Autor Tema: A LA VENTA la Newsweek!!!  (Leído 1444 veces)

Desconectado rogerriffin

• On the way down to Mexico...
    • MSN Messenger - rogerriffin@rocksoff.org
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rocksoff.org/phpBB/images/avatars/114687131047325ed9ad589.jpg
    • Email
A LA VENTA la Newsweek!!!
« on: Agosto 07, 2005, 02:06:55 pm »
Hay que estar pendientes con la revista newsweek del 15 de agosto que trae un articulo de los stones con entrevistas...a la oficina me llega gratis!!!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
They're not exactly a boy band, but there's no denying the bad-boy appeal of the Rolling Stones. Now they're back—again—with a new CD and tour.

By Lorraine Ali
Newsweek
Aug. 15, 2005 issue - For a month now, the world's greatest rock- and-roll band has been holed up in this private school in Toronto—putting itself back together again for yet another tour—and it's made itself right at home in typical fashion. In the room Mick Jagger has appropriated, white curtains are pulled wide open for maximum sunlight, fluffy white rugs cover the floor and a humidifier blasts 24/7 to protect his 62-year-old voice from the arctic AC. In fact, he's shivering: like the other Stones, he has zero body fat. (He works out daily with a dance instructor—"not exactly a choreographer; he just helps me plot out my stage moves.") He's wearing loose white cotton pants, a pink, pin-striped dress shirt, black and red Adidas. He points to a full-length gray and white fur coat. "I was wearing that because it's so cold in here," he says, "but I thought I'd better take it off before you came in, or it could look a little... well, too much."

Keith Richards, meanwhile, has converted a classroom into a candlelit den, with blackout curtains, dozens of blood-red roses and a skull he uses for a candy dish. Cigarette smoke hangs in the air. "It's comfy, innit?" he says, gesturing around with a clawlike hand. Richards, 61, wears a tattered scarf around his head, and random charms—an eagle head, a cross, a Chinese coin—hanging from his matted quasi dreads. He says he has no idea what-all is in his hair: his kids and his friends like to decorate him while he's passed out. Richards has no trainer, no regimen, and plots out exactly nothing. "Mick has to get up in the morning with a plan," Richards says. "Who he's going to call, what he's going to eat, where he's going to go. Me, I wake up, praise the Lord, then make sure all the phones are turned off. If we were a mum-and-pop operation, then he'd be Mum."

This mum-and-pop operation called the Rolling Stones has been in business now for 43 years. Just three of the original five—Jagger, Richards and drummer Charlie Watts—are still running the shop; guitarist Brian Jones died in 1969 and bassist Bill Wyman retired in 1993. They haven't had a No. 1 album since "Tattoo You" in 1981. But while most of their peers have either died, dropped into obscurity or taken to limping periodically through sad "reunion" tours, the Stones remain one of the world's top concert attractions. Want a ticket for this year's tour, which kicks off in Boston on Aug. 21? Hurry, it's almost sold out. The question is, when they step onstage, do they still feel it? The answer is, why else would they bother? "I could see why some people may think we're phoning it in after all this time," says Richards. "But playing the music we do, and playing it with these guys, 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' can be a new song to me every night. I mean, we don't need to do it to feed our families. We don't need to do it to prove anything. And nobody wants to be the first one to get off a moving bus. You end up in the dust—'Uh, excuse me, where's my suitcase?' "

In recent years, the Stones' tours have gotten more praise than the new albums they write and record before hitting the road. Their last album, the double-CD "Forty Licks," was mostly repackaged material. "There's no harm in doing that occasionally," says Jagger, "but we didn't want to do it again so soon. You become like an oldies band." The Stones' latest, "A Bigger Bang," which comes out in early September, is a welcome throwback to their scrappy beginnings. This time all the songs are new—a raw, "Little Red Rooster"-style blues number, a couple of Richards's endearingly bedraggled ballads and the usual raunchy, swaggering club anthems. Jagger is clearly proud of it. "We put new stuff out because we still can," he says. "We have lots of it—it's not like we're just eking it out. Rock fans tend to be conservative. 'Ah, I much prefer "Brown Sugar".' Yeah, well, but listen to this, c—t."

