Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 314,486 times)
Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #425 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 8:35am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Thanks Lefty and Gazza for the video link ~ that was an incredibly insane mob scene and the best part is watching BRIAN laugh about it! Histerical! That was wild!

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #426 - Apr 3rd, 2010 at 4:06pm

Listened to the RAH Quadrophenia show.

Pete is magnificent, but sadly Roger struggles mightily in some spots...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #427 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 9:41am

Wolfgang's Vault has added a previously unavailable Who show from 1970 in Lenox MA.

Great stuff...

The Who - 7/7/70  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #428 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 9:53am

The Who - 7/7/70  

Bless You Left Shoe Shuffle !!!!!

You are much loved by the Joey

www.thewho.com

www.thecarrieprejean.com

Joey Prejean

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #429 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 10:00am

Carrie Prejean doesn't know who Pete, Roger, John and Keith are...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #430 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 10:07am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Apr 29th, 2010 at 10:00am:
Carrie Prejean doesn't know who Pete, Roger, John and Keith are...

if ms creamjeans photo is upside down does it mean she's distressed?

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #431 - Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:07pm
" ... does it mean she's distressed?   "

mojo ........................................

"Carrie Prejean`s troubles are bubbling up again, as a `Christian-focused` PR firm the former Miss California hired to help her project a `Biblically correct` image is suing her for $64,857 in allegedly unpaid bills. Prejean hired the Texas company, A. Larry Ross Communications, to do damage control..."

http://www.thecarrieprejean.com/

... !!!!

..... poor Lil' Lamb . Why ?!
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2010 at 3:08pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #432 - Apr 30th, 2010 at 10:05am
" Carrie Prejean still doesn't know who Pete, Roger, John and Keith are .... "

... !!!!

... !!!!

... !!!!

... !!!!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #433 - May 27th, 2010 at 2:10pm
" Who frontman Roger Daltrey is going to be in the U.S. of A in late June/early july, doing three solo gigs....

Tuesday, June 22: Tucson, AZ - Anselmo Valencia Amphitheatre
http://www.avaconcerts.com

Friday, June 25: Salina, KS - Steifel Theatre for the Performing Arts
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0600449ED255BA72?brand=stiefel

Saturday, June 26: Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theater
http://www.uptowntheater.com/UptownTheater/CONCERTS.html

... and four gigs supporting Eric Clapton...

Monday, June 28: Milwaukee, WI - Markus Amphitheatre Summerfest
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/07004476BAD96140?artistid=768018&majorcatid=10...

Wednesday, June 30: Cincinnati, OH / Riverbend Music Center
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004478EA5A6AB6?artistid=768018&majorcatid=10...

Friday, July 2: Indianapolis, IN / Verizon Wireless Music Center
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004493E05DAFB4?artistid=768018&majorcatid=10...

Saturday, July 3: Detroit, MI / DTE Energy Center
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0800449AE33A5A7B?artistid=768018&majorcatid=10...

Meanwhile, back on the Who farm, Roger and Pete are in discussions about the future plans of The Who, so do check into www.thewho.com for an announcement, which could come in a few days or a few weeks. "

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=422

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #434 - Jun 9th, 2010 at 11:14am

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #435 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 7:55am

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #436 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 3:23pm
eight years ago today we lost the OX..............

On top of the sky is a place where you go if you've done nothing wrong,
If you've done nothing wrong.

And down in the ground is a place where you go if you've been a bad boy,
If you've been a bad boy.

Why can't we have eternal life,
And never die,
Never die?

In the place up above you grow feather wings and you fly round and round,
With a harp singing hymns.

And down in the ground you grow horns and a tail and you carry a fork,
And moan and wail.

Why can't we have eternal life, And never die,

Never die?

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #437 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 3:38pm
RIP JE

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #438 - Jun 28th, 2010 at 9:14am
My favorite Entwistle song. One I relate to a great deal:

Everybody calls me the quiet one
You can see but you can't hear me
You can try but you can't get near me
I ain't never had the gift of gab
But I can't talk with my eyes
When words fail me you won't nail me
My eyes can tell you lies

Still waters run deep so be careful I don't drown you
You've got nothing to hear I've got nothing to say
Sticks and stones may break your bones
But names can never down you
It only takes two words to blow you away

But you just don't understand
You can't listen you won't hear me
With your head stuck in the sand
I ain't never had time for words that don't rhyme
My headd is in a cloud
I ain't quiet - everybody else is too loud

Still waters run deep so be careful I don't drown you
You've got nothing to hear I've got nothing to say
Sticks and stones may break my bones
But names can never down you
It only takes two words to blow you away.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #439 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 7:57am

The Who Eyeing Spring 2011 'Quadrophenia' Tour

by Gary Graff  |  July 06, 2010

The Who are hoping to hit the road again in 2011, with "a new show," according to singer Roger Daltrey, or possibly a retooled stage presentation of the group's 1973 rock opera "Quadrophenia."

