Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Townshend/Who News (nsc) (Read 314,531 times)
Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Re: Townshend/Who News (nsc)
Reply #400 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 7:32am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Feb 28th, 2010 at 4:56am:
I see The Who have released yet another Greatest Hits CD - why???

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Hits-Who/dp/B002VJVCQ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music...

I see what you mean, but this does have a great selection of my favorites of theirs, there's always some songs that are missing on these greatest hits packages, but this one is great.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #401 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 2:04am
First night of Eric Clapton's tour w/ Roger Daltrey opening.

Music review: Clapton plays to sold out crowd
Friday, February 26, 2010
By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Matt Freed/Post-GazetteGuitarist Eric Clapton performs in front of a sellout crowd Thursday in Mellon Arena.At this point Eric Clapton doesn't have a thing to prove to anyone.

His reputation as a guitar god was sealed 40 years ago. He has all the money and respect in the world. He has a full head of rock star hair for his Rolling Stone cover photo. On top of that, now he even has his own custom T-Mobile Fender cellphone.

So did he phone it in last night at the sold-out Mellon Arena?

It seemed like it at first when he hit the stage crawling through "Goin' Down Slow," a sluggish opener that offered nothing more exciting than what you'd get at the corner bar. It was followed by one of his most epic blues burners, "Key to the Highway," toned down to more of a flicker, with a brief, disinterested solo.

Then came signs of life, with the female backup singers spiking the great melody on "Tell the Truth," the second straight cut from "Layla." It wasn't until the grinding "Old Love," a little known song, that we got the first burst of passion from Mr. Clapton, one of those trademark solos with the long stabbing note and then a fast flurry at the bottom of the neck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set lists
Eric Clapton

Goin' Down Slow

Key to the Highway

Tell the Truth

Old Love

I Shot the Sheriff

Driftin' Blues

Nobody Knows You When You're Down Out

Running on Faith

Badge

Little Queen of Spades

Before You Accuse Me

Wonderful Tonight

Cocaine

Encore: Crossroads

Roger Daltrey

I Can See for Miles

The Real Me

Days of Light

Freedom Ride

Give Me a Stone

Mannish Boy/My Generation/Young Man's Blues

Baba O'Riley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He carried that into a punched-up "I Shot the Sheriff," with its jarring scrapes and then a long closing jam, performed effortlessly, cleanly and precisely. The tone was gorgeous as usual -- no argument there -- and the only pedal he seemed to need was a little distortion. If you like your guitar heroes messy, or want to high-five your friend after a shredding solo, he's not the guy.

As for the vocals, there was no struggle there, as he hasn't exactly worn them thin with over-use (it was his first show here in more than 10 years). His gruff voice was a bold accompaniment to his acoustic playing on a middle section of "Driftin' Blues," "Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out" and "Running on Faith."

What Mr. Clapton doesn't do there that some might is sit down and tell a story. He said almost nothing to the fans and projected less personality than Bob Dylan. In the trade, I guess that's called "letting the music do the talking."

It talked on "Badge," with that stunning late riff, and on "Little Queen of Spades," a round-robin jam that showed off his keyboard players before coming back around to one of his meaner solos.

"Wonderful Tonight" was what it was -- a slow dance that either put you to sleep or made you sentimental about some wedding. He picked up the pace again with power-chord classic "Cocaine," and signed off with a "Crossroads" a few shades lighter than Cream.

So while we got the "Assorted Love Songs," what we didn't get, oddly, was "Layla," his most beloved song. It may have added that certain "blow-you-away" factor that was missing, may even have made this Clapton concert one to phone home about.

Opening the show, Roger Daltrey noted brightly that this was "one-up from a toilet break at a football match."

And it was for us, too.

Rumors of Mr. Daltrey's vocal demise, based on the Super Bowl halftime, were greatly exaggerated. On the first night of the new tour with his solo band, The Who singer sounded 20 years younger than he did in Miami.

He kicked it off forcefully with "I Can See for Miles" and "The Real Me," which turned out to be kind of a tease. This wasn't a Who tribute set with Pete Townshend's little brother Simon subbing in.

The meat of his set was drawn from other parts of his career ---with the rough and tumble "Days of Light," the bluesy "Freedom Ride" and Elvis tribute "Real Good Lookin' Man." It built up to a hard blues medley of "Mannish Boy," a slow-chugging "My Generation" and then a walloping "Young Man's Blues" that allowed lead guitarist Frank Simes to get his licks in.

