Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Empower Field Mile High, Denver CO, June 20, 2024 © smimbrera (from Rocks Off in Spanish)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Happy Birthday David Bowie. (Read 1,985 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Happy Birthday David Bowie.
Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:01am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Along with the King, is another King of Glam Rock, Bowie, he has the same Birthday as Elvis, today he's 63.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:15am by Heart Of Stone »  

Thin_White_Duke_from_side_of_stage.jpg (Attachment deleted)

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Lantern_High
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Happy Birthday David Bowie.
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:21am

Happy Birthday David! Still long life and rocking on
Let's go get drunk Smiley
have you saw him HOS? Maybe once you'd say yes.

...&&...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 10:42am
Lantern_High wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:21am:

Happy Birthday David! Still long life and rocking on
Let's go get drunk Smiley
have you saw him HOS? Maybe once you'd say yes.

Yes, I saw him twice in the 70's, Station To Station Thin White Duke tour '76 & Heroes '78 tour, the Station To Station tour was really something else, totally different at the time, stark white light like a Cabaret pre-Nazi Germany stage, he came out like somebody from the 1940's, at the time rock & roll was long hair & jeans, he used some what the same on the Heroes tour as far as the stage lighting goes.

Thin_White_Duke_elegant.jpg (Attachment deleted)

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:16am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:18am by Gimme Shelter »  

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:27am
WE MISS YOU!!!

you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:50am
Happy Birthday David! I have to tell my "I met Bowie" story! It's an oldie but goodie. Remember his hit song Scary Monsters? Well the Philly radio station WMMR hosted a Halloween party with Bowie as the guest of honor and it was right around the time of Scary Monster getting alot of air play. I guess it was 1979? My friend Cate got us 2 tickets to the Halloweeen Masquerade Scary Monster Ball because she knew the DJ and she was really hot looking, popular and a party girl. So we dressed up into some really cool punk rock dresses, wild hairdos, super cool sunglasses and went to the party. It was at a large, upscale disco, expensive looking, decorated with ice sculptures and champagne fountains and really elegant food. Bowie was there, center of attention, in a leotard type silver costume with a low cut open scoop neck so you could see his naked chest. He was wearing lots of eye make up and he looked fvcking hot! And he was surrounded by beautiful men, many with nipple rings and lots of piercings and tatoos. Remember, this was before piercings and tatoos were popular, not as they are today. There were several men around Bowie with neck leashes and bondage costumes, nipple chains, and it was high sexuality on display! Bowie was in action chatting up men! Cate and I inched closer to him until we got up close enough to say hello and we are big fans. He was hardly interested in us, and even Cate who had a spectacular DD body and gorgeous face didnt get as much as a second look from him. He was smiling and happy, but it was clear that he was more interested in the kinky gorgeous sexy men who were circled around him. I never saw anything like it before or after that night! Bowie music blared loud from the speakers, disco ball lights, dirty dancing on the dance floor, it was so much fun! We got to meet him but he was hardly attentive, his mind was wandering and he was totally involved in the party scene. Late night, at 3 AM they closed the party down, and Bowie was long gone, he left around midnight after singing Scary Monsters with the DJ  along with the record. Cool! I love Bowie!
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2010 at 10:11am by Bitch »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #6 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 12:04pm
Bitch wrote on Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:50am:
Happy Birthday David! I have to tell my "I met Bowie" story! It's an oldie but goodie. Remember his hit song Scary Monsters? Well the Philly radio station WMMR hosted a Halloween party with Bowie as the guest of honor and it was right around the time of Scary Monster getting alot of air play. I guess it was 1979? My friend Cate got us 2 tickets to the Halloweeen Masquerade Scary Monster Ball because she knew the DJ and she was really hot looking, popular and a party girl. So we dressed up into some really cool punk rock dresses, wild hairdos, super cool sunglasses and went to the party. It was at a large, upscale disco, expensive looking, decorated with ice sculptures and champagne fountains and really elegant food. Bowie was there, center of attention, in a leotard type silver costume with a low cut open scoop neck so you could see his naked chest. He was wearing lots of eye make up and he looked fvcking hot! And he was surrounded by beautiful men, many with nipple rings and lots of piercings and tatoos. Remember, this was before piercings and tatoos were popular, not as they are today. There were several men around Bowie with neck leashes and bondage costumes, nipple chains, and it was high sexuality on display! Bowie was in action chatting up men! Cate and I inched closer to him until we got up close enough to say hello and we are big fans. He was hardly interested in us, and even Cate who had a spectacular DD body and gorgeous face didnt get as much as a second look from him. He was smiling and happy, but it was clear that he was more interested in the kinky gorgeous sexy men who were circled around him. I never saw anything like it before or after that night! Bowie music blared loud from the speakers, disco ball lights, dirty dancing on the dance floor, it was so much fun! We got to meet him but he was hardly attentive, his mind was wandering and he was totally involved in the party scene. Late night, at 3 AM they closed the party down, and Bowie was long gone, he left around midnight after singing Scary Monsters with the DJ  along with the record. Cool! I love Bowie!

great story!!! sadly i had no nipple rings back in 79.............

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #7 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 7:08pm
I HAD NEVER SEEN MEN WITH NIPPLE RINGS! I was almost in a State of Shock!

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #8 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 9:13pm
Happy Birthday Thin White Duke!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #9 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:18pm
someday, i'll be in a tribute band that does "queen bitch".

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #10 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 8:42pm
Starbuck wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:18pm:
someday, i'll be in a tribute band that does "queen bitch".

And I'll be there cheering you on!

IP Logged

Boomy
Rocks Off Regular

Indiana
David Bowie
Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 10:18am
Has anybody picked up the cd set of the Reality Tour that just came out this week? I have the dvd and I'll probably pick this up some time.

Just wondering if anybody got it.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2010 at 4:27pm
Happy Birthday thin white one! There's a great A-Z of David Bowie here:

http://www.nme.com/photos/a-z-of-david-bowie/163865/1/1

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)