Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How much Stones you got?? (Read 2,717 times)
marko
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Finland
Re: How much Stones you got??
Reply #25 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:05am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Well,me and Gazza used to trade,it think it was around 1999-2001,we pretty much have or had the same collection.Ijust counted my stones bootlegs,cdīs alone
are 1300,but that number is not correct,beacuse some of the sets have 4 cdīs inside,i counted,one=one....
About a hundred cdīs is outtakes alone.
But my cdīs arenīt updated,,,,
Dvdīs i have about 230,but thats only shows,not documents,i still have MANY interesting documents on VHS,i got some of those from gazza,great stuff.
Then i still have vinyl bootlegs as well,maybe 150.
I have all the originals on vinyl and on cd,i even have russian versions on cd,they contain some bootleg songs,like outtakes and live cuts.

Neil young i have around 250shows,same amount Led Zeppelin,couple of pink floyds and black sabbath.
My rooom is pretty much full.
In fact,when next tour comes around,i must get more room for my cdīs.
I have pics of cdīs and music room,but i have no idea,how to get them here?

https://www.facebook.com/marko.kuusela.3  
IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rhode Island
Reply #26 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 4:41am
Not including their respective solo albums, I've at least some 1500 hours of Stones on my music hard drive.  I've twice as much Dead.

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

IrelandCalling4
Rocks Off Regular

Jolly Green Ireland
Reply #27 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 6:28am
A plentiful supply, lots of Stones goodies to keep me happy for many-a-year^

Unlike my friend Gazza, who claims to have a whopping 700 hours of stones visual, I can only claim to have about 300 hours, the collecting thing can be a wee bit like a drug, though I do love stones DVD's and anything I haven't got! I gots the fever...

Besides the 300 hours on Video/DVD, and all of the official albums and even most solo albums, I have 30 - 40 CD boots perhaps, and a shedload of magazines and books. Quite a lot really, and like many have mentioned here, am fast running out of space to store my Stones Gold^

Still, I'd rather have it than not...!

'Ceol, ol agus cailin' - As Good A Motto As Any&&&&Top 5 Song-Titles:&&&&1.  "I'm going to Build me a bar, in the back of my Car, and drive myself to drink" !!&&&&2.  "How come your dog don't bite nobody but me"!&&&&3.  "Don't Cry on my shoulder cuz you're rusting my spurs" &&&&4.  "The Beer I had for breakfast is coming back for Lunch" (Love that one!)&&&&5.  "If money talks, it ain't on speaking terms with me" !

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #28 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 8:17am
My Stones room still lets me squeeze in and sleep there every night.... Wink Yeah, I've got a bucketload of stuff too. And some valuable stuff too. Love my stuff! Grin

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

Lazy Bones
Rocks Off Regular

Canada
Reply #29 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 1:25pm
In the last couple months I've boxed up most of my recordings - audio and video. The last few years saw me simply labeling envelopes to save space and time rather than printing covers and using jewel, slim or dvd cases.

Between the Stones, Dylan and Neil - my big three - I have left a couple hundred of my favourites and best-sounding shows on display and ready to roll when the urge sets in.

Quite simply I've gotten away from torrenting because the mass of shows kept compounding and got to a point where dozens and dozens of shows - even though most were burned to media - didn't make it through the speakers or tv screen. I wish I had the time, but sadly, I don't.

Old man winter, however, is pretty much here again, and usually drives me outta the Canadian cold and onto the computer....

IP Logged

polytoxic
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #30 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:11pm
All I need and not enough.

Which is to say, all the official releases (natch) which is my comfort food, my Shepherd's Pie if you will.

The major studio outtakes from the golden years, and the major live boots like Philly 72, Brussels, Perth, Newcastle 73,
L.A.75 Paris 76 and Fort Worth 78...You get the idea.

Still waiting on that late period masterpiece and the original mix of Might As Well Get Juiced.

IP Logged

platter
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 2:50pm
i also have the original sticky fingers record with the zipper and also the satanic majesties request with the 3d original cover.  i consider those my prized stones possesions.  now if i could only get my hot hands on the original some girls record i would die a happy man.  i [vaguely now]  remember buying this 4-7 times when it first came out.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #32 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:11pm
My prized possessions mostly consist of original Brian Jones things---autographs, a hand written letter....and a couple of small locks of hair that friends of mine obtained in person in the mid 60's {one in Australia, one in Britain}. I have everyone else's autograph {of the original 5} but Charlie's.....I have a few original snapshots of shows in the 60's as well. And a couple of rare posters {one for High Tides that was on a record store wall in So. California when the album first came out}. I also have an I-Contact book and a Blinds and Shutters that has Stash's autograph as well as Christopher Gibbs  and others. Also Alexis Korner's autograph. Lots and lots of magazines and books and pictures, as well as the music. I tried to collect as many concerts from the 60's as I could....I have most of them {with Brian} I think...

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #33 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 8:34pm
Thanks for posting the jacket pic SV!

I find it unbelievable that some people have 600+ bootlegs! Thats incredible. I remember reading something where MICK went out and bought about $600 worth of bootlegs in NYC because he didnt have recordings of the shows and he wanted to hear them! He wasnt mad about it, but he haggled over the shipping costs so they threw it in for free. Ha! MICK felt he was getting ripped off buying his own bootlegs ~ thats funny!   Grin

IP Logged

Zack
Rocks Off Regular

Chiba Face Rules You Bastards!

Dakar
Reply #34 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 4:47am
I have about 2000 pieces, probably 300 of which are Stones.  They are stored in four large cabinets in my guest room-office. which also contains about a dozen shoe boxes and US-government in-boxes (great for slim CDs) pretty much all over the place.  I don't have much non-music memorbilia except for a shelf full of rock and roll books and my framed Ray Davies autographed Kinks album.

A question for others with large collections?  What do you do about storage?  Boxes in the basement?   If so, how do you get to it?  A rotating system.  Anyone got it all in the living room (my wife refuses).  Sioux is you say your "Stones room" is dedicated to your collection of memorabilia, yet you sleep in it.  Anyone else got a room specifically for music?

Only a crowd can make you feel so alone.

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #35 - Nov 28th, 2008 at 11:18am
Yeah, I'm married, but after my daughter went to college, I got used to sleeping in her room {the husband has crazy hours and I just can't sleep in the same bed anymore}. So, right after college she got married, and that became "my" room. Smiley So, for the first time since I was a teenager, I got to put all my rare, and not so rare, Stones/Brian posters on the walls! And then I started adding autographed pix and things {Dennis Wilson, Pete Best....and my Stu Sutcliffe pen sketch}. The books are everywhere--in the bookcase and neatly stacked on a table and in the corner of the room. The CD's are stored in about 3 different places, lol. My rare books {I-Contact and Blinds and Shutters} are right within reach. The magazines are neatly stored in boxes, as are the videos and DVD's. My other SPECIAL things are stored in one, very accessible box, that I can grab in any emergency! And yes, somehow there's still room for a bed.... Wink

I LOVE that room, though. You are just assailed with Stones as soon as you open the door! Makes me think it's 1966 for sure... Smiley Cool

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)