Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 276
Send Topic Print
The nonsense thread - Enter at your own risk! Warning… 100% off topic and full of nonsense inside (Read 899,366 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3525 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 9:17pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Some Guy wrote on Aug 20th, 2018 at 10:18am:
Mar a Lago or Brazen Head Pub?

*******************   "  SIGH !!!!!  "   ********************* :

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:58am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Politics thread (ssc!!) - Enter at your own risk! Warning… Probable bullcrap inside
Reply #3526 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 9:26pm

<   ----------------   IS THAT BARBI BENTON    ?!  .... !!!!!!   :

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

... [/quote]
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2018 at 1:22pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3527 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 6:56am
I can't keep up with all the changing stories. His campaign chairman is now a felon. His personal attorney is now a felon and he is an unindicted co-conspirator. He's just president of his supporters not the rest of the country.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2018 at 7:14am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #3528 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:42am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3529 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:46pm

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:48pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3530 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:51pm

<  ------------- I SWEAR that is Barbi BENTON   ?!  . !!!!   :

|
|
|
|
V

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 2:45pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3531 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 8:53pm

« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:56am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3532 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 9:14pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 7:12am:
simmer down Joey.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #3533 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:28am
Joey, did you see that President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, woke Attorney General Jeff Sessions from his nap this morning?  I had such hopes for Jeff.  But he doesn't seem to have much situational awareness.  Who would be the right AG for the job??  Larry Klayman?

IP Logged

Joey.
I Have No Life!

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Omaha, NE
Reply #3534 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 8:43am
nankerphelge wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 7:28am:
Joey, did you see that President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, woke Attorney General Jeff Sessions from his nap this morning?  I had such hopes for Jeff.  But he doesn't seem to have much situational awareness.  Who would be the right AG for the job??  Larry Klayman? 

<  --------------   Nanky  ,   It is GOOD to be THE KING !!!!!!   :

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3535 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:21am
be sure you got your bug out bag ready...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3536 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:22am

<  ------------------     Now THAT up above was  a FAKE JOEY !!!!!!  ( What is up with that FEMALE Gender Sign ?!  ) .......  Here is the REAL JOEY !!!!!!  :

https://www.omaha.com/opinion/hugh-hewitt-impeachment-don-t-hold-your-breath/art...

" Hugh Hewitt: Impeachment? Don't hold your breath . "

“Underpromise. Overdeliver.” That has been my advice to every young lawyer and journalist I’ve mentored over a 35-year legal career and a 28-year broadcasting career. It has never failed as advice, though many have failed to heed it.

With that in mind, some advice for commentators about the Paul Manafort conviction and the Michael Cohen guilty plea: They tell us a lot. They do not, however, tell us whether the president is going to be impeached. He might be impeached. In fact, a Democrat-controlled Congress in 2019 would almost certainly introduce, vote on and likely pass articles of impeachment based on the Cohen plea and other theories of various interpretations of the emoluments clause.

But we aren’t close to President Donald Trump’s removal from office or his resignation. It still looks as though the Republican Party is going to pick up seats in the Senate and may even hold the House.

We aren’t even in shouting range of “collusion and conspiracy” with Russia, in fact, though lots of pundits like to shout about It. Three Republican senators on the Intelligence Committee — Chairman Richard Burr of North Carolina, Tom Cotton of Arkansas and James Lankford of Oklahoma — have told the Associated Press, in Burr’s case, and me in the case of Cotton and Lankford, that they had not seen any factual evidence presented to the committee of collusion or conspiracy by the president or his 2016 campaign.

Flat-out rejections from three members of the committee of the overarching charge behind the special counsel’s appointment is a good indication that removal from office because of collusion with Russia isn’t in the cards for the president.

And none of this has any impact on Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination, no matter how much the president’s opponents wish otherwise. I don’t want to overpromise, but it still seems likely Judge Kavanaugh will be Justice Kavanaugh come the first Monday in October.

Now Special Counsel Robert Mueller is the master of underpromising. In fact, he hasn’t promised a thing. So it is possible he has plenty of evidence of collusion and conspiracy that hasn’t been shared with the Senate Intelligence Committee. Possible, but unlikely. It is possible that new and as yet undeveloped theories of impeachment will emerge — say, financial crimes involving the president’s development empire. But nothing to see there, yet. There’s been some speculation, but that’s not the stuff of impeachment.

