Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Empower Field Mile High, Denver CO, June 20, 2024 © Helen H. Richardson/The Denver Post (fire by Voodoo)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
L'Wren's Spring 2010 collection (Read 10,637 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Rocks Off Regular

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: L'Wren's Spring 2010 collection
Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 3:51pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #26 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 3:56pm
SweetVirginia wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 3:41pm:
Meanwhile, Ralph Lauren released this laughable photoshopped pic of a skinny model
who evidently wasn't quite skinny enough. So they stretched parts of her using Photoshop
until her arms and legs look like sticks and her head is nearly the size of her torso.

Great message to send young women. Wonderful look to which they can aspire.  Angry

Absolutely disgusting.
Looks like a Holocaust survivor.

LJ.

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #27 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:06pm
I really like L'wren.....seems classy and Jagger looks happier than he ever has - no drama, just two people who respect each other without all the bullshit.
And Drew's dress is gorgeous....

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #28 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:31pm
God, just think what people during the Renaissance would have thought of the poor girl, she looks like a total freak of nature, reminds me of those weird deformed mirrors in old amusement arcades that make you either look 3 feet high and fat or 9 feet high and skinny, would be funny, if there wasn't the really serious aspect of young girls not eating or puking everything back to attain such a figure....

Very strange , all these beauty fetishes... Fashion designers use girls who look like stick-insects because they say that they make their clothes look good. Ok. That must be why they adapted their sizes and shrunk and shrunk them over the years to make women believe they are getting smaller.
Talking about jeans sizes, I'm a size 8 at Next (aimed at youngish women), a size 10 at Marks& Spencers (aims more towards youngish-to-middleaged), a size 12 at Jack Wills (aimed at teenagers), a size 4 or 6 at GAP (what am I? 8 years old? are American clothes designers nuts?), a 38-40 in France, and a normal size 30 " waist for Levi's, if they are the low-slung ones that just sit on the hip, then probably a 32". If I wasn't the age I am and actually still gave a shit, it would freak me out.

And the global obsession with being a size zero hasn't always been like this, and isn't necessarily like this all over the world. Someone from Morocco once told me that in a lot of small villages, men like quite ample ladies. When a young bride gets ready to get married, she actually gets fattened up like a Thanksgiving turkey. She is taken away into a special bridal hut and lays on her back most of the day while she is being fed uninterrupted all day long and her skin is massaged , and allegedly she even gets oil enemas to increase the body's caloric intake and her weight gain. Go figure!

Oil enema, anyone? Ouch!
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:36pm by jostorm »  

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #29 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:38pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 3:51pm:

I'm not surprised, her head is indeed bigger than her hips  Grin

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #30 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:39pm
jostorm wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:31pm:
When a young bride gets ready to get married, fattened up like a Thanksgiving turkey. She is taken away into a hut and lays on her back while she is being fed all day long and her skin is massaged massaged, and allegedly even gets oil enemas to increase the body's caloric intake and her weight gain. Go figure!

Oil enema, anyone? Ouch!

Funny!  I thought men these days like a little meat on the bone.  I know that as I've aged, I like my women a little thicker.  Oil enema sounds a bit greasy, but i'd take as many massages as possible.

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #31 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:45pm
StPeteStone wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:39pm:
jostorm wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 4:31pm:
When a young bride gets ready to get married, fattened up like a Thanksgiving turkey. She is taken away into a hut and lays on her back while she is being fed all day long and her skin is massaged massaged, and allegedly even gets oil enemas to increase the body's caloric intake and her weight gain. Go figure!

Oil enema, anyone? Ouch!

Funny!  I thought men these days like a little meat on the bone.  I know that as I've aged, I like my women a little thicker.  Oil enema sounds a bit greasy, but i'd take as many massages as possible.

funny! we'll allow it as long as you post another one of those girls with an ample booty, just make sure she's wearing something tasteful, chic and classy, after all this is LJ's "fashion corner"....

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #32 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 8:08pm
CORRECTION Jo..it's RO's fashion corner!!! Wink

SV posted this in another thread but it's surely relevant here:

IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #33 - Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:30pm
Georgia appears on the November cover of British Vogue.
Cover & editorial images were shot by Mario Testino

... ...

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #34 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:16am
SweetVirginia wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 10:30pm:
... ...

She has the vacuous look down to a "T". Doubt she had to work very hard on getting it just right, with those Jerry Hall genes.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Lantern_Ruby
Rocks Off Regular

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive
Le Roi

Reply #35 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:29am
Take a look, dont seem a twin/sister of her mom? GTR you're right. But thanks to LJ and SV for this thread. It's a somehow the feminine ROs side and plus fashion, a little space for us women.

She's a nice girl but too younger I think, havent to be hard her work, you know.. DNA.. smoking more weed is good for your health

Alea iacta est.&&Honni soit qui mal y pense&&...

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:14am
LadyJane wrote on Oct 8th, 2009 at 8:08pm:
CORRECTION Jo..it's RO's fashion corner!!! Wink

SV posted this in another thread but it's surely relevant here:

Well, I stand corrected, LJ   Smiley

Sorry about not looking in any earlier, it is always soooooooooooooooo annoying when work
takes me away from the really important things in life, like fashion.....

