Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead. (Read 53,346 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: New York Daily News reports that L'wren Scott has been found dead.
Reply #100 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
steel driving hammer wrote on Mar 18th, 2014 at 12:09pm:
God this is Sad Sad Sad...

Do we know what she died of yet?

Prolly she gave herself a lethal dose?

How in hell could she be depressed?

She used to be w/ one of this planets greatest men ever, - Jagger.

Said, why'd she have to go off and do a thing like that for, just when everything was going so well, new tour and all...the money to come for L'wren after the tour.

How come she didn't travel w/ the band to Japan instead of isolating herself there all alone...?

Many questions of this are still yet unanswered...

Just hope  they don't keep this case hush hush and under wraps.....

here's hoping they do, because everything about this is quite frankly  none of our friggin' business.

And the method of death was reported immediately and has been in every story so far.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2014 at 6:04pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #101 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:09pm
Mick's music has been with me through all the good and bad moments in my life. I wish there was something I could do to repay the favor. I feel horrible for him. I wore a Stones shirt today. It was the only thing I figured I could do.

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #102 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 8:59pm
This is really awful and terribly sad.

I hate to do this and stray from the conversation but I'm not sure I'm too outraged by what the press has done. Someone might convince me differently, but here is why. Mick Jagger lives a very public life and has huge benefits that come with it. He is an incredibly smart person who has made a conscious decision to put himself in the public eye and he has been very successful financially because of it. He could easily let it go and retreat to a calmer life but he hasn't. I'm not criticizing him for that at all and his intelligence is something I have always admired. But the other side of this public life is when things like this happen. Even L'Wren Scott, God rest her soul, lived an overtly public life. I don't care how she died and wanting to learn about the details seems very creepy and disgusting but this is the life they both chose. If I was a journalist, I would hope that I would never take those pictures of Mick nor would I ever want to go into those details, but this is part of the business he is. My criticism is two fold. First, the vast majority of the media covers crap all day long. If they were serious about the stories they covered, not a single one of these bullshit stories would ever be in any paper or other media. Second, and maybe more importantly, it's the public that pays for and reads this shit, so if the finger is to be pointed at anyone, it's the public. If they didn't buy and seek this crap, the media would not be able to afford this crap. It's like people saying how they don't trust politicians but keep voting the same twats in every cycle.

IP Logged

Child of the Moon
Rocks Off Regular

Plug in, flush out, and
fire the fuckin' feed...

In the timbers of Fennario
Reply #103 - Mar 18th, 2014 at 9:13pm
I only just saw this news today. Jesus... this is just fucking awful. My thoughts and heart go out to her family, friends, and to Mick, as well. I can't begin to know what was going through her head at the time, but as someone who struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts for years, I can say that it really saddens me when someone isn't able to fend off that mental beast. Sad

"[What does God look like?] Probably a very insignificant little creature. Probably invisible. I don't think he needs a look. And I tell you , if he has one, he'd probably look like me."&&&&"[What fantasy do I still have to fulfill?] Fucking God! Ha, ha!"&&&&-Keith Richards&&&&...

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

US
Reply #104 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:37am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583075/Mick-Jaggers-face-etched-grief-A...

The moment Mick heard L'Wren was dead: Jagger's face is etched with grief after hearing 'embarrassed and millions in debt' fashion designer lover had killed herself

Pictures emerge showing Rolling Stones frontman leaving restaurant in Perth, Australia, just after learning of Scott's tragic death

Jagger, 70, appears pale and shaken in the photos which were taken around 11pm local time 

Rolling Stones have now cancelled planned concert in Perth, following Scott's death, which has left her lover 'completely shocked and devastated'
Jagger also confirmed the two, who began dating in 2001, were still very much an item when she took her own life

Fashion designer, 49, was found dead at around 10am Monday in her Manhattan apartment after hanging herself
It was later revealed she was 'embarrassed' about her failing business and owed more than $6million to creditors

ByHelen Powand Candace Sutton

PUBLISHED: 19:01 EST, 17 March 2014 | UPDATED: 10:48 EST, 18 March 2014

IP Logged

sun
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:31am
From The Rolling Stones' Facebook page:

Quote:
Messages from Keith, Charlie and Ronnie on the postponement of the Australia/ New Zealand tour.

Keith Richards:
“No-one saw this coming…Mick’s always been my soul brother and we love him…we’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man…we really hate to disappoint our fans but we’ll see everyone really soon.”

Charlie Watts:
"Needless to say we are all completely shocked but our first thought is to support Mick at this awful time. We intend to come back to Australia and New Zealand as soon as it proves possible.”

Ronnie Wood:
"This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support and help him through this sad time. Without a doubt we intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can."

https://www.facebook.com/therollingstones
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:32am by sun »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #106 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:52am
Nice to see the boys rally behind Mick....who knows how this will affect Mick long term and his desire to continue fronting the band? Can only hope he can find some inner peace with the tragedy after the inner blame I believe all in his position would feel to some extent.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #107 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:07am
gimmekeef wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 10:52am:
Nice to see the boys rally behind Mick....who knows how this will affect Mick long term and his desire to continue fronting the band? Can only hope he can find some inner peace with the tragedy after the inner blame I believe all in his position would feel to some extent.

Well I hope he can find inner peace. But this isn't the first time one of Mick's girlfriend's have tried to harm themselves. Unfortunately, it's the first time one's been successful. The Stones legacy is filled with victims. They always seem to find a way to move on. Not sure that's a good thing and L'Wren had her own issues. But the trail of bodies throughout the Stones entourage through the years is pretty frightening.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #108 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:12am
this is true, although saying that its easy to assume that each incident affects someone the same way each time. Someone's attitude towards other people and life in general is often quite different in their 70's when they have more responsibility and life experience than when they're in their 20's.

