Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: best track

dance    
  4 (12.5%)
summer romance    
  3 (9.4%)
send it to me    
  1 (3.1%)
let me go    
  2 (6.2%)
indian girl    
  1 (3.1%)
where the boys go    
  9 (28.1%)
down in the hole    
  1 (3.1%)
emotional rescue    
  2 (6.2%)
she's so cold    
  8 (25.0%)
all about you    
  1 (3.1%)

Total votes: 32
« Created by: mojoman on: May 18th, 2009 at 1:57pm »

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Anything Emotional Rescue... (Read 9,748 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Anything Emotional Rescue...
May 18th, 2009 at 9:15am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Principally recorded at Pathe-Marconi Studios, Paris, France and Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas.

Having reestablished themselves as the world's greatest rock and roll band with 1978's SOME GIRLS, the Stones returned to the same stylistic well for EMOTIONAL RESCUE. The album continues the band's fascination with the disco sounds of the time and the reggae grooves they'd been indulging in since BLACK 'N BLUE. But best of all for long-time Stones fans, the ‘SCUE was stacked full of the kind of rhythmically propelled garage rockers that made the band's early '70s albums wall-to-wall classics, with Jagger at the top of his game.

Many of the tracks had been leftover from the SOME GIRLS sessions and reflect the band's loose-limbed state. "Dance, Pt.1" is classic Stones riffology, with free-associative pro-New York lyrics that make it "Shattered"s more ragged cousin. "She's So Cold" is a Chuck-Berry-at-Studio-54 declaration that Jagger and Richards could by this time write in their sleep. The classic title track is a slick, mid-tempo slinker that ranks among the most unique sonic statements in the band's catalog. The whole collection is at once so familiar and effortless that few could argue the point that, in 1980 the Stones were as good as Big Rock got. The album closes with the best Keith Richards song ever!

The Rolling Stones: Mick Jagger (vocals, guitar, piano); Keith Richards (guitar, piano, vocals); Ron Wood (guitar, pedal steel guitar, bass); Bill Wyman (bass); Charlie Watts (drums).

Additional personnel: Sugar Blue (harmonica); Bobby Keys (saxophone); Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins (piano); Michael Shrieve (percussion); Max Romeo (background vocals).

1.      Dance (Pt. 1)
     2.      Summer Romance
     3.      Send It to Me
     4.      Let Me Go
     5.      Indian Girl
     6.      Where the Boys Go
     7.      Down in the Hole
     8.      Emotional Rescue
     9.      She's So Cold
     10.      All About You

Dance Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9S7t1T66w

Summer romance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnfvyJ2ovg

Send it to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmskw6Zdr0M

Let me go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV6Z8a-izb8

Indian girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCoc6tNcHg

Where the boys go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLUMSalJ9M

Down in the hole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UJ3g4uNqRM

Emotional Rescue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tQPodGgeM

She’s so cold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnikonQsdU

All about you
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPSoOuD2ms

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 9:21am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: Anything Emotional Rescue...
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2009 at 9:16am
Credited to the writing team of Mick Jagger and Richards, "All About You" is solely the work of Richards. The song is a slow bittersweet ballad that has been interpreted as a final comment on the Anita Pallenberg romance that began in 1967 and ended in 1979 when Richards met his future wife model Patti Hansen. Richards' lyrics and singing express mixed feelings of attachment and revulsion; however, the song may also be interpreted as an early sign of the fracturing relationship between Richards and Mick Jagger, the longtime leaders of the band. Keith Richards had "cleaned up" after his 1977 Toronto heroin bust and wanted to take more responsibility back from Jagger. The lead singer and lead businessman had kept the band rolling through the worst period of Richards excesses in the 70s, and in several interviews, Richards stated he immediately encountered resistance from Jagger regarding his new interest in taking some of the front mans burden.[1]

Richards said in 2002, "I went through a very tough thing in the early '80s with Mick. So you get some songs like 'All About You,' to name just one. There's more on some of the Expensive Winos records." Saxophonist Bobby Keys said of the song, "It had a little bit of sentimental input there about his feelings for Mick at the time. Just listen to the lyrics." In the song, Richards bemoans a relationship he's in with harsh lyrics; Well if you call this a life, Why must I spend mine with you? If the show must go on, Let it go on without you
Though the laughs may be cheap, That's just 'cause the joke's about you; I'm so sick and tired, Of hanging around with dogs like you

On the writing, Richards said, "That song was hanging around for three years. After researching to make sure it wasn't somebody else who wrote it, I finally decided that it must have been me." Recording took place between January and February of 1978 during the last recordings made for Some Girls. A sign of his closeness to the song, Richards performs bass, piano, and also electric guitars and backing vocals with Ron Wood. Keys performs the song's distinctive saxophone. Charlie Watts performs drums.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2009 at 9:29am
Some Guy wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 9:15am:
the ‘SCUE

really?