Mr. Daltrey didn't have the benefit of flashy lighting, a rowdy crowd or even room to swing his mike. He also complained about new in-ear monitors. But he made the best of all that, with lots of muscle left in his pipes. It's a lucky concert crowd that gets "Baba O'Riley" from the opening act -- with the original guy who sang it!

Scott Mervis: [email protected]; 412-263-2576.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10057/1038819-388.stm#ixzz0guTv9Ufb

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #402 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 2:37am
happy birthday Roger  Smiley

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #403 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 9:26am
" happy birthday Roger   "

That is RIGHT !!!!! : Happy Sixty - Sixth Birthday Roger !!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #404 - Mar 2nd, 2010 at 9:32am

Photos by Brent Thompson

2/28 - BJCC Arena, Birmingham AL

Birmingham Weekly

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #405 - Mar 3rd, 2010 at 12:42pm

Patti Smith, Living Colour Pay Tribute to The Who at Carnegie Hall

3/3/10, 12:16 pm EST

Photo: Bank/WireImage

“Carnegie Hall, I apologize for what I’m about to do,” said surprise guest Patti Smith last night at a Who tribute concert at the famed New York venue before launching into a snarling punk version of “My Generation,” during which she spit on the hallowed stage at least three separate times. (Iggy Pop did some damage to the very same stage at the Tibet House benefit last week.) Earlier in the night, Bobby McFerrin did the same song, though he used no instrument other than his mouth and the sound of his hand banging against his chest. Patti’s was stronger (mainly because it didn’t bear resemblance to the Cosby Show theme), but it proved that The Who’s vast catalog is strong enough to survive nearly any re-interpretation.

The night — which was a benefit concert for numerous organizations including Music Unites — began with a children’s choir and the house band performing “Overture” and “Tommy Can You Hear Me.” They were followed by Living Colour, who did an absolutely killer funk-metal “Eminence Front.” It was a hard act to top, but Robyn Hitchcock’s acoustic “Substitute” and The Smithereens’ fierce one-two punch of “The Seeker” and “Sparks” came pretty close with an incredibly frantic energy. Bettye LaVette slowed things down with a beautiful torch ballad rendition of “Love Reign O’er Me” that was definitely the vocal highlight of the night.

Mose Allison, looking pretty spry for 82, was the only performer who did an original. He played “Young Man Blues” (which was a staple of The Who’s set list in the 1960s and ’70s) and its recent sequel “Old Man Blues.” Beatles cover band Fab Faux stepped one inch outside of their comfort zone by playing “Tommy’s Holiday Camp” and “We’re Not Gonna Take It.” Every note and harmony from the Tommy finale was hit with stunning precision. The Gaslight Anthem tore into “Baba O’Riley” Pearl Jam style, while Hüsker Dü’s Bob Mould dipped deep into The Who’s catalog for a frenzied cover of “Can’t Reach You” from The Who Sell Out. The night ended with all the performers jamming on a sloppy but fun “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” featuring an unprecedented two primal screams — one by Willie Nile and another by Nicole Atkins, who nailed it better than Daltrey has in quite some time.

rollingstone.com

Patti Smith - 'My Generation'

Bettye LaVette - 'Love Reign O'er Me'

The Gaslight Anthem - 'Baba O'Riley'
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2010 at 12:53pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #406 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 8:44pm

The Who to Tour this fall  ?!!!!! . !!!

*  "  YES !  "   ..... oh , GOD !!!!  --- YES !!!!!!  " *

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2010/03/clapton-lets-h...

" 14th March, 2010
ROGER IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA

Roger Daltrey played another great set opening for Eric Clapton at the Amway Arena, Orlando, and dropped a hint about a possible Who tour in the autumn.

Will it happen? Who knows. Looks like it's in the lap of the gods or, more precisely, in the brim of Pete Townshend's hat, which houses a special audio device to help him counter his tinnitus. He's trying it out at the performance of Quadrophenia in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall, London, on March 30th. Roger will be flying back from the States soon to join Pete and the rest of the band for rehearsals. All Who fans are keeping their fingers crossed that 'the brim' does the trick.

To read a blog review of the Daltrey/Clapton sets in the Orlando Sentinal, CLICK HERE.  "

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=404

We must all say a special prayer for Pete's ears :

" When it came to talking, opening act Roger Daltrey was the chatty one, peppering his hourlong set with rambling recollections and even a newsy tidbit about plans for a potential tour by The Who in the fall  .....  with a spirited mix of classics (“Baba O’Riley,” “Behind Blue Eyes”) and songs such as Taj Mahal’s “Freedom Ride” that took the band outside classic rock.

