Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 138
Send Topic Print
Brian - Part 19 (Read 678,035 times)
Gemmie
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Brian - Part 19
Reply #1100 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 9:59pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Right, Marie?  You can see the man's bones.

It makes sense that the war had something to do with it.  England took a real beating in WWII.  They all look like stick figures - a cute stick figure in Brian's case - but a stick figure, nevertheless.

And, I also often wonder how Brian could have such a fondness for a country where so many unhappy things happened to him.  He kept going back.  He had to really love it there.  I guess he could be a little more relaxed since they didn't seem to have people chasing them or following them around there.  A little time to be yourself.

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #1101 - Nov 24th, 2010 at 10:40pm
Philip wrote on Nov 22nd, 2010 at 11:13am:
Thanks for these Brian - Morocco headers voodoo!!!

Bearing in mind what was going down then they are kind of bittersweet photos mind you.  

Glad you liked it, I like them too much, not just for being new for me and really intimate (taken by a friend), I like it because Brian looks happy and high

© A common friend of Brian Jones and Jimi Hendrix with thanks to Cucho Peñaloza

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1102 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 9:35am
Yes, they are very intimate and revealing.....and personal. I LOVED them, Voo. Smiley Thanks so much for making them the headers for several days....Smiley Kiss Kiss

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #1103 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 4:22pm
Howl at the moon! Great photos.

Britian involved the whole rationing thing going on between 40 and 54. It made a lot of these boys quite thin and quite, how shall we put this delicately so as not to offend...IRRATIONALLY FRUGAL. Especially men from Sheffield. Sorry. That was just a little personal dig.  Lips Sealed

Of course, Brian wasn't very frugal at all, but that was his rebellious side...lol.

Ass kickers, Shit kickers and Methodists.

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #1104 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 4:34pm
I could understand why he kept going back. England is a fabulous country. There are so many things there (like the little pubs in the villages, the country lanes, the history, the architecture, so much stuff). There are great places in this world, but there is a flavor there that you can get no where else. I love America, but England holds a special place in my heart. Plus, it still was home for him, regardless of the troubles.

I could really do without the M25, those frigging roundabouts and bad service, though. And traffic wardens.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1105 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 9:04pm
You can take the boy out of England, but you can't take England out of the boy...eh?  Wink Smiley Very well put, Love Child. Smiley

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #1106 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 11:17pm
English boys love their country Smiley That is until they figure out that they are rich men now and their country taxes them up the wazoo and they best take refuge somewhere else to avoid it.

I believe he was reading a Moroccan papers, wasn't he?

It says Michael Cooper, 68, but I thought he was getting a bit pudgy by 68...so ? It looks like the same time as the colour photo above.

IP Logged

Philip
Rocks Off Regular

In Another Land

Reply #1107 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 3:10am
I think Gemmie meant why did Brian keep going back to Morocco.

Yes the above photo is also from early March 1967.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1108 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 8:38am
I think just about everything about Morocco got into Brian's blood....Smiley He really seemed to thoroughly enjoy his times there {minus all the Anita stuff, I would imagine... Roll Eyes}

IP Logged

Love Child
Rocks Off Regular

No...please...not you
again!

BFE
Reply #1109 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 6:18pm
Thanks Phillip. I didn't read her post correctly. Major Doh moment for me...lol!  Oh no! not you again

IP Logged

the soft parade
Rocks Off Regular

STONESBEATLESDOORSZE
PPELINS

usa
Reply #1110 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 2:11pm
I can imagine one of the main reasons he kept returning was because of the music. He couldnt hear it anywhere else except for in Morocco, which may have been why he was so intent on making a record of it.

Brian's smile

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1111 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 8:56am

Classic nanker !  Nanker

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Gemmie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1112 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 9:32am
Yes, I was talking about Morocco.  I agree that it was the music that brought him back.  Plus, the country was pretty relaxed about drugs and such.  It was a much looser environment than Britain was in the 60s.  London wasn't the place it is today.  I think repressed might be a good word to describe the UK in the 60s.  The rockers were creating a new way of life and they evoked a lot of wrath from polite society (as we know).

