Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - CANCELLED!! (Read 1,398 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - CANCELLED!!
Jun 14th, 2022 at 7:21am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Concert confirmed today as postponed due to Mick having covid

https://twitter.com/RollingStones/status/1536619483917389825/photo/1

Milan will go ahead, it seems. So, they must be confident of Mick making a quick recovery.
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2022 at 8:19am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: Wankdorfstadion, Berne 17th June 2022 - POSTPONED
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2022 at 9:29am
No surprises here about Berne.
Milan, I hope it goes thru, though would not be surprised if it, too, gets axed.
My bout of covid involved a very bad sore throat and fatigue for 2 weeks afterwards.

Hope Mick does have an uneventful case.
Hope the rest of the crew and group are safe.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - POSTPONED!!
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2022 at 1:09am
really hope that Mick is gonna feel better asap and doesn't have too strong symptoms...but propably not, considering he did soundcheck and literally was on his way to the stadium to play the show...
Luckily they notified us yesterday about postponing Bern, so I had enough time left to cancel the hotel and train tickets, I even could cancel/postpone my day off on Friday and my project leader was happy that I "wanna" work :p

Read in a Swiss paper about the show being scheduled for late June maybe or early August...would prefer the latter seeing that we are in London til the 28th after Hyde Park, so if it was on the 29th it would be quite a crazy trip Shocked

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Re: SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - POSTPONED!!
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 6:45am
swiss papers are reporting that it doesn't look too well about the show and it might get cancelled cause they cannot find a new date due to football...it would be such a huge disappointment...fucking football, who cares about watching 22 guys run after a ball if they can watch the Stones play instead... Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 7:48am
Covid is a nightmare. More shows will be cancelled. I can't see him bouncing back as quickly as we'd all hope.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 8:09am
Yeah, covid sucks. I've changed my traveling plans to Milan for Sunday. I'm hoping it will take place or if not they'll announce it by tomorrow  Huh

FotiniD  
IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

They'll Never Make a Saint
of Me!

2000 light years from home
Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 8:30am
Steel Wheels wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 7:48am:
Covid is a nightmare. More shows will be cancelled. I can't see him bouncing back as quickly as we'd all hope.

Especially at his age and he's had heart surgery (though he did seem to recover from that pretty well). I hope he does bounce back but he may have long Covid if he wasn't vaccinated.

BDSM in Classic Rock thread

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 1:16pm
I can't imagine that he wouldnt be vaccinated - several times. Someone of Mick's age would have been eligible for three, possibly four, doses of the vaccine by now. 

Pretty hard to travel around several countries if you're not vaccinated and would also be extremely foolhardy if you're surrounded by a band, crew and security people for weeks on end.

I would also wager that any insurance company underwriting this tour wouldnt touch it with a bargepole if the people involved weren't vaccinated.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 1:23pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 6:45am:
swiss papers are reporting that it doesn't look too well about the show and it might get cancelled cause they cannot find a new date due to football...it would be such a huge disappointment...fucking football, who cares about watching 22 guys run after a ball if they can watch the Stones play instead... Lips Sealed

Just looking at the schedule for Young Boys (a great name for a team playing at a stadium called Wankdorf) and it seems they're hosting pre season friendlies on 28/6, 1/7 and 16/7 and 31/7 (all against other Swiss sides) plus a Europa Confderence League game on 28/7.  You'd like to think theres a little bit of flexibility with the friendlies or they could have the show after the final date of the tour in Stockholm.

... ... ...
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 3:28pm
as far as I understood from what I read is that these pre-season friendlies are not played in Bern and they are away in some training camp so the stadium would be available in the week between the Hyde Park shows...but apparently for some reason that is beyond my understanding the Stones didn't wanna play on the 29th (according to the papers) and I honestly don't get why, since it seems to be a good option seeing they don't use their own stage at Hyde Park anyway and it will be in Milan from where it could easily be transported back to Bern...

So if this show will be cancelled it's not only down to YB Bern but also the Stones' refusal to play on the 29th for whatever reason nobody seems to be able to explain...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2022 at 4:06pm
Gazza wrote on Jun 17th, 2022 at 1:16pm:
I can't imagine that he wouldnt be vaccinated - several times. Someone of Mick's age would have been eligible for three, possibly four, doses of the vaccine by now. 

Pretty hard to travel around several countries if you're not vaccinated and would also be extremely foolhardy if you're surrounded by a band, crew and security people for weeks on end.

I would also wager that any insurance company underwriting this tour wouldnt touch it with a bargepole if the people involved weren't vaccinated.

You're right. I'm 51 and I'm getting my 4th this coming Wednesday.

I just hope he gets better.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2022 at 10:56am by Freya Gin »  

"The best thing to be is bisexual, then you got a shot at everybody." -Rodney Dangerfield
Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 9:57am
do you think that no news is good or bad?  Undecided it's been 3 days now...and by this point I kinda don't even really care about Bern getting postponed or cancelled anymore...I just really wanna know that Mick is okay, I'm a bit worried tbh...but then on the other hand I guess if he was doing worse, they had postponed or cancelled Milan already as well, wouldn't they?