A little bit of Daltrey’s showmanship from Clapton would’ve been nice, but a guitar god does what he wants.  "

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #407 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:26am

There's a Pete interview with Bob Cianci in the new issue of Premier Guitar.
Obviously a lotta gear talk, but here's a few other bits of interest:

This brings us to the subject of hearing loss. You and I are both longtime working musicians who suffer from this problem. Mine is pretty severe, not only as a result of gigging for over 40 years, but as a result of genetic factors. What is the state of your hearing right now? Do you wear hearing aids, and assuming you use in-ears onstage, how are you protecting your hearing?

I don’t use in-ears on stage. Not yet. I have just been introduced to a new microprocessor- controlled system with three transducers in each ear. They sound amazing. But the Chinese might hack into my gig…

I have started wearing hearing aids in the past months. The new ones are incredible. Tiny. The only way to protect my hearing would be to stop playing music. I get the most problems from long periods of studio work, which is how I compose. So I am nervous about the future right now.

You’ve always been a proponent of the internet, and have used it to your benefit for many years. When you conceptualized Psychoderelict, were you at all aware that you might have been predicting the rise of the internet with the album’s theme of a “grid?”

I predicted the internet back in 1971 with Lifehouse. I can’t take all the credit—I was taught at art school in 1961 that computers would change the way artists worked and communicated, and the way society functioned.

I have read you are writing material for a new Who album tentatively titled Floss. Can you give us some information about it? Will it be a return to a guitar-based sound again? What is the theme and when will it be released?

Floss is not a new Who album. It is a musical play. Some of the music might work for Roger and me; I am still working on it. I reckon I have another year to go writing.

What was it like to tour right after John Entwistle’s death? That must have been extremely hard on you and Roger.

It was hard, but we had no option.

Do you plan on touring with The Who again at any time in the future, and if so, when?

There are no plans to tour at the moment.

After almost 47 years with The Who, are there any regrets? Would you change anything if you could? Do you still get a rush, a thrill, performing live with the band?

I’ve never gotten a rush or thrill from performing. I’m good at it, and I find it easy and natural. No regrets. I fell into this business, the family business, out of art school. It’s given me the chance to combine popular music (which is so natural for me) with ambitious creativity, so I’ve been really lucky. I’ve had great support, too, from The Who band and managers over the years. Lots of crazy ideas.

Did you ever, in your wildest dreams, think The Who would last as long as it has, and are you satisfied with your musical legacy and the body of work you have created?

The gap from 1982 to 2006 in recording is a great shame. I made some good solo records, but the break was necessary, I think. I’m satisfied so far. I hope there is more to come.

premierguitar.com
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:28am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #408 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:32am

HTM will be happy to know that The Who are releasing another hits collection next week.
This one's live...

Disc: 1
1. I Can't Explain (December 1971, San Francisco)
2. Substitute (December 1971, San Francisco)
3. Happy Jack (February 1970, Hull, England)
4. I'm A Boy (February 1970, Hull, England)
5. Behind Blue Eyes December 1971, San Francisco)
6. Pinball Wizard (June 1976, Swansea, England)
7. I'm Free (June 1976, Swansea, England)
8. Squeeze Box (June 1976, Swansea, England)
9. Naked Eye/Let's See Action/My Generation (Medley) (May 1974, South London, England)
10. 5.15 (December 1973, Capital Centre, Largo)
11. Won't Get Fooled Again (December 1973, Capital Centre, Largo)
12. Magic Bus (February 1970, Leeds University, England)
13. My Generation (1965, BBC Sessions)

Disc: 2
1. I Can See For Miles (August 1989, Los Angeles, CA)
2. Join Together (August 1989, Los Angeles, CA)
3. Love Reign O'er Me (August 1989, Los Angeles, CA)
4. Baba O'Riley (August 1989, Los Angeles, CA)
5. Who Are You (August 1989, Los Angeles, CA)
6. The Real Me (January 2002, Watford Hity Hall)
7. The Kids Are Alright (February 2002, London, England)
8. Eminence Front (March 2009, Brisbane)
9. A Man In A Purple Dress (March 2007, Uniondale, New York)

amazon.com
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:37am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #409 - Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:49am
" You’ve always been a proponent of the internet, and have used it to your benefit for many years. When you conceptualized Psychoderelict, were you at all aware that you might have been predicting the rise of the internet with the album’s theme of a “grid?”[/b]

I predicted the internet back in 1971 with Lifehouse. I can’t take all the credit—I was taught at art school in 1961 that computers would change the way artists worked and communicated, and the way society functioned.  "

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #410 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:59pm

Talkin' about deGeneration

By John Earls, 20/03/2010

ROCK legends The Who may have to GIVE UP playing some of their best-known hits - because Roger Daltrey is struggling to sing them.

