Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 51
Send Topic Print
ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ (updated !!) (Read 115,178 times)
Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ
Reply #150 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 12:05am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Mary, I seriously wish I could do it for you, but I have no medical insurance and I cant afford to pay the medical bills, take time off work and not earn an income during the time it takes for the transplant and recovery. I hate to sound cheap but I am supporting 2 kids as a single parent, and none of us have insurance. Actually, we havent had insurance for 18 years (because of a pre-existing condition from when my son was born) we were denied coverage. If I was rich I would do it, but I'm not financially set at all, and if any medical attention is needed down the line, I'm sunk. My friend has cancer, and each treatment is over $65,000 and he's been getting treatments for almost a year. The bills are outrageous even with health insurance, he owes a fortune for all the meds, dr and hospital visits, tests and operations he has needed. It's a damn shame. We really need to reform health care in this country, but I bet Obama's plan will get rejected. I hope he succeeds and people like me will be able to afford it. Sorry Mary, I hope you understand. If someone could volunteer pay for all of it, I'll give it to you if we are a match. I just dont see how its possible the way things are for uninsured people such as myself and 40 million others in the same boat. It's so unfair, if we lived in Canada they would pay for everything for a minimal cost (I have a friend there and she says they pay $15.00 for a Dr. visit and thats it) but they often have to wait for an appointment. How much do you expect it will cost, over $100,000? Sorry Mary, I really feel bad bringing up money at a time when you dont care about that, but how can anyone volunteer without asking?

IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #151 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 11:13am
Gazza wrote on Mar 20th, 2010 at 1:39pm:
Both
O+ and O-
blood types can donate to someone who is O+.

37.4% of the US population are type O+ and 6.6% are O-, so thats 44%. If we can get someone in one of those two groups to be accepted as a donor, then we're in business.

In the next couple of days, a few of us are going to set up a Facebook group in order to cast the net further for a donor for Mary. When we do, we'll post the link here and on the other Stones message boards and ask everyone who has Facebook to join it and to invite everyone on THEIR friends list to do likewise. Hopefully by doing that we'll increase the chances of finding a donor and/or finding someone who can help get Mary registered at other transplant facilities.

I believe all us who got a page are well available to do this and much more for Mary.
Its the mininum we may do for her. I will do the best I could to help Mary.
Has to find out the right person for her. Altogether we can make it. It'll works it pretty fine.  Smiley

Girl stay strong. Is this the time which you've really to resist. Go ahead.

...&&...

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #152 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 4:38pm
Bitch wrote on Mar 21st, 2010 at 12:05am:
Mary, I seriously wish I could do it for you, but I have no medical insurance and I cant afford to pay the medical bills, take time off work and not earn an income during the time it takes for the transplant and recovery. I hate to sound cheap but I am supporting 2 kids as a single parent, and none of us have insurance. Actually, we havent had insurance for 18 years (because of a pre-existing condition from when my son was born) we were denied coverage. If I was rich I would do it, but I'm not financially set at all, and if any medical attention is needed down the line, I'm sunk. My friend has cancer, and each treatment is over $65,000 and he's been getting treatments for almost a year. The bills are outrageous even with health insurance, he owes a fortune for all the meds, dr and hospital visits, tests and operations he has needed. It's a damn shame. We really need to reform health care in this country, but I bet Obama's plan will get rejected. I hope he succeeds and people like me will be able to afford it. Sorry Mary, I hope you understand. If someone could volunteer pay for all of it, I'll give it to you if we are a match. I just dont see how its possible the way things are for uninsured people such as myself and 40 million others in the same boat. It's so unfair, if we lived in Canada they would pay for everything for a minimal cost (I have a friend there and she says they pay $15.00 for a Dr. visit and thats it) but they often have to wait for an appointment. How much do you expect it will cost, over $100,000? Sorry Mary, I really feel bad bringing up money at a time when you dont care about that, but how can anyone volunteer without asking?

Thanks, Bitch, for reminding me about this aspect.  Actually, my insurance will cover the surgery, and I'm also willing to replenish any lost wages, should the person have to take time off work with no pay (the recovery time is roughly 6 weeks). I'm also willing to pay for plane fare and incidentals should the donor live some distance away. I have a close friend who, although he cannot be a donor, is willing to help me financially. I know you're supporting two teenaged children as a single parent (with no insurance, to boot) so I wouldn't expect you to volunteer. I thank you for your post, though, and for reminding me to include this information.