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #1113 - Nov 29th, 2010 at 4:40pm
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 8:56am:

Classic nanker !  Nanker

Another one.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

uncleson
Rocks Off Regular

USA
Reply #1114 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 3:49pm
Gemmie wrote on Nov 29th, 2010 at 9:32am:
Yes, I was talking about Morocco.  I agree that it was the music that brought him back.  Plus, the country was pretty relaxed about drugs and such.  It was a much looser environment than Britain was in the 60s.  London wasn't the place it is today.  I think repressed might be a good word to describe the UK in the 60s.  The rockers were creating a new way of life and they evoked a lot of wrath from polite society (as we know).  

Agreed.  And thanks for all the Brian headers, voodoo!

Brian's smile

IP Logged

Gemmie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1115 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:34pm
Has anyone read the Shepherd book about BJ?

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1116 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 11:40pm
Gemmie wrote on Dec 2nd, 2010 at 8:34pm:
Has anyone read the Shepherd book about BJ?

It's atrocious. Foolishly, I wasted my money on it. Got about half way through....don't even know what happened to it. Must be around the house somewhere.

IP Logged

Gemmie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1117 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 11:37am
I bought it, along with several other books about BJ.  Actually, I think I own just about everything written about him.  When I delve into something, I like to exhaust all sources on the subject.  I have read it.  It certainly is different than all the other books I have read, although somewhat consistent in many ways as well.  It does get more "personal" than the other books. 

I just wondered what everyone thought about these mysterious tapes that Brian allegedly made.  If one can believe they are true, the information that Brian shares is very similar to the sort of information a patient would share with a doctor.  I know he spent the last year or so of his life visiting with psychiatrists.  I just wonder if someone taped those sessions and if the tapes were shared by someone with the author as the source for this book.  I am sure many, if not all, of these doctors that Brian visited with are dead by now.  While I am not convinced the tapes actually exist, it does make me curious to know more about either the existence or autheniticity of these tapes.

On another note, any fans here from the UK?  I hear you experienced quite a blizzard.  Our news said it was your biggest snowfall since 1966. 

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #1118 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 1:11pm
Toronto's answer to The Stones in the 60's, there's a Brian Jones clone in this band, Ugly Ducklings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipknFjVwD6c&feature=related

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1119 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 6:17pm
I love the Ugly Ducklings. Smiley I have a CD....SO many bands back there had at least one Brian "clone". The Chocolate Watchband had 2! Although one was more obvious than the other....

Gloria Shepherd, I believe, even put a disclaimer at the beginning of the book that it was basically a work of fiction----supposedly Brian came to her psychically. And why he would confide in her is beyond me...LOL.  Tongue

IP Logged

Gemmie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1120 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 2:38pm
Well, I don't know about the psychic connection of hers Smiley, but I can see her putting a disclaimer on the book.  It would protect her in a court of law if someone mentioned in the book tried to sue her.

IP Logged

Stewed n Keefed
Rocks Off Regular

Please don't judge me
too harshly

Kent,England.
Reply #1121 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 5:41am
http://www.bjfc-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=214

