Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 51
Send Topic Print
ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ (updated !!) (Read 115,230 times)
erikjjf
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Sweden
Re: ASKING FOR YOUR HELP - PLEASE READ (updated !!
Reply #1125 - May 9th, 2013 at 12:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Rest in peace, Mary.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1126 - May 9th, 2013 at 1:18pm
Rest easy Mary. Sorry to hear about this news during my daily lurk here at RO. I always wanted the chance to meet her at an upcoming show. She fought long and hard.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #1127 - May 9th, 2013 at 1:37pm
RIP  Mary

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Steel Wheels
Rocks Off Regular

Much love and support
to my dear friend Mary!

2,000 Light Years From Home
Reply #1128 - May 9th, 2013 at 2:11pm
What a beautiful, beautiful friend. Mary was wise beyond her years and had a very caring heart for everyone around her. She loved her Mother so much.

As for me...she totally got me from the beginning-she understood my crazy love for this band and she shared it too. She understood the power of the band's music; how it can help and heal and make you smile, make you cry, and make you dance like you've never danced before. This music is in our bones and in our souls. The Rolling Stones are our band and it was great fun to share the love between us. She is a true fan and I type that with a big smile on my face. Mary is rock and roll.

Well my friend, I'll be dancing and singing in Philly with you in my heart at both shows.

Rest in Peace.

Much love,
Steel Wheels

p.s. Turn this up loud and shake a tail feather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tree5fCcPXY

I LIVE FOR THE ROLLING STONES!
Devoted Stones fan since time began. SMILE. THE ROLLING STONES ARE HERE.

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1129 - May 9th, 2013 at 2:32pm
Didn't know her but this is awful. My condolences to her family and friends.

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #1130 - May 9th, 2013 at 3:01pm
JUST AWFUL..MY CONDOLENCES TO ALL OF YOU WHO KNEW HER PERSONALLY.
REST IN PEACE, MARY.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #1131 - May 9th, 2013 at 3:29pm
Last time I saw Mary in March she told me take her debit card and go get all of her money so she could give it to me, she said she wouldnt be needing it anymore. I natrually told her no, you will need it after you are feeling better, but deep down inside I think she knew she would never be getting better. I feel so badly for her, she suffered very much in the past year or so. I guess this is for the best, her life was in Gods hands, and when your number is up, its up, and hers is up today. I will NEVER be able to hear TUMBLING DICE again without thinking of our Mary, our GOT TO ROLL ME. I'm gonna miss you MARY! RIP my friend!

And Mary always spoke highly of our Rocks Off Community, we kept her going, she enjoyed us as cyber friends and real life friends, so thanks to everyone for the extended friendship and generosity that helped her along.  

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 3:32pm by Bitch »  

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #1132 - May 9th, 2013 at 4:32pm
Steel Wheels wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 2:11pm:
What a beautiful, beautiful friend. Mary was wise beyond her years and had a very caring heart for everyone around her. She loved her Mother so much.

As for me...she totally got me from the beginning-she understood my crazy love for this band and she shared it too. She understood the power of the band's music; how it can help and heal and make you smile, make you cry, and make you dance like you've never danced before. This music is in our bones and in our souls. The Rolling Stones are our band and it was great fun to share the love between us. She is a true fan and I type that with a big smile on my face. Mary is rock and roll.

Well my friend, I'll be dancing and singing in Philly with you in my heart at both shows.

Rest in Peace.

Much love,
Steel Wheels

p.s. Turn this up loud and shake a tail feather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tree5fCcPXY

So well said, SW. See you in Philly and we will toast our friend.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1133 - May 9th, 2013 at 5:46pm
Just spoke to Mary's mum a few minutes ago. What a courageous and brave lady she is. I'm so glad that I got to speak to her on Tuesday evening and tell her to send Mary my love, because when she did so yesterday afternoon, Mary - despite slipping in and out of consciousness and not having been able to see for a couple of weeks - managed to turn to her mum and look right at her acknowledging what she'd just said.

Mary's funeral will be on Monday. They've decided to play 'Shine a Light' at the ceremony, which is a nice touch. Her mum loves the song also.  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #1134 - May 9th, 2013 at 6:17pm
SweetVirginia wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 9:49am:
SCL, Mary passed at 2am NY time, so I'm thinking she might have joined you in the pit for encore last night.

By my reckoning, during 'You cant always get what you want', so you're probably right.

