Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
David Letterman ......... ( Stones Content )   (Read 5,362 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: David Letterman ......... ( Stones Content )  
Reply #25 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:36pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
He might be the biggest asshole on TV but that aint gettin me to watch that putrid new Leno crap.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #26 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:59pm
Joey wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:23pm:
" The woman at the center of all this is Stephanie Burkett. The one who would always appear with him and hold thes prizes when he did stump the band or know your current events.  "

... !!!!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/10/exclusive-details-woman-center-let...

That's the one. Joey I always knew they were getting it on. They just had that look. Who stole this one? (Seriously)

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Portland, OR
Reply #27 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:00pm
Riffhard wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:27pm:
Starbuck wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:12pm:
Riffhard wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 3:31pm:
What a two faced, hypocrite Dave is! It couldn't have happened to a more deserving jerk! Kinda funny when he makes fun of Sarah Palin's underage daughter getting knocked up at a Yankees game, but now he's showing great strength and humility when he gets caught cheating with several NBC staffers! ROTFLMMFAO!!! The double standard is not at all shocking. However, the willing blindness of some to ignore the blatant hypocrisy is growing old.

Riffy

riffmuff....gettin' it out of the system.

I just couldn't help it Buckster. I just don't like the man at all. I consider it a huge whopping piece of karma. When you go out your way to make fun of underage girls because you hate the mother of said underage girls it makes me chuckle that this man, so quick to make rude perverse sexual innuendos, would himself be slammed with lurid sexual escapades.

Karma's a bitch, Dave!

Riffy

What Riffy is calling "karma" is, of course, a criminal extortion plot.  I'm glad to see it blow up in the criminal's face.  You can't blackmail a guy who's willing to come clean (Are you listening, Senator Ensign?).  Dave will be fine.  Riffy's still pissed off about Dave busting McCain for bagging on him, lying about it and showing up on Katie Couric (the moment that sealed McCain's fate).  The fact that Keith Olbermann was there to share that moment made it a thousand times worse for Riffy.

Brainy

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #28 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:34pm
rim-shot, BJ!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Ginda
Rocks Off Regular

The ghost of Belle Starr

WA State
Reply #29 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 5:43pm
"just couldn't help it Buckster. I just don't like the man at all. I consider it a huge whopping piece of karma. When you go out your way to make fun of underage girls because you hate the mother of said underage girls it makes me chuckle that this man, so quick to make rude perverse sexual innuendos, would himself be slammed with lurid sexual escapades." 

Riffy

I was thinking about this remark as I stood over my cauldron of spaghetti sauce.  Lurid?  Lurid??  Was there a loofah sponge involved?  Just asking...

"I am a friend to any brave and gallant outlaw"

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #30 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:17pm
On luridity scale, this thread  is a 1.5. 

A TV persona committed adultery with a consenting independent third-party adult woman.  Yesterday's papers...

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #31 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:33pm
Factory Girl wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:17pm:
On luridity scale, this thread  is a 1.5.  

A TV persona committed adultery with a consenting independent third-party adult woman.  Yesterday's papers...

he didnt get married till this march?

IP Logged

fuman
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 6:43pm
Joey wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 4:23pm:
" The woman at the center of all this is Stephanie Burkett. The one who would always appear with him and hold thes prizes when he did stump the band or know your current events.  "

... !!!!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/10/exclusive-details-woman-center-let...

I always wondered about her. Just seemed a little friendly between those two.
Stuff that obviously wasn't funny, so I thought they were inside jokes.

Palin's fair game, IMO. That's all I'll say. Oh, and fascist lunatic. Ok, that's all . . .

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:29pm
The luridness of the whole affair is the fact that he only copped to the "consentual sex" because of the extortion plot. It's easy to make the claim that I am calling the criminal act of extortion karma, but that is absurd on it's face. No, the extortion plot is lurid in and of itself. The karma comes into play because this guy went out of his way to make a vulgar remark about an underage girl simply because of who her mother was, and now he is exposed as a man that blatantly cheated on his wife, the mother of his son, numerous times with various staff members. Had he been, say, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or any other conservative pundit I can assure you that the word karma would be flying from the lips of every liberal here. You guys know that to be true. At least be a little honest about it. I can hear it now, "Liar! Hypocrite! Karma!"

