Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mick Jagger in studio argument w/Bob Marley's son (Read 1,184 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Mick Jagger in studio argument w/Bob Marley's son
May 5th, 2009 at 6:59am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Mick Jagger in studio argument with Bob Marley's sons

NME News
Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Mick Jagger, Joss Stone, Damian and Stephen Marley and Nas are all collaborating on a charity album for the United Nations. The stars are currently working on tracks for the record - although Jagger and the Marley brothers have clashed over what time they should actually use the studio. "Damian's a night owl, whereas Mick likes to hit the studio in the morning," a well-placed source reveals.

The currently-untitled album - which also features Bono - is set to be released on the International Day Of Peace (September 21) (The Sun).

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Re: Mick Jagger in studio argument w/Bob Marley's
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2009 at 7:01am
Mick Jagger 'reunites with Joss Stone'

Tuesday, May 5 2009, 09:22 BST
By Mayer Nissim

Mick Jagger is to collaborate with Joss Stone for a second time, it has emerged.

The Soul Sessions singer and the Rolling Stones frontman first worked together in 2004 on 'Lonely Without You' for the soundtrack to the remake of Alfie.

Jagger and Stone will be joined by Damian and Stephen Marley and Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R. Rahman on a new album to mark the UN International Day Of Peace on September 21, The Sun reports.

A source said: "Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the Alfie soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again.

"When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved."

Stone recently said that she was unhappy with EMI's decision to delay the release of her fourth album.

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2009 at 7:03am
Rahman set to make music with Mick Jagger 

Published: May 5,2009
Indopia

London , May 5 Oscar-winning Indian music composer A R Rahman is all set to team up with Rolling Stones legend Mick Jagger for a new album which will include a host of other popular musicians.

The big wigs of the international music industry including Bob Marley&aposs sons Damian and Stephen, A R Rahman, rapper Nas, Joss Stone and&aposU2&aposfrontman Bono will come together to work on an album that will be issued on the UN International Day Of Peace on September 21, Sun online reported.

Stone and Jagger have previously collaborated on the soundtrack of Jude Law starrer&aposAlfie&apos.

" When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved,"a source told the newspaper.

The musicians are currently working hard at the Los Angeles studio complex established by Muppets creator Jim Henson.

"It&aposs incredibly challenging to get so many figures in the studio at a time that&aposs agreeable to everyone,"the source said.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #3 - May 5th, 2009 at 9:36am
moy wrote on May 5th, 2009 at 7:01am:

By Mayer Nissim

Mick Jagger is to collaborate with Joss Stone for a second time, it has emerged.

The Soul Sessions singer and the Rolling Stones frontman first worked together in 2004 on 'Lonely Without You' for the soundtrack to the remake of Alfie.

Jagger and Stone will be joined by Damian and Stephen Marley and Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire composer A.R. Rahman on a new album to mark the UN International Day Of Peace on September 21, The Sun reports.

A source said: "Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the Alfie soundtrack, so were keen to collaborate again.

"When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved."

Stone recently said that she was unhappy with EMI's decision to delay the release of her fourth album.

i'd like to "reunite" with Joss

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2009 at 11:04am
mojoman wrote on May 5th, 2009 at 9:36am:

By Mayer Nissim

How much you wanna bet he's hitting that. Kiss

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5 - May 5th, 2009 at 11:54am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on May 5th, 2009 at 11:04am:
mojoman wrote on May 5th, 2009 at 9:36am:

By Mayer Nissim

How much you wanna bet he's hitting that. Kiss

if she's smart she'll get pregnant.........her fifteen minutes will be up shortly

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2009 at 7:04pm
She was horrid in the Honors for the Who event.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
MICK'S new album for charity
Reply #7 - May 7th, 2009 at 6:14pm
Jagger & Stone to re-team for charity

The pair is reportedly set to come together to contribute to an album supporting the United Nations' (U.N.) International Day of Peace
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
DAILY ENTERTAINMENT

Sir Mick Jagger is set to record a second collaboration with soul singer Joss Stone for a new charity album.

The Rolling Stones legend teamed up with Stone for 2004 track Lonely Without You, which was featured in Jude Law's movie remake Alfie.

And now the pair is reportedly set to come together again to contribute to an album supporting the United Nations' (U.N.) International Day of Peace on September 21, according to British newspaper The Sun.

A source tells the publication, "Joss and Mick hit it off when they worked with producer Dave Stewart on the Alfie soundtrack. So there were hoping to collaborate again. When this project was suggested they were keen to get on board, especially considering the glittering cast of other musicians involved."

Other artists said to be working on the record include U2 frontman Bono and rapper Nas.

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Re: MICK'S new album for charity
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2009 at 6:47pm
i can't stand joss stone's voice.  it sounds like she is crying when she is singing. 

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #9 - May 8th, 2009 at 7:16am
I thought she'd be working in a supermarket by now. Havent heard from her for ages. She's more or less unknown here.

She is a cutie though.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2009 at 9:11am
Shit, without my glasses I thought that read "Mick Jagger in studio apartment with Bob Marley's son."

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #11 - May 9th, 2009 at 2:21pm
GotToRollMe wrote on May 8th, 2009 at 9:11am:
Shit, without my glasses I thought that read "Mick Jagger in studio apartment with Bob Marley's son."  

Ha!  Ha!  HA!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)