Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
"Ya Yas" 40th anniversary deluxe edition!! (Read 3,997 times)
Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: "Ya Yas" 40th anniversary deluxe edition!!
Reply #25 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 3:56pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Quote:
No talk of new material though.

^ Why are you so obsessed with Joey's lack of posting skills??!??!?
« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2009 at 3:57pm by Saint Sway »  

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 4:04pm
nuttin but net! :smile

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #27 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 5:01pm
The new incaranation of Jump Back... will these new liner notes be like the crap we got in Rarities?

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #28 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 6:39pm
yes... its the first news of "new" product that has really caught my interest in a looong time - i tried to get excited about ABB but it just didn't happen - and maybe that should have been a warning sign - you shouldn't have to TRY to get excited over anything if it is the  real thing

anyway, as zack suggested, I look forward to hearing  the Ya Yas takes of UMT GS satisfaction (You got to move??) - the versions in Gimme Shelter were great - and on that point were the non - altamont songs in Gimme Shelter from MSG or were they from various shows??

on the tour question i agree with G. - its hard to see the point really - i too would prefer their energies were put into a a comprehensive and carefully considered  "vaults" release

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

keithriffhard27
Rocks Off Regular

mothafucka

100 years ago
Reply #29 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:33pm
hopefully the new footage on that Ya-Ya's DVD is unused Maysles footage, which they have to have tons of, litterally whole shows of Madison Square Garden, Altamont, and a gigantic fucking treasure trove of backstage shenanigans......maybe old Uncle Fred Sessler cutting some lines for Gram and Keith Perverted Mick

Too Weird to live, Too rare to die&&- Hunter S. Thompson&&&&11/22/05 Delta Center, SLC&&&&"I've never had a problem with drugs, just cops."&&- Keef

IP Logged

wiseblood
Rocks Off Regular

Wading pools and beer
on a hot summer day...

Boston, MA
Reply #30 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:41pm
Steel Wheels wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:35am:
Screw all this old shit. Gimme some new material and a world tour. I enjoy the energy we all get when they are on the road. There will be time enough for looking through the past darkly and revisiting all of these treasures.

no, no, no.

there is nothing more exciting in 2009 than OLD SHIT that has been expanded.

let's face it: the Stones' best days in the studio are WAY behind them and new material, if we are to base it on the last 2 studio releases, isn't all that glorious, especially ABB. 

i say OPEN THE VAULTS.   there is no shame in them admitting (finally) that they can't write new, exciting, original music anymore.  it's all good.  we knew that.  just put your dicks on the table guys and OPEN THE VAULTS. 

mick has been VERY protective of the past and maybe- just maybe - he is starting to realize all the money he is losing out on. 

you just wait...RockBand: Rolling Stones.  it's coming...

Come on queenie, let's shake it.

IP Logged

keithriffhard27
Rocks Off Regular

mothafucka

100 years ago
Reply #31 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:46pm
wiseblood wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:41pm:
Screw all this old shit. Gimme some new material and a world tour. I enjoy the energy we all get when they are on the road. There will be time enough for looking through the past darkly and revisiting all of these treasures.

no, no, no.

there is nothing more exciting in 2009 than OLD SHIT that has been expanded.

let's face it: the Stones' best days in the studio are WAY behind them and new material, if we are to base it on the last 2 studio releases, isn't all that glorious, especially ABB.  

i say OPEN THE VAULTS.   there is no shame in them admitting (finally) that they can't write new, exciting, original music anymore.  it's all good.  we knew that.  just put your dicks on the table guys and OPEN THE VAULTS.  

mick has been VERY protective of the past and maybe- just maybe - he is starting to realize all the money he is losing out on.  

you just wait...RockBand: Rolling Stones.  it's coming...

ugh no more of that embarrassing rockband shit.

yeah seriously its about time they open up the vaults, theres horrendous amounts of material in there.

(Glad to be back on after a two year sabbatical! I was once known as keithriffhard27, and then today said Fuck it, lets rejoin)

Too Weird to live, Too rare to die&&- Hunter S. Thompson&&&&11/22/05 Delta Center, SLC&&&&"I've never had a problem with drugs, just cops."&&- Keef

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #32 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:22pm
keithriffhard27 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2009 at 10:46pm:
ugh no more of that embarrassing rockband shit.

