Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Cuba??? ===> March 25, 2016! (Read 36,562 times)
Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

The Rocks Off Ladies Rule
You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Cuba??? ===> March 25, 2016!
Jan 8th, 2016 at 10:33pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
A Friend saw this and sent it to me... This is such a bullshit scam...as there is no show announced at this time from Camp RS

https://www.culturalcontrast.org/package/rollingstones/

this claims the concert will be March 20, 2016

TRIP PRICE: $2,999/PERSON (+$500 SINGLE OCCUPANCY) (FINAL PRICING AND ITINERARY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS AND HOTEL AVAILABILITY) The Rolling Stones concert is subject to final approval by The Cuban government and in the case of trip cancellation, all deposits will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee.
Your VIP trip includes:

• A COMPLETE VIP TRIP TO CUBA TO SEE THE ROLLING STONES IN HAVANA!!!

• 4 days/3 nights in Havana, Cuba on the itinerary as described below.

• Round trip airfare via chartered commercial airline – Tampa–Havana–Tampa

• Hotel accommodations at a premium hotel in Cuba (hotel selection subject to availability)

• Basic Gratuities are included  Basic gratuities are included for your expert guide and driver, as well as server tips at all included meals. Even tips for luggage porters at your Cuban hotels are included. If you feel you received superior service, it is customary to provide a supplemental gratuity to your Cuban guide & driver. Recommendations will be included in your pre-trip briefing after you register for this incredible trip.

• Included meals: (B,L,D): 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. You will experience some of the best cuisine in Cuba. Some special dietary needs can be accommodated. Call for information.

• Ground transportation within Cuba will be provided on a luxury coach with a professional driver.

• Your group will have an experienced, English speaking professional guide who is knowledgeable on Cuban history, politics, education, medical system, arts, economics and more.  Your Guide and your Tour Leader are experts in all things ‘Cuba,’ and will be there to assist and help with every aspect of your trip. They can even help you plan you free time activities!

• Admission fees to the important cultural and historic sites as noted on the itinerary – including the Rolling Stones concert!

• Limited Medical insurance while in Cuba (this does not cover preexisting conditions).

• All US airport and Cuba airline and airport taxes

• Cuban visa fee (if Cuban born, additional fees apply). We handle all of the paperwork and visa application process for all of our clients.

• US Treasury licensing – all legal documents and licensing is taken care of by our company.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:06am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: Cuba???
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 9:43am
Well we now know Ticketmaster has opened up in Cuba.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 9:45am
Cool.  I'll see you guys there.  We are going to get loaded!

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 9:47am
$3,000 for three nights in a country where the average income is about $25 a month.

And the name of the company is 'Cultural Contrast'.

If travel firms did irony....

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 10:12am
Gazza wrote on Jan 17th, 2016 at 9:47am:
$3,000 for three nights in a country where the average income is about $25 a month.

And the name of the company is 'Cultural Contrast'.

If travel firms did irony....

So true Gazza,,,every time I have gone to visit...I am pretty hard pressed to spend even $75/day...for EVERYTHING...maybe a hundred a day if you go to the Apartheid areas like Valadero and such...and believe me...the class system is alive and well in those areas...the residential homes (inside and out) are vastly different than those of the rest of the island...flat screen TV...artwork...fine furniture...no former Soviet jerry-rigged items to be found...

The real contrast is the wonderful people...the culture...the " party tonight, for tomorrow we may die" attitude...I still do not understand how a concert there would work...of if tickets would even be sold to foreigners...unless its either "show your papers or show a ticket".

Either way...I would love to see the suckers who are paying for this now only to maybe be told later..." read the fine print...ain't no show.." but we have this wonderful tour of a cigar factory instead...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:01am
I don't know if Cuba was already official announced, but a friend of mine who works for a container shipowner, advised that they are shipping several containers from rotterdam to havana for the RS

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:13am
Egon wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:01am:
I don't know if Cuba was already official announced, but a friend of mine who works for a container shipowner, advised that they are shipping several containers from rotterdam to havana for the RS

Let the rumors begin!!

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:30am
The containers being shipped is definitely not a rumour, neither that they are for the stones.

what they contain however, remains a mystery.

My guess is horses...., warhorses.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:59am
Yes, warhorses LOL, I received a couple of e-mails last Tuesday and Wednesday telling me that Cuba is definitively included in the tour, just posted in the message board in Spanish as this rumor has been circulated for months but now it seems is true

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:25am
It's my understanding that - as originally speculated on here some time ago - the Havana concert will be a free show (a la Copacabana 2006)

I hope the suckers who paid $3,000 for their 'cultural contrast' concert experience have packed plenty of lube!
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:27am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #10 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 10:12am
Gazza wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 8:25am:
It's my understanding that - as originally speculated on here some time ago - the Havana concert will be a free show (a la Copacabana 2006)

I hope the suckers who paid $3,000 for their 'cultural contrast' concert experience have packed plenty of lube!

Gazza. Future ambassador to Cuba.  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya? Brian's smile Blank Frigging Stare

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

job
Rocks Off Regular

The last of the hard core
troubadours.

Orange County, California
Reply #11 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 3:34pm
It's a Cuban crime of passion...messy and old fashioned.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #12 - Feb 13th, 2016 at 5:34pm
I think neither Cuba Nor República Dominicana are going; it's almost a month and no news at all

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:09am
The containers Voodoo, remember the containers...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:08pm
Yes I remember your post about the containers being sent from The Netherlands but no news about a show that it's in a month??