I don't like Letterman because he stopped being a somewhat funny host of a late night show and took up the mantle of being a partisan hack who alienated 50% of his audience, including me. Carson never stooped the level of snarky meanspirited humor at the exspense of a 15 year old girl simply for partisan political laughs. Johnny Carson wasn't that stupid. I don't care at all about Dave's non-apology apology that he was forced to give concerning Bristol Palin. He never should have said it to begin with. BJ do you think that a joke about one of your young daughters getting "knocked up" would be very funny? I know that I would be outraged should anyone say that kind of crap about my kids. Palin's kids are fair game? Really? Karma baby.

Dave got got.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

keiths liver
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #34 - Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:56pm
Dave's a funny fucker but goddamn, his taste in women sucks!!! At least bang the HOT staffers!

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:21am
I DON'T GET IT, DID HE HAVE AN AFFAIR AFTER HE WAS MARRIED, CAUSE I'M READING THAT THIS "AFFAIR OCURED BEFORE HIS MARRIAGE AND BIRTH OF HIS SON?
IF IT WAS BEFORE THE MARRIAGE, IS IT AN AFFAIR? OR JUST JUST TRYIN ON SHOES BEFORE YOU BUY. Blank Frigging Stare

auntbee.jpg (Attachment deleted)

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:29am
I don't care

IP Logged

AngieBlue
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:35am
The only shocking thing about this story to me is that Letterman got laid....just eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 5:15am
AngieBlue wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 3:35am:
The only shocking thing about this story to me is that Letterman got laid....just eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!

Well, he did say, "This embarrassing, especially for the women."

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Factory Girl
Rocks Off Regular

US
Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:49am
DL has always been mean spirited, so that is not new.  

From the pic posted here, the lady is commonly pretty and young.  

If it wasn't for DL's TV fame and fortune, she'd be out of his league.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 6:52am by Factory Girl »  

... &&Government is an association of men who do violence to the rest of us. &&Leo Tolstoy &&

IP Logged

fuman
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 7:17am
Riffhard wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:29pm:
The luridness of the whole affair is the fact that he only copped to the "consentual sex" because of the extortion plot. It's easy to make the claim that I am calling the criminal act of extortion karma, but that is absurd on it's face. No, the extortion plot is lurid in and of itself. The karma comes into play because this guy went out of his way to make a vulgar remark about an underage girl simply because of who her mother was, and now he is exposed as a man that blatantly cheated on his wife, the mother of his son, numerous times with various staff members. Had he been, say, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or any other conservative pundit I can assure you that the word karma would be flying from the lips of every liberal here. You guys know that to be true. At least be a little honest about it. I can hear it now, "Liar! Hypocrite! Karma!"

I don't like Letterman because he stopped being a somewhat funny host of a late night show and took up the mantle of being a partisan hack who alienated 50% of his audience, including me. Carson never stooped the level of snarky meanspirited humor at the exspense of a 15 year old girl simply for partisan political laughs. Johnny Carson wasn't that stupid. I don't care at all about Dave's non-apology apology that he was forced to give concerning Bristol Palin. He never should have said it to begin with. BJ do you think that a joke about one of your young daughters getting "knocked up" would be very funny? I know that I would be outraged should anyone say that kind of crap about my kids. Palin's kids are fair game? Really? Karma baby.

Dave got got.

Riffy

You know, Limbaugh did the same thing to Chelsea Clinton, and Chelsea wasn't put on the public stage as the Palin daughter was.
I guess one can assume that you are equally disgusted by Limbaugh's mean spirited humor?

The irony of Palin's decision, at least for me, is that Palin continually talked about abstinence only education yet puts her 17 year old pregnant daughter up on the stage to show the world that this policy doesn't work. Look it up for yourself if you don't believe me, the numbers are shameful.

Faith Based Initiatives = make a policy, then pray it works.