Producer Don Was, says Jagger, "is always worried the songs won't sound like the Rolling Stones. I don't care if it sounds like them—us. It would be an achievement if it didn't." But "A Bigger Bang" is classic Stones all the way. It's their longest record in 33 years and is sequenced to sound like two sides of an old vinyl album. "The record company felt it was too long," says Jagger. "But I said, 'What's the favorite Rolling Stones album of all time?' 'Well, "Exile on Main Street".' 'There, you see? "Exile." And how long is that?' 'It's over an hour.' 'And the problem is?' 'Uh, nothing'."

Jagger and Richards say they worked together more closely on "A Bigger Bang" than they have in years, partly because Watts, the only other original Stone, was battling throat cancer. "We were sitting across the table looking at each other," says Richards, "like, 'You. Me. That's all there is.' It was all built on two acoustic guitars, and in such a sparse and stripped-down way that if you tried to elaborate on it later you'd lose the whole essence of it." The Stones' new music sounds more spontaneous than most of their recent efforts, and Jagger sounds angrier than he has in years. Since the band's last studio album, Jagger has ended his 23-year relationship with wife Jerry Hall, and was taken to court over an illegitimate child he fathered with a Brazilian model, which may explain such lyrics as "Oh no! Not you again, f—-ing up my life/It was bad the first time around/Better take my own advice." But the most searing moment, on a song called "Sweet Neo Con," isn't personal but political. "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of s—t." "It is direct," Jagger says with a laugh. "Keith said [he breaks into a dead-on Keith imitation], 'It's not really metaphorical.' I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S." Jagger smiles. "But I don't."

The tension between Jagger and Richards—primarily, but not exclusively, creative—has always been at the heart of the Stones. Jagger the arty, natty cosmopolitan, Richards the scruffy blues purist and regular guy; Jagger dancing and prancing, Richards standing there with a cigarette dangling. Over the years, they've quarreled and reconciled, recorded solo albums and reunited, and neither has really thrived without the other. "Many times we wanted to kill each other," Richards says now, "or at least cause some serious damage. But it's always about details, never about fundamentals. An album cover—'You can't do that!' It's quite silly, really. I've known the man since he was 4... and I was 3i [he gives a broad wink]. Our kids have all grown up around each other—the Jaggers and the Richardses. All of that has made us patriarchs." They can both remember when they were teenage amateurs, opening for the real patriarchs: Bo Diddley and Little Richard. "The only blue I knew was the school blazer I'd just shed," says Richards, in a well-rehearsed line. For all Jagger's strutting arrogance and Richards's world-weary decadence, they've hung on to a touch of that innocence. Each keeps the other honest: Richards is there to remind Jagger that he's a musician; Jagger is there to remind Richards that he's a star.

As usual, the Stones' new tour will feature grandiose spectacle that's at odds with their rock-club roots and their musical minimalism. It will have two stages, at least a truckload of props—including some mysterious papier-mache screaming heads that now sit on a table outside Jagger's dressing room—and seats for a few lucky fans that are built right into the stage set. And as usual, the type-A Jagger is all over everything. "What about concert T shirts?" he asks rhetorically, running his hands through his hair until it stands up like a fright wig. "The set? The stages? The videos, onstage and off? There's too much to do, and not enough hours in the day. And then there's the rehearsal. [He puts on a fake cruise-director smile.] 'Is everyone all right, then? Are we all happy?' Nannying."

And—as usual—Richards is sitting back and taking the long view. "It's that fascination with music that is still the core of the band," he says. "Charlie sits around and talks about this fantastic Coltrane solo. Thank God, it's the one thing that hasn't left us. You can get disillusioned with the state of the world, but the music's still OK." He takes another drag of his cigarette. "Maybe we're just a product of our time," he muses. "Would our band translate if we were just starting out now? I'd say we'd probably be able to make a living, but I'd keep the day job." For Jagger, this is the day job—at least until he gets onstage. "Sometimes you might feel 'Here we go again.' Feel a little cynical about it," he says. "But you get out there and it takes over." And here they go again.