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:18pm
Egon wrote on Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:09am:
The containers Voodoo, remember the containers...
Perhaps a departure date and or arrival date to / from ports may give a hint...

Granma has not reported anything on this since September...with negotiations pending in September.

http://en.granma.cu/mundo/2015-09-18/the-rolling-stones-to-play-in-havana
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2016 at 9:23pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2016 at 9:21am
CMA CGM Fort ST Georges ETA Kingston 20/2.
t/s on Cuba shuttle ETS KIN 20/2 ETA Cuba 23/2

direct from the source Smiley

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #17 - Feb 20th, 2016 at 4:40pm
Any idea what the Jamaica-Cuba shuttle's name is? CMA CMG's website is updating and I've enjoyed tracking the Fort St. Georges across the Atlantic.

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #18 - Feb 21st, 2016 at 7:54am

Moored next to the Fort St. Georges is CMA CGM's Jamaica-Cuba shuttle ship, Max Champion. The Max Champion should be departing for Mariel, Cuba (Havana's shipping port) on the 23rd, arriving on the 26th with the Rolling Stones containers.

The Max Champion's shipping schedule:

http://tinyurl.com/z3hxv4c
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2016 at 7:55am by GlimmerGirl24 »  

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #19 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:42am
yes, your info is correct Smiley

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #20 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:13pm
We have equipment arriving in Cuba in a couple of days, most likely stuff to beef up the electrical system for the requirements of a Stones concert and some hard to find things in Cuba like fork lifts, cranes, paper clips, Solo cups.

We know in September that the Stones were negotiating a contract for a concert in Cuba.

We know Jagger pops up in Cuba the first week of October. That same week, a guy named Bill Bakula of Bart Enterprises is in Havana and signs a contract with the Institute of Cuban Music to bring major and minor acts to Cuba for concerts which will include local Cuban acts in the concert events. A cultural exchange contract for a Stones concert.

You're all wondering who Bakula is. My research indicates he probably came into the Stones sphere in the late 1980's - probably hanging out with Ronnie at Woody's on the Beach in Miami. At the time, he owned a concert promotion company and locally promoted a Stones concert - either Steel Wheels or Voodoo Lounge. He went on to make a fortune from infomercials (remember the Topsy Turvy?) and Latin American prepaid phone cards. By the mid-90's he was in the Clinton camp as head of the finance committee for the Democratic National Party - honored at Clinton's 50th birthday party at Radio City Hall.

Steve Bing is also chummy with Clinton - he gave upwards of $25 million to the Clinton Foundation and most likely was a contributor to the DNC when Bakula was heading the finance committee. In Vegas over Thanksgiving, 2002 - Bing and a few friends (maybe Bakula) talked Jagger into giving a free concert at the Staples Center in February, 2003 which promoted Bing's favorite cause, the environment.  Bing paid the Stones' fee, picked up the cost of the concert and had Clinton introduce the Stones. A few years later he produced and financed Scorsese's Shine A Light - the first night of filming at the Beacon Theatre had a large block of tickets going to Clinton Foundation contributors. A few years ago he financed a trip to Cuba for himself, James Caan, Bill Murray and Robert Duvall to do research. Currently, Hollywood is tripping all over it self to get into Havana and start filming while Bing's company Shangri-la Entertainment is looking for investors for Magic City, a film that is to star Murray and be based on the Cuban mafia.

The ink has been dry on the contract since October. If sponsor money has dropped out, Bing has the cash to make the concert happen and has the incentive to fly a plane full of potential movie investors to Havana for a Rolling Stones concert. Unless of course Bing and Jagger had a falling out. If they haven't - why hasn't an announcement been made?

The only thing I can think of is the not so great publicity when fans outside of Cuba discover they can't buy, beg or steal a ticket outside of Cuba. With the US Embargo it makes it messy selling or giving tickets to US citizens. It might make sense to announce the concert a week before - cutting out expectation that tickets will be available via the Internet.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:25pm by GlimmerGirl24 »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #21 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:00pm

<  ----- Is this currently trending ?

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #22 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 4:17pm
Joey wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 3:00pm:
<  ----- Is this currently trending ?

Joey- fyi-

Trending Now

1 Camille Cosby
    2 Robert Kardashian
    3 Erin Andrews
    4 Hayley Williams
    5 Oculus VR
    6 BMW M Series
    7 Olsen Twins
    8 Disney World
    9 Heart disease
    10 Tori Kelly

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #23 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 5:27pm

The Max Champion has left port and is underway to Cuba, it should dock at Mariel Harbor (Havana's shipping port) on the 25th.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #24 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:32pm

<  ---- So are we talkin' Stones' in Cuba ?! ... BEST STONES YET !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #25 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 9:46pm
GlimmerGirl24 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 1:13pm:
With the US Embargo it makes it messy selling or giving tickets to US citizens. It might make sense to announce the concert a week before - cutting out expectation that tickets will be available via the Internet.

The embargo is one way...US>Cuba...and that does not apply to people...only commerce, theoretically...as many US companies sell their products there...Coke...Ronzoni...DelMonte...and a few others I recall seeing on the shelves...and dont forget, American Airlines has been flying there about 6 times a week for the last 40 years.

If you fly through Mexico and stay in Mexico for less than 24 hrs, you dont have to pay Mexican departure taxes!! I think the Caymans have the same rule...I cant recall.