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

StonesFanatic
Rocks Off Regular

Rolling Stones purist

Boston
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2009 at 9:44am
Still don't really like this album, but respect that you do, Some Guy!

WWW rnrchemist  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2009 at 10:19am
'If I Was a Dancer' is somewhat better than 'Dance Pt 1'......

and I will personally indulge in fisticuffs with anyone who doesn't think 'Where The Boys Go' is great.
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 10:20am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5 - May 18th, 2009 at 11:54am
Gazza wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 10:19am:

and I will personally indulge in fisticuffs with anyone who doesn't think 'Where The Boys Go' is great.

When he sings Where the Boys Go with that accent and shit, I swear he sounds like he'll spit in your eye.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Dakar
Reply #6 - May 18th, 2009 at 12:41pm
Here's anything.

I will always love ER because it is the first new Stones album to come out after I became obsessed.  In the time since SG, I had collected most of their catalog on vinyl, and in the summer of 1980 I was 16 and a full-fledged addict.  I counted the days until it came out, the first time I did that for any album.    I remember vividly another kid saying to me "have you heard the name of the new Stones album, Emotional Relief?"  I figured out his mistake when the radio played the single, which I admit was a bit baffling and un-Stones like to me (that hasn't really changed).  

So on the big day I was so excited I went to Price's Music Shop before school, and of course the store was still closed at 8 a.m.  Went straight back after school and plunked down my $5.98 for the cassette so I could listen in my 74 Duster.  I was very anti-disco at the time, having suffered the likes of the Bee Gees during my AM radio years, and was appalled at Dance Part 1.  But loved Summer Romance, Let Me Go, Down in the Hole, and She's So Cold immediately.  A bit disappointed overall, but it really grew on me.  One of those albums that brings you back to a certain place and time, and for me, it's drinking 10 oz Budweisers next to the car in a cornfield (not much to do in rural Easton, Maryland back then).  Actually, my current copy is still the CBS version.  I may pick up the new one.  Tonight, and every night.

« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 12:46pm by Zack »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #7 - May 18th, 2009 at 12:55pm
That All about you video is great!

IP Logged

Jumacfly
Rocks Off Regular

He Men Emotional Rescue
Lovers Society Chairman

Montpellier
Reply #8 - May 18th, 2009 at 12:56pm
Sun is back, with Rhum, Weed,a new professional activity (sound design for websites hotlines and videos) and a forthcoming little macfly baby ( a girl called Isis and sadly not Charlie)... piss off

SO,yes and definitely YES, It's time to play Emotional Rescue very loud like we do here  Blank Frigging Stare

oh, and bless you all fellas Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?!   :smile

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #9 - May 18th, 2009 at 12:59pm
Jumacfly wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 12:56pm:
Sun is back, with Rhum, Weed,a new professional activity (sound design for websites hotlines and videos) and a forthcoming little macfly baby ( a girl called Isis and sadly not Charlie)... piss off

SO,yes and definitely YES, It's time to play Emotional Rescue very loud like we do here  Blank Frigging Stare

oh, and bless you all fellas Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?!   :smile  

The Chairman of
The He Man Emotional Rescue Lovers Appreciation Society
has spoken!!!!! Nizzleism!!!!!! Better seen on weed! Let's go get drunk Better seen on weed!
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 1:27pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #10 - May 18th, 2009 at 1:23pm
Emotional Rescue is an "A" album!

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #11 - May 18th, 2009 at 1:30pm
lotsajizz wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 1:23pm:
Emotional Rescue is an "A" album!

Walk off home run postin'

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #12 - May 18th, 2009 at 1:58pm
how about the outakes?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #13 - May 18th, 2009 at 2:10pm
When other Stones albums are chips, Emotional Rescue is the macaroni with the cheese...
« Last Edit: May 18th, 2009 at 2:23pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #14 - May 18th, 2009 at 3:41pm
mojoman wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 1:58pm:
how about the outakes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m8NDoVzf3k

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #15 - May 18th, 2009 at 4:13pm

beyond great... they would've torn this shit up live in 1981... when you got an arsenal as big as thiers, you forget a few here and there...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #16 - May 18th, 2009 at 4:15pm
mojoman wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 1:58pm:
how about the outakes?

There's akiller exteneded version of Indian Girl, and some alt. takes of other songs in ex. quality.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #17 - May 18th, 2009 at 4:16pm
and a longer version of the title track to with more lyrics...

no doubt, it is the best record they put out before Tattoo You and best record after Some Girls! That can not be argued!