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2010 at 4:40pm by GotToRollMe »  

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #153 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 7:49pm
I'm still praying, I know everything will work out.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #154 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:36am
Mary I am willing to donate if someone else can pay for it all! Good health but no money, but I'm lucky for the good health part anyway. It's got to be a super expensive operation, though! Clean lifestyle for me ~ I never took many illegal drugs (unless I was offered free lines but it's been a long time since that happened) never did heroin, tried freebasing only once (I knew it was highly addictive so I never did it again) only drink socially a few times a month, exercise at the gym 3x/week, vegetarian/healthy diet, I dont smoke (only an occasional a puff or 2), I'm not on any prescription drugs and overall I'm in excellent shape for my age! So I think I can do it, if you want to arrange for a Dr visit & lab tests, if someone will offer to pay for all of it (sorry about that part). The good news is Obama's health care plan passed and the insurance companys cant deny for pre-existing conditions, OR put a 'cap' on paying for medical costs. That should work out well for me but I dont think it goes into effect until 2014! We dont have that much time!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #155 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 11:06am
Wonderful offer and gesture, Ellen. Hope something can come out of it. Are you a compatible blood type?

The fact that the two of you live in the same state is a bonus too.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #156 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 11:22am
God Bless you Ellen!!!

I ASK EVERYONE WHO CAN HELP US WITH OUR FACEBOOK EFFORTS TO PLEASE DO SO. WE WILL LET YOU KNOW SHORTLY WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Thank you.
LJ.

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #157 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 3:43pm
Fantastic news.  You, bitch, may very well be the ray of sunshine that was needed.  I detect the sweet aroma of hope in the air.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #158 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 4:55pm
The facebook group has now been set up.

We would ask all of you who are Facebook members to join up, and those who dont to consider joining facebook and doing so.

The link is here - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=106457062716862  (the link only works if you're a FB member)

If you have a problem with the link a search will find the page - the group name is 'Please Help Our Friend Mary Find A Liver Donor'

Please get the word spread around some more by then inviting the rest of your facebook friends to join, and asking them to do the same to the people on THEIR list, if possible.

We would also ask you to post a message on the 'Whats on Your Mind?' and 'Write something about yourself' parts of your profile page alerting anyone who looks at your profile to this group and asking them to join up, and at least leave it there for a few days if you can.

Additionally, if the info can be posted on other boards too, that would be most helpful.

Thanks everyone.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2010 at 4:42pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #159 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 7:44pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 11:06am:
Wonderful offer and gesture, Ellen. Hope something can come out of it. Are you a compatible blood type?

Oh there is hope in New Jersey.  Can't think of better word"s than Gazza's ,Ellen!!!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #160 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 8:02pm
It's on Shidoobee but I'm having trouble getting the entire link to post so I've asked for Doug's help.
We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great work Gazza!!!!!

UPDATE: DOUG GOT THE LINK UP AND WORKING. THANKS MY FRIEND! SHIDOOBEE!!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:15pm by LadyJane »  

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #161 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:23pm
Bitch wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:36am:
Mary I am willing to donate if someone else can pay for it all! Good health but no money, but I'm lucky for the good health part anyway. It's got to be a super expensive operation, though! Clean lifestyle for me ~ I never took many illegal drugs (unless I was offered free lines but it's been a long time since that happened) never did heroin, tried freebasing only once (I knew it was highly addictive so I never did it again) only drink socially a few times a month, exercise at the gym 3x/week, vegetarian/healthy diet, I dont smoke (only an occasional a puff or 2), I'm not on any prescription drugs and overall I'm in excellent shape for my age! So I think I can do it, if you want to arrange for a Dr visit & lab tests, if someone will offer to pay for all of it (sorry about that part). The good news is Obama's health care plan passed and the insurance companys cant deny for pre-existing conditions, OR put a 'cap' on paying for medical costs. That should work out well for me but I dont think it goes into effect until 2014! We dont have that much time!

Bitch, I always knew you were a stand-up gal, but you just knocked my socks off. I've PM'ed you with some info about where I'm at now, and also links to information about the surgery. Whether we wind up sharing livers or not, you'll always be VERY special to me. Bless your Stones-lovin' heart!

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #162 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:33pm
Gazza wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 4:55pm:
The facebook group has now been set up.

We would ask all of you who are Facebook members to join up, and those who dont to consider joining facebook and doing so.