You can no longer spend US Dollars there as Cuba  has removed the dollar as one of its official currencies, they still have 3 currencies...the Cuban Peso...the Convertable Peso and the Euro. American cc cards dont work (You can get a prepaid Canadian CC card with RBC)

If this concert happens...it will be like this:

The upper class (yes, there is an upper class in Cuba) will get the best seats...Cuban nationals in the rest of the stadium and foreigners corralled in 2 sections, as the appartied is still alive and well in Cuba and downright shameful. I predict the show will be free for Cuban nationals and others will be charged by the state...how much? Who knows?!?

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #26 - Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:48pm
American Airlines has been flying charters under the exceptions that permit US citizens to visit Cuba. If an American meets one of the dozen, in the past they could legally purchase airfare in the US and travel to Cuba. However, the specific license that granted them the ability to travel to Cuba required that most of the time was spent participating in the activity the license was granted for, playing tourist was not an approved activity.

Americans can now travel under a general license - which means they don't have to apply. All they have to do is print a form, check a box and book a flight through another country. If an US citizen tries to purchase airfare with a company that flies into Cuba - Aeromexico, Interjet, etc., before the purchase is completed - they're presented with the general license form and have to check which one complies with their reason for going to Cuba. Tourist travel and attending a Stones concert are not listed.

To sell tickets to an American who is outside of Cuba at the time of the sale, the ticket seller would probably have to have the buyer sign the general license form. Which gets a little tricky since the buyer isn't there as part of an approved cultural exchange tour. However, selling or giving a ticket to a person in Cuba - won't require a passport - so how would the Stones promoter know the buyer was American instead of Canadian?

There are exceptions where US food and farm products can be sold in Cuba. However, if you come across Coke, Delmonte, etc. and US clothing brands, its usually because a wholesaler or distributor in a country other than the US is exporting the product to Cuba.

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #27 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:03am
I am not arguing...but I have never had an issue going over...I have been 5 times since 1997...always for vacation...(love the sports & arts visas).

The Cuban Interests Section never denied me my Visa....and OFAC ( the ones who control embargos) has always said that Americans are free to come/go as they please since the US cannot tell you what countries you may enter.

And a thought about Coke, et al...you cannot tell me that even if the foods came from ex/ Mexico..that a pocket in Altanta (Coke's HQ) or stock holders, didnt get something out of it.

GlimmerGirl24 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:48pm:
However, selling or giving a ticket to a person in Cuba - won't require a passport -

I disagree...I think your papers will be required if you are a Cuban national for a free ticket or a passport to purchase from the state...but this is only a guess based on what I have seen in the past...afterall, we are not talking ticketmaster here...this is still a state run event,,,no matter who the promoter is.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:08am by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 4:12pm
There's never been an issue of traveling to Cuba as a tourist if you choose to skip a special or general license and use another country to get there or had a boat in Florida. If you want to fly from the US, you need a license. The US has never made it a practice to prosecute people who used another country to get to Cuba instead of complying with the law.

The problem is, under current law is the selling of concert tickets in the US to an event in Cuba that doesn't comply with the approved reasons for being in Cuba. If you book a People to People tour that is providing the Stones ticket - no issue, it's a cultural exchange trip.

If the Stones sold Cuba concert tickets on Ticketmaster or their own website, there are legal issues and while they could probably get around them by having people check a box on the general license form during the ticket purchase - I doubt they would go that route. Mexican owned airlines are now requiring that the fare purchaser check a box on the general license in the purchasing process. If the Stones used Ticketmaster Mexico or Canada - I suspect the general form would again pop up. I suspect the Machine which includes the US companies that promote the tour and sell the tickets, want nothing to do with getting involved with whether our purchase complies with US law. If you want a ticket to the concert - you're buying in Cuba or purchasing one of the cultural tours that are being offered.

If you're buying a ticket from a Cuban ticket seller (box office at the stadium) and they want a passport - no big deal. It's not like Cuba has any interest in enforcing US law. If they did, American tourists would be turned back at the airport and marina.

If you're buying from the Stones ticket office on Cuban soil, I suspect they won't ask for a passport for ID purposes. A driver's license does not give citizenship information.

As for Coca-Cola - yes they benefit from any sale of their product anywhere in the world. Even Cuba. However, a distributor in Mexico exporting to Cuba isn't going to list that shipment on the sales information sent back to Atlanta. Prior to the sale to Cuba - Coca Cola is receiving a cut, but they're cut out of the sale to Cuba, unless the distributor lists the sale as going to the Caymans.

If Coca-Cola wanted to sell products in Cuba - they could apply for a license to do so. For whatever reason, US companies turn a blind eye to what their foreign distributors are doing and aren't interested enough in the Cuban market in the past to apply for licenses. They aren't showing much of a profit for their product that finds its way into Cuba - but the losses aren't worth pursuing either by cracking down on distributors.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 4:17pm by GlimmerGirl24 »  

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #29 - Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:18pm
OK...I am bored...and I cant beleive I hijacked my own thread...now back to THE STONES!!

Nanker Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED) What a post Ronnie!!!!! So long sucker Shut the fuck up now Shut the fuck up now Shut the fuck up now So long sucker

and the Sao Paulo song vote is up btw...
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2016 at 6:29pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #30 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 12:44pm
It seems there's a visit from President Obama scheduled for the day after the prospective Stones concert.

Can't imagine the timing is merely coincidental

... ... ...
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #31 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Bloomberg and Miami Herald articles seeming to confirm the 3/20 show, which I am told will be at Stadio Latina America in Havana.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article60974692...

