Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My secret life: Jo Wood (Read 2,476 times)
Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

My secret life: Jo Wood
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
My secret life: Jo Wood, Businesswoman & former model, 53

Interview by Charlotte Philby
Saturday, 1 November 2008
Independent.co.uk

Jo Wood: "Junk food is ruining everyone on the planet. And in the future, this era will be known as the Age of Plastic ? there's so much around."

The home I grew up in ... was a council house in Basildon, Essex, until I was nine. Then we moved into an old vicarage my dad had bought that was in serious need of renovation; we stayed there until I was 16. It was wonderful: 300 years old and full of character.

When I was a child I wanted to be ... Twiggy: she was my childhood hero.

The moment that changed me for ever ... was learning about organic food. In 1992, I was ill and on steroids, and then I met a herbalist who told me about the importance of eating organically. It changed my whole life.

My greatest inspiration ... Barbara Hulanicki. I fell in love with Biba when I was 16.

My real-life villains ... are junk food and plastic. Junk food is ruining everyone on the planet. And in the future, this era will be known as the Age of Plastic – there's so much around.

If I could change one thing about myself ... I'd like to be a great speller and good at maths. I find it hard to understand numbers. I was useless at school, I just liked art and cooking.

What I see when I look in the mirror ... Myself. People try to find themselves, but you're right there, all you have to do is look.

My style icon ... is Brigitte Bardot. She was absolutely beautiful. I love her hair and the pale lips combined with dark eyes. I've copied her all my grown-up life.

At night I dream of ... Lately I've been dreaming of Ronnie [Wood, her estranged husband]. I miss his presence in the home; after 31 years together, I'm bound to need time to get him out of my system.

My favourite item of clothing ... my Dior biker boots, which I've worn for years.

I wish I'd never worn ... When Bill Wyman married Mandy, I was on steroids and wore this awful peachy-orange floppy hat and black dress. But I wasn't all there at the time; steroids take your soul away.

It's not fashionable but I like ... flannel pyjamas.

You wouldn't know it but I'm very good at ... drawing. I can draw anything. My father was an architect and model-maker; my mother was a doll maker; and my brothers and sisters are artistic too.

You may not know it but I'm no good at ... thinking before I speak. The other day, I criticised somebody's speech at a party, and the person I was talking to turned out to be their best friend. I nearly died.

If I have time to myself ... I don't often, but if I did, I'd like to explore England a bit more. I've never even seen the Roman baths in Bath. I tend to work out or ride my bike around the park if I have free time.

The shop I can't walk past ... is Whole Foods Market [in London], and cool antique shops.

My favourite work of art ... Tracey Emin's tapestry blanket. She's quirky and I love what she does. Who else sews stuff these days? Maybe she will inspire kids to start that again.

All my money goes on ... vintage clothes.

I drive ... It's not very "eco", but Ronnie was given an AMG Mercedes, which he gave to me. I like to drive fast and would love to take the AMG on a road trip.

My house is ... Victorian. Apparently it was built as a present for Queen Victoria.

My most valuable possession is ... my family.

My favourite building ... is the State Hermitage Museum in St Petersburg. I would loved to have lived in that time. Maybe I did.

Movie heaven ... Comedies. I loved Modern Romance with Albert Brooks. And Young Frankenstein. I hate scary or violent films.

The person who really makes me laugh ... is my daughter, Leah. She cracks me up. I also love Steve Martin and Richard Pryor.

In 10 years' time, I hope to be ... very successful, surrounded by kids and grandkids. Maybe with another partner: who knows what will happen? You never know what's in store, so you take it as it comes and make the most of it.

The best invention ever ... is the camera. I've got thousands of pictures; when I'm a little old lady, I'll go through them.

My greatest regret ... I only have lessons in life. Every day you face challenges; it's how you deal with them that makes you stronger.

My life in seven words ... loving, green, inquisitive, healthy, funny, happy, pioneering.

