Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Stones "to tour US later this year"- Daily Express (Read 43,110 times)
oldtimer
Rocks Off Regular

Dance like nobody is watching

Re: Stones "to tour US later this year"- Daily Exp
Reply #125 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 3:48pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
No, Ronnie does not call the shots.  I had been thinking maybe Keith has been taking it kind of easy, but I have not kept up with him that much.  Ronnie is so talented and so stupid.  Leaving Jo, doing all that stupid stuff, ruining his marriage.  Very silly and sad Let's go get drunk Cry
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2009 at 3:51pm by oldtimer »  

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #126 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:10pm
when Rolling Stones Dot Com emails us and asks for $150 to "renew" our membership, we'll know ITS ON

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

real wild child
Rocks Off Regular

Mexico City
Reply #127 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:46pm
Saint Sway wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 11:30am:
From Tim Ries' most recent Blog entry:

TORONTO REHEARSALS
"The rehearsals here in Toronto are off to a fantastic start. Everyone is in a good mood and the band is sounding tight. I'm especially pleased with the new horn arrangements we've added to some Stones classics. I really think the fans are going to love the horns we've added to "When The Whip Comes Down". And the new horn intro on "Star Star" really makes it swing."

WTF!!!
Andy Snitzer RETURNS?????
AND NOW THIS????

I never liked the horn section,maybe one sax and that´s all like in the ´81 tour.This tour rumour turned into a horrible joke.Yes,bring back Ernie Watts,Jim Price and Cindy Mizelle Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

If they really add horns to When The Wip Comes Down and Star Star it´s the beginning of the end and clearly a sign of Keith´s losing his touch. Shit!

But as I said maybe is a horrible joke... you made a grown man cry you made a grown man cry

I don't do as much as everyone thinks but I probably do a bit more than they imagine – Keith Richards, 2006

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #128 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:19pm
Ouch!

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

oldtimer
Rocks Off Regular

Dance like nobody is watching

Reply #129 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:56pm
my sources say that blog entry is quite old and it is referring to tim's recent cd release of stones songs done his way.  it's pretty goood, really!

IP Logged

ijwthstd
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #130 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:43pm
I am a big fan of Matt Clifford myself. He scored Return Of The Living Dead, which is the 3rd greatest movie of all time.

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest.&&&&http://www.soundcloud.com/thesameoldsauce
TotallyRandomDan  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #131 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:50am
Holden wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 2:52pm:
I'm actually with Ian on this one. Mick said he was always writing during a SAL interview a while back. I'm sure Keith spends some time writing music as well. The Stones can all record music at their homes and send tracks to each other and work on them that way. Then there are unreleased/unfinished songs they could work on...Once the songs are written and roughly recorded they only have to meet for a short time to really produce them and put the finishing touches on 'em.

I've heard little evidence in the last decade to suggest this.

From what I understand, there won't be a Rolling Stones studio album in 2009. Next year is more realistic.

The gradual disappearance of most of their post-1970 catalogue from the shelves of late would suggest that Universal are gearing up for a reissue series in the near future, however.

Hopefully that will include bonus material, because if it doesn't, you'd have to question why they bothered investing in it.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #132 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:18am
Gazza wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:50am:
Holden wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 2:52pm:
I'm actually with Ian on this one. Mick said he was always writing during a SAL interview a while back. I'm sure Keith spends some time writing music as well. The Stones can all record music at their homes and send tracks to each other and work on them that way. Then there are unreleased/unfinished songs they could work on...Once the songs are written and roughly recorded they only have to meet for a short time to really produce them and put the finishing touches on 'em.

I've heard little evidence in the last decade to suggest this.

From what I understand, there won't be a Rolling Stones studio album in 2009. Next year is more realistic.

The gradual disappearance of most of their post-1970 catalogue from the shelves of late would suggest that Universal are gearing up for a reissue series in the near future, however.

Hopefully that will include bonus material, because if it doesn't, you'd have to question why they bothered investing in it.

And question even more why we would invest in them AGAIN.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #133 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:32am
Well, thats my point. There's a limit to how many people would bother buying these for the 3rd, 4th or 5th time without having some kind of 'carrot' dangled in front of them.

Personally, I think if there's unreleased material, I'll just buy the 'new' songs on i-tunes this time.

... ... ...
IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #134 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:11am
Gazza wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:32am:
Well, thats my point. There's a limit to how many people would bother buying these for the 3rd, 4th or 5th time without having some kind of 'carrot' dangled in front of them.

Personally, I think if there's unreleased material, I'll just buy the 'new' songs on i-tunes this time.

Great idea except if you notice ITunes lately will show those songs as "album only" which pisses me off.I use a Russian site for downloads at 15-19 cents each because Limewire etc is now so full of viruses. The Russian site works and although mp3 for most tunes my old ears (defeaned by Stones concerts etc) cant tell the diff. Its very secure site too and never ripped me or friends off although sometimes new releases are a week or so behind.Heres a link:

http://www.gomusic.ru/
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:25am by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #135 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:32am
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:11am:
Gazza wrote on Feb 11th, 2009 at 7:32am:

Great idea except if you notice ITunes lately will show those songs as "album only" which pisses me off.I use a Russian site for downloads at 15-19 cents each because Limewire etc is now so full of viruses. The Russian site works and although mp3 for most tunes my old ears (defeaned by Stones concerts etc) cant tell the diff. Its very secure site too and never ripped me or friends off although sometimes new releases are a week or so behind.Heres a link:

http://www.gomusic.ru/

thanks for the heads up, keef!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #136 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 1:29pm
I'll just pony up for the new CD's. It's the Stones, not some second-tier act.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #137 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 1:37pm
" I'll just pony up for the ..... "

... !!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #138 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 1:38pm
You got it punk!