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2016-02-23/the-limits-of-obama-s-trip-to-c...

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:01pm

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #33 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Yes it is confirmed, but just as "at the end of March!"

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 6:22pm

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:22pm
It looks like Cuba overbooked Estadio Latinoamericano, the Tampa Bay Rays are booked for a clinic on the 21st and a baseball game on the 22nd. It takes 30 hours to remove the stage and if minimal damage is done to the field, at least 12 hours to replace sod before a game can be played. That makes it impossible for both the Stones and the Rays to use the stadium between the 20th and 22nd.

The Stones can't switch to the 18th or 19th because of the travel time from Bogota and time needed to erect the stage. If they switch to the 27th, they're extending the tour by a week when they're ready to head home and adding an additional week of costs without money coming in.

It sounds like the concert has been moved to land near Ciudad Deportiva (Sports City) arena. The Stones have a venue, the Rays have a stadium where some people speculate Obama is throwing out the first pitch and is why the game wasn't moved to another date. .

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #36 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 7:41am
The Cuban govt does not want the Stones there at the same time as the American State visit. The Stones will have to move their date. It is still rumored that the President will toss out the first pitch I think...though likely.

The Cuban govt wants the visit(s) to be covered by the press separately and not interfere with each other.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #37 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 9:47am
I say fuck it.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #38 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 9:52am
The date will be March 25!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Re: Cuba??? ===> March 25, 2016!
Reply #39 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:09am
It's Holy Saturday, I was thinking that’s strange but most of the Cubans don’t go on vacation so it makes sense
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:22am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:14am
VooMoof, March 25th is a Friday.  Nothing holy about that day.  It's a regular skunk works day, you can get loaded and stuff without celestial repercussion, just like any other non-holy day.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #41 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:24am
WOW; you're right and that's worse as Holy Friday commemorates the passing of Jesus Christ and Cuba is 80% Catholic

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #42 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:17am
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:24am:
WOW; you're right and that's worse as Holy Friday commemorates the passing of Jesus Christ and Cuba is 80% Catholic

Might we see SFTD replaced by Indian Girl ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #43 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:19am
I retract my previous statement.  I can't keep all these goddam Holy days straight.  So the Cubans can't get drunk on March 25 or March 26?  This is just a really bad time for the Stones to bash it up in Cuba.  Terrible timing.  But, on the other hand, what can you do?  You can't schedule your entire life around Him, or you'd be jumping from one fucking foot to the other non-stop.

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Until recently, one could not be a practicing Catholic and belong to the Cuban Communist Party. Good Friday became a public holiday four years ago to get in chummy with Pope Benedict so he'd put in a good word for lifting the embargo with the White House. A Stones concert scheduled Easter weekend isn't going to have Cubans opting to stay home with their rosaries.

However, according to this article published on Saturday, the Tampa Bay Rays may not have access to the Latinoamericano Stadium on the 21st or the morning of the 22nd because last minute field improvements might be needed. I think I read last week that the Cuban baseball league's season ends in early March, so its unlikely it's a baseball game that is going to damage the field and I haven't come across any other events scheduled at the stadium for the weekend of the 18th.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/rays-cuba-trip-a-big-opportunity-an...

Unless the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and it takes over 24 hours to remove the stage.

If the reporter's information about the field needing last minute improvements before the game isn't from a couple of weeks ago, it sounds like the Stones are playing the stadium on the 20th and the Rays drew the short end of the straw.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #45 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 6:40pm
I had second thoughts, the problem in most of the countries with a show on Good Friday is that many people go on vacation, in the case of Cuba most of the people stay at home, not praying rosaries but just relaxing at home... so Good Friday is an excellent day for a show there

As mentioned previously, prices will be high for foreigner and free for local people.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #46 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 6:40pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #47 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 6:41pm

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #48 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 6:50pm
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 11:17am:
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Feb 29th, 2016 at 10:24am:

Might we see SFTD replaced by Indian Girl ?

He ain't no Che Guevara !!!

If it's not on RS.com...its not happening!!!
If its not in El Granma...it's not happening...

But...if its in RockOff...ITS HAPPENING!!!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6890842/cubans-the-rolling-stones-hav...

Cuban cultural officials have announced that The Rolling Stones will perform in Havana sometime during Easter week. The confirmation of the show, which has been rumored for months, was first posted on a Cuban television news Facebook page on Feb. 26, and followed by an article in the official newspaper Granma which proclaimed the concert “will be a historic moment that will open the doors for other great bands to arrive in Havana.”

A U.S. source with knowledge of the situation told Billboard Monday that the deal had not yet been finalized.

According to the Cuban reports, The Stones will perform on the grounds of Havana’s Ciudad Deportiva, a sports complex bult in 1957.

Talk of a Stones’ concert has been spreading around Havana since Mick Jagger visited the city last October.

The band is currently on its "Olé" tour of Latin American stadiums. If The Rolling Stones do play Cuba, it will be after two shows in Mexico City on March 14 and 17, the last dates currently announced on the group's website.
« Last Edit: Feb 29th, 2016 at 7:02pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:07am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #50 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:31am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #51 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:34am

The Rolling Stones announce free concert in Cuba!

March 1, 2016 – The Rolling Stones will perform a groundbreaking concert in Havana, Cuba on Friday March 25, 2016.  The free concert will take place at the Ciudad Deportiva de la Habana and will be the first open air concert in the country by a British Rock Band.  Always exploring new horizons and true pioneers of rock, the Stones, who have toured every corner of the globe, will bring their high octane performance and incredible music catalogue to the Caribbean for the first time ever.

