Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 314,174 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #775 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 7:39am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

' ....... joey   .................... do you have a complete listing of all the tour dates ?    '

Why Sure ......... Enjoy  :

http://thewho.com/tour/

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2014 at 7:41am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Bluzdude
Rocks Off Regular

I'm here-that's all that
matters. Rocks Off Rules!

Los Angeles
Reply #776 - Nov 27th, 2014 at 4:07pm
Joey wrote on Nov 26th, 2014 at 10:19am:

" I hope 'Eminence Front' stays in the show. "

<  ----- I would like to Nuzzle you .

It was there opening night, but anyway you look at it...It's a put-on
Oh no! not you again

...It's great to be here...It's great to be anywhere!

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #777 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 6:51pm
Interesting setlist for the opening UK date in Glasgow. Some nice deep cuts and one or two long lost friends!

I Cant Explain
Substitute
The Kids are Alright
I Can See For Miles
Who Are You
Long Live Rock
A Quick One While He's Away
Slip Kid
Join Together
Squeeze Box
The Seeker
Bell Boy
Love Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
Cry If You Want
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Pinball Wizard
See Me Feel Me/Listening To You
Magic Bus
Baba O'Riley
Wont Get Fooled Again

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #778 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 7:02pm
" Interesting setlist for the opening UK date in Glasgow. Some nice deep cuts and one or two long lost friends!

I Cant Explain
Substitute
The Kids are Alright
I Can See For Miles
Who Are You
Long Live Rock
Slip Kid
Join Together
Squeeze Box
The Seeker
Bell Boy
Love Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
Cry If You Want
Amazing Journey
Sparks
Pinball Wizard
See Me Feel Me/Listening To You
Magic Bus
Baba O'Riley
Wont Get Fooled Again "

Holy FRIG Gazza  !!!!!!!!!!  :

Long Live Rock
Slip Kid
Join Together
Squeeze Box
The Seeker

They have not played those songs in AGES !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #779 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 7:13pm
They played 'Naked Eye' as an encore also

First time theyve played "A Quick One" since 1970, I believe.

... ... ...
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #780 - Nov 30th, 2014 at 7:25pm
wow

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #781 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 7:52am
" They played 'Naked Eye' as an encore also

First time theyve played "A Quick One" since 1970, I believe. "

<  ------------ This makes my " Hog " stick out !!!!

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #782 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 2:12pm
Looking at their tour opener in Abu Dhabi last week I was underwhelmed! I knew they had to play a greatest hits show there but expected one or two surprises...no dice! But last night show, HOLY SHIT!!! I haven't seen A Quick One since my very first Who show in '67...I'm downloading it now from DIME:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=512073
Can you say Merry Christmas Joey...Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2014 at 2:13pm by MRD8 »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #783 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 3:35pm
" Can you say Merry Christmas Joey ............ "

Bob  ...................................

You are much loved by The Joey .

Joeykins ©

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #784 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 5:44pm
You'll shit a brick when you hear how powerful this show is! A Quick One is great...their energy is off the charts it sounds like...come on April!

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #785 - Dec 1st, 2014 at 5:50pm
WOw indeed. They keep this up. I might just have to go see the old codgers one more time.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #786 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 5:44am
Roger Daltrey Joins Stunned Wedding Band on Stage
by Nick DeRiso December 1, 2014

Roger Daltrey squeezed in a warm-up gig before taking the stage in Glasgow with the Who on their 50th anniversary tour — but not with Pete Townshend. Instead, Daltrey sat in with a stunned wedding band, after stumbling upon the nuptials of Susan and Carl Smith at the Mar Hall resort, where he was staying in Bishopton, Scotland.

“Basically we were coming towards the end of our set and we were sort of halfway through a song,” Graeme Allan, lead guitarist for Milestone, told BBC Radio. “I remember looking over to the side of the dance floor and a wedding guest was actually walking with Roger, coming towards the band.”

Daltrey proceeded to congratulate both bride and groom, mentioning Carl Smith’s service in a parachute regiment — then Daltrey and Milestone launched into a pretty credible version of the Who’s ‘I Can’t Explain,’ as seen in the above video.

“I think one of the main reasons he came in is that he wanted to thank all of those guys for their service,” Susan Smith said later. “Afterwards, we had a little chat and he was congratulating us and wished us health and happiness for the future. He was really sweet.”

The Who Hits 50 tour continues in the UK through December, then heads to North America in April. A dollar from each ticket sold will benefit Teen Cancer America.

