Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead. (Read 53,359 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead.
Reply #75 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:00am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The press conference would only have been led by Mick so it was likely a ruse to allow the band to leave...hopefully to NY to support Mick. Would be a good time for Keith to step up publicly and say something  supportive for Mick

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #76 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:08am

L'wren's suicide will overshadow the tour.  There will be whispers and speculations about Jagger's demeanor and his handling of his lover's tragic death by her own hand.  This can unfold like Shakespeare's play.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #77 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:23am
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:00am:
The press conference would only have been led by Mick so it was likely a ruse to allow the band to leave...hopefully to NY to support Mick. Would be a good time for Keith to step up publicly and say something  supportive for Mick

The band doesnt owe the press any favours by being paraded in front of them to put up with ludicrous, intrusive questions.  All that's really needed is a statement from the promoter and/or the band's press agent - thats what these people are paid to do.

As expected, the UK tabloids have shown themselves up once again to be on a level which is about one rung on the ladder above that of a sex offender. Front pages on most tabloids this morning contain a close up photo of Mick that was apparently taken moments after he had been told of his girlfriend's suicide. Even the comments page on the Mirror's facebook page are lambasting the newspaper for their tactless intrusion.

Utter vermin.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #78 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:33am
But we need something fresh Gazza,
cos that plane not turning up is getting quite boring...

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #79 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:21am
A terrible tragedy for Ms Scott's family and friends.

Rest in peace.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #80 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:35am
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 9:54pm:
Pdog wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 9:44pm:
Not to get all gross, but…
A lot of men die from auto erotic asphyxiation. Does anyone know if this is practiced among women too? Just wondering, if this was a total accident.. There's so much speculation already, but it crossed my mind, maybe some others as well...

However inappropriate...I, too, thought this for a minute.
The assistant would have cleaned, tossed and destroyed any evidence/accessories to suggest this sort of thing...this is for the tabloids to discuss, not us, here...IMHO

Here there, IDK where or what's appropriate… intentional or accidental we know everyone is shocked… it does read more accidental, unless there's some history of mental illness, previous attempts…  The theory of her wanting to be found, making it a gesture of suicide gone wrong is very plausible… eventually we'll know more, and all that info won't change anything in the end… I do think it should be discussed, suicide, b/c there's many who are suicidal and depressed and the shame and stigma of the feeling needs to be lifted, so more can talk about it… but I do agree, specualtion is kind of lame… but I can't help myself, I prefer our forum over scumbag tabloids, they are doing it for money, while most of us, really give a crap...

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #81 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:44am
That picture of Jagger just looks like an unprofessional mis-shot...I think they wanted it to be more then it is so they made up a story to go with it...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #82 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 10:53am
Mick has just updated his facebook page a couple of minutes ago with this statement :

"I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way.

We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves.

She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me.

I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.

I will never forget her.

Mick. "

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #83 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:18am
Can only imagine how Mick feels....would shake you to your soul

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #84 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:22am
What a tragic death! I couldn't believe it when I first heard it, she must have been deeply depressed, my heart goes out to Mick & L'Wren Scott's family.
R.I.P. L'wren.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #85 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:25am
My heart is breaking for all involved. I never saw this coming. Ever. I'm refraining from posting too much as I detest the vultures that swoop down and take advantage of these tragedies, however this is a interesting article that bears sharing.

L'Wren Scott struggled with personal and professional problems, source says, as Mick Jagger cancels concert

By Hollie McKay
Fox News

As the fashion and entertainment world copes with the shocking news that L’Wren Scott died Monday morning, those closest to her are attempting to piece together what drove the acclaimed designer and longtime partner of Mick Jagger to apparently take her own life.

According to a source connected to the 6-foot-3 fashionista, Scott, 49, had been deeply troubled and struggling with both personal and professional problems for the last couple of years, which caused concern for the pair’s very tight circle of friends. A perfectionist with her work, Scott also wanted nothing more than to keep her 13-year relationship with Jagger strong, the source added.

“L’Wren loved him so deeply, she never wanted to hurt him,” a source told FOX411. “She never, ever wanted to use his name to promote her business or seem like she was using him for her own profit. L’Wren just really loved him and was terrified at the idea of losing him or letting him down.”

We are assured, however, that the two were “very much together” at the time of her death, despite the ups and downs that come with such a high-profile romance. Jagger’s rep called reports that the couple had recently split “a horrible and inaccurate piece of gossip during this very tragic time for Mick.” The star canceled his Wednesday concert in Perth, Australia, in the wake of Scott’s death, a rep for the Rolling Stones announced.