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 10:57am
I saw on FB that he's doing better.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 11:03am
Freya Gin wrote on Jun 18th, 2022 at 10:57am:
I saw on FB that he's doing better.

You mean that post he made on Wednesday? But I meant since then we heard nothing new at all...so I hope this is a good sign...well, tomorrow we will know whether they are flying to Milan...

IP Logged

FotiniD
Rocks Off Regular

ROCC & RO..ll...

Athens, Greece
Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 11:58am

I think this one's from yesterday

FotiniD  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #15 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 12:15pm
thanks, good to see him like that, he seems alright...well probably bored af being stuck in his hotel room quarantining but still

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 12:52pm
Yes, the post is from yesterday on his FB page.

ronnie-woody wrote on Jun 18th, 2022 at 12:15pm:
thanks, good to see him like that, he seems alright...well probably bored af being stuck in his hotel room quarantining but still

This is why it's good to be an introvert. As long as I have books, yarn or a computer, I wouldn't be bored.  Wink

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2022 at 6:32pm
I know that I'm speaking for the entire platoon when I say this tour should be postponed until this platoon is better rested.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Jun 19th, 2022 at 10:26am
According to some people over at IORR, the Stones plane has left Amsterdam for Milan! Those are good news, I'm so relieved that Mick is doing well enough to travel! Hopefully he will feel up to perform on Tuesday! Like even if they have to cut a song or two, or have Keith sing 3 songs...do you think this might affect the setlist? Maybe they might bring back an acoustic set like in 2019 and play Dead Flowers or so, cause then Mick can just stand there and doesn't have to run around in case if he still didn't feel up to 100%...

IP Logged

Freya Gin
Rocks Off Regular

of Me!

Reply #19 - Jun 19th, 2022 at 1:14pm
ronnie-woody wrote on Jun 19th, 2022 at 10:26am:
According to some people over at IORR, the Stones plane has left Amsterdam for Milan! Those are good news, I'm so relieved that Mick is doing well enough to travel! Hopefully he will feel up to perform on Tuesday! Like even if they have to cut a song or two, or have Keith sing 3 songs...do you think this might affect the setlist? Maybe they might bring back an acoustic set like in 2019 and play Dead Flowers or so, cause then Mick can just stand there and doesn't have to run around in case if he still didn't feel up to 100%...

Those are good ideas. Keith can sing a few songs; Happy is a long-time fave for Stones fans. Mick can play too if they want to try something instrumental. I fear that it's too soon and he's liable to find out if he tries to push it. Some Guy is right, Mick should rest before doing another concert.

Gin Shutters  
IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2022 at 1:45am
Freya Gin wrote on Jun 19th, 2022 at 1:14pm:
ronnie-woody wrote on Jun 19th, 2022 at 10:26am:

Those are good ideas. Keith can sing a few songs; Happy is a long-time fave for Stones fans. Mick can play too if they want to try something instrumental. I fear that it's too soon and he's liable to find out if he tries to push it. Some Guy is right, Mick should rest before doing another concert.

I'm sure that Mick's doctor would tell him whether it was totally impossible or even dangerous for him to play tomorrow, at least I do hope so, since I kinda figure that Mick being over-eager and probably gutted about having had to cancel/postpone shows, might be extra motivated not to call off another concert...so if they can go through with this, I hope at least he won't overdo himself and take a step back, playing some slower songs...literally nobody would mind, I bet most of the audience even would be thrilled to hear Sweet Virginia or so....

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Jun 20th, 2022 at 4:07am
So Bern unfortunately has been cancelled now...sad news, I'm feeling so sorry for all those who only had tickets for this one show, what a disappointment :/

At least the Stones IG account confirmed in their comments that Mick is doing great and is looking forward to the show tomorrow!! Really relieved to hear that Smiley

meanwhile I bought the last Golden Circle ticket for Paris last week as I already was fearing that Bern might be called off, so at least that's a great substitution  Grin

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Re: SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - CANCELLED!!
Reply #22 - Jun 20th, 2022 at 9:07am
Not surprised at all about this.
I understand that the football schedules as well as other
activities were making this a difficult one to reschedule.
Too bad for those fans.

IP Logged

ronnie-woody
Rocks Off Regular

Re: SIXTY European Tour - Show #5, Wankdorfstadion - Berne 17th June 2022 - CANCELLED!!
Reply #23 - Jun 20th, 2022 at 9:35am
Tbh I was still hoping for them to find a solution, maybe another stadium or so, so this cancellation totally sucks, but seeing as I got other shows to attend, for me personally it's only a bit of a bummer, though for those who just had tickets for this one show and cannot make it to another, it's honestly heartbreaking considering this could be their last tour :/

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #24 - Jun 20th, 2022 at 2:46pm
Unfortunately, this is why I stopped going overseas to see the Stones after 2014. As they get older the likelihood of cancellations and postponements increase. Saying that, covid can hit anyone regardless of age.

Disappointing and a bit surprising that they couldnt reschedule this as the football season doesnt really start properly for weeks yet.  It may not solely have been down to stadium availability but the logistics of getting the stage there at the date in question and arranging hotel accommodation for the entire crew.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)