IP Logged

PartyDoll MEG
Rocks Off Regular

Just one drink from your
lovin' cup

Reply #18 - May 18th, 2009 at 5:54pm
Jumacfly wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 12:56pm:

SO,yes and definitely YES, It's time to play Emotional Rescue very loud like we do here  Blank Frigging Stare

oh, and bless you all fellas Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?!   :smile  

Congrats, Ju!!  And so nice to see you!!

Emotional Rescue ,huh??

It has been awhile since the Guy had a thread about his favorite, so I'll cut him some slack...

And Gazza..
Where do the Boys go?

IP Logged

Jumacfly
Rocks Off Regular

He Men Emotional Rescue
Lovers Society Chairman

Montpellier
Reply #19 - May 19th, 2009 at 12:52pm
I ll always be there to defend our knight on his shining armour Meg!
thanks for the kind words Wink

IP Logged

Throwaway
Rocks Off Regular

MD
Reply #20 - May 19th, 2009 at 1:20pm
Why the hell did they play Let Me Go live?  It's alright, but I don't understand why they played SSC and LMG live in '81-2, but not Where the Boys Go, Dance, Send It To Me (couldn't play Neighbors during the same show), All About You?  All About You sounds pretty good on NS boots, but I really doubt much of the audience could recognize it.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2009 at 4:35pm
Ju, congrats on the upcoming arrival of Baby Isis!! All the best.

On topic, Let Me Go is a great song.

LJ.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #22 - May 19th, 2009 at 10:17pm
Finally a worthwhile pole. Thanks Mojo Smiley...My vote went to Dance...just because. But SSC certainly is the standout track on the album.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #23 - May 20th, 2009 at 6:00am
Songfacts:   

This alienated many Stones fans who thought it was a sell out to Disco, but it was still a Top 10 hit in the US and UK.

Mick Jagger sang much of this in a falsetto, which was the thing to do with Disco songs. The Bee Gees did the same thing, but unlike The Stones, were never able to get back the fans they lost to Disco.

Jagger: 'We were just doing dance music, you know. It was just a dance music lick I was just playing on the keyboard. Charlie has a really nice groove for that." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

Bobby Keys' sax solo and Mick Jagger's vocals were added almost a year after the rhythm track was recorded.

Jagger wrote this on an electric piano.

The video for this used the same thermal imagery effect as the album cover. It was cutting-edge visual stuff in 1980.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #24 - May 20th, 2009 at 6:04am
Like the thermographic photos of the Rolling Stones on the album cover, Emotional Rescue is a portfolio of burned-out cases and fire trails. High-contrast patterns of familiar outlines and blackened patches where the heat has burned and gone, these photographs – like pictures of corpses from some holocaust–are practically unrecognizable. As far as the music goes, familiar is an understatement. There's hardly a melody here you haven't heard from the Stones before. but then that's nothing new. Me. I'd rather be reminded of Between the Buttons by the venal, high-speed whine of "She's So Cold" than revisit "Miss You" outtakes by way of the interminable "Dance (Pt. 1)," but there are plenty of rooms available at the current memory motel.

Still, the Stones' sound is so identifiable that it's hard to remember how carefully they've developed it: the just-shrillenough blend of harmonica and sax, the similarly gruff treble in their forced high harmonies. And I should tell you about the changes. Mick Jagger sings in falsetto, someone who sounds like a bad Bob Dylan (my God. it's Keith Richards!) takes a snuffling lead vocal and special guest Max Romeo does a bird chant. But you know as well as I do that nobody talks about the musical innovations on a Stones or Dylan record unless the artists themselves have run out of things to say.

One thing's for sure: Emotional Rescue isn't the news-break that 1978's Some Girls was. The Rolling Stones haven't suddenly gone salsa (in spite of some south-of-the-border horns). Old hands haven't stepped out of early retirement to show cocky young punks exactly how best to offend, and radio censors won't have a case. In place of the ethnic and sexual slurs of the earlier LP's title tune (meant, I've always thought, as a sendup of liberal etiquette), Emotional Rescue extends an open invitation to foreigners: "She could be Roumanian/She could be Bulgarian/She could be Albanian.../Send her to me."

If the Stones have adopted a gentlemanly attitude these days, their prime concerns–sex and money – are the proletariat's, too. But when Mick Jagger is desperate enough to mail-order lovers wholesale, you can't help but wonder who's supposed to be rescuing whom. At least he has fun with the idea. "I will be your knight in shining armor," he intones at the end of the title track, sounding like a high-priced fantasy gigolo gone silly with the strain. After nearly eighteen years of well-paid nights and approximately twenty-seven albums of acted out desires, maybe these guys can't help getting lust and cash confused.