Our source tells us it was some overwhelming issues with her top-notch fashion label that sent her down a final spiral. According to business records on file in Britain, as Scott’s business LS Fashion Ltd. operated from a London base, the design company had an October balance sheet stating that it was $5.9 million in debt in 2012 after closing 2011’s fiscal year $4.2 million in red. The balance sheet also indicates that more than $1.7 million was owed to creditors within one year and a significant $7.6 million due after that.

The financial woes were said to have been escalating for some time, and last month Scott pulled her London Fashion Week show. Publicly, the reason was a result of “production delays in key show and couture pieces,” but murmurs of business issues beyond Scott’s control circled.

“L’Wren really felt the pressure to succeed and having to be something all the time until, I guess, she couldn’t fake it anymore,” one person of note observed. “So many people wanted a piece of her. So many people had betrayed her personally and professionally; she didn’t know who to trust anymore.”

We're told that Scott felt extreme angst and personally responsible for all investors and creditors and people owed money, and she was not willing to simply walk away. She was also gravely concerned about her image in the fashion industry, and the potential years of litigation ahead upset her.

"She was so crushed by what had happened, and wanted to make things right for everyone,” the source said. “Also losing face in an industry she was so respected in was so hard for her to comprehend. She had to deal with all this and couldn't be on tour with Mick, which is where she really wanted to be."

A rep for Jagger, currently on tour with the Rolling Stones in Australia, said the rock icon was “completely shocked and devastated” by Scott’s death. Another source connected to the singer also told us that Jagger’s state of torment was “beyond belief.”

“I don’t think he’ll ever get over her,” said the source.

The adopted daughter of Mormon parents, Scott grew up in a small Utah town and started modeling as a teen after being discovered by famed fashion photographer Bruce Weber. After being somewhat deterred by the shallow treatment of models, Scott moved into designing and styling, eventually launching her first collection in 2006. She has since outfitted a vast array of A-list names including Madonna, Angelina Jolie and Nicole Kidman.

“L’Wren was an artist in the true sense of the word. She was very talented, very creative, but very soft and sensitive. It can seem like you have everything, but nothing at the same time,” added an insider. “But no one can believe she actually did it.”

Jagger’s rep did not respond to a request for further comment.

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #86 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:32am
Pdog wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:35am:
Paranoid Android wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 9:54pm:
Pdog wrote on Mar 17th, 2014 at 9:44pm:
Not to get all gross, but…
A lot of men die from auto erotic asphyxiation. Does anyone know if this is practiced among women too? Just wondering, if this was a total accident.. There's so much speculation already, but it crossed my mind, maybe some others as well...

However inappropriate...I, too, thought this for a minute.
The assistant would have cleaned, tossed and destroyed any evidence/accessories to suggest this sort of thing...this is for the tabloids to discuss, not us, here...IMHO

Here there, IDK where or what's appropriate… intentional or accidental we know everyone is shocked… it does read more accidental, unless there's some history of mental illness, previous attempts…  The theory of her wanting to be found, making it a gesture of suicide gone wrong is very plausible… eventually we'll know more, and all that info won't change anything in the end… I do think it should be discussed, suicide, b/c there's many who are suicidal and depressed and the shame and stigma of the feeling needs to be lifted, so more can talk about it… but I do agree, specualtion is kind of lame… but I can't help myself, I prefer our forum over scumbag tabloids, they are doing it for money, while most of us, really give a crap...

Amen.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #87 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:35am
there havent been many times in my life where I would have preferred my existence over Mick Jagger's, but the last 24 hours is definitely one of them.

To have to deal with this is horrific enough for any human being. To have your grief and turmoil magnified even further by having to endure an international media shitstorm over it is beyond all comprehension.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:07pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #88 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:46am
The Guardian get the tabloid coverage in a nutshell:

'Lurid coverage of L'Wren Scott's death shows British tabloids at their worst'

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/18/newspaper-lwren-scott-death...

... ... ...
IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #89 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 11:50am
Horrible.

RIP Ms. Scott.

IP Logged

Angie
Rocks Off Regular

I'm only in it for the
money

Lowlands, baby!!
Reply #90 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:09pm
I haven't felt sorry for Mick often, but this time I do. So so sad, it's weird how it's been on my mind all day during work. Beautiful message of Mick on his website and Facebook though. Ugh.

Just that demon life.

IP Logged

steel driving hammer
Rocks Off Regular

Champaign, IL.
Reply #91 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:09pm
God this is Sad Sad Sad...