This once-in-a-lifetime concert event follows the band’s America Latina Ole tour, which is currently receiving rave reviews, playing to huge audiences in stadiums in Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Rio De Janeiro, São Paulo and Porto Alegre with Lima, Bogotá and Mexico City following next week. The band are also leading a musician to musician initiative in which much needed musical instruments and equipment are being donated by major suppliers for the benefit of Cuban musicians of all genres. Donors include The Gibson Foundation, Vic Firth, RS Berkeley, Pearl, Zildjian, Gretsch, Latin Percussion, Roland and BOSS with additional assistance from the Latin GRAMMY Cultural Foundation.

The Rolling Stones said: “We have performed in many special places during our long career but this show in Havana is going to be a landmark event for us, and, we hope, for all our friends in Cuba too.”

This historical concert will no doubt have Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood mesmerizing a new audience of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits as well as special gems from their million selling albums.

The Rolling Stones concert, which has been in the planning stages for several months comes only days after President Barack Obama’s recently announced visit to Cuba.

This entire event is being made possible by the benefaction of Fundashon Bon Intenshon on behalf of the island of Curaçao. Fundashon Bon Intenshon initiates and supports international charitable projects in the fields of education, athletics, cultural literacy, healthcare and tourism as well as other attempts to mitigate the impact of general poverty.

It is being promoted by AEG’s Concerts West and Musica Punto Zero who extend their gratitude for the support provided by the Institute of Cuban Music in bringing this event to the people of Cuba.

The Rolling Stones “Concert for Amity” will be filmed and produced by award winning production company JA Digital with Paul Dugdale directing and Simon Fisher and Sam Bridger as producers. Julie Jakobek of JA Digital said: “It’s a great honour to be working with the Rolling Stones again on this hugely exciting and historic event”.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #52 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 9:45am

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:41am
Wow, they went for Holy Friday.  Have the Stones played Holy Friday before?  How did the Catholics handle it?  Did they spazz?  If I was a Catholic, I'd totally spazz out if the Stones played Holy Friday where I live, or with 100 miles.

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:06pm
You wore a bandana, I wore navy blue
We met in Havana at quarter past two
Across the Savannah and down to the beach
You munched a banana, I nibbled a peach

You played a small solo, I muffled a drum
You offered a polo, I stuck with my gum
I danced a light polka, you threw a few hoops
I was Oscar Homolka, you were Marjorie Proops

[honeysucklehighway]

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #55 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:25pm
Are we trending yet?

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #56 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 12:30pm
I was gambling in Havana
I took a little risk
Send lawyers, guns and money
They'll get me out of this!

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #57 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 2:59pm
sirmoonie wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 11:41am:
Wow, they went for Holy Friday.  Have the Stones played Holy Friday before?  How did the Catholics handle it?  Did they spazz?  If I was a Catholic, I'd totally spazz out if the Stones played Holy Friday where I live, or with 100 miles.

Fuck you crack me up Moonie. Everytime, I'm giggling so much I keep fucking up my spelling. 'Did the Catholics spaz out?' Love it to death Alice.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #58 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:05pm
How about Brand New Car for the song vote ?!

IP Logged

gypsymofo60
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:13pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 1st, 2016 at 3:05pm:
How about Brand New Car for the song vote ?!

And this week James and Richard do a cheap driving holiday.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #60 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 9:09am
I wonder if the Cubans will bitch about the set list?

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #61 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 11:13am
I wonder if they know who the stones are?

In any case; the containers have spoken, halleluha!!!!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #62 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 11:42am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 2nd, 2016 at 9:09am:
I wonder if the Cubans will bitch about the set list?

They want Indian Girl.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #63 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 8:38pm
Another FIRST ~ Trendsetters even in their 70's! Not that long ago the Cuban's would of been punished for listening to the Stones, and now they are approved of, influencing Cuban society. GOOD WORK BOYS!

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #64 - Mar 7th, 2016 at 8:09pm
According to the NY Times, Major Lazer's concert yesterday had between 400-500k in attendance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/arts/music/diplo-and-major-lazer-bring-their-b...

The concert was at a waterfront plaza in front of the US Embassy.

A video on Major Lazer's Facebook page shows an aerial view of the audience:

https://www.facebook.com/majorlazer

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #65 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:08am
What the heck is a Major Lazer ?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #66 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 8:30am
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:08am:
What the heck is a Major Lazer ?

Edith?

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 4:09pm
The stage is being built with the 62 containers that Egon alerted us to:

http://www.cubadebate.cu/noticias/2016/03/08/comenzo-montaje-del-escenario-para-...

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #68 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 5:15pm
They have internet in Cuba?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #69 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 6:44pm
GlimmerGirl24 wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 4:09pm:

http://www.cubadebate.cu/noticias/2016/03/08/comenzo-montaje-del-escenario-para-...

That s crazy...the show isn't for another 17 days!!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #70 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 7:54pm
Maybe the whole stadium has to be worked on along with the stage. It doesn't look like much of anything at this point. This is inspiring!