"Summer Romance" – a you've-heard-it-before, snotnosed schoolgirl version of "Maggie May"–starts out randy and ends up simply insolvent: "I need money so bad/ I can't be your mama/ I don't want to be your dad." In "Emotional Rescue," the distress that the waiting damsel feels is strictly financial ("... you can't get out/ You're just a poor girl in a rich man's house"). Even the blandly funky, mostly instrumental "Dance (Pt. 1)" pauses in mid-boogie for a couple of rich-man/poor-man jokes. Indeed, so much of this record is obsessed with having and not having that the rescue operation ostensibly taking place seems like it should be aimed at those whose emotions were exchanged for hard currency long ago.

Still, judging by Emotional Rescue's language, the Rolling Stones–Jagger and Richards at least–are feeling as vulnerable as zombies can. Never ones to be self-deprecating, they've translated that feeling into global terms. A jilted Jagger fools around (literally) with foreign affairs in "Send It to Me," proposing an energetic redevelopment program – a sort of self-help sexual capitalism: "She may work in a factory/Right next door to me." In "Indian Girl" (where the Stones meet mariachi), Central American political realities are seriously, if rather vaguely, considered: "Mister Gringo, my father he ain't no Ché Guevara/He's fighting the war in the streets of Masaya." And in the agonizingly slow blues. "Down in the Hole," the black markets, foreign zones and diplomatic immunities of modern rebellion merely become so much barbed wire in a private war of emotional imperialism: "You'll be...down in the gutter, begging for cigarettes, begging forgiveness ... / Down in the hole after digging the trenches, looking for comfort...."

You could legitimately writhe at the idea of a sleek and well-fed Mick Jagger preaching patience to a starving Nicaraguan child ("Life just goes on getting harder and harder" is the extent of his advice). But so much of Emotional Rescue seems vague and not quite real–life seen from very far away–that it's hard to take the LP seriously. Even when it comes to simple desire, the Stones act like tourists in a foreign country. "In the night, I was crying like a child," Jagger confesses in the middle of "Emotional Rescue," and his voice sounds as estranged and bewildered as the echoing horn.

People will tell you that even in the studio, the Stones have struck a nonalignment pact, entering and leaving separately on different days. Ships that pass in the night, it's said, seldom tootle in tune unless their radar is very, very good. Once, of course, the Rolling Stones' was the finest in the world. With each new album, you had the sense that they were looking over your shoulder, pointing an ironie finger at your most private fantasies. This was what made that devil pose so convincing, even to nonhallucinating brains. The Stones really did seem to have foreknowledge of our causes and concerns. And the my stique of their precognition made rock & roll seem–for a while–to be the intellectual and emotional collectivism that would rule the world.

That was a long time ago. But even two years back. Some Girls still had a good bit of impudent, anticipatory spark–or at least an experienced. I told-you-so air that was second best. With its fusion of tedneck rudeness and elegant, discofied languor (and its honking, conspicuous New York orientation). Some Girls placed itself near the front of the Old Guard. The stubborn self-respect of "Before They Make Me Run." the tough but good-humored sexual irony of "Beast of Burden" and the impeccable yet slightly melancholy arrogance of "Miss You" suggested a prime of life in which hearts and minds could survive against both power and possessions and continue to make rock & roll. These songs seemed to be saying that wit, anger and the ability to move fast would keep you alive. And Sugar Blue's harmonica gave you all the tenderness you needed.

Nowadays, Sugar Blue is buried in the mix, and there's a weird sort of powerlessness in even the funniest numbers. ("She's So Cold," "Send It to Me" and the title cut are Emotional Rescue's standouts.) Lovers leave or turn reluctant for no explicable reason. And for all the Stones' tongue-in-cheek insistence that ladies are commodities to be mail-ordered or tinkered with, it doesn't seem to make them any casier to control. ("I tried rewiring her," Mick Jagger sings in "She's So Cold." "I think her engine is permanently stalled.") Once I would have believed that such irony meant Jagger knew better, but now I think he's hoping his feelings of powerlessness will pass for cynicism.

Sometimes when I turn up the volume, looking for the connection I can't believe isn't there. I imagine that the Stones have actually died and this word-per feet, classic-sounding, spiritless record is a message from the grave. That would be the only irony that could save Emotional Rescue, the only vantage point that would explain the Rolling Stones' insulated view of wide horizons, their passionless disillusionment, their foreigner's confusion about sex, money and worldly possessions. Otherwise, unless the Stones are born again or something, I'm afraid that people won't be calling them survivors much longer.

Rolling Stone review

(Posted: Aug 21, 1980)

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #25 - May 20th, 2009 at 7:08am
Some Guy wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 6:00am:
Songfacts:  

This alienated many Stones fans who thought it was a sell out to Disco, but it was still a Top 10 hit in the US and UK.Mick Jagger sang much of this in a falsetto, which was the thing to do with Disco songs. The Bee Gees did the same thing, but unlike The Stones, were never able to get back the fans they lost to Disco.