A life in brief

Born in 1955 in Basildon, Essex, Jo Wood is an ex-model and the recently estranged wife of the Rolling Stones' guitarist Ronnie Wood. Together they have four children and four grandchildren. Jo launched her own organic bath and bodycare range, Jo Wood Organics, in 2005. She lives in Kingston-upon-Thames with her son Tyrone, and is supporting Enterprise Week running from 17 to 23 November (enterpriseweek.org.uk )

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Re: My secret life: Jo Wood
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:27am
Someone please let Jo know that I am available!

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:29am

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:28am
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:27am:

are you any good at dressing up as a maid and cleaning house?  if so, i'll see what i can do.

Smiley

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #4 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:34am
Quote:
Edith Grove wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:27am:

are you any good at dressing up as a maid and cleaning house?  if so, i'll see what i can do.

Smiley

Well, I do keep a clean house, but I'm not much into that role-play stuff. Blank Frigging Stare

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 5:49pm
"At night I dream of ... Lately I've been dreaming of Ronnie [Wood, her estranged husband]. I miss his presence in the home; after 31 years together, I'm bound to need time to get him out of my system."

How sad!

Sad!  Sad!  Sad!

If I were Jo, I would set Ivanka up!  I would hire a young, handsome guy to pose as a billionaire's son, then somehow have Ivanka meet him!  If she truely "loves" Ronnie, she won't fall for this trick.  But, if she's just after his money, she will drop him like a HOT potato!  

And, Jo can go get her husband back!  Yay!
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:32pm by gorda »  

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:41pm
As time passes, I'm not so sure that Jo will even WANT Ronnie back......trust has totally been broken. And they could never get back to where they were before. It would take an extremely strong woman to overlook the last 6 months {and that would be if Ronnie came crawling back NOW} and commit herself to trying to establish a relationship again...

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:52pm
Sioux wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:41pm:
As time passes, I'm not so sure that Jo will even WANT Ronnie back......trust has totally been broken. And they could never get back to where they were before. It would take an extremely strong woman to overlook the last 6 months {and that would be if Ronnie came crawling back NOW} and commit herself to trying to establish a relationship again...

But, they always looked "so in love".  And, they're about to become grandparents.  This is supposed to be the "happy days".  What happened to "growing old together"?   True Love?  Forever and Ever?

P.S.  I don't think Ronnie realizes how RIDICULOUS and FOOLISH, he looks right now.  He is old enough to be her grandfather!  And, the fact that she was a cocktail waitress in a bar!  At least, if she had been a waitress in a fancy restaurant.  But, in a BAR!  In Mexico, women that work in bars are called cantineras and most of them are also hookers.

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:55pm
sorry gorda i like you a lot but:

At least, if she had been a waitress in a fancy restaurant.But, in a BAR!

Wink

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:01pm
gorda wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:52pm:
Sioux wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:41pm:

P.S.  I don't think Ronnie realizes how RIDICULOUS and FOOLISH, he looks right now.  He is old enough to be her grandfather!  And, the fact that she was a cocktail waitress in a bar!  At least, if she had been a waitress in a fancy restaurant.  But, in a BAR!  In Mexico, women that work in bars are called cantineras and most of them are also hookers.

thats discriminating
i call it gainful employment myself

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:05pm
stonedinaustralia wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 6:55pm:
sorry gorda i like you a lot but:

At least, if she had been a waitress in a fancy restaurant.But, in a BAR!

Wink

I don't understand.

????

I know you're being sarcastic, but I don't get it!

Like I stated before, there is nothing wrong with being a waitress.  In fact, some of them make a lot of money.  (Even though, they get paid minimum wage, they make up for it in tips.)  Most of them are college students and this job is just temporary.

But, working in a bar? Who works in a bar?  Who frequents a bar?

Decent women never go to bars!  Let alone work in one!

"The bars" that I frequent are usually in restaurants that happen to have a bar for people to sit while they wait for their table.  They give you that little buzzer, so you know when your table is ready.

BOTTOM LINE: SHE'S A SLUT!  AND, I DON'T LIKE HER!

GORDA DOES NOT APPROVE!

