Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
You know the economy is bad when.................. (Read 819 times)
Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
You know the economy is bad when..................
Feb 6th, 2009 at 5:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

This pic was taken in my hometown.
Perhaps I should call the number to see if he/she will accept my dental plan.  :hilarious

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Re: You know the economy is bad when..............
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:30am
Probably taken from a corpse...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:33pm
Is it the economy . . .

A lady walks into Tiffany's. She browses around, spots a beautiful diamond bracelet and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more closely she accidentally farts. Embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a salesperson doesn't pop up right now. As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her.

Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady with, "Good day, Madam. How may we help you today?"

Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her little "accident," she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely bracelet?"

He answers, "Madam, if you farted just looking at it, you're going to shit when I tell you the price."

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:54pm
Edith Grove wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:33pm:
Is it the economy . . .

A lady walks into Tiffany's. She browses around, spots a beautiful diamond bracelet and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more closely she accidentally farts. Embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her little accident and prays that a salesperson doesn't pop up right now. As she turns around, her worst nightmare materializes in the form of a salesman standing right behind her.

Cool as a cucumber and displaying complete professionalism, the salesman greets the lady with, "Good day, Madam. How may we help you today?"

Very uncomfortably, but hoping that the salesman may just not have been there at the time of her little "accident," she asks, "Sir, what is the price of this lovely bracelet?"

He answers, "Madam, if you farted just looking at it, you're going to shit when I tell you the price."

good one.  i have heard that one before

Smiley

i like larry the cable guy.

yeah me and my wife, i love her to death, we've only been married for a year and a half and she still has that new wife smell...yeah i love her but she can't, cook every night we have the same old same old....nausea... last week her lasagna was on fear factor.

piss off

IP Logged

Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:24am
You know the economy is bad when.........

MaineMotels has to cut down on budweiser and cigarettes.
The goddam pharmacist tried to give me hell this morning for smoking. I was kind....I blew him off gracefully.  Cheesy

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 1:56pm
Well, it's nice to see that even at youre advanced age your still having sex...

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #6 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:09pm
Chris Rose

The 60-Second Interview: Daniel Seddiqui
Friday, February 06, 2009
Chris Rose
After graduating with an economics degree from the University of Southern California three years ago, Daniel Seddiqui couldn't find a job after 40 interviews in his field. He finally chucked it all and took off across America, determined to get 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks.

The project -- which he hopes to turn into a book -- is called "Living the Map." He's been a cartographer in North Dakota, a petroleum engineer in Houston, a roustabout in Oklahoma and worked in a wedding chapel in Vegas.

You get the picture. This weekend, he is bartending and bouncing down at the Funky Pirate Bar on Bourbon Street. I caught up with him before a recent night shift.

First question: Why?

I want to showcase different careers around the country. A lot of people don't know what they want to do with their lives and a lot of people can't find a job. They don't know what their alternatives are. And I also want to show people that America is not a scary place once you get out of your comfort zone.

So you're basically out to prove that anybody can do anything?

Well, I'm not saying that anybody can do anything, but sometimes you don't need experience as much as you think you would. For instance, I was a boilermaker in Missouri -- which is welding. And this guy came in with no welding experience. And they told him, OK: We'll be willing to train you for two weeks. He got the job, right in front of me. And he's getting paid $40 an hour right now, because of me.

Why do you take credit for that?

Because he saw me on the news in Kansas City, showcasing what a boilermaker was. And he came in looking for a job. Imagine if I could do that for the whole country. Get everybody a job. People are scared to try new things.

You're going to get all of us new jobs?

That would be my ultimate goal. Is it possible? Probably not. Obama can't even do it. But it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Does Obama know about you?

No, but eventually he will. He's providing millions of jobs and I'm going out and showcasing them. So hopefully we can work together in the future.

You either have a serious case of self-aggrandizement or you are a really good man.

I get about 200 e-mails a day from people saying: Thanks for your inspiration.

What was your favorite job?

Border Patrol, Arizona.

Border Patrol? Let me get this right: You were working at the highest level of Homeland Security with no prior experience?

I was working alongside one of the agents who's been there for 20 years. He showed me the ropes. We had to crawl through sewer systems and I got to carry a pepper ball gun. We caught a few immigrants and brought them to the detention center.

What's the most you've gotten paid for a job?

$2,500 a week for medical device manufacturing in Minnesota.

So wait a minute: You've got no training at all and some guy's lying on table tonight in St. Paul getting a new heart valve -- that you might have made? That's a lot of responsibility.

A lot of it relies on the machines. You just measure it, plug in the numbers and polish it after it's done. Pretty simple.

This is what our national health care system is relying on? I'm not sure I'm going to walk away from this interview feeling any better about the direction this country is headed in. You make it sound like anybody can get a job anywhere.

I've been rejected a couple thousand times. It's all about confidence and persistence and not being afraid of rejection. If you believe in yourself, you can make it happen. I like to say: "Don't fear to fail, but fail to fear." Pretty good, huh?

. . . . . . .

Columnist Chris Rose can be reached at [email protected]; or at 504.352.2535 or 504.826.3309. To comment or read past columns, visit www.nola.com/rose.

http://www.nola.com/timespic/stories/index.ssf?/base/living-0/123390139670890.xm...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:16pm
In some ways inspiring but then I read this portion 

>>>>You're going to get all of us new jobs?

That would be my ultimate goal. Is it possible? Probably not. Obama can't even do it. But it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Does Obama know about you?

No, but eventually he will. He's providing millions of jobs and I'm going out and showcasing them. So hopefully we can work together in the future.<<<<

And I realize this guy's a moron. He got most if not all those jobs via private employers & yet he's hoping for all these make work jobs? Dumbass.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #8 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:51pm
: And I realize this guy's a moron. He got most if not all those jobs via private employers & yet he's hoping for all these make work jobs? "

** SIGH !!! **

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

real wild child
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mexico City
Reply #9 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:35pm
When Ronnie needs a tour Ouch!

I don't do as much as everyone thinks but I probably do a bit more than they imagine – Keith Richards, 2006

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)