Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Site Of The Month ! (Read 2,437 times)
glencar
Ex Member

Re: Site Of The Month !
Reply #25 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:42pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Yes, Tangiers. I'd love to see Lisbon but that will have to be a separate trip.

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #26 - May 21st, 2009 at 5:52pm
I was in Tangier on a day trip when I was in the Costa del Sol about 7 years ago. Fascinating place, although a real culture shock. I got to ride a camel, pose with a  snake around my neck and even saw where the Stones recorded Continental Drift (no, it wasn't pointed out to me but when I got home and watched the 'Stones in Morocco' documentary a few days later I realised I'd been standing right outside the place where the recording had taken place)

Expect to be absolutely tortured by people trying to sell you something or wanting money, but after about the first 200-300 times you sorta of get used to it....

Then again, maybe things have changed since then - nowadays if they hear a Brit or American accent, they might assume that we're all broke.

Seriously, I'd like to spend a couple of days in it in the future to get the feel of it.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #27 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:26pm
We're just going for a day trip. You took the ferry from Malaga? I ahd no idea that Jajouka place was in Tangiers. I haven't seen the special so I'm going to google images just in case...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #28 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:34pm
No..flew to Malaga from here. Stayed in Fuengirola which is a little further south. You get the ferry/catamaran from Algeciras which is about another 2-3 hours further south again.

Joujouka is a village in the mountains some distance outside Tangier, but the session took place in Tangier itself.

... ... ...
IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #29 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:47pm
Yes, I see I'm in trouble if planning to get to Tangiers from Malaga!

http://www.cemar.it/dest/ferries_morocco.htm

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #30 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:47pm

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #31 - May 21st, 2009 at 6:59pm
What on earth is all that? A route for a cruise?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:31pm
Quote:

I actually got robbed in Lisbon back in '82 or '83. It was kinda funny actually. I was hammered....out on the town drinking. It's really late 2or 3 in the morning. Looking for a place to drink I walk into this bar or tasca or whatever they call it, and it's all blacks. So wtf? it was open anyway. So I have a few...walk outside and these four or five guys jump me and take my wallet.....all the $ I had.  Anyway they had a bunch of wine they were drinking so I ended up  drinking wine with these guys for about an hour in the street. Then all of a sudden the guy shoved my wallet in my gut and more or less told me to get the fuck out there. Like he thought I was crazy. Once I had my hand on the wallet I was gone.  
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2009 at 7:33pm by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #33 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:37pm

Lisbon, Maine?

www.lisbonme.org

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #34 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:44pm
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:31pm:
Quote:

I actually got robbed in Lisbon back in '82 or '83. It was kinda funny actually. I was hammered....out on the town drinking. It's really late 2or 3 in the morning. Looking for a place to drink I walk into this bar or tasca or whatever they call it, and it's all blacks. So wtf? it was open anyway. So I have a few...walk outside and these four or five guys jump me and take my wallet.....all the $ I had.  Anyway they had a bunch of wine they were drinking so I ended up  drinking wine with these guys for about an hour in the street. Then all of a sudden the guy shoved my wallet in my gut and more or less told me to get the fuck out there. Like he thought I was crazy. Once I had my hand on the wallet I was gone.  

You lived over there for a few years didnt you?

... ... ...
IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #35 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:52pm
left shoe shuffle wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:37pm:
Lisbon, Maine?

www.lisbonme.org

Lisbon, Maine? Ugly town. Nothing pretty about it at all.
No. LOL if you got robbed in Lisbon Maine you could kiss your money goodbye.
I was in Lisbon for a month taking a thirty day intensive Portuguese language course. Most of the blacks that I met in Lisbon at that time were Angolan or Mozambiquan refugees from the Portuguese colonial wars. And I have to say some of the sweetest and nicest people you could ever ask for. As with all wars, those wars as well created much human suffering.

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #36 - May 21st, 2009 at 7:58pm
Gazza wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:44pm:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote on May 21st, 2009 at 7:31pm:
Quote:

You lived over there for a few years didnt you?

Yeah. Almost 5. Sometimes I wish I had never come back here. LOL. Looking back I kind of had it made. But then again all that cheap wine may have killed me had I stayed.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2009 at 10:32am
Quote:
Which is at the Prado in Madrid which is where I'll be in 3 weeks!

Don't remind me! I was a stone's throw from The Prado for several days while in Madrid! But someone insisted we wouldn't have time to go. AHEM. (Next trip, ya wee bastard!)  Cool

But yeah, Glenny, if at all possible, hit Lisbon if you ever get a chance. Great place to retire and live out yer golden years!

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2009 at 3:31pm
M, I might be going to Lisbon next year with some family. If there's also a Stones show, wouldn't that top it all?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2009 at 5:01pm
GotToRollMe wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 10:32am:
Quote:

Don't remind me! I was a stone's throw from The Prado for several days while in Madrid! But someone insisted we wouldn't have time to go. AHEM. (Next trip, ya wee bastard!)  Cool

piss off

'AHEM', your arse!! Your call - ponce around a museum or stand in the lobby of a posh hotel shouting insults at Michael Cohl.

What real Stones fan would choose not to do the latter?

... ... ...
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2009 at 5:59pm
Gazza wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 5:01pm:
Quote:

piss off

'AHEM', your arse!! Your call - ponce around a museum or stand in the lobby of a posh hotel shouting insults at Michael Cohl.

Well, when ya put it that way... really?

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #41 - May 22nd, 2009 at 6:47pm
GotToRollMe wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 5:59pm:
Gazza wrote on May 22nd, 2009 at 5:01pm:
Quote:

Don't remind me! I was a stone's throw from The Prado for several days while in Madrid! But someone insisted we wouldn't have time to go. AHEM. (Next trip, ya wee bastard!)  Cool

piss off

Well, when ya put it that way... really?

You made the right decision..I think. I'll let you know when I return from 'over there.'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)