(Glad to be back on after a two year sabbatical! I was once known as keithriffhard27, and then today said Fuck it, lets rejoin)

agree about the rockband thing i pray they go nowhere near that stuff

welcome back - anyone citing hst is talking my language

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

keithriffhard27
Rocks Off Regular

mothafucka

100 years ago
Reply #33 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 11:23pm
haha thanks dood, although I still havent found out how to put my pictures in my avatar, im such a bitch

Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #34 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 6:12am

you CAN have BOTH, ya know.....!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Fabio Hot Stuff
Rocks Off Regular

http://yayasout.blog
spot.it/

Roma Italy
Reply #35 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 7:46am
I'm happy cause Ya Ya's is my favourite
when it come up??

•••••
I think if my trouser fallin' down 's no good!

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #36 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 8:17am
Gazza wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 6:12am:

too true, we might not get an ideally top notch record, but they could hit the studio soon, and start a tour after...  and still open the vaults up. From a marketing POV, this next tour, would be a great time to really push as much as you can musically. Fans are older, Cd's are dying, you still will have the abiltiy to draw large crowds... you can please all levels of the fan base from young and curious to old die hards... the hardest thing is to record new stuff and sell it, touring and releasing archived stuff is relatively easy.

IP Logged

macdaddy
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #37 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:16am
i wonder if the ya-ya's reissue has anything to do with the delay of the criterion blu release of gimme shelter (which was supposed to drop months ago). i was hoping for more stuff on that title, like whatever was left, and hopefully more full tunes (and an acoustic set that is in tune  Lips Sealed )...

i am setting my sights low on this one, so as not to be disappointed - i will be happy if we get a FULL version of sympathy with this release (too bad it didnt make the ludwig/sacd release, though); anything else will be gravy: more tina and ike, the aforementioned acoustic set - in tune, bb's material...

what was the song that they tied with i'm free..? i am drawing a blank now, but i remember mick t playing a pretty sweet solo in the middle of it - maybe that will see the light of day on this release, too...

not holding my breath, though.

_____

as for the rock band video game thing... i will have to respectfully disagree with my longtime pal, sia. have you ever played a rhythm game..? they can be pretty fun. but that isnt the point. i believe that those rhythm game platforms will be a HUGE music distribution channel; and the stones aint gonna turn their nose at that. in fact, i would think that they stand a chance to make more $$ and appeal to more new fans via these platforms than they do selling cds at brick and mortar stores (itunes will continue to be the #1 distribution channel). and if the stones get their own game, like the beatles, it has the potential to be realy good, with lots of archival stuff. let's just hope that harmonix (rock band) gets the nod over activision (guitar hero), as the former will take the time and release something worth owning, the latter will just release a greatest hits package as a money grab, imo...
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:18am by macdaddy »  

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:30am
I agree with you macdaddy. I know some kids who now like Gimme Shelter because it's featured on one of those games.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 9:51am
Pdog wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 8:17am:
Gazza wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 6:12am:

too true, we might not get an ideally top notch record, but they could hit the studio soon, and start a tour after...  and still open the vaults up. From a marketing POV, this next tour, would be a great time to really push as much as you can musically. Fans are older, Cd's are dying, you still will have the abiltiy to draw large crowds... you can please all levels of the fan base from young and curious to old die hards... the hardest thing is to record new stuff and sell it, touring and releasing archived stuff is relatively easy.

Yep.

The time to act on the archives is NOW, not wait for ten years or so when the band is no more and when hardly anyone will be buying CDs.

The Stones' fanbase is ageing and isnt being replaced by new blood (a natural consequence of hardly any material and a ticket price policy which excludes younger fans).

Their contemporaries - most notably Dylan and Neil Young - are able to record and tour as well as open their archives. Marketing wise, being active helps feed the interest for the old material.

The Stones are by contrast in danger of doing their legacy a great disservice because if they leave this kind of stuff for long enough, there may not be enough 'hardcore' fans left to care about these kind of releases. Its even more inexcusable considering the fact that they've been sitting on their arses for the last two years doing nothing.