Jagger: 'We were just doing dance music, you know. It was just a dance music lick I was just playing on the keyboard. Charlie has a really nice groove for that." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

Bobby Keys' sax solo and Mick Jagger's vocals were added almost a year after the rhythm track was recorded.

The video for this used the same thermal imagery effect as the album cover. It was cutting-edge visual stuff in 1980.

Not really a major accomplishment to be honest. Back then, if the Stones had released a crackling tape of two dogs farting and put it out as the first single from an album it would have gone top 10 in the UK. 'Emotional Rescue' reached #9 from what I remember which was seen as quite disappointing, as 'Miss You' (itself a nod to disco) had reached #2.

I still think it was a poor choice for a first single. It was far too long and the forced falsetto and faux-crooning later in the song just sounded silly. The sax and Ronnie's bass are fantastic though.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - May 20th, 2009 at 7:11am
Throwaway wrote on May 19th, 2009 at 1:20pm:
Why the hell did they play Let Me Go live?  It's alright, but I don't understand why they played SSC and LMG live in '81-2, but not Where the Boys Go, Dance, Send It To Me (couldn't play Neighbors during the same show), All About You?  All About You sounds pretty good on NS boots, but I really doubt much of the audience could recognize it.

Let Me Go and She's So Cold were awful on that tour - a pair of noisy thrashes, with all the subtlety of the studio versions totally lost. The percussion and Mick's vocal delivery on the studio Let Me Go are superb.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #27 - May 20th, 2009 at 7:41am
Gazza wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 7:08am:
Some Guy wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 6:00am:
Songfacts:  

This alienated many Stones fans who thought it was a sell out to Disco, but it was still a Top 10 hit in the US and UK.Mick Jagger sang much of this in a falsetto, which was the thing to do with Disco songs. The Bee Gees did the same thing, but unlike The Stones, were never able to get back the fans they lost to Disco.

Not really a major accomplishment to be honest. Back then, if the Stones had released a crackling tape of two dogs farting and put it out as the first single from an album it would have gone top 10 in the UK. 'Emotional Rescue' reached #9 from what I remember which was seen as quite disappointing, as 'Miss You' (itself a nod to disco) had reached #2.

I still think it was a poor choice for a first single. It was far too long and the forced falsetto and faux-crooning later in the song just sounded silly. The sax and Ronnie's bass are fantastic though.

dude??
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2009 at 7:45am by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #28 - May 20th, 2009 at 1:39pm

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #29 - May 20th, 2009 at 2:19pm

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #30 - May 20th, 2009 at 2:40pm
he'd look good in purple.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Dakar
Reply #31 - May 20th, 2009 at 2:41pm
To me, Let Me Go was the obvious choice for the first single.   And it wouldn't have confused me so, as recounted in my quaint anecdote above.  Didn't anybody like my quaint fucking anecdote?   piss off

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #32 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:00pm
Zack wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 2:41pm:
To me, Let Me Go was the obvious choice for the first single.   And it wouldn't have confused me so, as recounted in my quaint anecdote above.  Didn't anybody like my quaint fucking anecdote?   piss off

I missed it, what was it?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #33 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:01pm
Starbuck wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 2:40pm:
he'd look good in purple.

you guys are going down that road already.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Dakar
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Some Guy wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 3:00pm:
I missed it, what was it?

:hilarious

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #35 - May 21st, 2009 at 10:44am
Zack wrote on May 18th, 2009 at 12:41pm:
Here's anything.

I will always love ER because it is the first new Stones album to come out after I became obsessed.  In the time since SG, I had collected most of their catalog on vinyl, and in the summer of 1980 I was 16 and a full-fledged addict.  I counted the days until it came out, the first time I did that for any album.    I remember vividly another kid saying to me "have you heard the name of the new Stones album, Emotional Relief?"  I figured out his mistake when the radio played the single, which I admit was a bit baffling and un-Stones like to me (that hasn't really changed).  

So on the big day I was so excited I went to Price's Music Shop before school, and of course the store was still closed at 8 a.m.  Went straight back after school and plunked down my $5.98 for the cassette so I could listen in my 74 Duster.  I was very anti-disco at the time, having suffered the likes of the Bee Gees during my AM radio years, and was appalled at Dance Part 1.  But loved Summer Romance, Let Me Go, Down in the Hole, and She's So Cold immediately.  A bit disappointed overall, but it really grew on me.  One of those albums that brings you back to a certain place and time, and for me, it's drinking 10 oz Budweisers next to the car in a cornfield (not much to do in rural Easton, Maryland back then).  Actually, my current copy is still the CBS version.  I may pick up the new one.  Tonight, and every night.