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #71 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 11:19pm
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 6:44pm:

The Stones are planning a concert in a field on an island with a very poor infrastructure where there are few working trucks or forklifts available and they have to bring everything they need - from nails to paper clips. Running down to Home Depot or renting another generator isn't a possibility. If they need something they didn't plan for - it has to be shipped or flown in. That could be the reason they're starting to work on the site two weeks early.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #72 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 5:33am
GlimmerGirl24 wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 11:19pm:
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 8th, 2016 at 6:44pm:

The Stones are planning a concert in a field on an island with a very poor infrastructure where there are few working trucks or forklifts available and they have to bring everything they need - from nails to paper clips. Running down to Home Depot or renting another generator isn't a possibility. If they need something they didn't plan for - it has to be shipped or flown in. That could be the reason they're starting to work on the site two weeks early.

They're gonna need lots of guys like the one in the Voodoo Lounge video to man those generators.

I wonder how many Cubans can convince a girl that he's Ronnie?  Ouch!

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

STONES

Reply #73 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 6:43am
Quote:

Building a VIP area for the Castro family
is not an easy task.

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #74 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 9:34am
CiberCuba's video of building the stage:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B02tJwpc6_8

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #75 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 6:30pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #76 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 6:33pm
Major Lazer free concert last Sunday with 400,000 people attending!

http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2016/03/07/actualidad/1457378817_560110.html

Gracias Roni from our message board in Spanish

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #77 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 6:37pm

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 4:23pm
PERISCOPING HAVANA

I've decided to skip Cuba - it's killing me though. Which means there won't be a Debbie Tiger periscope. Smiley

I researched Periscoping the Havana concert a couple of months ago and I hope one of you who does go will periscope.

If your cell provider is Canadian or European, your phone will work - although the international data plan might be too costly. If you're in the US - only Verizon (and possibly Sprint) are offering service in Cuba and the last time I checked, only calls and text, no data. Also very expensive.

You can buy a SIM card from Cubacel (Cuba's cell provider) at the Havana airport. However, your phone must be unlocked* and it's call and text only, no apps, no web surfing, no Periscope. iPhone nano cards are supposed to be in short supply.

OneSimCard sells a Data and Roam card for Cuba (the smartphone has to be unlocked). The card is $29.99 and gives reduced rates on calls, text messaging and in the data plan list, it includes Cuba. When you click on cost of the Cuba plan, it lists N/A for the data plan. You would have to call to see if there is a data plan and how much it costs per mb.

http://www.onesimcard.com/international-sim-card/

If you're Canadian and have Rogers, there is a $95 Cuba plan. It only includes 500mb of data, then charges $20/mb. Periscoping a Stones concert is approximately 500mb**.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/add-ons

The best option might be to rent a mifi from Cellomobile.  A mifi is wifi in your pocket or purse. You switch your smartphone to airplane mode when you step on the plane. When you step off the plane you turn the mifi on and connect your phone with the passcode provided. You can connect five devices to the mifi. You don't turn airplane mode off until you return to your home airport.

For $380 for one week Cellophone will rent a mifi that will work in just Cuba or Cuba and Mexico and includes 1 gb of data per day. If you use more than 1 gb/day too often, they cut you off. The price includes 2 day shipping to an US address and the prepaid return envelope. You can have it shipped to Canada or Mexico.  The coupon code RCAB gives you $10 off. There is a $49.99 daily rate, but when I tried renting it for one day, the rate given was the weekly one. Calling the company might result in a rate for less than one week.

I would suggest buying a new battery for the mifi before you leave, the one included does not hold a charge like a brand new one will. Cellophone will tell you the mifi model and you can google the battery needed.

The mifi connects to Cubacel's cell towers, not their internet company. Some of the towers in Havana are 3G, the rest are 2G. If the towers near Sports City are 3G - there should be very few connection issues.

http://www.cellomobile.com/rental.php?cPath=4&country=54%2C138

If you use the Talkatone app on your phone you can receive calls/texts from anywhere for free and make calls and send texts to the US and Canada for free. For $12.99 you can make 1000 minutes of calls elsewhere in the world. The Talkatone app gives you an US phone number and you can have calls to your phone forwarded to your Talkatone phone number. You can make free calls and texts to other Talkatone phone numbers. The Talkatone app will work with the mifi, it will not work with the Cubacel SIM card and might work with the OneSimCard card if there is a data plan.

http://www.talkatone.com/

You can buy a dual port battery extender from Monoprice that will charge the mifi and phone at the same time. You'll have to purchase an USB cable for the mifi if Cellophone doesn't include one. There are two Monoprice dual port models, the 5000mAh is $17.99 ($20 at Walmart) and the 8000mAh is also $17.99. The 5000mAh will charge an iPhone or iPad four times, the 8000mAh a couple of more times before it needs to be charged. You can also buy a battery extender that only charges one device, I'd suggest getting one with at least 5000mAh.

http://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083110

To use Cellophone's mifi with your phone to Periscope the concert, you will need an extra battery or battery extender. I rented a mifi to use in Europe on the 2014 tour - it was wonderful but even with the brand new battery I purchased, the mifi probably would have gone dead during Gimme Shelter.

To stay under 1gb/day, keep the mifi off when not using it. Talkatone will take messages if your mifi isn't on. Alyssa and I could use 1 gb in four hours when we were both using it to upload photos and videos, Facebook, email, Stones forums, calls/texts with Talkatone.

It's going to be costly to Periscope Havana and the connection might be iffy. I think many of us are willing to donate if one of you are willing to give it a try and set up a GoFundMe. I know I don't expect you to be up front and if you're a 1/4 mile away near a delay tower, I'll be happy even if you can only get a connection for half of the concert. You might even be the first Periscope from Cuba.