Hopefully this release plus the Exile one will be the first steps to correcting that.

If they dont have the interest in doing it themselves, then leaving much of the task to a group of people who have the enthusiasm to do it justice (like The Dead and Dylan have done) is the way to go. They had no qualms after all about entrusting Live Licks and Rarities to other people and ended up releasing albums that they clearly hadnt listened to first or taken any involvement in. Hopefully they'll manage to let loose someone on their archives releases who doesnt make such a balls of it as was the case with those travesties

... ... ...
IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #40 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:25am
The best time to be releasing anything would have been between 1999 and 2002 when the machine was on the blocks and people were still buying CD's. I am sure Mick realizes the cash value of the archives has declined steadily in the last decade.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:26am
I don't think he's interested in releasing any of that stuff. This is probably more of an ABKCO thing than a Jagger bomb.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #42 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:30am
they'd need some co-operation with ABKCO for the additional Exile material as some of it dates from that period, so it would appear that maybe there's been some kind of meeting of minds on that front. The fact that Universal now own the distribution rights to the entire catalogue (outside the US) may have made things easier.

Agree with Dan. They missed a great opportunity with this stuff in the 3 years between the '99 tour and 40 Licks. Would have tied in with the 40th anniversary, and of course there WERE plans for a multi disc release including unreleased material which was jettisoned in favour of 40 Licks.

... ... ...
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 1:10pm
Oh what might have been...

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #44 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 3:16pm
We need Ladies & Genteleman on DVD

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 3:58pm
the live at the max dvd sounds good.  i am interested to hear more about the "new" exile cd too.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #46 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 4:48pm
Gazza wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 10:30am:
they'd need some co-operation with ABKCO for the additional Exile material as some of it dates from that period, so it would appear that maybe there's been some kind of meeting of minds on that front. The fact that Universal now own the distribution rights to the entire catalogue (outside the US) may have made things easier.

Agree with Dan. They missed a great opportunity with this stuff in the 3 years between the '99 tour and 40 Licks. Would have tied in with the 40th anniversary, and of course there WERE plans for a multi disc release including unreleased material which was jettisoned in favour of 40 Licks.

I just read something on another forum, that basically validates what Courtney Love talked about... Was has gotten a hold of great stuff for Exile... if they hold nothing back, this thing could be amazing... and just a tip... hoping!!! I think Jodi Klein and Jagger have connected and some things have been workied out... he's much more diplomatic that the dad...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #47 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 4:50pm
Gimme Shelter wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 3:16pm:

The only way this would be worth having, is the made a new version that didn't focus 95% on Jagger... otherwise, the movie is boring IMO. The music is great, so i'm more interested in the audio portion... I could look at tour pics from 72 and listen to the concerts from Texas and enjoy that more.

IP Logged

Honky Tonk Man
Rocks Off Regular

Blackwater, Hampshire
Reply #48 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 5:03pm
Pdog wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 4:50pm:

The only way this would be worth having, is the made a new version that didn't focus 95% on Jagger... otherwise, the movie is boring IMO. The music is great, so i'm more interested in the audio portion... I could look at tour pics from 72 and listen to the concerts from Texas and enjoy that more.

Agree 100%. I haven’t watched L&G for some time, but do recall the camera work being a little overly Jagger-friendly. Don’t get me wrong: I like to watch Jagger, but not during a Mick Taylor or Keith Richards’s solo – very frustrating viewing.

I would prefer a CD release of the ’72 Tour.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #49 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 5:09pm
Honky Tonk Man wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 5:03pm:
Pdog wrote on Jul 3rd, 2009 at 4:50pm:

Agree 100%. I haven’t watched L&G for some time, but do recall the camera work being a little overly Jagger-friendly. Don’t get me wrong: I like to watch Jagger, but not during a Mick Taylor or Keith Richards’s solo – very frustrating viewing.

I would prefer a CD release of the ’72 Tour.

not seeing Taylor on Keith play, some really great parts... killed me!!! granted Taylor just played, so not alot to watch outside of his solos, but Keith and his riffs are "one".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)