© 2005 Newsweek, Inc.
Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Disculpen por la tardemia!
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

"Pon a los Stones para aterrizar mejor!" M-Clan

Desconectado honky jack dice

• Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #1 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 02:27:21 pm »
EXELENTE ARTICULO
GRACIAS POR PUBLICARLO
ahi arriba hay una guitarra,y se muere por que la toque KEITH RICHARDS toronto 99

pasaron 8 años,los extrañamos mucho,estan igual!!!!!!! MICK JAGGER buenos aires 06

Desconectado MrPleasant_duplicado

• MSN Messenger - fidelsjuarezg@hotmail.com
    • Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #2 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 04:05:36 pm »
Gracias Roger. Una cita de Keith:

"Mick tiene que levantarse en la mañana con un plan," dijo. "A quién va a llamar, qué va a comer, adónde irá. Yo, me levanto, alabo al Señor, después me aseguro de que todos los teléfonos estén apagados. Si fuéramos una operación mamá-papá, él sería Mamá."
"Nosotros somos de una raza especial, nunca nos hemos retirado."

Desconectado Marcelo Quatraro

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rollingmania.com
« Respuesta #3 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 07:08:53 pm »
El articulo es excelente para los que pueden leerlo en ingles, pero vuelvo a recordar que este Foro es EN ESPAÑOL.
Muchachos tengamos en cuenta este tema, hay amigos que no leen en ingles, es preferible poner un resumen en español y listo.

Desconectado Estela

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #4 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 07:32:03 pm »
En la misma página donde salió el artículo que menciona Roger, sobre la derecha, hay una especie de recorrido audiovisual por algunos hits de la banda empezando por Rough Justice (qué potente suena este tema) y finalizando en "Little Red Rooster".
No tiene nada adicional a lo que ya sabemos pero está lindo. Veánlo.
Es donde dice "Click here for an audio tour, etc."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8852125/site/newsweek/
Si tienes voz, tienes palabras, déjalas caer...

Desconectado Ignacio

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 09:06:07 pm »
Cita de: "Estela"
En la misma página donde salió el artículo que menciona Roger, sobre la derecha, hay una especie de recorrido audiovisual por algunos hits de la banda empezando por Rough Justice (qué potente suena este tema) y finalizando en "Little Red Rooster".
No tiene nada adicional a lo que ya sabemos pero está lindo. Veánlo.
Es donde dice "Click here for an audio tour, etc."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8852125/site/newsweek/

QUE BUENAS FOTOS VIENEN PEGANDO LOS STONES!!!!

"Man who lose a bad habit soon find another" (Keith Richards)

Desconectado Soldatti

• Ver Perfil
    • http://stonesinfo.20m.com
« Respuesta #6 on: Agosto 07, 2005, 09:17:41 pm »
Buen artículo y con buenas citas. Las fotos nuevas están muy buenas y la mayoría parecen sacadas en la casa de Mick. Ojalá que en el CD haya muchas fotos así.

Desconectado rogerriffin

• On the way down to Mexico...
    • MSN Messenger - rogerriffin@rocksoff.org
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rocksoff.org/phpBB/images/avatars/114687131047325ed9ad589.jpg
    • Email
« Respuesta #7 on: Agosto 11, 2005, 04:24:23 pm »
Ya Marcelito no te preocupes por el inglés ya esta  a la venta en español, la acabo de comprar, 7 pesos argentinos, 30 mexicanos, chile 1950, perú 12, españa 3, uruguay 90 y venezuela 4000, corran a conseguirla!!!

Marcelo, algún dia les pediarias a los Stones que cantasen en español? Todos poco a poco tenemos que ir agarrando la onda :D
Rock`n`Roll, Let`s Go!!!
Keith, Mèxico 1995.
Disculpen por la tardemia!
Mick, Monterrey 2006.

"Pon a los Stones para aterrizar mejor!" M-Clan

Desconectado MrPleasant_duplicado

• MSN Messenger - fidelsjuarezg@hotmail.com
    • Ver Perfil
    • Email
« Respuesta #8 on: Agosto 11, 2005, 04:37:33 pm »
Aquí está el artículo en español:

http://www.newsweekespanol.com.mx/articulos.php?id_sec=6&id_art=409

(Quité el comentario que estaba aquí, porque confundí el rollo de la Revista Newsweek por el de la Uncut. Y sí, estaba sobrio.)
"Nosotros somos de una raza especial, nunca nos hemos retirado."