If you post your GoFundMe to EOMS, Facebook, IORR, Rocks Off, Shidoobee and Undercover - 30 to 40 people contributing $15 each should cover the cost of the mifi rental, extra battery, GoFundMe fees, etc.

Anyone willing to be our Periscoper?

*Unlocked Phone: Your cell phone is probably locked to your cell phone carrier unless you bought an unlocked phone.  What this means if you install another SIM card, it will not work - only a SIM card from your carrier will work. Your contract probably locks your phone for two years, after that you're eligible to unlock the phone. It requires contacting your carrier to unlock the phone, then backing up your phone, erasing the entire phone and reinstalling your back up.

**I estimated I used around 400-500 mb of data to periscope an entire concert last summer.

NOTE: With one mifi we can connect five phones or iPads to Periscope as long as they are within 100 feet of the mifi. Of course, Cellophone is probably going to cut the mifi off the next day if more than 2gb is used.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2016 at 9:18am by GlimmerGirl24 »  

IP Logged

GlimmerGirl24
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #79 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 5:30pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #80 - Mar 17th, 2016 at 9:04am
Yesterday I was with Federico Valverde de Ocesa in the conference

He is from OCESA, I asked him why we didin't have parts of the original stage and he told me that immediatelly after the Brazil show they sent it to Cuba, they are NOT producing the show in Cuba, the Cuba show will be the one with more features, as we know some extra containers were sent from The Netherlands

So it will be big!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #81 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:34pm
Cuba will be a live webcast, to listen either on linbe or on the new Rolling Stones APP

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 5:16pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
Cuba will be a live webcast, to listen either on linbe or on the new Rolling Stones APP

Set list predictions...thoughts are varied. ..will it be a typical set? Abridged version...What will NOT be played...will they pull out some little gem to drive the rest of us out of our effin minds???
Instead of Little "Indian girl"...they could just sing "Little Guantanamera"
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2016 at 5:19pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #83 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 9:24am
This seems to be low key- where's the hype?

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #84 - Mar 21st, 2016 at 6:28pm
Some Guy wrote on Mar 21st, 2016 at 9:24am:
This seems to be low key- where's the hype?

The presidents state visit needs to end first...then all the RS hype will start.
The Cuban govt wants the 2 events to have all the press it can get w/o each taking away from the other.

This is the only permitted Cuban press at this time:

http://en.granma.cu/cultura/2016-03-03/confirmed-the-rolling-stones-to-play-in-c...
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2016 at 6:30pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity
Unholy Trinity Admin

ROCKS OFF RULES

Belfast/Santander/Mexico City
Reply #85 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 9:18am

The Administrators' account
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #86 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 9:24am
They may tarp it with people.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #87 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 11:45am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 22nd, 2016 at 9:24am:
They may tarp it with people.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #88 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 12:41pm
Highlights:
  • No opening acts
  • No guests
  • The choir will be ENTREVOCES
  • As commented before it will be a live webcast for the new APP and on line
  • No TV or radio live broadcast
  • Expecting to break the record of audience, more than 1.6 million
  • To be professionally recorded in HD/HiFi
  • To start 20:30 "o clock" local time
  • Full escenario, with a few additions

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #89 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 12:44pm
BTW... Cuba time is EST USA

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #90 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 2:26pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #91 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 2:36pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #92 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 2:44pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #93 - Mar 22nd, 2016 at 4:48pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #94 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 8:57am

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #95 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 10:56am
still not trending...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #96 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:54am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #97 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:55am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #98 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:55am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #99 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:56am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #100 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:56am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #101 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 11:56am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #102 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 12:00pm
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2016 at 12:08pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #103 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 6:41pm
Thanks Raúl de la Nut!

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #104 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:44am

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #105 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:45am

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #106 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:46am

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #107 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 12:05pm

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #108 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 12:07pm

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #109 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 12:11pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #110 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Fantastic pictures by Iván Soca Pascual!!!

¡¡Muchas gracias!!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #111 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 5:52pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #112 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 5:54pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #113 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 6:31pm
Some stand stills from the video

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #114 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 7:08pm
They just arrived to Cuba, from Bernard's FB page

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #115 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 8:14pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #116 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 8:16pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #117 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 8:19pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #118 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 8:23pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #119 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 8:49pm

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #120 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 9:19am

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #121 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 9:42am
Yesterday at the UK embassy in Cuba

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #122 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:05am
Arriving... ¡¡Gracias de  nuevo/Thanks again Iván!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #123 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:31am
Is there a media blackout here in the States? Can a brotha get a like?

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #124 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 11:24am
Some Guy wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:31am:

Fox News was all over it this morning.
Enjoy a cup of joe with your friends on the Curvy Couch.  Perverted Mick

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #125 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Edith Grove wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 11:24am:
Some Guy wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:31am:

Fox News
was all over it this morning.
Enjoy a cup of joe with your friends on the Curvy Couch.  Perverted Mick

fucking knew it!

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #126 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 1:48pm
So far, a more enthused welcome than Obama got.

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #127 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 1:55pm
andrews27 wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 1:48pm:

Looks like he has better control of his umbrella this time:

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #128 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:32pm

Pictures by Emmanuel Fernández, gracias!