The band have racked up countless sales and awards since their first Top 10 hit I Can't Explain in 1965 - but, 45 years on, Roger admits being the older generation is finally catching up with him and guitarist Pete Townshend.

The Who play a special performance of their classic 1973 album 'Quadrophenia' at London's Royal Albert Hall on March 30 in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust, the charity Roger is a patron of.

And the frontman reckons it might be the last time he ever performs its songs live.

"We're getting to the age now where this might be the last time we're physically able to play these songs," Roger tells Rated.

"The years are catching up, and some of 'Quadrophenia's' songs I'm not able to sing particularly comfortably.

"My health is as good as I could expect for a man of 66 - but the voice ages a lot quicker than the rest of the body, which is bloody annoying."

Despite such bleak talk, Roger is quick to scoff at any notions that he and Pete are thinking of retirement.

"The Who's songs are still amazing to play," he enthuses. "We should play them all the time that we still can, so long as we can do them well. When me and Pete started out, we looked up to the old blues guys, and we still do.

"BB King is 80 and in a wheelchair, and he's still out there doing it. That's what music should be about - playing your songs while you can. And if people don't like it and think we should stop, tough s***!"

'Endless Wire', The Who's first album for 24 years, was a Top 10 hit in 2006. But Roger admits he doesn't know if he'll ever make a new record with Pete.

With a throaty chuckle, Roger says: "There's nothing planned - as usual! Pete hasn't shown any new songs to me lately, so I really don't know what's next.

"I get incredibly excited when Pete gives me new songs, and he's in really, really good shape. He's still the most original lead guitarist there ever was. But you'd have to ask him about a new album."

If Pete's songwriting has dried up, Roger reveals he might make a record with another rock god guitarist, Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin.

"Jimmy's a good lad," smiles Roger. "I'd love to work with him. I've told him that if he ever needs a singer, I'm there for him. And, you know, I always need a guitarist.

"But I'm in no rush to do anything right now. For the first time, life is starting to make sense. I'm really enjoying life, and looking forward to some time off with my family. It feels like, for once, the telescope is the right way round for me."

That wasn't always the case for Roger, who grew up in a tough neighbourhood of Acton, West London, where he met Pete and bandmates Keith Moon and John Entwistle, who died in 1978 and 2002 respectively.

"Growing up, music was our entire lives," recalls Roger. "That's the case with all the best bands - music rules you over everything else. If me and Pete were 16 now, I think we'd still form a rock band. Kids have more distractions, and for a lot of them music is only a small part of life these days. But even now you get bands whose lives are ruled by music.

"I saw The Horrors recently, and they were astonishing. Like so many British bands, they turn music on its head, make you look it in a new way. So I reckon the 16-year-old me and Pete of 2010 would be doing something like that."

Roger will get to see more talent at the ten days of Royal Albert Hall gigs starting tomorrow, in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust. Acts playing include Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher, JLS, Suede and The Specials.

"I'm really pleased JLS are playing, because it's the first time we've had a pop band play in ten years," says Roger. "I've asked loads of pop acts before, but they're often controlled by managers who aren't as benevolent towards charity as the bands themselves.

"Generally, though, I'm overwhelmed by how much support I get every year for these shows. People think the rock industry is anarchistic chaos, and it's the opposite.

"Rock concerts are run like the army. If we sent roadies into Iraq, it'd be sorted in two days. Those roadies would be onto the partying by now."

News Of The World

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #411 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 7:04pm

The Who at the Albert Hall

From The Times
March 31, 2010
David Sinclair

Rumbling on like a soap opera that can’t be stopped, The Who returned to the Albert Hall last night to stage the first performance of their “rock opera” Quadrophenia since 1997, when they took a production of it on a tour of America.

As usual, the build-up to the show was marked by a certain tension between Roger Daltrey, 66, whose enthusiasm for reviving the name and repertoire of the group knows no bounds, and Pete Townshend, 64, who always seems to have a compelling excuse not to carry on with it. Currently it is the threat of his worsening tinnitus. But the opportunity to perform their masterwork on behalf of the Teenage Cancer Trust (of which Daltrey is the patron) was evidently an offer he couldn’t refuse.

