Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
War flicks (nsc) (Read 3,159 times)
Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Portland, OR
Re: War flicks (nsc)
Reply #25 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:41am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Starbuck wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:38am:
"come and see" was the weirdest film i've ever seen. very freaky. i think i made it through half of it before i turned it off out of sheer confusion.

i take it no one has seen "passchendaele"?

Not yet.  What did you think of "Downfall"?

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #26 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:52am
downfall was fabulous. the amazing thing was that all the actors looked almost identical to the nazis they portrayed. very spooky. the scene where goebels kills his kids is jaw dropping. it was this scene, however, which was the most unforgettable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk7lFGuW7_s

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #27 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:58am

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #28 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:58am

I watched it last night .
it was a wobbley session though. 2 hours of movie took me about 4 hours of downloading.... :

too much longwinded  romance stuff in it  ...and fuckin' at the frontline, aw c'mon  Roll Eyes so that's what they do at war? yeah, sure, right^^

battle scenes were drastic though and you were right about the rat  Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)
7.5 out of 10

thanks for the link.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #29 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:58am
open-g wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 9:58am:

I watched it last night .
it was a wobbley session though. 2 hours of movie took me about 4 hours of downloading.... :

too much longwinded  romance stuff in it  ...and fuckin' at the frontline, aw c'mon  Roll Eyes so that's what they do at war? yeah, sure, right^^

battle scenes were drastic though and you were right about the rat  Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)
7.5 out of 10

thanks for the link.

strange that it took that long. you on dialup? modem? soup can phone? it was instantaneous for me.

the romance was kind of dumb, but like i said, the combat scenes were incredible, and the best i've ever seen from a first world war film. couldn't figure out the ending though (spoiler alert!!)....was it the heinies that crucified him, or did the bomb blast do it? and why did the character who died die? he wasn't even hit. then he carries the cross back to the trench....i don't get it.

seriously though...front line sex is some of the best sex out there, from what i've been told. just ask jude law.

IP Logged

steeldrivinghammer
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:09am

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:09am

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #32 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:53am
strange that it took that long. you on dialup? modem? soup can phone? it was instantaneous for me.

well I was streaming it and it just stopped now and then.
MegaVideo was buggin' me to buy Premier whatever...
The worst thing was when it said "You have watched 70 minutes of video, you either have to wait 54 minutes to continue or buy a premium user account. I do have fast broadband DSL

the romance was kind of dumb, but like i said, the combat scenes were incredible, and the best i've ever seen from a first world war film. couldn't figure out the ending though (spoiler alert!!)....was it the heinies that crucified him, or did the bomb blast do it? and why did the character who died die? he wasn't even hit. then he carries the cross back to the trench....i don't get it.

+1 on the combat scenes and from what I gathered, it was the bomb blast.
...and the character got hit on the way to the kraut lines, and anyway - it's more DRAMA  Perverted Mick when the hero dies in the end
there was quite a lot of Hollywood-cheap-trick in it - the wet matches - reminded me of Scorseses SETLIST  :hilarious

seriously though...front line sex is some of the best sex out there, from what i've been told. just ask jude law.

how can he be the Judge & the Law? the only frontline he's been to, was on a red carpet

cheers

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #33 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:55am
mojoman wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 11:09am:

What's that you're postin'?
it says This video can't be shown in your country  Shit!

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #34 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:28pm
hey g

did you ever see "enemy at the gates"? jude plays russian sniper vasiley zeitsev, and he bags a very attractive fellow sniper (women fought in the factories at stalingrad with the men apparently)....their front line "haven't bathed in five months" sex is sandwiched in amongst the rest of the snipers while they're sleeping....true romance!

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #35 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:31pm
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:41am:
Not yet.  What did you think of "Downfall"?

Exceedingly accurate for a motion picture.  Well-acted, well-done.  Unlike "Enemy At The Gates", which was a pathetic fairy tale.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:33pm by lotsajizz »  

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #36 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:38pm

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #37 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:43pm
lotsajizz wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:31pm:

Exceedingly accurate for a motion picture.  Well-acted, well-done.  Unlike "Enemy At The Gates", which was a pathetic fairy tale.

what didn't you like about "enemy at the gates"?

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #38 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:46pm
Starbuck wrote on Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:43pm:

Exceedingly accurate for a motion picture.  Well-acted, well-done.  Unlike "Enemy At The Gates", which was a pathetic fairy tale.

what didn't you like about "enemy at the gates"?

Interesting stuff Ronnie!

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #39 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:50pm
Ouch! oops, that was him? I forgot about that one.

yeah, I saw E@tG.
that was a kinda realistc true romance-sex-scene.
did that scene have mighty violin sounds over it? I guess not, but I'm not sure.

"haven't bathed in five months" ....now bring on the smelling sense war movies, NOT  Shit! Ouch! Puke all over me (wait that is BLEED)

IP Logged

open-g
Rocks Off Regular

Silence is golden, Duct
tape is silver

Berlin
Reply #40 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 12:56pm
 Unlike "Enemy At The Gates", which was a pathetic fairy tale.

Hey that's it really?
just switch the sex scenes from "passchendaele" to Enemy@theGates.

then E@tG can stay a fairy tale.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #41 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 7:16pm
"Paths Of Glory"  - worth seeing for the cockroach scene alone.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)