Impeachments come in cases the public easily grasps, if not in complete detail, then with complete conviction: President Richard M. Nixon abused his power. President Bill Clinton lied about Monica Lewinsky. If you can’t state the premise in a simple sentence, you aren’t going to move the one key congressional committee, much less both chambers of Congress.

We do have, right now, two admitted/convicted felons in Cohen and Manafort who are both in a position to grievously wound the president politically. They might. They could flip — Cohen already seems to have done so — and tell many tales. All will come out eventually.

But anyone who says, “This means impeachment!” is either lying or looking for ratings. There’s a lot of the latter going around. The special counsel doesn’t care about ratings. The Republican Party doesn’t, either. It shouldn’t promise exoneration of the president, but neither should it be afraid to point out there are two investigations underway here: one into the president’s campaign to win the office in 2016, and one into whether some senior officials in the FBI and Justice Department made efforts to make sure he didn’t win. Both matter. And neither is close to being finished.

Cable news is entertainment. And pictures of Manafort and Cohen, even pictures of Stormy Daniels, aren’t that entertaining beyond those already addicted to one of the two story lines. Beyond the sliver of Americans that watch cable news at night (whether of the left or right variety), fantasies about impeaching Trump elicit a vast, giant “Huh?”

So, no, the world didn’t change Tuesday with the Cohen plea and the Manafort verdict. Twitter shook. But it will shake again today with something else. And tomorrow with another thing. When Mueller sends a subpoena to the White House, that’s when it gets interesting.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:43am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3537 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:21am
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:28am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3538 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:52am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:21am:
how exactly will Joey and Edith revolt?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3539 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 12:01pm
Swamp the drain.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:45am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3540 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 1:26pm
I found your dog, SG:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3541 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:24pm
You thought this week was nutty? Expect a huge dose of Free-dumb next week!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3542 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:29pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
You thought this week was nutty? Expect a huge dose of Free-dumb next week!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3543 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 4:33pm

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:44am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3544 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 1:48pm

<  -------------- Some Guy  ?!  ... !!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/news/military/kelly-john-mccain-to-be-buried-at-u-s-naval/...

" Kelly: John McCain to be buried at U.S. Naval Academy cemetery next to longtime friend from Omaha "

" At the U.S. Naval Academy, John McCain and his Omaha buddy Chuck Larson were academic opposites — but they became lifelong friends and now will lie side by side.

In his final book, “The Restless Wave,” the legendary U.S. senator and former prisoner of war who died Saturday of brain cancer wrote touchingly of their joint final resting place. It’s at the U.S. Naval Academy cemetery along the Severn River in Annapolis, Maryland.

After enjoying a last look at the beauty around his home in Sedona, Arizona, McCain wrote, he would “take my leave, bound for a place near my old friend Chuck Larson on the Severn — back where it began.”

Retired four-star Adm. Charles R. Larson, a graduate of Omaha North High School who twice served as superintendent of the Naval Academy, died of leukemia at age 77 in 2014. McCain attended the funeral.

They first met as plebes in their freshman year at Annapolis and became roommates and, McCain often said, “the closest of friends.” At graduation in 1958, they couldn’t know what lay ahead.

“They both had storied careers of public service,” said Omaha City Councilman Pete Festersen, a nephew of Larson. “They had a very special connection that lasted a lifetime.”

In 1998, at a change-of-command ceremony when Larson retired as academy superintendent, McCain told the audience that they had graduated as Navy ensigns exactly 40 years earlier to the day.

“As brigade commander and president of our class,” McCain said, “Chuck was marked for greatness.”

As a top student, Larson received his diploma and a handshake from President Dwight Eisenhower. McCain graduated fifth from the bottom of the class.

McCain and Larson earned aviator wings by 1960, but Larson soon went into the submarine service. By 1969, the Omahan was serving as naval aide to President Richard Nixon.

By that time, McCain quipped, “I was on extended leave in Southeast Asia, having accomplished no greater feat than intercepting a surface-to-air missile with my airplane.”