Desconectado NIK JAGER

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - transitofm@yahoo.com
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #9 on: Agosto 11, 2005, 07:13:43 pm »
Por su parte, Keith Richards ha convertido una de las aulas en un cubil iluminado por velas, con docenas de rosas color rojo sangre y un cráneo que usa para poner caramelos. El humo de cigarro impregna el aire. “Es cómodo, ¿no?”, dice, haciendo ademanes felinos con sus manos. Richards, de 61 años, usa una andrajosa mascada alrededor de su cabeza, y varios amuletos —una cabeza de águila, una cruz, una moneda china— colgando de sus enmarañadas trenzas. Dice no tener idea de lo que son: a sus hijos y amigos les gusta decorarlo mientras él está inconsciente.

que grande keith  :)

Desconectado Cleik

• MSN Messenger - cleik@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kleicone@yahoo.com.mx
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #10 on: Agosto 12, 2005, 03:25:25 am »
Cita de: "NIK JAGER"
Dice no tener idea de lo que son: a sus hijos y amigos les gusta decorarlo mientras él está inconsciente. [/b]

que grande keith  :)

Para Eso aca tenemos la tipica frase

"No se DUerma Puto, El que se Duerme Pierde"

y no falta el que amanece pintado
desnudo
robado
con los zapatos amarrados
con olores raros en la boca
Amuletos en la cabeza
y un gran etc.

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Desconectado Marcelo Quatraro

• Administrator
    • Ver Perfil
    • http://www.rollingmania.com
« Respuesta #11 on: Agosto 12, 2005, 06:40:56 am »
Estimado Roggerito: Nunca le voy a pedir a los stones que canten en español, porque sería una falta de respeto de mi parte.

Y el dia que este frente a ellos le voy a hablar con mi ingles muy primitivo: Plis tu michú, tenkiu for the miusic ( :lol: )

Ademas como dice aca Mr. Pleasent  ya esta la traducción es español, por lo tanto esperabamos 3 o 4 dias e informabamos bien

Sabes que pasa Rogger yo pienso que hay fans que entran aca y leen
BANQUETE de Pordioseros, Foro Stones en español y ademas posiblemente no sepan nada de ingles y entonces se vean limitados en la información que le brindamos.

Cuando yo comence en 1998 con Midnight Rambler era para que haya páginas webs en español, porque en ingles hay millones y muyyy buenas, de la misma manera hay Foros, libro de visitas, etc, que tienen mucha mas información que nosotros y de las cuales nosotros tomamos información (un ejemplo fue lo de shiboodee el dia del show privado y no hablemos de las traducciones que me enviaba Gerardo para realizar la "Noticias Stones en español")

Prefiero que se traduzca y se haga un resumen de la nota en español y se envie un link hacia la nota en ingles propiamente como se hace habitualmente (en Midnight Rambler yo pongo más info, en inglés) y listo, porque es de esta manera como se informa

Rogger yo quiero que el Foro sea en español, puede que me equivoque reclamandoles, pero no quiero que se mezclen los temas porque si yo  quiero leer articulos en ingles entro en Rocks Off y listo, porque Rocks Off es el padre de nuestro Foro y por lo tanto debemos respetarlo.

Pero este FORO es en español del cual Gerardo es uno de los creadores y postea en español, no se porque no lo podemos hacer todos.....

saludos stones
(¿falta mucho para septiembre?)

Desconectado sandra

• Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #12 on: Agosto 12, 2005, 06:16:43 pm »
Estos articulos son lectura que dan placer celestial, lleva tu cabeza al desarrollo de la entrevista, al lugar, muchas gracias por colocarla en español, este articulo es de los mejores que he leido ultimamente, y una frase que me impacto fué:
RICHARDS LE RECUERDA A JAGGER QUE ES UN MUSICO, Y JAGGER LE RECUERDA A RICHARDS QUE ES UNA ESTRELLA, he ahi el encanto de estos talentosos músicos, el complemento ideal., y CHARLIE, como acostumbra, no necesita tanta palabreria para brillar, me imagino que es el que pone a jaggery richards, donde deben estar.
sandra stones foreverrrrr

• Visitante
« Respuesta #13 on: Agosto 12, 2005, 06:19:37 pm »
estan en la caratula los stones ?
de ese newsweek??

Desconectado NIK JAGER

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - transitofm@yahoo.com
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #14 on: Agosto 12, 2005, 06:24:57 pm »
alguien puede poner las caratulas ingles / castellano o los links