Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
RIP Robin Williams (Read 7,151 times)
jaxx
Ex Member

Re: RIP Robin Williams
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:06pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Joey wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 2:33pm:
" yikes. more bad news this week. i was sad and sorry to hear about this yesterday afternoon. he was hilarious, got me laughing to tears. i heard he was getting ready to film mrs. doubtfire 2. nice header photo. we used to have a blast at that Studio 54  "

Jaxx  .............. ?!

Jaxxy   ....................... ?!

Is that really you ?!   Where is the heck have you been these past twelve years  ?  One thing about You Jaxxy was that you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and you sure could write a post .

Welcome Home !!!!

Howdy and many thanks for answering the question, "where am i?"  was at fiddlers green on the 4th of july for the first time since that Steely Dan concert where they wouldn't let us dance, WTF?
n, yea, still minty fresh,  depending on who you are talking to.  ;-D

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 12th, 2014 at 5:39am:

Great bit.  Are you fucking serious?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Its a tragic ending to his life. Didn't he know everyone would be talking about how he hung himself and slit his wrist? Its so sad, I feel so sorry for him, I wish he thought this through and changed his mind.  It seems he didnt care anymore, but why? He had so much to live for, I just cant wrap my head around this one. I loved his serious role in Good Will Hunting. RIP Robin!

IP Logged

Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Belo Horizonte
Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 9:00pm
You don't believe how saddened am I with Robin's death. He was one of my favorite actors, and one hell of a talented man who, from what I could read along this years, just wanted to bring happiness to people.

How come my favorite artists, who never meant no harm to anyone, off themselves like that???

First, Roy Buchanan, then Danny Gatton and now...Robin. The world, which sucks balls anyways, is EVEN SUCKIER  with his loss.

Rest In Peace, Robin. Much love to you.

683261035 rochaf319 twentythreeskidoo  
IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:46pm
May he rest in peace.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #30 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:49am
Dave Chapelle is another comic genius of our time.  Did Robin Williams ever collaborate with Dave?

Seinfeld is overrated.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #31 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:04am
Two greats, now gone:

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 10:30am
So sad.  RIP Robin.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #33 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 2:21pm

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #34 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:29pm

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #35 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 6:00am
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne Grateful for Robin Williams’ Kindness During Sharon’s Cancer Scare
by Jeff Giles August 12, 2014

Frederick M. Brown / Kevin Winter, Getty Images

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne were among the first celebrities to publicly share their grief over Robin Williams‘ death, and for good reason: Williams earned the Osbournes’ eternal adoration with a gesture of kindness after Sharon’s cancer diagnosis in 2002.

“I’m forever in debt to Robin Williams,” Ozzy explained to VH1 Radio Network’s Dave Basner. “When Sharon was diagnosed with colon cancer, I’d seen the film ‘Patch Adams’ and it was a very — I don’t know if you ever saw that film he made. It’s about a guy who was a male nurse or something in a hospital and he was working with terminal people, and I thought, ‘What a great thing to do, and he’s a very funny man, Robin Williams.’ I got my agent to contact him and ask if he’d be so kind as to come around and talk to my wife, which he did. It was very nice of him.”

In a 2002 talk with National Enquirer, Sharon set the scene. “I was in bed when he came by, half asleep and a little woozy from some of the medication the doctors had given me to take Suddenly, there’s a knock on my bedroom door and I say, ‘Come in.’ And there’s Robin Williams standing in front of me,” she said. “Well, I thought I must be dreaming. In fact, I thought I was hallucinating from the drugs I’d been given! I couldn’t think of what to say, so I said, ‘Does Ozzy know you’re here?’ Then, Robin got in bed with me and said, ‘Shhh! No, he doesn’t and don’t tell him!’ Well, that just cracked me up. I was in bed with Robin Williams. I started laughing hysterically. For the next two hours, he just cuddled me.”

It continues to be a precious memory for Sharon, who tweeted that “The entire Osbourne Family is grieving the loss of a kind, funny, generous and talented man.” As she told the Enquirer, “He was just the nicest, most giving guy in the world — he did so much for me.” Added Ozzy, “Forever and a day, I will love that man.”

Read More: Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne Grateful for Robin Williams' Kindness During Sharon's Cancer Scare | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sharon-ozzy-osbourne-robin-williams/?utm_source=s...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)