The link is here - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=106457062716862  (the link only works if you're a FB member)

If you have a problem with the link a search will find the page - the group name is 'Please Help Our Friend Mary Find A Liver Donor'

Please get the word spread around some more by then inviting the rest of your facebook friends to join, and asking them to do the same to the people on THEIR list, if possible.

We would also ask you to post a message on the 'Whats on Your Mind?' and 'Write something about yourself' parts of your profile page alerting anyone who looks at your profile to this group and asking them to join up, and at least leave it there for a few days if you can.

Additionally, if the info can be posted on other boards too, that would be most helpful.

Thanks everyone.

Gary, you have single-handedly done more for me than anyone as far as getting the word out, and you've also been a GREAT friend to me. I'm overwhelmed by this. Bless you and the good people who've helped you with this Facebook page.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #163 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:35pm
PartyDoll MEG wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 7:44pm:

Oh there is hope in New Jersey.  Can't think of better word"s than Gazza's ,Ellen!!!

Hope in New Joisey - now THAT's a concept!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:42pm by GotToRollMe »  

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #164 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:44pm
LadyJane wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 8:02pm:
It's on Shidoobee but I'm having trouble getting the entire link to post so I've asked for Doug's help.
We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great work Gazza!!!!!

UPDATE: DOUG GOT THE LINK UP AND WORKING. THANKS MY FRIEND! SHIDOOBEE!!!!

You, my friend, are my SPECIAL angel. ...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #165 - Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:58pm
GotToRollMe wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:35pm:

Oh there is hope in New Jersey.  Can't think of better word"s than Gazza's ,Ellen!!!

Well New Jersey is the Land of Hope and Dreams Smiley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXGNq2-S06I

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #166 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 2:49am
This is great news!  Hopefully you two are a match and all goes perfectly!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #167 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 7:55am
Thanks to everyone who signed up so far.

We would continue to encourage people to do so and not be complacent.

Whilst it's great that Ellen (Bitch) has kindly offered her help, there's still no guarantee that any potential donor will definitely be accepted as there would be a series of tests and evaluations to go through. It's therefore essential that we have as many options for Mary to fall back on as we can possibly get, in the event of any setbacks.

Please note that signing up doesn't necesarily mean that you're making some kind of physical or personal commitment, it's more about making as many people as possible aware that our friend needs help and hopefully someone out there that YOU know will be in a position to do something.

Keep spreading the word, folks and ask your friends to do the same.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #168 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 9:49am
GotToRollMe wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 9:35pm:

Jersey girls rock! Mary I sent you an email. Let me know when. And is anyone volunteering to help with the medical expenses? Maybe that should be an option on the Facebook link, requesting monetary donations to help fund this thing. Last time I went to a specialist they charged $800.00 for a five minute examination, so my biggest fear is that it's going to end up costing a fortune, creating deep debt that's impossible to get out of. Maybe somebody reading this works for an insurance company and they can advise us about getting coverage. Anyone reading this in the health insurance business? If I can get insurance coverage now, before we go ahead with this, that would be the best way to go. If we start doing anything before I get insurance coverage, than it becomes a pre-existing condition and it wont be covered. Can someone in the insurance/medical field explain how this works please? Thanks.   

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #169 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 9:48am
We've got about 230 members in the Facebook group but WE NEED MORE!!
Please follow the link and help us get the word out!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=106457062716862

Thanks,
LJ.

IP Logged

oldtimer
Rocks Off Regular

Dance like nobody is watching

Reply #170 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 5:26pm
between us and sdb, surely we can do this!!! i am very proud of our community right now.  you guys rock! i am o- blood type but i have hep c....dammit!

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #171 - Mar 27th, 2010 at 7:25pm

You guys are the BEST. It blows my mind that you've done this for me. Gazza, you've been my most ardent champion, and there have been times when you really picked me up when I was down. I'm really touched by the time and effiort you've put into this. All the people who helped get this together along with Gazza - LJ, SV, Jo, and Meg - I don't take a bit of this for granted and am grateful to all of you.

IP Logged

keefchik
Rocks Off Regular

NEW JERSEY
Reply #172 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 11:29am
ah i have hep-c too, hope you get what you need...

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #173 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:02pm
I check this thread each day to see if the search is over and a compatible donor has been found.

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #174 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 11:38pm
Ginda wrote on Apr 6th, 2010 at 8:02pm:
I check this thread each day to see if the search is over and a compatible donor has been found.  

Me 2  I feel so helpless. I have to rely on prayer.

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 51
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)