This mirrors my memories quite uncannily (although I was 17). Some guy (ack) I played football with mentioned that he'd heard a new Stones record called something like 'Emotional Release' and it 'sounded like the fuckin' Bee Gees'.

I remember that it was supposed to have come out before Christmas 1979 ("wishful thinking on EMI's part!" Jagger said in a BBC radio interview which he did when it was released) and then kept getting delayed. In mid June I actually read in the Melody Maker that it was going to be delayed again because it contained a litigious song called 'Claudine' (which in retrospect seems a bit strange as that was recorded for Some Girls..maybe they got confused). So I was surprised a few days later to see the album - with the wraparound thermographic poster which I still have to this day - in a shop window.

Like you, it was the first Stones album that I bought immediately on release. I was a bit disappointed in it after 'Some Girls' although I liked Where The Boys Go, Let Me Go and She's So Cold the most. I thought the title track was embarrassing (I've since grown to like bits of it as I mentioned earlier), Indian Girl was horrid (I still dont like it) and All About You was dire (I love that one now, however). The rest struck me as solid enough without being anything special.

That BBC interview with Jagger was pretty good as I remember. They played 4 songs from the album (the title track, She's So Cold, Where The Boys Go and (I think) Dance), Mick explained the appearance of female backing singers on WTBG ('two or three teenage girls who live around the corner from me (in New York) and who wanted to be singers - I can't remember their names'), answered a question on whether he might make a solo record by saying "I've a load of songs the band probably wouldnt like, so I may as well go in to the studio and knock them off", mentioned that they would make another record very soon as they had so many songs left over (which they did) and when asked about the long term plans for a group who were pushing 40, said that they had no plans to quit but "I cant imagine us going on much further than..... (I remember nervously holding my breath as he paused at this point)......1990"....

Blank Frigging Stare
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2009 at 10:45am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #36 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:05pm
Let Me Go sounded fine live. They should have done Summer Romance. This was the 1st new release I purchased on my own although I had purchased Between The Buttons a bit earlier.

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #37 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:52pm

I find the female vocals at the end rather shrill & annoying but except for that, yeah, I really like the tune. Has it ever been played live?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2009 at 11:01pm
No, never live. I agree, the backing vox is troublesome.

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Dakar
Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2009 at 6:04am
Edith Grove wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:52pm:
I find the female vocals at the end rather shrill & annoying

A bit like the Clash meet the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2009 at 3:20pm

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Dakar
Reply #41 - May 22nd, 2009 at 4:07pm
Gazza, your influence is profound!  Whooda thunk WTBAG would be the runaway winner in the poll?   Ouch!

Me, I voted for Let Me Go.  Love the dub production.

(Starbuck, your movie didn't work . . . kept cutting out and back to play.

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #42 - May 22nd, 2009 at 4:07pm
Edith Grove wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:52pm:

I find the female vocals at the end rather shrill & annoying but except for that, yeah, I really like the tune. Has it ever been played live?

They rehearsed for SNL in 1978, it is on a bootleg, can't remeber which one... not really live, but it was being thought about, even before ER was released.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #43 - May 22nd, 2009 at 4:25pm
Zack wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 4:07pm:

works fine for me!

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #44 - May 22nd, 2009 at 4:44pm

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #45 - May 23rd, 2009 at 2:48am
Starbuck wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 4:25pm:

works fine for me!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-541a526b08cee4d1622b4bdf1165f3ec.html

Wow! you made a grown man cry

IP Logged

leonid
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #46 - May 23rd, 2009 at 3:13am

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #47 - May 26th, 2009 at 2:09pm
While the other Stones albums were stuck crawling home in Memorial Day traffic yesterday, Emotional Rescue was racing along the side of the highway, smokin a doob and getting a hummer from a stripper named Chastity.

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #48 - May 26th, 2009 at 2:15pm
leonid wrote on May 23rd, 2009 at 2:48am:
Starbuck wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 4:25pm:

works fine for me!

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/movie-uk-541a526b08cee4d1622b4bdf1165f3ec.html

Wow! you made a grown man cry

is it me, or does the SS thing just never get old?

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #49 - May 26th, 2009 at 5:24pm
Shit!
how is it possible that this thread still hasnt been stickied??!!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Is the Unholy Trinity snoozing on the job??
Blank Frigging Stare

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #50 - May 26th, 2009 at 5:27pm
Gazza, your influence is profound!  Whooda thunk WTBAG would be the runaway winner in the poll?   Ouch!

If the threat of violence is what it takes to get some of you bastards into line so that you can appreciate the greatness that is 'Where The Boys Go', then so be it.

Je ne regrette rien, Ronnie.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #51 - May 26th, 2009 at 5:36pm
Whenever I hear the Stones playing I have a Pavlovian reaction to drink.

However, when I hear "Where The Boys Go" my reaction is to drink really, really fast.