I really like this advert (especially the hudson videos), shame about the prices, as I wouldn't make a habit of paying 180£ for a pair of jeans. When I see girls like her with their beautiful bodies (I guess we were all pretty much like that at 17?) I think how unfair life is. When you're young and gorgeous you're not aware of it and very insecure, and when you grow old enough to finally know the power of your equipment, the equipment starts malfunctioning and sagging...soooooo unfair......

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:17am

... ...

Wow! Is it my imagination, or is this girl in a different class from her sister Lizzie? I can't remember if she was equally successful at that age, but it may just be my dreadful memory........

She's certainly "different" enough to really make it in the fashion world. Can't say I envy her, though, it must be very demoralising
to always move within a world in which you get constantly judged and possibly rejected by your looks, where WHO you really are doesn't matter...

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #38 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:18am
No need to thank us Lantern. I'm thrilled to see this thread getting some action!!!
With no Stones news and the venomous Political thread, we are desperate for something new, different and NOT nasty.

Men are welcome too!!!!

I think Georgia is gorgeous and I'm not at all bothered by her age but couldn't Testino have asked for some variety of poses?? Then again, based on these shots from the May '09 issue of Russian vogue, it appears Miss Jagger has ONE look and ONE only!

LJ.

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #39 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:19am
GotToRollMe wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 9:16am:
... ...

She has the vacuous look down to a "T". Doubt she had to work very hard on getting it just right, with those Jerry Hall genes.

Funny, how men like the Stones all paired up with women in that "vacuous" profession. Although Charlie's wife is more "real" I suppose...

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:22am
LadyJane wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:18am:
No need to thank us Lantern. I'm thrilled to see this thread getting some action!!!
With no Stones news and the venomous Political thread, we are desperate for something new, different and NOT nasty.

Men are welcome too!!!!

I think Georgia is gorgeous and I'm not at all bothered by her age but couldn't Testino have asked for some variety of poses?? Then again, based on these shots from the May '09 issue of Russian vogue, it appears Miss Jagger has ONE look and ONE only!

LJ.

Don't know much about the psychology of why women have to look this way to sell a product, do you? 

« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:24am by jostorm »  

IP Logged

Lantern_Ruby
Rocks Off Regular

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive
Le Roi

Reply #41 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:31am
LadyJane wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:18am:

Men are welcome too!!!!

LJ.

No LJ,  I like the fashin also yes, I too think that 180$ is a crazy thing for a couple of jeans.
But wait, here also in any boutique, they are very expensive. Without they are as I call be 'griffed' that is with the signiture; and is true, wit no one news of theStones coming out.. but I like your thread.
And where are the guys? Just STPete has comes here, or am I wrong?

I like her, but 17 is just still a sweet age to understand, Im agreed with you. The pic is awesome thanks

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #42 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:49am
Lizzie and Georgia.

Georgia has a "softer" look and is, imo, traditionally "prettier" than her older Sis. Lizzie has a more exotic look.

LJ.

IP Logged

Lantern_Ruby
Rocks Off Regular

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive
Le Roi

Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:27am
LadyJane wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 10:49am:
Lizzie and Geor

Georgia has a "softer" look and is, imo, traditionally "prettier" than her older Sis. Lizzie has a more exotic look.

LJ.

Lizzie is really more mysterious. She's got charme. Thax LJ Smiley

And StPete this is absolute nice. An exotic Beyoncè; agree with Irina, she is gorgeous.

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2009 at 6:26am by Lantern_Ruby »  

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 12:04pm
I personally think that Georgia still looks like a little girl. She's cute, and she will most likely turn into a complete POA in the near future, but she still looks a tad young for my tastes. However, I do think that perhaps a Nobel Peace prize in her future!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #45 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:48pm
I think this girl might be around a minute.

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:34pm
This must be a first for you, StPeteStone, or have you already posted a picture of a fully-clothed, beautiful girl with an ample bottom on RO before???? Did I blink and miss it?
taylor made smile

I think Beyonce is absolutely gorgeous, from head to toe.

IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #47 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:42pm
After looking at Beyonce's dresses: the green one is lovely. The one she is wearing at the Oscars I like less, it makes her look oddly shaped, considering she is so statuesque. I think that the one in the middle makes her look like she just got chosen for the leading role for the X-rated adult version of the children's movie "James and the Giant Peach"...

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #48 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:00pm
jostorm wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:34pm:
This must be a first for you, StPeteStone, or have you already posted a picture of a fully-clothed, beautiful girl with an ample bottom on RO before???? Did I blink and miss it?
taylor made smile

I think Beyonce is absolutely gorgeous, from head to toe.

Eh, maybe a couple...I did actually post this one recently.   I think it's a real cool pic.

&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #49 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 6:03pm
jostorm wrote on Oct 9th, 2009 at 5:42pm:
  I think that the one in the middle makes her look like she just got chosen for the leading role for the X-rated adult version of the children's movie "James and the Giant Peach"...

really?

&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)