"We're just working out what to do next," Daltrey tells Billboard.com. "We've got ideas...We're looking on probably being out there, hopefully if all goes well, in the spring of next year...We definitely don't want to stop. We feel it's the role of the artist to go all the way through life 'til you can't do it anymore."

Daltrey does acknowledge, however, that "there's a few things to get around -- primarily guitarist and composer Pete Townshend's continuing battle with severe Tinnitus. Daltrey says that "it's nothing that can't be sorted out -- just different monitor systems, different on-stage volume, which is where the issue is. Pete being the addictive character he is, if he gets carried away he tends to turn his volume up to the old levels, and that's when it causes the trouble. That's one of the problems with rock 'n' roll, once the old adrenaline kicks in."

Daltrey, who's been doing solo dates as a headliner and opening for Eric Clapton while The Who is off the road,  says he's not sure about the progress of Townshend's new musical "Floss" -- "That's not my bag, that's Pete." -- but is always hopeful for new material to sing. "He writes, and then we decide what to do," Daltrey explains. "One of the reasons I'm doing this (touring) is so if he ever does write anything significant or anything he needs me to sing, I've got a voice to do it. I've dedicated my life to being the voice of his music. I'm happy with that position. I feel I've done a good job for him."

As for taking "Quadrophenia" -- which The Who performed as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust benefits on March 30 in London -- back out on the road, Daltrey says that "there are issues with it to make it work at our age. I'm 16 years older than when we last did it, and I always had a bit of a problem, as far as the crowd was concerned, with the way we were presenting that show, the way our position within the piece was explained. For the newcomers it was narratively a bit of a puzzle, what Pete and I were to this guy on the screen. It needs a revamp. It would be dated to put it out as it is now. We need to fix that area, but I know how to do it."

While he's waiting for The Who's next move, Daltrey is also supporting the launch of a Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.S. He reports that UCLA has recently signed on to be one of the organization's medical center, and he predicts that "the way America is with philanthropy, I think you'll get it done a lot quicker than (the U.K.) did, once people are aware of the issue."

Billboard
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 8:09am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #440 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 12:54pm
" The Who are hoping to hit the road again in 2011, with "a new show," according to singer Roger Daltrey, or possibly a retooled stage presentation of the group's 1973 rock opera "Quadrophenia."

"We're just working out what to do next," Daltrey tells Billboard.com. "We've got ideas...We're looking on probably being out there, hopefully if all goes well, in the spring of next year...We definitely don't want to stop. We feel it's the role of the artist to go all the way through life 'til you can't do it anymore."

Daltrey does acknowledge, however, that "there's a few things to get around -- primarily guitarist and composer Pete Townshend's continuing battle with severe Tinnitus. Daltrey says that "it's nothing that can't be sorted out -- just different monitor systems, different on-stage volume, which is where the issue is. Pete being the addictive character he is, if he gets carried away he tends to turn his volume up to the old levels, and that's when it causes the trouble. That's one of the problems with rock 'n' roll, once the old adrenaline kicks in."

Daltrey, who's been doing solo dates as a headliner and opening for Eric Clapton while The Who is off the road,  says he's not sure about the progress of Townshend's new musical "Floss" -- "That's not my bag, that's Pete." -- but is always hopeful for new material to sing. "He writes, and then we decide what to do," Daltrey explains. "One of the reasons I'm doing this (touring) is so if he ever does write anything significant or anything he needs me to sing, I've got a voice to do it. I've dedicated my life to being the voice of his music. I'm happy with that position. I feel I've done a good job for him."

As for taking "Quadrophenia" -- which The Who performed as part of the Teenage Cancer Trust benefits on March 30 in London -- back out on the road, Daltrey says that "there are issues with it to make it work at our age. I'm 16 years older than when we last did it, and I always had a bit of a problem, as far as the crowd was concerned, with the way we were presenting that show, the way our position within the piece was explained. For the newcomers it was narratively a bit of a puzzle, what Pete and I were to this guy on the screen. It needs a revamp. It would be dated to put it out as it is now. We need to fix that area, but I know how to do it."

While he's waiting for The Who's next move, Daltrey is also supporting the launch of a Teenage Cancer Trust in the U.S. He reports that UCLA has recently signed on to be one of the organization's medical center, and he predicts that "the way America is with philanthropy, I think you'll get it done a lot quicker than (the U.K.) did, once people are aware of the issue."

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis    ....... AND nipples !!!!!

