
" Glad to hear you saw a great show GS. Seems to be pretty unanimous so far. I got next. Tomorrow night in Oakland "

Enjoy the show . I certainly hope it is as good as ' The Who ' concert you witnessed a few weeks ago at the Nokia .

Developing .........................

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #99 - Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:33am
Joey wrote on Dec 2nd, 2008 at 9:08am:
" Glad to hear you saw a great show GS. Seems to be pretty unanimous so far. I got next. Tomorrow night in Oakland "

Enjoy the show . I certainly hope it is as good as ' The Who ' concert you witnessed a few weeks ago at the Nokia .

Developing .........................

Very funny 'kins...I have a pretty good feeling that this will be BETTER than the Who...I mean I don't expect Brian Johnson's voice to sound pretty. What the fuck?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)