The Stones also played 'No Expectations' last night which was a very poignant and ironic choice. Even more so because the last time they did so was at the show in Lisbon in 2007 which I attended with her and which was also the day we first met.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1135 - May 9th, 2013 at 6:51pm
Gazza wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 5:46pm:
Just spoke to Mary's mum a few minutes ago. What a courageous and brave lady she is. I'm so glad that I got to speak to her on Tuesday evening and tell her to send Mary my love, because when she did so yesterday afternoon, Mary - despite slipping in and out of consciousness and not having been able to see for a couple of weeks - managed to turn to her mum and look right at her acknowledging what she'd just said.

Mary's funeral will be on Monday. They've decided to play 'Shine a Light' at the ceremony, which is a nice touch. Her mum loves the song also.  

Very sweet.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #1136 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:15pm
Very sad news indeed and commiserations to all those of you who knew her personally.

Off the Board she and I exchanged the occasional email and I am pleased to say she was a friend if only a long distance one.

imho her posts about the stones particularly and music generally displayed an understanding and embodiment of the spirit of rock and roll that was second to none, a fact which showed up in spades in Gazza's recounting of their adventures in '06.

Goodbye my friend.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2013 at 7:21pm by stonedinaustralia »  

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1137 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:53pm
Sad news.  Was nice seeing all her friends from RO rally around her over the last year or longer.  You can make great friends over the internet, who would have thought that years ago?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Mr. Yeats
Rocks Off Regular

Nothing beats fun for
a good time.

Reply #1138 - May 9th, 2013 at 8:13pm
It was an awful and strange feeling to hear of Mary's death today. After so many ups and downs in her ordeal, I actually did think she would get reasonably healthy and functioning again.
I didn' t know her, but would have very much liked to, at the very least chat on the phone or whatnot. When I first registered here (actually the second time, after the "crash" or whatever), she was one of the first and few posters to respond to me, and did so in a friendly, knowing and knowledgable way. I still remember the post: it was on the "what are you listening to now?" thread. I said Lou Reed's 'Blue Mask' album and raved about guitarist Robert Quine. She said "oh, aye. I recall seeing Quine with Richard Hell and the Voidoids many a time in NYC". And then said this to me: "You're a man after my own heart, Mr. Yeats". Oh really? Well, then...seems like my kind of people. And a girl! Single perhaps...?
And then more recently to see some pictures of her: that red hair, the very particular way she's crossing her legs in the photo with her other Rocks Off mates where she's giving the finger; the couple pics where you can see her green eyes (fuck the shades). My impression was that we were both of approximately the same age, had similar musical tastes, possibly similar backgrounds. She seemed so smart. She seemed to take no guff. She seemed to have a big heart and humor.

And then came this thread.

I don't take death well. I've experienced quite a few family and very, very close friends dying from various causes in the last ten very short years. I should be getting used to it. Rather, it throws me for a loop every time. I'll spare the details, but one thing is I seem to, often, get angry. And Mary's death has struck that chord in me. Please tell me to shut up, calm down, whatever, but I'd like to know how, after surviving two liver transplants (the second apparently successful), a hip replacement can cause blindness and then death. An infection? With a battery of doctors, nurses, social workers in two states?...In the year 2013? With people from at least two continents assisting, encouraging and advocating for her?
What the fuck is this?
None of my business - I understand. And Lady Jane, Gazza, Bitch, VooDoo, Gimmekeef, and many other beautiful people on this board - you've shown yourselves to be of the very highest order of human development. The very best of what our species is, or can be.

But still: how in fucks name do you die from a a fucked up hip while surrounded by North American medical personel?

I am sorry to rave. I am sorry for Mary, I am sorry for Mary's mum. I am sorry to and for all of you who were her friends.

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated...As therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come: so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness....No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
- John Donne

Sleep well Mary.

Here comes everybody.

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #1139 - May 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm
Mr. Yeats, you are aptly named. Poetic thoughts.

I don't want to violate Mary's privacy, but what I can tell you is that this is a very fucked up medical system. Mary qualified for Social Security Disability and Medicaid and got some very expensive procedures and for a while some good health care... But the system let her down. As she transferred back from FL where livers were more available, she seemed to fall through the medical cracks. In desperation she went ba k to FL to try to reconnect with her doctor there and it was there that they diagnosed the need for a hip transplant. Then we find out that Medicaid was out of money for this fiscal year and no more operations could be approved till July 2013. She was in excruciating pain, unable to take pain meds, and was told that in a few months maybe she could get on a hip replacement list.

And the eyesight thing came about, we think, as a result of neurological damage. All of this in the USA where I thought my tax dollars helped those who did not have the means for private insurance.

I visited her in FL in February at the Medicaid nursing home where she was stuck trying to recouperate enought to go home to Jersey. It was not a pretty place.

I am ashamed of American healthcare programs. My friend did not deserve this buerocratic bullshit.