IMO, WTBG are best Stones lyrics ever

I mean, how do you trump "... saturday mornin and you'll see me round the pub. I'm pissin away me money and I cant stand up"

^ thats the tood right there!!!

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2009 at 5:38pm by Saint Sway »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #52 - May 26th, 2009 at 5:55pm
That great, incisive lyric sums up how I spent my summer in 1980!  Let's go get drunk

It was the soundtrack of our lives...or some other absolute bollocks!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #53 - May 27th, 2009 at 6:11am
and all before 9am.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - May 27th, 2009 at 3:36pm
"Dance" - a song so damn good, they had to release two versions of it!

suck on that "Brown Sugar"
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2009 at 3:38pm by Saint Sway »  

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #55 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:37pm
Saint Sway wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 3:36pm:

Whaddya mean? They must have released about seven different versions of Brown Sugar by now!

... ... ...
IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #56 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:44pm
i love dance, it's one of those tunes that says "summer is here".

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #57 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:48pm
Gazza wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:37pm:

Whaddya mean? They must have released about seven different versions of Brown Sugar by now!

what? Live versions? pffffft big deal

same thing for all the other war horses

its not like theres a Brown Sugar Pt. II

Gazza, as Stones historian, surely you recognize the significance of song like Dance that was considered so good in their eyes that they deemed it worthy of a Pt. I and a Pt. II

Its Reason #37 why Emotional Rescue is the greatest album they ever released.

IP Logged

Egon
Rocks Off Regular

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLLING
STONES

A Dutchy in Marseille, France
Reply #58 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:52pm
dance and undercover; 2 songs they were never able to do live.

Let the Good times Rolling Stones! - Proud member of Rocks off since 2001 ...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #59 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:55pm
Egon wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:52pm:
dance and undercover; 2 songs they were never able to do live.

Dance was a highlight of the Licks tour!! They played it superbly

I've been let down by Undercover at a few shows. But I thought they rocked it at The Beacon on the last tour.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #60 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:55pm
Gazza wrote on May 26th, 2009 at 5:55pm:
That great, incisive lyric sums up how I spent my summer in 1980!  Let's go get drunk

damn gazza...i love when you post in an irish accent.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #61 - May 27th, 2009 at 4:58pm

'Dance, Pt. 1' was done on the Licks Tour.
Saw it at The Orpheum.

It's also on 'Four Flicks'.

« Last Edit: May 27th, 2009 at 5:02pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #62 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:08pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:58pm:
Saw it at The Orpheum.

^ faces were melted. Doors were blown.

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #63 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:12pm
Saint Sway wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 5:08pm:
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:58pm:
Saw it at The Orpheum.

^ faces were melted.

The fact that it was 150° F in that ol' dump might've been a contributing factor...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #64 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:15pm
Starbuck wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:55pm:
Gazza wrote on May 26th, 2009 at 5:55pm:
That great, incisive lyric sums up how I spent my summer in 1980!  Let's go get drunk

damn gazza...i love when you post in an irish accent.

LOL....just to differentiate. In a Dublin accent it's pronounced "bollix" - in a BELFAST accent though,  it's pronounced "bahlix"...

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #65 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:22pm
I've learned more from Gazza then I've ever learned in school.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #66 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:24pm
Saint Sway wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:48pm:
Gazza wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 4:37pm:

what? Live versions? pffffft big deal

same thing for all the other war horses

its not like theres a Brown Sugar Pt. II

Gazza, as Stones historian, surely you recognize the significance of song like Dance that was considered so good in their eyes that they deemed it worthy of a Pt. I and a Pt. II

Indeed. And part 2 blows part 1 away in my view. The bit where Mick shouts "lightnin'!" is one of my favourite little moments on ANY Stones record.

They could have gone the whole hog and released part 3 as well (aka "Wish A Woman"). ..

..oh, and no Stones concert moment for me ever topped that night in 2005 at Drury Lane at Ronnie's solo gig when they started playing the intro and Mick strutted on, unannounced,  from stage left. I still get goosebumps listening to the crowd reaction on the recording of it.  My mate next to me was taping it and I had to move into the aisle and stick my fingers in my mouth to prevent me yelling too much.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #67 - May 27th, 2009 at 5:33pm
Thats a great story Gazza.

Tomorrow's header pic should be from that show!

(remind Voodoo when he stickies this thread to get those pics up please)

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #68 - May 28th, 2009 at 8:00am
I saw an absolutely smashing version of Undercover in Las Vedas at the MGM Grand show the night after a rather underwhelming Hard Rock show.

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #69 - May 29th, 2009 at 11:02am
Saint Sway wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 5:33pm:

ER is not header worthy. The holy being that is Exile is. What the fuck?

IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #70 - May 31st, 2009 at 3:05pm
I enjoy ER and think its a great album. Certainly had allot of good times with it on the stereo!

WTBG is a great song, but I prefer All About You.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #71 - May 31st, 2009 at 8:26pm
While the other Stones album wait in line for the show, Emotional Rescue is in the Green Room banging your girlfriend.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2009 at 8:37pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #72 - May 31st, 2009 at 9:11pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 29th, 2009 at 11:02am:
Saint Sway wrote on May 27th, 2009 at 5:33pm:

ER is not header worthy. The holy being that is Exile is. What the fuck?

I would like to baste you in milk for 48 hours, hog-tie you and let hungry baby lambs skeletonize your quivering, quaking carcass.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #73 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 8:36am
In "Stone Alone", Wyman meticulously credits that 87.4% of his sexual conquests came from girls who "wanted to f#ck the bass player on Emotional Rescue"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #74 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 9:27am
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 8:36am:
In "Stone Alone", Wyman meticulously credits that 87.4% of his sexual conquests came from girls who "wanted to f#ck the bass player on Emotional Rescue"

Were any of them over 13? Boring post

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #75 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 11:52am

Unfortunately for Bill, they meant the bassist on the title track itself. Woody.

... ... ...
IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #76 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 12:57pm
Gazza wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 11:52am:

Unfortunately for Bill, they meant the bassist on the title track itself. Woody.

an Emotional Rescueism is always correct...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #77 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:17pm

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #78 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:21pm

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #79 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:36pm
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:17pm:

I'm so proud of you

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #80 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:41pm

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #81 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 1:59pm
I think that adding the balloons for Woody's birthday was a nice touch by Jumacfly on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brasBHGlgaI

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #82 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:01pm
you have come a long way but you still have a ways to go to truly play this bass line you have to learn how to thump and pop. Bill wyman bass lines are not easy, very soulful, so one must be very advanced to properly do so. Like me for example, I was playing this bass line in 19987 when i first heard emotional rescue.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #83 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:04pm
The He Man Emotional Rescue Lovers Appreciation Society would like to remind you that all things go better with Thermo Vision.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #84 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:08pm
The Thermo Vision technology deployed in the 'SCUE led to Star Wars Technology

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #85 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:09pm
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:08pm:

The Russians immediately backed off our shit when they saw that.

Reagan and Gorby both credited 'Emotional Rescue' with ending the Cold War.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #86 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:12pm
9am dude

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #87 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:17pm
Emotional Rescue knocks once and the doors are blown off the hinges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUfdqaE_KAE&feature=related
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:18pm by Saint Sway »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #88 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:20pm
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:17pm:

Esta cancion es espectacular, una de las mejores de esa noche, gracias por subir el video

4 ouy of 5 dentists agree that Emotional Rescue, when used properly, prevents tooth decay

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #89 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:23pm
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:20pm:

4 ouy of 5 dentists agree that Emotional Rescue, when used properly, prevents tooth decay

the 5th dentist is such a fag

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #90 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:25pm
Emotional Rescue conquered disco

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #91 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:28pm
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:20pm:
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:17pm:

Esta cancion es espectacular, una de las mejores de esa noche, gracias por subir el video

So do 5 out of 6 proctologists Kiss my undercover ass

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #92 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:55pm
Historians credit the the phrase "Shock and Awe" as having first been coined immediately following the release of Emotional Rescue

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #93 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:57pm
Saint Sway wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:55pm:
Historians credit the the phrase "Shock and Awe" as having first been coined immediately following the release of Emotional Rescue

sweet Better seen on weed! Let's go get drunk

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #94 - Jun 1st, 2009 at 3:44pm
Some Guy wrote on Jun 1st, 2009 at 2:08pm:

it was bigger than, T

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #95 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 3:50pm
Viva THE 'SCUE !!!!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #96 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 8:11pm
the 'SCUE is still nailing your girlfriend

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #97 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 9:20pm
Some Guy wrote on Jun 3rd, 2009 at 8:11pm:
the 'SCUE is still nailing your girlfriend

Meanwhile Exile already made her cum 3 times. Perverted Mick

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #98 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 9:22pm
funny...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #99 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 3:59pm
I love when the London Times ran the controversial headline: "Would You Let Your Daughter Listen To Emotional Rescue?"
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2009 at 4:11pm by Saint Sway »  

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #100 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 10:40am
Thank God its Friday.

Or, as Emotional Rescue calls it: "The 5th Day of the weekend"

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

if you can

San Mateo
Reply #101 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:33am
Hell I'm so glad it's friday,I could use a little Emotional Rescue right about now. Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #102 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 11:37am
The 'Scue is always there when you need a friend

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #103 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:32pm
Summer Romance deserves more votes. It got mine. The guitars are great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySgABnI6Lgg&feature=related

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)