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #41 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 10:08am
Funman you have lost this argument. My very wise father once told me, years ago, that when you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging. It's time for you to put the shovel down my friend. Firstly, Limbaugh never once made any sexually perverse jokes about a fifteen year old Chelsea Clinton. Secondly, even if he had, which he didn't, but even if he had, he is a talk show host that bases his entire show around politics. More to the point his show his is an opinion based political talk show not a comedy show, even though he often uses humor to make his point. That's a big difference between Letterman's comedy show. Now I wouldn't excuse Rush, or anyone else, had he made a perverse joke about an underage girl. How could anyone rightly defend that rubbish?! However, you are trying to equate Letterman with Limbaugh, and it's a false analogy in this case.

Dave Letterman is supposed to be the host of a late night comedy talk show. I, again, point out Johnny Carson. In the 30 some odd years that Carson hosted the Tonight Show do ever recall him being stupid enough, or petulant enough, to make political jokes at the expense of a minor? Of course not! He wasn't so stupid as to alienate half of his audience, and frankly, he was a better man than that. He knew what his show was all about, and to my recollection, he never once used it as an outlet for his own political leanings, or partisan attacks. That, in part, is why he was so loved. Everyone shared in the laughs.

It is nice, and typical, that you would find a way to throw faith under the bus though. You never let us down with your Christian bashing. Did you ever stop to think that most parents want the choice of who teaches their kids about sex education left to themselves? Or is this just one more job that you want the nanny state to remove from the parents' roll as parents?

You can't defend Letterman's idiocy so you lash out at Sarha Palin, her daughter, and Rush Limbaugh. Yeah, you've pretty much lost this argument. It must be nice to have such selected moral outrage. Especially when it involves the hated Christians and conservatives.

Let's not turn this thread into another political pissing match. It's clear that I am no fan of Letterman, and that you are. I'm fine with leaving it at that.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #42 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 10:55am
Riffhard wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 7:29pm:

Dave got got.

Riffy

i think you're addicted to poitical posting...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #43 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 10:58am
Riffhard wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 10:08am:
Funman you have lost this argument. My very wise father once told me, years ago, that when you find yourself in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging. It's time for you to put the shovel down my friend. Firstly, Limbaugh never once made any sexually perverse jokes about a fifteen year old Chelsea Clinton. Secondly, even if he had, which he didn't, but even if he had, he is a talk show host that bases his entire show around politics. More to the point his show his is an opinion based political talk show not a comedy show, even though he often uses humor to make his point. That's a big difference between Letterman's comedy show. Now I wouldn't excuse Rush, or anyone else, had he made a perverse joke about an underage girl. How could anyone rightly defend that rubbish?! However, you are trying to equate Letterman with Limbaugh, and it's a false analogy in this case.

Dave Letterman is supposed to be the host of a late night comedy talk show. I, again, point out Johnny Carson. In the 30 some odd years that Carson hosted the Tonight Show do ever recall him being stupid enough, or petulant enough, to make political jokes at the expense of a minor? Of course not! He wasn't so stupid as to alienate half of his audience, and frankly, he was a better man than that. He knew what his show was all about, and to my recollection, he never once used it as an outlet for his own political leanings, or partisan attacks. That, in part, is why he was so loved. Everyone shared in the laughs.

It is nice, and typical, that you would find a way to throw faith under the bus though. You never let us down with your Christian bashing. Did you ever stop to think that most parents want the choice of who teaches their kids about sex education left to themselves? Or is this just one more job that you want the nanny state to remove from the parents' roll as parents?

You can't defend Letterman's idiocy so you lash out at Sarha Palin, her daughter, and Rush Limbaugh. Yeah, you've pretty much lost this argument. It must be nice to have such selected moral outrage. Especially when it involves the hated Christians and conservatives.

Let's not turn this thread into another political pissing match. It's clear that I am no fan of Letterman, and that you are. I'm fine with leaving it at that.

Riffy

Rush Limbaugh called Chelesea Clinton the White House dog... she was a child, and making comments like that about a child, is abusive. Just on the face, of this fact, you are sticking up for one guy, and condemning another, when there's no difference, except that you will justify one b/c of a political idealogy... which ironically, you said you were not going to debate on here and keep dipping into...

