Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stones On Guitar Hero 5 (Read 435 times)
left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Stones On Guitar Hero 5
Jul 15th, 2009 at 6:58pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

The Rolling Stones, Elton John, the White Stripes and Nirvana are among the highlights in the latest wave of rockers who will have songs features on the upcoming Guitar Hero 5 music video game. For the White Stripes, who provide their Get Behind Me Satan opener “Blue Orchid,” and Elton John, whose “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)” will be alright for playing, GH5 marks the first time their songs have appeared on a music video game.

Additionally, GH5 will feature an unreleased live recording of Nirvana’s Nevermind track “Lithium,” the Stones’ “Sympathy For The Devil” and an exclusive re-recording of the Love & Rockets’ “Mirror People.” Other standouts include the Police’s “So Lonely,” Sonic Youth’s Rather Ripped track “Incinerate,” the Screaming Trees’ “Nearly Lost You,” Kiss’ “Shout It Out Loud” and our readers’ favorite American Song, Tom Petty’s “American Girl.”

As Rock Daily reported last week, songs from Bob Dylan, Beck, David Bowie, Beastie Boys and Coldplay will all feature among the 85 playable on-disc tunes on Guitar Hero 5, due out September 1st. We tested out the game at this year’s E3 conference, trying out the new Party Mode and RockFest feature. In addition to GH5, Harmonix will also release Guitar Hero: Van Halen, Band Hero and DJ Hero by year’s end.

www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2009 at 7:41pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: Stones On Guitar Hero 5
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2009 at 7:04pm
The LNN (lefty news network) is working overtime today I see. Wink...maybe the Stones can tour behind this. will ya 2

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 12:50pm
An all-Stones guitar Hero game, like the all-Aerosmith game, would greatly increase the number of young fans. They should look into it.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:36pm
so how much different is this from alot of the shows we've seen the last few years?
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2009 at 3:38pm by mojoman »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)