Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
Lick to watch full show! with thanks to George García/Rolling Stones Archive and ROgerriffin for heads up
State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona - May 7, 2024 © Michael Chow/The Republic

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Alcohol & the Holiday Season.

I drink but I know when I've had enough.    
  14 (40.0%)
I don't drink.    
  1 (2.9%)
I'm an alcoholic & belong to a 12 step program.    
  1 (2.9%)
I drink but always end up drunk.    
  14 (40.0%)
I think I'm an alcoholic & need help.    
  1 (2.9%)
I use drugs instead.    
  4 (11.4%)

Total votes: 35
« Created by: Heart Of Stone on: Dec 27th, 2008 at 12:56pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Alcohol & the Holiday Season. (Read 2,251 times)
Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Alcohol & the Holiday Season.
Reply #25 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 11:21am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The poll answers dont fit me! so I didnt answer, but...
I'm a 'social drinker', I drink at parties and weddings and at holidays but I never drink alone and rarely get drunk, although I like a 'beautiful buzz', multi-layered, haha. It puts the 'Happy' in Holidays!

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 11:23am
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Dec 27th, 2008 at 11:49pm:
Quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote on Dec 27th, 2008 at 2:06pm:
Quote:
Heart Of Stone wrote on Dec 27th, 2008 at 12:56pm:
So much media talk about Alcohol & the Season, I thought I'd do this poll to find out about our members & how they are with booze, or how they feel about it,  in Toronto there were more D.U.I's then last year, just curious.

most everyone i know has a dui or 2.  i had a friend who was scared straight for months after his first offense  and every time he came over i would offer him a beer and he'd be like no way man, i gotta drive.  i was like you are allowed 1 beer, but he was adamant about not drinking anything.  the other week we went out for burgers and, you guessed it, drinks.  i won't say how many we had, but i'm pretty sure if he were to be pulled over he would have gotten his second within a year.  its weird how people forget or just give up caring about stuff like that.

in ny, 9 times out of ten if you are popped for a dwi [drunk] for the 1st time you can get it reduced to an ability impared [not so drunk] which is a lesser crime and lesser fines.  this is with help of a lawyer.  if it happens a second time within 5 years chances are you're screwed.  they will not reduce it.  this is what happens here in the hudson valley anyway.  in ny city it is a totally different story.  pretty much the bottom line is...if you get 3 within 5 years, you may be jail time.  not that i have been there.

one thing that confuses me tho and i am not sure i agree with it.  just say you and a friend are sitting in your car down by the river, drinking of course, keys are in the ignition and you are listening to tunes but the car is not idoling.  now a cop pulls up...he can technically bust you for a dui.  i don't jive with that...the vehicle isn't moving.  

bottom line is pretty simple...just don't do it.  call a cab.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

Loose laws in NY.  Here in Oregon, the first offense (or first in 10 years) gets you a diversion:  treatment and fees, but no conviction or jail--provided no one else was injured.  Conviction carries mandatory minimum two days jail (typically up to 10 days for first offense in most counties).  A third conviction in five years turns the misdemeanor DUII into a felony.  And a third conviction, no matter howe far apart, carries a permanent revocation of driver's license (with opportunity to apply for reinstatement in 10 years--if and only if you haven't been caught driving in the interim).  Washington State increases the mandatory minimum jail time depending on the BAC.

are you sure you are not referring to commercial license's?  especially guys/gals that truck gas and oil.  

Quite sure.  I'm a criminal defense lawyer.  Under Oregon law (this is mandated by the feds, so I assume it's true in all states), holders of commercial licenses are not even eligible for diversion (even if driving their private vehicle).  All drivers are subject to mandatory one-year license suspension for first conviction (not diversion) within five years; two years suspension for second within five years; permanent for third (no matter howe many years apart).

i understand this.  what happens if you are pulled over for a dwai [driving while ability impared] you know, blowing below .08?  do you still lose your license for a year?  

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2008 at 11:25am by N/A »  

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #27 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 4:28pm
"I didn't go to bars much. One drunken asshole was all I could handle and that was me." - Stephen King

Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk

"I never understood social drinking, that's always seemed to me like kissing your sister." - Stephen King

Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!  Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!  Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!  Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed!

"The only reason that I didn’t commit suicide was the fact that I knew I wouldn’t be able to drink any more if I was dead." - Eric Clapton

really? really? really? really? really? really?

"A woman drove me to drink and I never even had the courtesy to thank her."  - W.C. Fields

Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick Perverted Mick

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #28 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:07pm
"Don't give me no lectures about stress and strife. Sobriety just ain't my way of life" -  George Thorogood Let's go get drunk

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #29 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:30pm
Well... I belong to "more than one" of the options, but I can vote for just one of them

• I drink but always end up drunk
  • I think I'm an alcoholic & need help
  • I use drugs instead.

To the last question I would change it to "I use drugs in addition to booze"

So... what can a poor boy do?
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:32pm by Voodoo Chile in Wonderland »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #30 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:42pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:30pm:
Well... I belong to "more than one" of the options, but I can vote for just one of them

• I drink but always end up drunk
  • I think I'm an alcoholic & need help
  • I use drugs instead.

To the last question I would change it to "I use drugs in addition to booze"

So... what can a poor boy do?

Except to sing for a rock and roll band....? Wink

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #31 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:44pm
Sioux I love ya!!!    

You rock!

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #32 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:06pm
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland wrote on Dec 28th, 2008 at 5:44pm:
Sioux I love ya!!!    

You rock!

Grin Grin You rock! You rock!

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)