Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 / Pic © Jini Sachse (Sweet Virginia)

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rockin" Rott, one of the greatest US traders has d (Read 440 times)
Gene M. Broxson
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rockin" Rott, one of the greatest US traders has d
Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:57pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
I am shocked and saddened to report to the Rolling Stones community of collectors and friends, that one of the greatest American traders who ever lived was killed in a traffic accident last month. From Florida, Charlie McCormick, more popularly known as "Rockin" Rott" was one of the warmest, friendliest and most genuine people that I ever met. He created some of the finest Rolling Stones artwork for our recordings that was ever produced by anyone. Anyone familiar with his great artwork knows that he used, as his trademark, the image of his beloved rottweiler who died long ago. He did this in an attempt to preserve the memory of his lost pet forever on the artworks we all know and share. Now he is gone himself, but his memory will always be kept alive in the artwork he created for all of us.

Charlie McCormick was kind and generous to a fault, and his love for the Rolling Stones and their music was legendary. I have known him for many years, and am devastated to hear the tragic news of his sudden and untimely death. He was one of the best people I ever met in my entire life. For the many people whose lives he touched, who were fortunate enough to have known him in the short time he was here--he will be sorely missed.

Gene M. Broxson

IP Logged

StPeteStone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Madeira Beach, Florida
Re: Rockin" Rott, one of the greatest US traders h
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 7:00pm
Gene M. Broxson wrote on Jul 30th, 2009 at 6:57pm:
I am shocked and saddened to report to the Rolling Stones community of collectors and friends, that one of the greatest American traders who ever lived was killed in a traffic accident last month. From Florida, Charlie McCormick, more popularly known as "Rockin" Rott" was one of the warmest, friendliest and most genuine people that I ever met. He created some of the finest Rolling Stones artwork for our recordings that was ever produced by anyone. Anyone familiar with his great artwork knows that he used, as his trademark, the image of his beloved rottweiler who died long ago. He did this in an attempt to preserve the memory of his lost pet forever on the artworks we all know and share. Now he is gone himself, but his memory will always be kept alive in the artwork he created for all of us.

Charlie McCormick was kind and generous to a fault, and his love for the Rolling Stones and their music was legendary. I have known him for many years, and am devastated to hear the tragic news of his sudden and untimely death. He was one of the best people I ever met in my entire life. For the many people whose lives he touched, who were fortunate enough to have known him in the short time he was here--he will be sorely missed.

Gene M. Broxson

RIP Charlie.

Now I don't mind choppin' wood, and I don't care if ma money's no good. Ya take what ya need and ya leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best.
&&...&&...&&...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2009 at 11:54pm
rip rott

IP Logged

drno12
Rocks Off Regular

Germany
Reply #3 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 4:30am
I will miss you Charlie!

Rest in Peace, my friend!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)