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #129 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:41pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #130 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:46pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #131 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:51pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #132 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:52pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #133 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Oictures of the arrival with Cuban music

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #134 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:55pm

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #135 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 3:58pm

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #136 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 6:20pm
http://en.granma.cu/cultura/2016-03-25/the-rolling-stones-arrive-in-cuba

English version of the Granma article

The Rolling Stones arrive in Cuba

The legendary British band will play a massive concert this Friday, March 25, at 8:30 p.m., in Havana’s Ciudad Deportiva, as the final gig of their América Latina Olé Tour

“It's a pleasure to be in Cuba, we are going to perform a special show for Cubans,” said Mick Jagger, the legendary leader of the Rolling Stones, on landing yesterday afternoon at the José Martí International Airport along with his fellow band mates Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood.

The four Stones arrived just after 6:00 p.m. and were welcomed at the airport by Orlando Vistel, president of the Cuban Music Institute, and British Ambassador to Cuba Tim Cole.

Jagger spoke briefly with the press and confirmed the band has no plans to retire yet, while adding that it is a pleasure to be here following the visit by President Barack Obama.

Accompanying the Stones were Bernard Fowler and Darryl Jones, of The Dead Daisies, who assured Granma during their first visit to Havana that they would encourage Jagger and the band to play on the island. A promise that has now materialized.

The musicians and their extensive entourage spent some 15 minutes in one of the airport lounges before getting into the cars that took them to various hotels in the Cuban capital.

Arriving with the Stones was a staff of 70 people, including managers, assistants, relatives and friends of the band. It is expected that the musicians, as they have done in other countries during the tour, will visit cultural venues in Havana and other sites of historical interest. This reporter also discovered that they will meet with Cuban musicians, as Jagger himself did during his trip to Havana last October.

Fans of the Rolling Stones began making arrangements to be at the concert since early this week, with a large number of the most dedicated fans expected to travel to Havana’s Ciudad Deportiva from the early hours this Friday. Many from other provinces arrived in the capital from Thursday, while Cubans living in other countries have also traveled to the island to enjoy this highly symbolic concert.

The band will perform some of its classics, including the mythical “Satisfaction” and “Sympathy for the Devil”, along with others such as “Start Me Up”, “Paint It Black” and “Brown Sugar”.

The concert will last 2 hours and 15 minutes, but it is possible that the band, aware of the significance of this gig, includes a major encore.

For the debut of the Stones in Cuba, artists of great caliber have traveled to the island, including the English filmmaker Julien Temple (friend of Jagger and director of several films on David Bowie, Joe Strummer, leader of punk band The Clash, and the Sex Pistols), and rock photographer Jill Furmanovsky, while other important figures of the rock ‘n’ roll scene are expected to join them.

The Rolling Stones will use the most state-of-the-art sound system in the world (audio of 1,300 kilos) during the concert.

The concert will be the conclusion to their América Latina Olé Tour, which began in February at the National Stadium in Chile, and has seen the legendary British band take to the stage in Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil and Mexico.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #137 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 6:38pm
Pope tries to stop Rolling Stones from playing in Cuba

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/pope-tries-stop-rolling-stones-763165...

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #138 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 6:51pm

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #139 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:05pm
periscope?

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #140 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:06pm

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #141 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:10pm
http://www.stonesnews.com/

States will post links of show ASAP...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #142 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Kilroy wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:05pm:
periscope?

Good luck with that, considering the lack of decent wi-fi in Cuba.

Whats happening with this rumoured live stream on the new app? Is it bollocks or not? I've just used it for the first time.

Nothing on it so far - should I take the message "no live stream happening right now" as a sign that there might be one during the show?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #143 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:03pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 25th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
? I've just used it for the first time.

Nothing on it so far - should I take the message "no live stream happening right now" as a sign that there might be one during the show?

But how can that be???

Everyone gave the app 5 stars...except one person who wrote "This app sucks!" 1 star...

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:06pm by Paranoid Android »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #144 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:06pm
That was probably me. LOL

Sounds like another clickbait exercise.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #145 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:19pm
Gazza Oh Great and Powerful...any predictions for tonight?
I mean anything non cynical and sarcastic?

IP Logged

WaiteringOnAFiend
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #146 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm
Happy Olés.

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #147 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 8:49pm
GRRR!

IP Logged

Paranoid Android
Rocks Off Regular

You Bastards!!

Chapel Hill, NC
Reply #148 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 9:03pm
77 degrees and PC...10pm...500,000-1 million folks...no band....

This no look good gringos....

I hope they have been on for the last hour and this is all an internet /wee-fee glitch

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #149 - Mar 25th, 2016 at 9:16pm

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #150 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 8:41am

Wait a year and see who's had a better impact on Cuba. Obama or the Stones. Hint, it won't be the Stones.

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #151 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 9:50am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 26th, 2016 at 8:41am:

Wait a year and see who's had a better impact on Cuba. Obama or the Stones. Hint, it won't be the Stones.

You can tell from Raul's reaction (and from no announced Obama contact with an ailing Fidel) that the Castros want the money but not the ideology.  So we'll see how that filters down to the streets.  The rapprochement allows business types like Jagger to fly in early, scout real estate and developable interior spaces, and hope agreements within a certain level will be kept.  I'm sure a lot is riding on the results of the US presidential election.  And at street level we're talking an eight year adjustment period.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2016 at 9:55am by andrews27 »  

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #152 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:14pm
Univision interviews fans at the Rolling Stones concert.  (Mostly Locals and some Canadians)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYXazI_MUY
Some lucky fans paid around $100 per person to view the concert from rooftops and balconies of private homes.  Space was limited.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:18pm by gorda »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #153 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Is it over?

IP Logged

Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #154 - Mar 26th, 2016 at 4:46pm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)