O'kins ! ™

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #441 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 8:09pm
Pete&Roger show

Its on!!!

new subscription solicitation received today!!!

the dynamic duo returns$$

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #442 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:52pm
mojoman wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 8:09pm:
Pete&Roger show

Its on!!!

new subscription solicitation received today!!!

the dynamic duo returns$$

Any chance you can be a bit more specific? What a post Ronnie!!!!!

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #443 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 5:41pm
" Its on!!!

new subscription solicitation received today!!!  "

Link Please !!!!!

Joey Townshend ! ü ™

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #444 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 1:14pm

Roger Daltrey Planning Who Tour, New Collaborations
‘I’ve always wanted to do something with Jimmy Page,” Daltrey says. ‘Mainly because, what the hell is he doing? What an amazing waste of a talent.’

0 COMMENTS
     COMMENT
     0 LIKES
     Like This
     0 SHARES
     3Share

* Print

* Share :
    * Twitter
    * Mail

Benett/Getty
By  Andy Greene
Oct 01, 2010 12:27 PM EDT

In an audio interview posted on the band's website (and linked to by Consequence of Sound), Roger Daltrey reveals that the Who are contemplating a tour next year. "We're in the planning stages — but we do plan on doing something," says Daltrey. "I can't really talk about the specifics yet, but it will be based on our past work." Earlier this year the Who played Quadrophenia in its entirety at the Royal Albert Hall, and Daltrey says that more shows are possible. "I would like to be on the road playing as many different kinds of show as we possibly could. Maybe we'll do Quadrophenia one night and the greatest hits the next night. Maybe Tommy, too, if I can still sing it. The audience would have to take a chance on what show they're going to get."

The Greatest Singers of All Time

The Who toured Quadrophenia in 1996 and 1997, but Daltrey says these shows would be different. "It would be the same musically, but stylistically we'd try and update it and make it a little more coherent to a newcomer to the piece," he says. "We're sixteen years older now. A lot of the energy and the macho stuff I could bring to it then I don't have anymore." Any tour would have to get the green light from Pete Townshend, who meets with Daltrey three of four times a year to discuss future projects. "He's incredible adventurous when it comes to projects and new ideas and things," says Daltrey. "When it comes to getting out there and doing it I'm more adventurous than he is. I'd like to get the boat out more than him ... He is writing [a new album] and you never know when that might turn up." If Pete decides to not tour next year, Daltrey says he'll tour Europe with his solo band. "I can't retire," he says. "I've gotta do something. If the band aren't out there, I'll be out there with my little band."

Front Row at the Hottest Live Shows

Daltrey is also interested in working with other guitarists. "I've always wanted to do something with Jimmy Page," he says. "Mainly because, what the hell is he doing? What an amazing waste of a talent. He's a genius." Daltrey opened for Clapton on a handful of U.S. dates last year, and says he'd also like to work with him. "It would be very difficult for us to work together [onstage] because he's doing a very laid back blues show," says Daltrey. "I said to him 'it would be very interesting if we could find some songs that could dig a big deeper.' I think he needs a bit of driving, does Eric. That blues stuff is alright, but you need dynamic. Never forget dynamic. I think we could do interesting things." Daltrey said he was meeting with a guitarist later in the day to discuss a collaboration. "We're talking about maybe doing a blues album just for the fun of it and to revisit our early days," he says. "I don't want to say his name in case it doesn't happen, but he's got a band and I'll literally chose some songs from [The Who's early] period and get in there and do an album and put it out on the Internet."

The Greatest Guitarists of All Time

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Reply #445 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 1:16pm
Be patient with me, I'm trying to learn how to copy & paste, somehow I don't get the photos from the article, here is where it's from.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/213606

WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #446 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 3:45pm
new album in pipeline:-

http://www.nme.com/news/the-who/53256

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #447 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 8:49pm

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #448 - Nov 11th, 2010 at 9:31pm

" The singer also admitted that he'd like to play as many different shows on the tour as possible, such as full performances of their 1973 rock opera 'Quadrophenia' and 1969 counterpart 'Tommy'.

"I would like to be on the road playing as many different kind of shows as we could," he explained. "Maybe doing 'Quadrophenia' one night, do greatest hits the next night, this is what I would like to do. And 'Tommy', if I could still sing 'Tommy'.  "

I am now moist .

IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #449 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 3:55am
Joey wrote on Nov 11th, 2010 at 9:31pm:

" The singer also admitted that he'd like to play as many different shows on the tour as possible, such as full performances of their 1973 rock opera 'Quadrophenia' and 1969 counterpart 'Tommy'.

"I would like to be on the road playing as many different kind of shows as we could," he explained. "Maybe doing 'Quadrophenia' one night, do greatest hits the next night, this is what I would like to do. And 'Tommy', if I could still sing 'Tommy'.  "

I am now moist .

TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 43
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)