Read More: Roger Daltrey Joins Stunned Wedding Band on Stage | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-daltrey-wedding-singer/?utm_source=sailthru...

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #787 - Dec 3rd, 2014 at 12:01pm
Gazza wrote on Nov 30th, 2014 at 6:51pm:
Interesting setlist for the opening UK date in Glasgow. Some nice deep cuts and one or two long lost friends!

The Kids are Alright
Long Live Rock
Slip Kid
Join Together
Squeeze Box
The Seeker
Eminence Front

excellent!!!

where's don't let go the coat?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #788 - Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:39am

http://www.thewholive.net/concert/index.php?GroupID=1&id=1998&Jahr=2014

Tue, 02 December 2014:
Leeds, First Direct Arena

Setlist  :

I Can't Explain, Substitute, The Seeker, The Kids Are Alright, I Can See For Miles, Who Are You, A Quick One While He's Away, Cry If You Want, Slip Kid, Behind Blue Eyes, Squeeze Box, Join Together, 5.15, Bell Boy, Love Reign O'er Me, Eminence Front, Long Live Rock, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, Magic Bus, Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again

************** REVIEW !!!!! **************  :

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorkshire-living/arts/music/gig-review-the-who-fi...

" As the last strains of the final power chord echo around the First Direct Arena I feel it appropriate all of a sudden to begin the review with a confession.

You see, I am perhaps not the best placed individual among the 12,000 plus audience from tonight’s audience to offer an impartial review. The reason being, for those that know me, is that The Who changed my life.

It’s not a statement I make lightly, they genuinely did. My existence changed almost unrecognizably following my first witnessing the group in action at Woodstock in 1969.

Of course I wasn’t lucky enough to be in upstate New York that summer but I was fortunate enough, aged around six or seven-years of age, to regard video footage of that incredible performance.

I can still relive it now. Townshend in white boiler suit, 100 per cent lost in the music and in a perpetual St Vitus Dance. Daltrey, resplendent in fringe jacket twirling his microphone delivering a tour de force of vocal gymnastics. It’s never left me. To this day I regard watching that performance as the moment I first felt truly alive. Just like they were.

Imagine my horror when my dad told me that the band had since split up. If I could have told my youthful self then that would get to see The Who four times by my mid-thirties I could have prevented a lot of prepubescent tantrums.

Which brings us to tonight’s gig, ostensibly their final tour (although Townshend teases us at the end with the remark “until next time”).

Although they’re lads from the west end of London, Leeds is inextricably linked to their existence thanks to the iconic and immutable Live at Leeds record, the undisputed heavyweight champion of live albums.

The link is self-evident from the moment the band walk on stage when Daltrey grasps his microphone and cries joyfully, “Live at Leeds!”.

Townshend spoils the moment by sneeringly enquiring “are you students?” - a nod to the album’s being recorded at Leeds University - before sending the audience into rapture by striking up the intro of I Can’t Explain.

Closely followed by Substitute, The Seeker and The Kids Are Alright, it’s clear what kind of night we’re in for - a two-and-half-hour nostalgia festival. Nobody complains.

Inevitably attention will be drawn to the band, who as every lazy hack will remind you once sang about hoping to die before they get old (My Generation markedly missing from the setlist), yet is now getting on in years. Townshend is now 70, Daltrey not far behind.

And of course one is constantly reminded that it’s only half the band we’re watching, something the band never hide from, with visuals of the group - with original members John Entwistle and Keith Moon, constantly on the big screens.

While long-since departed (36 years since in Moon’s case) their presence is still palpable, particularly as they have had to enlist a further five musicians to make up for their irreplaceable contributions.

However we get to relive the original four piece, thanks to modern technology, with Entwistle’s thunderous bass solo in 5.15 played over the screens to much rejoice from the crowd. Always the best musician in the band, one is transfixed by his virtuosos playing.

Inevitably the biggest cheers come for Moon’s cameo, in the middle of Quadrophenia’s Bell Boy, when his vocals and face fill the arena. Chants of “Moooney” abound as Daltrey and Townshend gaze in respect at the former colleague on the screen, a touching act of difference. Bloody hell, the guy could play.

The current line-up ain’t too shabby neither. Townshend still has the moves and chops. His solo and vocals in Eminence Front are amazing. And the entirely of Love Reign o’Er Me, the climax of Quadrophenia, is heart-stopping as Daltrey lets rip a roar that would shame men a quarter of his age.