Hi,I'm Maggie from Austria. I have been and am a huge fan of Brian since my early childhood. When he died I was just 13 and cried bitter tears. 2 years latter my mom took me to Cheltenham for a week where I was on his grave for hours every day.So I sat on the ground in front of the grave and cried bitter tears-along came Ref.Hugh Hopkins and started to talk to us for a pretty long time.We got friends and he took care of Mum and me for the whole week.He told us that Brian once sang in his church and that he is friends with Brians parents.He talked to them about us and we got invited to Mr.amd Mrs Jones home in 335 Hatherly Road.God,Brians parents are sooo nice.We sat in the living room and drank tea.The room was over and over decorated with pictures of Brian and the walls were full with Brians golden LPs. Mr. and Mrs.Jones talked a lot about their son and showed us tons of Pictures.They loved him very,very much.Mrs Jones had tears in her eyes when she talked about him.There was a room upstairs where they had more of Brians stuff and they gave me one of Brians necklaces.Mr.Jones,who once worked in Austria, could speak german very well.He already was retired,but Mrs.Jones worked as a piano teacher.When we left a little girl came to have piano lessons.We took some pictures outside with Mr.and Mrs Jones because sadly in 1972 I did not have a flash for my camera.Than Brians parents and me became very good pen pales.We wrote to each other very often and mailed presents to each other.I got some more of Brians Stuff and the 1st picture ever taken when Brian was just 1 1/2 hours old. I am not able to post eveything here(letters,pictures),so i ask if some genious on the computer could give me his e-mail address.I would send everything in an e-mail to him so that he or she can post everything.Here it always says my stuff is to big to post.I don't know who brought up the idea that Brians parents are not very nice,I swear they are. Lots of love to all of you,untill later,Maggie xxx

Here's a photo of some of Brian's possessions: a necklace, bracelet and ring; a photo of Brian from his youth; and a photo of Brian an hour and a half after his birth!

...     ...

... Posts: 4601 | Registered: Dec 2002 |

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #1122 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 6:13am
This is great Stewed n Keefed.

Thanks for posting!  Brian's smile

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Down Home Girl
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1123 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 3:18pm
WOW  Thank You

Stewed n Keefed wrote on Dec 5th, 2010 at 5:41am:
http://www.bjfc-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=214

Hi,I'm Maggie from Austria. I have been and am a huge fan of Brian since my early childhood. When he died I was just 13 and cried bitter tears. 2 years latter my mom took me to Cheltenham for a week where I was on his grave for hours every day.So I sat on the ground in front of the grave and cried bitter tears-along came Ref.Hugh Hopkins and started to talk to us for a pretty long time.We got friends and he took care of Mum and me for the whole week.He told us that Brian once sang in his church and that he is friends with Brians parents.He talked to them about us and we got invited to Mr.amd Mrs Jones home in 335 Hatherly Road.God,Brians parents are sooo nice.We sat in the living room and drank tea.The room was over and over decorated with pictures of Brian and the walls were full with Brians golden LPs. Mr. and Mrs.Jones talked a lot about their son and showed us tons of Pictures.They loved him very,very much.Mrs Jones had tears in her eyes when she talked about him.There was a room upstairs where they had more of Brians stuff and they gave me one of Brians necklaces.Mr.Jones,who once worked in Austria, could speak german very well.He already was retired,but Mrs.Jones worked as a piano teacher.When we left a little girl came to have piano lessons.We took some pictures outside with Mr.and Mrs Jones because sadly in 1972 I did not have a flash for my camera.Than Brians parents and me became very good pen pales.We wrote to each other very often and mailed presents to each other.I got some more of Brians Stuff and the 1st picture ever taken when Brian was just 1 1/2 hours old. I am not able to post eveything here(letters,pictures),so i ask if some genious on the computer could give me his e-mail address.I would send everything in an e-mail to him so that he or she can post everything.Here it always says my stuff is to big to post.I don't know who brought up the idea that Brians parents are not very nice,I swear they are. Lots of love to all of you,untill later,Maggie xxx

Here's a photo of some of Brian's possessions: a necklace, bracelet and ring; a photo of Brian from his youth; and a photo of Brian an hour and a half after his birth!

...     ...

« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2010 at 3:21pm by Down Home Girl »  
Down_Home_Girl Down_Home_Girl  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #1124 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 4:45pm
Incredible! It's like finding hidden treasure.....Smiley THANK YOU, Steve! And many thanks to Maggie for being willing to share with us. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 138
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)