IP Logged

fuman
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 11:49am
I AM a fan of Letterman, although not a big fan. It is my feeling that he made an asshole comment, even if he was referring to the pregnant Palin daughter and not the younger daughter. I don't differentiate between TV talk show hosts and political talk show hosts when it comes to bad mouthing children. Maybe you do, but I can't imagine your reasoning for it.

Letterman IS the host of a late night talk show, not "supposed to be". Maybe you meant to say he is supposed to be politically unbiased?

I didn't quite understand how I "lost this argument", but will let it go as long as you're happy.

IP Logged

Jesus Christ
Rocks Off Regular

Let he who is without
sin cast the first stone.

Heaven
Reply #45 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:04pm
Since Mr. Riffhard has repeatedly referred to an "affair" (is that even the right word?) between non-married adults well past the age of consent as "lurid",  wouldn't it perhaps be fitting for him to remove the Keef quote from his sig? You know the one -

"We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals."

At least change it to reflect reality.

"We ARE old men. We're all about petty morals, as long as it reflects badly on anyone we disagree with."

...&&&&"Hey, JC go fuck yourself you little bitch!" - Riffhard&&&&"...Jesus was...a tranny. " - Nankerphelge&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #46 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:23pm
why don't you hooligans take your political bullshit back to the politics thread?

jesus....is your only purpose on this board to antagonize riffy? if so, like joey, you need some new material.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #47 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:40pm
Starbuck wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:23pm:
why don't you hooligans take your political bullshit back to the politics thread?

jesus....is your only purpose on this board to antagonize riffy? if so, like joey, you need some new material.

You need to go back and see who posted what, when and what they said... Does Riffy  now have some kind of blanket of protection b/c he said he was bailing, after lsoing many arguments from my POV, and deciding to quit political posting... Cause he hasn't stopped, and with all the stuff he's said, I don't think the bruises some may have have healed, he is still going to be challenged on his posts, whether he is still posting ot not...  He made the goodbye post, no one forced him...

Riffhard wrote on Oct 2nd, 2009 at 3:31pm:
What a two faced, hypocrite Dave is! It couldn't have happened to a more deserving jerk! Kinda funny when he makes fun of Sarah Palin's underage daughter getting knocked up at a Yankees game, but now he's showing great strength and humility when he gets caught cheating with several NBC staffers! ROTFLMMFAO!!! The double standard is not at all shocking. However, the willing blindness of some to ignore the blatant hypocrisy is growing old.

Riffy

If he said he was staying out of one thread, and now taking the same stuff to another thread... what are you defending, him bringing it here or the people he calls name, holding him accountable to what he says...?

""With this post I am done on this thread. I will be back though. In 2010 I am going to come back to this thread and I'm going to relish in the midterm Republican wins.""

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #48 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:53pm
Pdog wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:40pm:
[quote author=Starbuck link=1254494158/25#46 date=1254590601]

You need to go back and see who posted what, when and what they said... Does Riffy  now have some kind of blanket of protection b/c he said he was bailing, after lsoing many arguments from my POV, and deciding to quit political posting... Cause he hasn't stopped, and with all the stuff he's said, I don't think the bruises some may have have healed, he is still going to be challenged on his posts, whether he is still posting ot not...  He made the goodbye post, no one forced him...

believe me...riffy gets no blanket protection. if i must name names, he, along with you, fuman, and jesus, are the holligans to whom i was referring. i don't have a problem with you guys yapping with each other...just keep it where it belongs.

i am also growing tired of jesus. 99% of his posts are created to rile up the board conservatives, which i think does nothing but sow discord. and although i would not consider myself a strong christian, i find his handle offensive and distasteful. and if he is fleabit.....which i still believe he isn't...that would make him...well, quite frankly, that would make him:

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #49 - Oct 3rd, 2009 at 12:56pm
Riffhard wrote on Oct 3rd, 2009 at 10:08am:

Riffy

You also don't address the Sarah Palin hypocrisy of preaching abstinence while parading around her unamarried 17 yr old pregnant daughter for publicity purposes. Maybe you should practice abstinence from political posts.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)