... ... ...
IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #109 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:13pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:07am:
But this isn't the first time one of Mick's girlfriend's have tried to harm themselves. Unfortunately, it's the first time one's been successful. The Stones legacy is filled with victims. They always seem to find a way to move on. Not sure that's a good thing and L'Wren had her own issues. But the trail of bodies throughout the Stones entourage through the years is pretty frightening.

I never really thought about it that way. One wonders if it's because of the business they are in or is it the way they treat people or is it simply coincidence? It's an interesting question for another time and one that will likely never get an answer.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #110 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:27pm
This tragedy made me think of Jerry's strenght. About 20 years of her life was spent with MJ, she had 4 of his children, and he disrespected her by having a kid with a Brazilian hottie.  But Jerry kept her outward dignity and cool, kicked his cute ass to the curb, and most importantly, Jerry survived.

RIP L'wren...may the good Lord shine a light on you.  God Bless you.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

munichhilton
Rocks Off Regular

The bell tolls for thee

Texas
Reply #111 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:51pm
Factory Girl wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:27pm:
This tragedy made me think of Jerry's strenght. About 20 years of her life was spent with MJ, she had 4 of his children, and he disrespected her by having a kid with a Brazilian hottie.  But Jerry kept her outward dignity and cool, kicked his cute ass to the curb, and most importantly, Jerry survived.

RIP L'wren...may the good Lord shine a light on you.  God Bless you.

Born and raised Texan...she'll be fine

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #112 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:25pm
I feel somewhat conflicted about still trying to find tix...
No joke

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Angie
Rocks Off Regular

I'm only in it for the
money

Lowlands, baby!!
Reply #113 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:35pm
Egon wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:25pm:
No joke

I know what you mean, me too Sad

Just that demon life.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #114 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 4:54pm
Angie wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 2:35pm:
Egon wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 1:25pm:
No joke

I know what you mean, me too Sad

I think I understand; kind of the way I felt on my way to work this morning.
Satisfaction came on the radio and I turned the channel. I surprised  myself.
Just not in the mood; maybe if it had been Gimme Shelter or a ballad
I would have felt differently.
Everybody handles tragedy differently. I'm surprised at how hard
L'Wren's death has hit me. I probably made more "Lurch" and "Morticia" jokes than anybody over the years.
I just can't stop thinking about her.  It's just so sad to think of someone feeling that the only option left is a noose!!!
Egon and Angie, here's my take. If it were a show in my home state and
Mick went ahead and made the effort to do the show, I'd want to be there
to support him.
The Stones are like a family to us and L'Wren was a part of the family for
a long time.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #115 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:50pm
A quick comment by Charlie on Mick

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #116 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 5:57pm
The Wick wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 12:13pm:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Mar 19th, 2014 at 11:07am:
But this isn't the first time one of Mick's girlfriend's have tried to harm themselves. Unfortunately, it's the first time one's been successful. The Stones legacy is filled with victims. They always seem to find a way to move on. Not sure that's a good thing and L'Wren had her own issues. But the trail of bodies throughout the Stones entourage through the years is pretty frightening.

I never really thought about it that way. One wonders if it's because of the business they are in or is it the way they treat people or is it simply coincidence? It's an interesting question for another time and one that will likely never get an answer.

and if Mich cheated on her, doesn't mean this is why she did this or that he didn't love her… sex and love are not the same… and everything else Gazza said is a ditto…

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #117 - Mar 19th, 2014 at 8:31pm
LJ, I know what you mean.  I haven't been able to stop thinking about L'Wren either.  I had a dear friend in high school whose younger brother took his own life in almost the same way.  To this day no one knows why.  He seemingly had everything in the world to live for and yet he felt that there was nothing.  No note, no explaination, none of the suposed 'signs', nothing.  It seems L'Wren was the same way. 

This isn't even like the old days when people in the Stones circle of friends died.  Most of which were related to drugs or simply wreckless behavior of youth. I hope Mick finds the inner peace he needs and so does everyone else concerned.  And if they were about to play KC I would be there one way or another as a show of support.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #118 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 5:48am
Has Jagger written any songs about L'wren?  RIP.

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #119 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:46am
A lot of people wondering how someone with so much going for them could commit such a desperate act. The answer is simple: Depression does not play favourites. In can strike at anyone, anytime regardless of sex, race, class etc. Many people achieve success either despite the affliction or sometimes because of it, as a desperate attempt to improve their self worth. Think about Kurt Cobain... biggest rock star going at the time, rich, creatively vindicated, married with a beautiful baby and yet the power of Depression to filter out any good and leave only the bad is so strong none of that mattered. With Depression a sunrise is nothing but a sunset waiting to happen.

Some people are wired to stay strong and some people aren't.
The tragedy is when those who are not choose to deal with their issues in isolation rather than reaching out for help.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #120 - Mar 20th, 2014 at 8:12pm
A Stones friend, Katia from Belgium, has asked me to publicise a condolences page for L'wren that she has opened on facebook.

Facebook of Condolences for L'Wren Scott

Feel free to join it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #121 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 6:18am

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #122 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:31pm
i noticed a some posts and a RO regulars posts are all gone…
makes me sad...

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #123 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:15pm
Pdog wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:31pm:
makes me sad...

Although I read some horrendous comments over the past few days, I agree.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #124 - Mar 24th, 2014 at 4:31pm
Pdog wrote on Mar 24th, 2014 at 3:31pm:
makes me sad...

No posts were censored or removed. As explained in the other thread, posts made on Saturday and Sunday disappeared due to the technical issues that were on this forum in the last few days. Out of our control.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)