McCain, the son and grandson of Navy admirals, spent 5½ years as America’s most famous prisoner of war. He was released with others in 1973.

Larson, at 43, became the second-youngest admiral in the history of the Navy. He later became commander in chief of all U.S. forces in the Pacific, the largest unified military command in the world.

Festersen — whose mother, Sigrid Festersen of Omaha, was the admiral’s sister — said he first met McCain at the 1998 retirement ceremony, two years before his first try at the presidency.

A Democrat, the Omaha councilman said he respected Republican McCain for many reasons, including his willingness to work with those across the political aisle.

“I was honored to have met him,” Festersen said. “He spoke his mind, and he always put country first. Sen. McCain was a national hero.”

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #3545 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Joey wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 1:48pm:
<  -------------- Some Guy  ?!  ... !!!!   :

https://www.omaha.com/news/military/kelly-john-mccain-to-be-buried-at-u-s-naval/...

" Kelly: John McCain to be buried at U.S. Naval Academy cemetery next to longtime friend from Omaha "

" At the U.S. Naval Academy, John McCain and his Omaha buddy Chuck Larson were academic opposites — but they became lifelong friends and now will lie side by side.

In his final book, “The Restless Wave,” the legendary U.S. senator and former prisoner of war who died Saturday of brain cancer wrote touchingly of their joint final resting place. It’s at the U.S. Naval Academy cemetery along the Severn River in Annapolis, Maryland.

After enjoying a last look at the beauty around his home in Sedona, Arizona, McCain wrote, he would “take my leave, bound for a place near my old friend Chuck Larson on the Severn — back where it began.”

Retired four-star Adm. Charles R. Larson, a graduate of Omaha North High School who twice served as superintendent of the Naval Academy, died of leukemia at age 77 in 2014. McCain attended the funeral.

They first met as plebes in their freshman year at Annapolis and became roommates and, McCain often said, “the closest of friends.” At graduation in 1958, they couldn’t know what lay ahead.

“They both had storied careers of public service,” said Omaha City Councilman Pete Festersen, a nephew of Larson. “They had a very special connection that lasted a lifetime.”

In 1998, at a change-of-command ceremony when Larson retired as academy superintendent, McCain told the audience that they had graduated as Navy ensigns exactly 40 years earlier to the day.

“As brigade commander and president of our class,” McCain said, “Chuck was marked for greatness.”

As a top student, Larson received his diploma and a handshake from President Dwight Eisenhower. McCain graduated fifth from the bottom of the class.

McCain and Larson earned aviator wings by 1960, but Larson soon went into the submarine service. By 1969, the Omahan was serving as naval aide to President Richard Nixon.

By that time, McCain quipped, “I was on extended leave in Southeast Asia, having accomplished no greater feat than intercepting a surface-to-air missile with my airplane.”

McCain, the son and grandson of Navy admirals, spent 5½ years as America’s most famous prisoner of war. He was released with others in 1973.

Larson, at 43, became the second-youngest admiral in the history of the Navy. He later became commander in chief of all U.S. forces in the Pacific, the largest unified military command in the world.

Festersen — whose mother, Sigrid Festersen of Omaha, was the admiral’s sister — said he first met McCain at the 1998 retirement ceremony, two years before his first try at the presidency.

A Democrat, the Omaha councilman said he respected Republican McCain for many reasons, including his willingness to work with those across the political aisle.

“I was honored to have met him,” Festersen said. “He spoke his mind, and he always put country first. Sen. McCain was a national hero.”

Meanwhile The Orange Cheeto has the flag raised after only a few hours lowered. Stay classy you piece of shit.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3546 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:38pm
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2018 at 4:23pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #3547 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 2:39pm
“My fellow Americans, whom I have gratefully served for sixty years, and especially my fellow Arizonans,

“Thank you for the privilege of serving you and for the rewarding life that service in uniform and in public office has allowed me to lead. I have tried to serve our country honorably. I have made mistakes, but I hope my love for America will be weighed favorably against them.