Do we know what she died of yet?

Prolly she gave herself a lethal dose?

How in hell could she be depressed?

She used to be w/ one of this planets greatest men ever, - Jagger.

Said, why'd she have to go off and do a thing like that for, just when everything was going so well, new tour and all...the money to come for L'wren after the tour.

How come she didn't travel w/ the band to Japan instead of isolating herself there all alone...?

Many questions of this are still yet unanswered...

Just hope  they don't keep this case hush hush and under wraps.....
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:12pm by steel driving hammer »  

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #92 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Gazza,

Is there link to Mick's Facebook page?

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

eric
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #93 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:14pm
there havent been many times in my life where I would have traded my existence for Mick Jagger's, but the last 24 hours is definitely "not" one of them.

I hear you Gazza. 

My heart is full of sorrow for Mick and the torment I know is swirling in his heart and mind.

From the history books

Croesus
"Stranger of Athens, we have heard much of thy wisdom and of thy travels through many lands, from love of knowledge and a wish to see the world. I am curious therefore to inquire of thee, whom, of all the men that thou hast seen, thou deemest the most happy?"

Solon
"A long life gives one to witness much, and experience much oneself, that one would not choose.

For thyself, oh! Croesus, I see that thou art wonderfully rich, and art the lord of many nations; but with respect to that whereon thou questionest me, I have no answer to give, until I hear that thou hast closed thy life happily."

IP Logged

Angie
Rocks Off Regular

I'm only in it for the
money

Lowlands, baby!!
Reply #94 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:27pm

Just that demon life.

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #95 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:34pm
I don't know that we as fans are owed anymore information about L'Wren's death.  Too many details are already out there.  I'm thinking like a mom, if she were my child I wouldn't want what has already been published to be known.  Suicide is tragic enough without the general public knowing all of the details.

The truth is all of the seemingly unanswered questions may never be answered.  What is a demon to some is only a bump in the road to others and vice versa;  it is human nature. I pray that Mick and L'Wren's closest family and friends take the time to heal.  They owe us no statements, no open showings of grief, nothing.  The business end of the Stones has to be handled, nothing more.

IP Logged

Moonisup
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #96 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:53pm
The OZ tour is postponed

IP Logged

Angie
Rocks Off Regular

I'm only in it for the
money

Lowlands, baby!!
Reply #97 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:54pm
The Rolling Stones are deeply sorry and disappointed to announce the postponement of the rest of their 14 ON FIRE tour of Australia and New Zealand following the death of L’Wren Scott.
Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood wish to thank all of their fans for their support at this difficult time and hope that they will fully understand the reason for this announcement.
The Rolling Stones are planning to reschedule these postponed shows at a later date.
The postponed shows are:
Perth Arena – 19 March - postponed
Adelaide Oval – 22 March - postponed
Sydney Allphones Arena – 25 March - postponed
Melbourne Rod Laver Arena – 28 March - postponed
Macedon Ranges Hanging Rock – 30 March - postponed
Brisbane Entertainment Centre – 2 April - postponed
Auckland Mt Smart Stadium – 5 April - postponed
Australia/New Zealand promoters ask ticket holders to please hold on to their tickets until further notice. A new schedule of dates is presently being worked on and will be advised as soon as possible. Information will be made available via rollingstones.com and frontiertouring.com as soon as available.

Just that demon life.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #98 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 3:46pm
Thank you, Angie.

FG

P.S. I didn't know there is the Very Best of Mick Jagger cd--I want it!

http://www.mickjagger.com/music/the-very-best-of-mick-jagger

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #99 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 4:25pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:23am:
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 7:00am:

The band doesnt owe the press any favours by being paraded in front of them to put up with ludicrous, intrusive questions.  All that's really needed is a statement from the promoter and/or the band's press agent - thats what these people are paid to do.

As expected, the UK tabloids have shown themselves up once again to be on a level which is about one rung on the ladder above that of a sex offender. Front pages on most tabloids this morning contain a close up photo of Mick that was apparently taken moments after he had been told of his girlfriend's suicide. Even the comments page on the Mirror's facebook page are lambasting the newspaper for their tactless intrusion.

Utter vermin.

I agree, Gazza. I mean come on, who wants to hold a press conference with people snapping pictures and asking who knows what. Let the guy deal with this...

I was very surprised when I heard they were going to hold a press conference discussing the tour like less than a day afterwards?? I would of just expected a spokesperson ...not Mick Himself lol Geez!! That's sort of selfish for any of us to expect that, in all honesty.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)