Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Keef on Howard Stern today (or tomorrow) (Read 1,535 times)
ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Keef on Howard Stern today (or tomorrow)
Reply #25 - Oct 13th, 2023 at 1:31am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 2:16am
Sober Keith looks and sounds great. A few interesting things.

He tells that Muddy Waters story as if others told the story about painting the ceiling because Muddy didn't make money. Wasn't that the story Keith used to tell? I think it was on 25x5 in fact and in some interviews.

He now considers Prince a genius but once called him a talentless midget. Obviously tastes change, but that is quite a change.

My favorite bit was his praise of Bill. God I wish he would rejoin the band before it's too late. Won't happen, but I wish it would.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 3:23am
I think he also told that story about Muddy Waters in his book, but not that part where he stepped off the ladder and shook his hand and thanked him for covering his songs, that was an interesting addition

Not only did he apparently make amends with Prince but also Elton John cause he said while they aren't close or anything like that, he admires what Elton does and says he likes his first record, he has come a long way from insulting him and throwing ketchup bottles at his hotel door lol xD

What I personally found most interesting was how disheartened and hurt Keith sounded when talking about that it kills him when he gives Mick a new song and Mick just discards it because it's not good enough and how it makes him feel like he failed at writing a good enough song and it's not Mick's fault but his own cause he just wants to write songs that Mick likes to sing...like...he just wants Mick's approval...and I really hope that Mick, now that he is basically telling every single interviewer in all those interviews how hard Keith worked and how Keith helps to improve his ideas and his guitar playing, that he also tells Keith that cause for a moment it made me wonder, man, does he ever tell Keith all that stuff cause Keith sounded like he really just needs to hear this from Mick, not via the press
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2023 at 3:24am by ronnie-woody »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #28 - Oct 14th, 2023 at 11:49am
Ian Billen wrote on Oct 12th, 2023 at 9:38am:
I did not hear the snippet of 'Tell Me Straight'. Is there a link to that part. I can't find it anywhere.

Anyone?

59:45 in the link posted above.  Very brief.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #29 - Oct 25th, 2023 at 2:15pm
Complete video of the interview is up on Sirius, haven't found anything I can embed...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)