IP Logged

TomL
Rocks Off Regular

Change the Fucking sets

Sweet Virginia
Reply #139 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 8:32pm
star star is coming back, oh yea.............................................. Ouch!

...Her love is ecstasy When her arms enfold me I hear her tender rhapsody But in reality, she doesn't Fucking know me...JMI once again..... running away with me...........

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #140 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:23am
Ronnie Wood threatened with axe 

Monday, 16 February 2009

Ronnie Wood faces being axed from the Rolling Stones because of his drinking.

The 61-year-old rocker - who has been treated for alcoholism several times over the last 30 years - has been warned to curb his partying or risk being banned from a proposed autumn tour of America with bandmates Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance.

"Ronnie failed his medical for the 2002/2003 tour because he was drinking seven times the recommended number of alcohol units a week. He had to spend months drying out at a clinic in Arizona.

"There are worries that could be the case again this time."

Ronnie was most recently treated for his alcohol addiction last August at the Life Works clinic in Surrey, England, following a 10-day drinking binge in Ireland with Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova, 20.

If he is banned from touring, Ronnie risks losing out on hundreds of thousands of pounds.

The 'Satisfaction' rockers' 'Bigger Bang' world tour, which took place between August 2005 and August 2007, was the highest-grossing of all time, generating $558,255,524.

The group were also named the highest-paid private performers last year, commanding a staggering £3.5 million per private show.

(C) BANG Media International
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:24am by Gazza »  

... ... ...
IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #141 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:40am
Gazza wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:23am:

Monday, 16 February 2009

The 61-year-old rocker - who has been treated for alcoholism several times over the last 30 years - has been warned to curb his partying or risk being banned from a proposed autumn tour of America with bandmates Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "All the band have to have a compulsory pre-tour medical to make sure they can get insurance.

"Ronnie failed his medical for the 2002/2003 tour because he was drinking seven times the recommended number of alcohol units a week. He had to spend months drying out at a clinic in Arizona.

Ronnie was most recently treated for his alcohol addiction last August at the Life Works clinic in Surrey, England, following a 10-day drinking binge in Ireland with Russian girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova, 20.

If he is banned from touring, Ronnie risks losing out on hundreds of thousands of pounds.

The 'Satisfaction' rockers' 'Bigger Bang' world tour, which took place between August 2005 and August 2007, was the highest-grossing of all time, generating $558,255,524.

The group were also named the highest-paid private performers last year, commanding a staggering £3.5 million per private show.

Not surprised about the warning.
VERY surprised about the term "Autumn Tour".
2009??

LJ.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #142 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:52am
Yeah that seems questionable. As I write, there are no current recording sessions happening.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #143 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:20am
I thought this tthread was about something Jo was planning.....

GB4982.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

moy
Rocks Off Regular

Mars
Same old story Ronnie Wood threatened with axe
Reply #144 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:40am
Monday, 16 February 2009

IP Logged

Mel Belli
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Same old story Ronnie Wood threatened with axe
Reply #145 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:16am
This is the best news I've read in a while: the possibility that the core of the band is at least open to the idea of touring without Ronnie. Before anyone gets upset, I don't wish the man ill — but I've got serious doubts about paying hundreds again to see him flail uselessly for two hours.

Putting someone like, say, Wachtel in the mix would spare Keith from demonstrating his own useless flailing.

fka Sandrew (a proud Rocks Off member since November 2001)&&&&"The Rolling Stones don't want any money ... so I'll keep it." - Melvin Belli, "Gimme Shelter"&&&&"We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick."&&&&...

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #146 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 12:17pm
"Is everybody ready? Everything seems to be ready..."

This is great news because You know its on for sure whenever Mick shoves Ronnie's drunk ass in rehab!

its on like donkey kong Tater!

"On saturday night we dont go home&&We bacchanal, there aint no dawn"&&&&...&&&&

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #147 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 2:16pm
it would be a crying shame to lose ronnie.

IP Logged

Saint Sway
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #148 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 2:29pm
If Ronnie's out then so am I.

He is crucial. We need Ronnie to play Summer Romance and Let Me Go on the b-stage

also Mick is fully aware that Dole Banana's would most likely drop their sponsorship if Ronnie was cut

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #149 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:27pm
Mel Belli wrote on Feb 16th, 2009 at 11:16am:
This is the best news I've read in a while: the possibility that the core of the band is at least open to the idea of touring without Ronnie. Before anyone gets upset, I don't wish the man ill — but I've got serious doubts about paying hundreds again to see him flail uselessly for two hours.

Putting someone like, say, Wachtel in the mix would spare Keith from demonstrating his own useless flailing.

Sooo......if both Ronnie and Keith basically just flail for a couple of hours on stage each night.....is that really the Rolling Stones anymore? Sad Mick is always "on", and so is Charlie, but..... Undecided

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)