It’s not all roses, Daltrey struggled with his monitors all night, having to stop singing on more than one occasion, unable to hear himself. Those with the relevant vantage point were able to see the confrontation with the sound man as they walked off in all its ugly glory. He clearly wasn’t comfortable or happy.

Ultimately, The Who are rock royalty, pioneers who set a standard for intensity and passion in music that set an unassailable bench mark for all those who came after them.

Baba o’Reilly typified that tonight as Leeds bellowed the words “Teenage Wasteland” in unison, even though many of their misspent youths are now forgotten dreams.

Unlike The Who themselves of course, they’re going nowhere. This may be billed as a farewell tour but 50 years in they’re still going strong and better than much else out there.

What else are they going to do, retire? Fat chance. We won’t let them.

See you next time Pete.
"

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #789 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 8:45am
"  ..........  Eminence Front, Long Live Rock,   "

<    ----- Pete sings Lead Vocals on these two numbers . Smart . Gives Rog. a chance to rest his voice a bit  . We do not need any cancellations .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky ™

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #790 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 10:49pm
Joey wrote on Dec 4th, 2014 at 9:39am:
http://www.thewholive.net/concert/index.php?GroupID=1&id=1998&Jahr=2014

Tue, 02 December 2014:
Leeds, First Direct Arena

Setlist  :

I Can't Explain, Substitute, The Seeker, The Kids Are Alright, I Can See For Miles, Who Are You, A Quick One While He's Away, Cry If You Want, Slip Kid, Behind Blue Eyes, Squeeze Box, Join Together, 5.15, Bell Boy, Love Reign O'er Me, Eminence Front, Long Live Rock, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, Magic Bus, Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again

************** REVIEW !!!!! **************  :

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/yorkshire-living/arts/music/gig-review-the-who-fi...

" As the last strains of the final power chord echo around the First Direct Arena I feel it appropriate all of a sudden to begin the review with a confession.

You see, I am perhaps not the best placed individual among the 12,000 plus audience from tonight’s audience to offer an impartial review. The reason being, for those that know me, is that The Who changed my life.

It’s not a statement I make lightly, they genuinely did. My existence changed almost unrecognizably following my first witnessing the group in action at Woodstock in 1969.

Of course I wasn’t lucky enough to be in upstate New York that summer but I was fortunate enough, aged around six or seven-years of age, to regard video footage of that incredible performance.

I can still relive it now. Townshend in white boiler suit, 100 per cent lost in the music and in a perpetual St Vitus Dance. Daltrey, resplendent in fringe jacket twirling his microphone delivering a tour de force of vocal gymnastics. It’s never left me. To this day I regard watching that performance as the moment I first felt truly alive. Just like they were.

Imagine my horror when my dad told me that the band had since split up. If I could have told my youthful self then that would get to see The Who four times by my mid-thirties I could have prevented a lot of prepubescent tantrums.

Which brings us to tonight’s gig, ostensibly their final tour (although Townshend teases us at the end with the remark “until next time”).

Although they’re lads from the west end of London, Leeds is inextricably linked to their existence thanks to the iconic and immutable Live at Leeds record, the undisputed heavyweight champion of live albums.

The link is self-evident from the moment the band walk on stage when Daltrey grasps his microphone and cries joyfully, “Live at Leeds!”.

Townshend spoils the moment by sneeringly enquiring “are you students?” - a nod to the album’s being recorded at Leeds University - before sending the audience into rapture by striking up the intro of I Can’t Explain.

Closely followed by Substitute, The Seeker and The Kids Are Alright, it’s clear what kind of night we’re in for - a two-and-half-hour nostalgia festival. Nobody complains.

Inevitably attention will be drawn to the band, who as every lazy hack will remind you once sang about hoping to die before they get old (My Generation markedly missing from the setlist), yet is now getting on in years. Townshend is now 70, Daltrey not far behind.

And of course one is constantly reminded that it’s only half the band we’re watching, something the band never hide from, with visuals of the group - with original members John Entwistle and Keith Moon, constantly on the big screens.

While long-since departed (36 years since in Moon’s case) their presence is still palpable, particularly as they have had to enlist a further five musicians to make up for their irreplaceable contributions.

However we get to relive the original four piece, thanks to modern technology, with Entwistle’s thunderous bass solo in 5.15 played over the screens to much rejoice from the crowd. Always the best musician in the band, one is transfixed by his virtuosos playing.