Townshend has stated that Quadrophenia is the “best album that I will ever write”. He may be correct — history has certainly judged it to be one of the key pop texts. Despite the seething sense of youthful alienation and angst that permeates the music and lyrics, the album was already an essay in nostalgia when it was released in 1973.

This production turned it into a full-blown social history of pop culture, with film footage that went all the way back to the Blitz in London and the dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima playing on a screen at the back while the band performed the album’s title track. The increasingly Darby and Joan-like Daltrey and Townshend were reunited with the usual supporting cast: Pino Palladino (bass), Zak Starkey (drums), John “Rabbit” Bundrick (keyboard), and Simon Townshend (guitar), together with an assortment of brass and string players.

There were guest cameos from Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, who sang 'The Punk And The Godfather', and Tom Meighan of Kasabian, who made a splendid job of Keith Moon’s part in 'Bell Boy', which he began mounted on a scooter at the back of the stage.

The narrative thread of the story was bolstered by film footage in which the regally disaffected mod character Jimmy declaimed his lines to camera about working-class life in 1960s Britain. Newspaper headlines of the day flashed up as Townshend sang a rather meandering 'Cut My Hair'. And there were scenes of mods and rockers fighting on Brighton beach as the band piled into 'Sea And Sand'.

Daltrey sang with his emphatic touch, while Townshend played acoustic and electric guitar with a combination of finesse and aggression. There was a bit of microphone twirling and windmilling of arms but, for the most part, it was more about getting the music right rather than making an exhibition of themselves.

Up-tempo numbers such as 'The Real Me' and a rollicking version of '5.15' got the crowd rocking along, and the dramatic thread of the story was put across with a coherence that has proved elusive in the past. Then, however, it all ended rather abruptly. Having performed a selection of hits at the Miami Superbowl in February, it seemed likely that there might be some extra songs played here.

But there were no encores, prompting scratching of heads and even a few boos as the lights came up.

Times Online

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #412 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 9:46pm
Here is a vid of Eddie Vedder joining in on the Punk and the Godfather. Courtesy of Northshoreblues2 on IORR.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_EbJ3Jzcg&feature=player_embedded

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #413 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 4:12pm

The Who performed Quadrophenia last night at the Royal Albert Hall, concluding the 10th year of concerts initiated by the band's singer, Roger Daltrey, in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.

Joined by a brass and string section, plus special guests Eddie Vedder (PearlJam) and Tom Meighan (Kasabian), The Who, supported by a superb multimedia sequence directed by Aubrey Powell, gave a brilliant interpretation of Pete Townshend's edgy masterpiece.

SET LIST:

I Am the Sea
The Real Me
Quadrophenia
Cut My Hair
The Punk and the Godfather (with Eddie Vedder)
I’m One
The Dirty Jobs
Helpless Dancer
Is It in My Head?
I’ve Had Enough (with Eddie Vedder and Tom Meighan)
5:15
Sea and Sand (with Eddie Vedder and Tom Meighan)
Drowned
Bell Boy (with Tom Meighan)
Doctor Jimmy
The Rock
Love, Reign O’er Me

www.thewho.com

Photos: Matt Kent

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #414 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 4:19pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on Mar 31st, 2010 at 4:12pm:
The Who performed Quadrophenia last night at the Royal Albert Hall, concluding the 10th year of concerts initiated by the band's singer, Roger Daltrey, in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.

Joined by a brass and string section, plus special guests Eddie Vedder (PearlJam) and Tom Meighan (Kasabian), The Who, supported by a superb multimedia sequence directed by Aubrey Powell, gave a brilliant interpretation of Pete Townshend's edgy masterpiece.

SET LIST:

I Am the Sea
The Real Me
Quadrophenia
Cut My Hair
I’m One
The Dirty Jobs
Helpless Dancer
Is It in My Head?
Drowned
Doctor Jimmy
The Rock
Love, Reign O’er Me

www.thewho.com

Photos: Matt Kent

christ i would have loved to have been there defiantely MY favorite albun

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Madeira Beach, Florida
Reply #415 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 4:28pm
What was the windmill over/under?

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #416 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 7:13pm
" The Who performed Quadrophenia last night at the Royal Albert Hall, concluding the 10th year of concerts initiated by the band's singer, Roger Daltrey, in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.