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1140 - May 10th, 2013 at 12:14am
SweetVirginia wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm:

I don't want to violate Mary's privacy, but what I can tell you is that this is a very fucked up medical system. Mary qualified for Social Security Disability and Medicaid and got some very expensive procedures and for a while some good health care... But the system let her down. As she transferred back from FL where livers were more available, she seemed to fall through the medical cracks. In desperation she went ba k to FL to try to reconnect with her doctor there and it was there that they diagnosed the need for a hip transplant. Then we find out that Medicaid was out of money for this fiscal year and no more operations could be approved till July 2013. She was in excruciating pain, unable to take pain meds, and was told that in a few months maybe she could get on a hip replacement list.

And the eyesight thing came about, we think, as a result of neurological damage. All of this in the USA where I thought my tax dollars helped those who did not have the means for private insurance.

I visited her in FL in February at the Medicaid nursing home where she was stuck trying to recouperate enought to go home to Jersey. It was not a pretty place.

I am ashamed of American healthcare programs. My friend did not deserve this buerocratic bullshit.

I was afraid that was the case. Still,no easy answers or solutions to the problem.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #1141 - May 10th, 2013 at 4:34am
Thank you Mary, for making my life better!

...&&&&...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #1142 - May 10th, 2013 at 5:21am
SweetVirginia wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 8:45pm:

Perfectly stated SV.
She really did fall victim to a very broken system and because of it endured more pain and suffering than anyone deserves.
She was stronger and braver than I ever could have been.
All she wanted was her life back and to take care of her Mother.

Here is the link to Funeral Home:

http://www.sweeneyfuneralhomebayonne.com/obituary_entry.php?entry=http://www.end...

IP Logged

LanternHigh
Rocks Off Regular

Italy
Reply #1143 - May 10th, 2013 at 5:28am
Goodbye Little Rock n Roller. You will never forgetten.  But I miss you xx  A last huge hug from me.

...&&...
https://www.facebook.com/  
IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #1144 - May 10th, 2013 at 6:24am
Gazza wrote on May 9th, 2013 at 5:46pm:

I have a hard time believing there will be a dry eye when Billy's piano kicks off.

From what I've gathered and seen posted, as big and soulful a Stones fan there was. RIP Mary.

IP Logged

CS
Rocks Off Regular

Hell
Reply #1145 - May 10th, 2013 at 6:39am
RIP Sweet Mary rock in heaven  Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

IP Logged

Tom
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #1146 - May 10th, 2013 at 7:50am
I'm really very saddened to read about Mary's passing, she was my friend

Rocks Off lost a gem

you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

Fabio Hot Stuff
Rocks Off Regular

http://yayasout.blog
spot.it/

Roma Italy
Reply #1147 - May 10th, 2013 at 8:56am
I was so sure to be able to meet her one day flying to USA.
Since we were chatting I've been quickly realized she was the kind of person very close to me in many aspects... as personality, dreams, way of life. we never meet each other but simply we were close, I don't know, maybe it's a sort of alchemy, symphaty, or simply the natural feeling between  persons.
Really sadness, she wasn't a Stones fan only, I'm sure Mary is / was a beautiful person.
as SweetVirginia said to me, it's horrible to find out by seeing the candle at Rocks Off...
all my love for you Mary
Ciao Fabio

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1148 - May 10th, 2013 at 12:26pm
what? americans suffering because of a f*cked up health care system? couldn't be....

at least we have 11 air craft carriers and thousands of fighter planes to protect us in case nazi germany or imperial japan come back.

i'm so glad we live in a country that spends about $700 billion a year on defense.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1149 - May 10th, 2013 at 5:48pm
Since she was in agony and until now I can’t express how I feel about the whole thing, Gazza told me the day before she passed that there was no hope for Mary and that the doctors said that she may not live through the day as they can't do anything more for her.

Since then I’m in shock, devastated.

Mary was my friend, a real friend

That day I almost cried my friends but now reading your very touching words made the tear drop fall, I’m writing with wet eyes

This is the time when we can see there are real people behind our strange usernames, we’re not just words to read, we’re not just fans posting news and documenting the Rolling Stones trajectory, we are real people, we are real friends, we are a real community, small but big, you know what I mean

About Mary the only thing I can tell you people is that I loved her and I love her, she will always be part of me, we talked a lot not just of stones, but Jimi, rock, life, etc

Love you kiddo, rest in peace babe

This is our song, you and I know it, only you and I... let’s sing it Mary

...and the wind whispers Mary
...the wind cries Mary
...the wind screams Mary

Yours forever

“El voodoo”
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2013 at 5:57pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 51
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)