Inevitably the biggest cheers come for Moon’s cameo, in the middle of Quadrophenia’s Bell Boy, when his vocals and face fill the arena. Chants of “Moooney” abound as Daltrey and Townshend gaze in respect at the former colleague on the screen, a touching act of difference. Bloody hell, the guy could play.

The current line-up ain’t too shabby neither. Townshend still has the moves and chops. His solo and vocals in Eminence Front are amazing. And the entirely of Love Reign o’Er Me, the climax of Quadrophenia, is heart-stopping as Daltrey lets rip a roar that would shame men a quarter of his age.

It’s not all roses, Daltrey struggled with his monitors all night, having to stop singing on more than one occasion, unable to hear himself. Those with the relevant vantage point were able to see the confrontation with the sound man as they walked off in all its ugly glory. He clearly wasn’t comfortable or happy.

Ultimately, The Who are rock royalty, pioneers who set a standard for intensity and passion in music that set an unassailable bench mark for all those who came after them.

Baba o’Reilly typified that tonight as Leeds bellowed the words “Teenage Wasteland” in unison, even though many of their misspent youths are now forgotten dreams.

Unlike The Who themselves of course, they’re going nowhere. This may be billed as a farewell tour but 50 years in they’re still going strong and better than much else out there.

What else are they going to do, retire? Fat chance. We won’t let them.

See you next time Pete.
"

Joey, they didn't get Nokia'd!  War horses couldn't drag me away Have you no fucking shame?

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #791 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 7:36am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #792 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 8:49am

"  .....    A Quick One in Birmingham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFOfZ6ruOs&feature=player_embedded

Bob   ...... You have a PM Smiley

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #793 - Dec 11th, 2014 at 6:09pm
A pissed off Pete throws his guitar during Eminience  Front at Newcastle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZa2alrHwrw&feature=player_embedded

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #794 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 7:13am
Pete? Pissed off?

Imagine that!  LOL

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #795 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 7:37am
'My Generation' finally makes its tour debut in Liverpool last night. Oddly enough, about half a dozen songs into the set.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #796 - Dec 12th, 2014 at 8:23am
"  .............   'My Generation' finally makes its tour debut in Liverpool last night. Oddly enough, about half a dozen songs into the set.    "

Looks like a Fantastic Set - List  !!!!  :

http://www.thewholive.net/concert/index.php?id=2002&Jahr=2014&GroupID=1

Thu, 11 December 2014:
Liverpool, Echo Arena
Setlist
I Can't Explain, Substitute, The Seeker, Who Are You, The Kids Are Alright, I Can See For Miles, Pictures Of Lily, So Sad About Us, My Generation, Behind Blue Eyes, You Better You Bet, Join Together, I'm One, 5.15, Bell Boy, Love Reign O'er Me, Naked Eye, A Quick One While He's Away, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, Baba O'Riley, Won't Get Fooled Again, Magic Bus
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2014 at 9:49am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #797 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 10:32am
" Joey, they didn't get Nokia'd!  "

Amen S.C.L.     .......................

Roger's voice is more powerful than EVER !!!!!!

... and Pete is playing electric guitar like it is 1973 once again  .

BEST WHO YET !!!!!

Oh , and MRD8 is a Great Man !!!!!

" I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!   "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky Cakes ™

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #798 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 2:18pm

*************  A POSTPONEMENT AND NOT A CANCELLATION !!!!!!  ***************

http://thewho.com/postpone-o2-arena-shows/

" THE WHO POSTPONE O2 ARENA SHOWS
December 17, 2014 Due to illness The Who has had to postpone the final shows of their sell out ‘Who Hits 50′ UK tour at The O2 Arena in London.

17th December will move to 22nd March 2015.

18th December will move to 23rd March 2015.

All original tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled dates.

On medical advice singer Roger Daltrey has been ordered to rest his voice due to a throat infection. The band and their management wish to sincerely apologise to all ticket holders for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused.   "

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #799 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 6:10pm
Joey wrote on Dec 17th, 2014 at 10:32am:
Roger's voice is more powerful than EVER !!!!!!

Joey wrote on Dec 17th, 2014 at 2:18pm:
On medical advice singer Roger Daltrey has been ordered to rest his voice due to a throat infection. The band and their management wish to sincerely apologise to all ticket holders for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused.   "

Oh no! not you again War horses couldn't drag me away you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)