SET LIST:

I Am the Sea
The Real Me
Quadrophenia
Cut My Hair
I’m One
The Dirty Jobs
Helpless Dancer
Is It in My Head?
Drowned
Doctor Jimmy
The Rock
Love, Reign O’er Me

www.thewho.com

I am moist !!!!!!!

BEST WHO YET !!!!!

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #417 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 7:15pm
Great pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #418 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 7:52pm

Buncha videos from the RAH show are posted @ www.youtube.com/user/alistairburns

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #419 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 11:34am
" Buncha videos from the RAH show are posted @ www.youtube.com/user/alistairburns "

You are muched Loved !!!!!!

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #420 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:18pm
The Royal Albert Hall is one of the nicest, most beautiful venues in the world, and I have been to many! It's just fabulous, everything about the place from the exterior to the upper balconies, the restaurants and bars, its all so stylishly British! There is beautiful sound inside, too. I wonder if the Stones ever played there....Gazzapedia~ any records of that?

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #421 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:42pm

Stones and Beatles were on the "Great Pop Prom" bill at RAH in 1963.

And dig this clip from a 1966 show - www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJCDmXjsQw
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:20pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #422 - Apr 1st, 2010 at 8:01pm
Bitch wrote on Apr 1st, 2010 at 7:18pm:
The Royal Albert Hall is one of the nicest, most beautiful venues in the world, and I have been to many! It's just fabulous, everything about the place from the exterior to the upper balconies, the restaurants and bars, its all so stylishly British! There is beautiful sound inside, too. I wonder if the Stones ever played there....Gazzapedia~ any records of that?  

One of their most notorious ever gigs - September 1966

They also released a live album which was billed as coming from this gig (Got Live if You Want It) bit which came from other venues instead - as the Albert Hall show was abandoned after about 20 minutes.

I dont think they allowed rock bands back for a few years after that.

Some of the footage from the RAH riot was used in the 'Have you seen your mother baby' video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKJCDmXjsQw

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

MRD8
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Melbourne, Florida
Reply #423 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 6:15pm

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=297144

THE WHO
Royal Albert Hall, London, UK 30. Mar. 2010

Disc 1:
01. Intro
02. I Am The Sea
03. The Real Me
04. 'Jimmy'
05. Quadrophenia
06. 'Jimmy'
07. Cut My Hair
08. 'Jimmy'
09. The Punk And The Godfather
10. 'Jimmy'
11. I'm One
12. 'Jimmy'
13. The Dirty Jobs
14. Helpless Dancer
15. Is It In My Head >
16. I've Had Enough >
17. 5:15

Disc 2:
01. 'Jimmy'
02. Sea And Sand
03. 'Jimmy'
04. Drowned
05. 'Jimmy'
06. Bell Boy
07. 'Jimmy'
08. Doctor Jimmy >
09. The Rock
10. Love Reign O'er Me

approx. 100 mins
seamless recording, disc change is a suggestion

Recording Info:
recorded by Vortex242
OKM IIr > A3 > EDIROL R-09HR (44.1/16) >
USB > WAV > Adobe Audition (EQing) > CDwave (tracking)
> FLAC frontend (level 6, verify, with align on sector boundaries)
> Tracker

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #424 - Apr 2nd, 2010 at 6:40pm
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=297144

THE WHO
Royal Albert Hall, London, UK 30. Mar. 2010

Disc 1:
01. Intro
02. I Am The Sea
03. The Real Me
04. 'Jimmy'
05. Quadrophenia
06. 'Jimmy'
07. Cut My Hair
08. 'Jimmy'
09. The Punk And The Godfather
10. 'Jimmy'
11. I'm One
12. 'Jimmy'
13. The Dirty Jobs
14. Helpless Dancer
15. Is It In My Head >
16. I've Had Enough >
17. 5:15

Disc 2:
01. 'Jimmy'
02. Sea And Sand
03. 'Jimmy'
04. Drowned
05. 'Jimmy'
06. Bell Boy
07. 'Jimmy'
08. Doctor Jimmy >
09. The Rock
10. Love Reign O'er Me

approx. 100 mins
seamless recording, disc change is a suggestion

Recording Info:
recorded by Vortex242
OKM IIr > A3 > EDIROL R-09HR (44.1/16) >
USB > WAV > Adobe Audition (EQing) > CDwave (tracking)
> FLAC frontend (level 6, verify, with align on sector boundaries)
> Tracker

Bob .............................

You have a PM !!!

'kins

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 43
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)