Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Yesterday) 20 years ago Cirkus Krone 8th of June 2003 (Read 302 times)
christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
(Yesterday) 20 years ago Cirkus Krone 8th of June 2003
Jun 9th, 2023 at 10:30am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Today 20 years ago 8th of June 2003, my pinnacle concert week of all times with The Rolling Stones ended with the concert in Cirkus Krone Munich.

The Mother Of All Concerts

I was there for 3 Shows with Fan Asylum. What a week!! What a show!! 
Standing in front with no one in between Keith & Mick, Charlie  Cry, Ronnie and the others and me when the show started  8) Smiley. My best show ever. What a setlist, the hottest show I attended ever and a lot more. Mick said to Darryl Jones it was even hotter than the opener in Toronto 2002. Marvelous. The stage so low and we so close to the barrier. I could touch Mick. But it was not allowed was told to us. But I did anyway. He jumped back, I thought oh my, now they kick met out…. Later Mick self gave me a high five at the end  Smiley. You can hear me shout in the recording of Nearness Of You when Keith said something like: I lay something on you tonight you might not know. I called: I know! He said something like: Yeah some of you have looked (early). This is one of the two songs of Keith played and the live debut of this song, which is only taped on a few bootlegs of him. Some songs of the show are used by the Stones in official releases. Like I Can’t Turn You Loose. Which was very very great. At the end they started it over again. And when they ended the song and Mick walked back, Charlie played on, forcing Mick to come back. What a finale of this concert.
But also all the other songs not often played were so great to witness. And so good they didn’t played the inevitable Satisfaction  8) Grin. Nice they played Worried About You, Stray Cat Blues, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, Dance Pt. 1, That’s How Strong My Love Is, Goin’ To A Go-Go besides the “warhorses” (stupid word, but that’s what lots of people call them) Not to forget a great great performance of Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’. Mick playing harp on it, which he didn’t do all the time, like in 2022 were he didn’t. And Bobby Keyes playing sax and the others want him to stretch his solo even more, but he refused (with a smile  Smiley)

The only show thus far for me coming close to this one was the Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, Florida, November 21st of 2021 where I also stand in front of Mick & Keith and the others. Also a low stage and close to the barrier, but not as low and close as in Cirkus Krone. What setlist concerns, only Paradiso May 27th of 1995 was better for me. But that show I was sadly not in site of Paradiso, but only at the Museum Plein. But I’ve been to shows where I stood further more in the back and from the soundsystem….  Grin

I put in the link to the (professional) shot video below.

1.   Jumpin’ Jack Flash
2.   Tumbling Dice
3.   All Down The Line
4.   Sweet Virginia
5.   Worried About You
6.   Stray Cat Blues
7.   Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
8.   Dance Pt. 1
9.   That’s How Strong My Love Is
10. Goin’ To A Go-Go
11. The Nearness Of You
12. Before They Make Me Run
13. It’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll
14. Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Start Me Up
17. Brown Sugar
18. I Can’t Turn You Loose

Live debut for song 11.
Songs 7 (incomplete) and 18 released
on ‘Four Flicks’ DVD (Nov 2003)
Song 11 (incomplete) released on
'Rolling Stones Exclusive Fan Club
DVD’ (Aug 2005)

Among participants of the Great Munich Party:
Nori Shakakibara (without Facebook sadly   Cry Our last contact was in Honolulu, Hawaii 2006, she came by on her way to Japan from the concert the Stones played in Los Angeles instead of the suppoost Honolulu concert that same day  Angry Angry Angry This is the reason I didn’t went over the Atlantic or over the Great Pacific for many tears to come till 2019, because to much risk of rescheduling or canceling…. But I did try it again to go over the big Oceans to see concerts of the Stones, and what happenend???? Yes rescheduled and canceled concerts  Grin Grin Grin But still going, and a lot of fun and great concerts which did take place  Smiley.
Jay, Peter (Buddy), Beatrix (Trix), Gianfermo, Thomas, Jillian (DownHomeGirl or Child Of The Moon  8) without Facebook last contact by email November 2021) Jeff, Cyndy, Guido Minola, Angela, Bernd his friend Joseph, one Onno from the Netherlands, Theo Leussink and lots of others who I lost track of or forget here. Erich Schmid (without Facebook we have contact once in a while). Please fill me in on others if you know them. Or if I put one in by mistake.
What a great great week in that wonderful hotel. What a great concerts that week of The Rolling Stones  Smiley Smiley Grin Cheesy
04-06-2003 Olympia Halle, München
06-06-2003 Olympia Stadion, München
08-06-2003 Cirkus Krone, München (Best concert ever for me)

#CharlieIsToCoolForSocialMedia
#CharlieIsTooCoolForSocialMedia

Setlist info: https://rocksoff.org/2003-europe1.htm

The link to the professional filmed and soundboard, but as I know, not edited Youtube and as I remember it still to day 😀😀😀

https://youtu.be/F-_8pftN
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2023 at 10:43am by christijanus »  

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Re: (Yesterday) 20 years ago Cirkus Krone 8th of June 2003
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2023 at 10:36am
My wrong…. Can’t share photos
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2023 at 11:20am by christijanus »  

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2023 at 5:37pm
Great show... I remember... "Tree the fucker" so we tree-ed the fucker Cheesy Cool Shocked Smiley

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2023 at 7:03am

IP Logged

Phog
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Allen Fieldhouse
Reply #4 - Jun 10th, 2023 at 6:14pm
Killer.  I did the Fan Asylum package for Stockholm and had the time of my life.  Met a lot of great people from all over the world and saw three great shows.  Happy Anniversary to you.

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #5 - Jun 11th, 2023 at 5:07am
All 3 shows should be released

IP Logged

christijanus
Rocks Off Regular

Scrap that shit off my
shoes

The Netherlands
Reply #6 - Jun 11th, 2023 at 5:14am
Goo wrote on Jun 11th, 2023 at 5:07am:
All 3 shows should be released

At least the Cirkus Krone. The Stones have filmed and recorded. The YouTube link show it!

IP Logged

Goo
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2023 at 8:26pm
All club gigs should be released!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)