“I have often observed that I am the luckiest person on earth. I feel that way even now as I prepare for the end of my life. I have loved my life, all of it. I have had experiences, adventures and friendships enough for ten satisfying lives, and I am so thankful. Like most people, I have regrets. But I would not trade a day of my life, in good or bad times, for the best day of anyone else’s.

“I owe that satisfaction to the love of my family. No man ever had a more loving wife or children he was prouder of than I am of mine. And I owe it to America. To be connected to America’s causes – liberty, equal justice, respect for the dignity of all people – brings happiness more sublime than life’s fleeting pleasures. Our identities and sense of worth are not circumscribed but enlarged by serving good causes bigger than ourselves.

“‘Fellow Americans’ – that association has meant more to me than any other. I lived and died a proud American. We are citizens of the world’s greatest republic, a nation of ideals, not blood and soil. We are blessed and are a blessing to humanity when we uphold and advance those ideals at home and in the world. We have helped liberate more people from tyranny and poverty than ever before in history. We have acquired great wealth and power in the process.

“We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all the corners of the globe. We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals, rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been.

“We are three-hundred-and-twenty-five million opinionated, vociferous individuals. We argue and compete and sometimes even vilify each other in our raucous public debates. But we have always had so much more in common with each other than in disagreement. If only we remember that and give each other the benefit of the presumption that we all love our country we will get through these challenging times. We will come through them stronger than before. We always do.

“Ten years ago, I had the privilege to concede defeat in the election for president. I want to end my farewell to you with the heartfelt faith in Americans that I felt so powerfully that evening.
I feel it powerfully still.

“Do not despair of our present difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.

“Farewell, fellow Americans. God bless you, and God bless America.”

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #3548 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 3:45pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3549 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 4:08pm

< ---------- IT IS FRIDAY NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

.................. and you all know what THAT means !!!!!!!!!    ...... THAT IS RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  TIME FOR ANOTHER EPISODE OF    .............. WAIT FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

|
|
|
V

**************  " DRINKING WITH Xi !!!!!  "  ***************   :

Hello Me Stonesian Brothers and Sisters   ……………..

It was another warm Midwestern Summer Evening    ---- humid , moist muggy air , south wind blowin’ , gigantic maple and ash trees swayin’ , sap drippin’
Guinness flowin’ , etc .  ----  The Brazen Head is located in the middle of a West End Midtown Section Strip Mall anchored by two High – End Clothing Stores .
In the back of this mall is a frontage road boarded by a heavily forested and VERY steep ravine with a tiny creek bustling at the bottom  .  Besides the plenty of Employee
/ VIP Parking is the nondescript  , substantial Brazen Head Outdoor Patio Deck complete with a band stage and even a distinct  Private Room / VIP Area  .
As I approached the Establishment I could see in the distance Emperor Xi’s Motorcade lined up along the ravine rail just off the back patio expanse  ---- the fact that Xi
and Company had arrived early was NOT a good sign . Shiver ………….   I entered the Brazen Head promptly at 9:30 PM ; CDT and Bar Manager Christy motioned
that everyone was sitting outside on the veranda  . I quickly downed a shot of GM ( Grand Marnier ) and joined Emperor Xi at his table . He had a discerning look
on his face .
     Emperor Xi wanted to know the extent and seriousness of the Muller Investigation ?  I said that it is reminiscent of Iran Contra and / or Monica Lewinski .
He stated , “  What does THAT mean ?  “   I remarked  , “  it all depends upon the economy .  “   I went on to explain how nobody gave a damn about Watergate until
the October 1973 Arab Oil Embargo    ---  gas prices skyrocketed  , the stock market went into free fall , the United States went into a recession , there were gas lines
and The American People took out their frustrations on Richard Nixon . On the flip side we had the strong economies of the mid to late 1980’s and mid to late 1990’s  --
the American Public was willing to insulate their President(s) . I stated that the current robust economy should shelter President Trump and prevent the opposition
party from damaging his agenda . With that Emperor Xi sat back in his chair , lit up an intense smile -- its vibrancy reminiscent  of Hong Kong’s ‘ Symphony of Lights ‘ 
and promptly motioned for two rounds of Car Bombs and a continuous  , ceaseless , limitless , incessant , eternal flow of Guinness Pints .

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   " 

« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2018 at 4:41pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 276
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)