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:18pm
no not sarcastic - i try to avoid that as much as possible - esp. on the internet where it all gets lost in translation so easily

my sentiment is one of bemusement (hence the pic.)

you rail at this girl and vent your disapproval at what she  has done* - but then say it is all because she works in a bar and that if she  worked in a nice restaurant then everything she has done about which you protest would be OK

* and that is simplistic and unfair - ronnie is as much a part of the equation and if Jo is such a great wife and their marriage was so wonderful why would he thinking of looking further afield - the answer to that is we don't know and in fact none of us know bugger all about what is really going on

this thread (and the other Ronnie affair one) are RO's equivalent to those magazines you see in the supermarkets with Britnety Spears and Lindsay Lohan all over the cover

as to bars and who works in them - well I have worked in a few in my day and god knows I still frequent them - as for all bar maids being sluts - if only!!

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:25pm by stonedinaustralia »  

IP Logged

gorda
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:47pm
stonedinaustralia wrote on Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:18pm:
no not sarcastic - i try to avoid that as much as possible - esp. on the internet where it all gets lost in translation so easily

my sentiment is one of bemusement (hence the pic.)

you rail at this girl and vent your disapproval at what she  has done* - but then say it is all because she works in a bar and that if she  worked in a nice restaurant then everything she has done about which you protest would be OK

* and that is simplistic and unfair - ronnie is as much a part of the equation and if Jo is such a great wife and their marriage was so wonderful why would he thinking of looking further afield - the answer to that is we don't know and in fact none of us know bugger all about what is really going on

this thread (and the other Ronnie affair one) are RO's equivalent to those magazines you see in the supermarkets with Britnety Spears and Lindsay Lohan all over the cover

as to bars and who works in them - well I have worked in a few in my day and god knows I still frequent them - as for all bar maids being sluts - if only!!

Okay, I apologize, I guess that was a little mean and unfair.  Maybe, she does love Ronnie, maybe she is a nice girl with good intentions.  Only time will tell.  I hope for his sake that she is the real thing.  I hope she is worth it. 

All the pain, all the tears and the heartache, he is causing his family, I hope she is worth it.  It's not just about money, but about LOVE and TRUST.  I thought MARRIAGE was supposed to be FOR LIFE!  And, Jo stuck by him through all the tough times, and he repays her loyality like this?

It's going to be heart-breaking, 20 years down the road, when he's in his 80's, and he can barely walk, and he needs someone to hold on to?  Do you really think Ivanova is going to be there for him?

One thing is for sure, his kids will be there for him.  No matter how angry, they are right now.  The day he really needs them, they will be there for him!

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:55pm
evrything you say about that makes sense  tho it wouldn't surprise me to hear that Jo would party pretty hard herself

I was more about your rather harsh judgeemnt of female bar tenders

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 12:39pm
No wonder Ronnie dumped her, she can't count !
1. She says she got off steroids in 1992 thanks to that herbal crap
2.  She says she was on steroids when Bill wed Mandy...that was in 1999

IP Logged

BILL PERKS
Rocks Off Regular

NJ
Reply #15 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 10:34pm
gotdablouse wrote on Nov 3rd, 2008 at 12:39pm:
No wonder Ronnie dumped her, she can't count !
1. She says she got off steroids in 1992 thanks to that herbal crap
2.  She says she was on steroids when Bill wed Mandy...that was in 1999

YOU ARE USUALLY PRETTY SMART BUT IT WAS 1989 THAT BILL MADE THAT MISTAKE!

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #16 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 4:54am
Smiley

THANKS PERKS!

You're right, I can't believe I wrote that, my excuse ? I was on caffeine !

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Jo is said to possibly be getting it on with some dude she is going to have friendly dates with coming up such as lunch. She admits it very well could happen between the two.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Woods_ex-wife_goes_on_a_date/ar...

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 8:23pm
After cleaning up Ronnies messes all these years I hope she gets what she needs.She deserves to have some happiness and dignity.Ronnie..I like you less as a guitar player these days and more importantly as a man.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Sioux
Rocks Off Regular

Brian Jones---Foundation
Stone--Golden Stone

Virginia, U.S.A.
Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:38pm
I agree. But I don't know how dignified it is to say "...if I come out completely wasted and he pushes me into his car I won't say no!"

I'm just sayin'...... Roll Eyes

"When you change with every new day, still I'm going to miss you, Brian"

IP Logged

gotdablouse
Rocks Off Regular

Paris, France
Reply #20 - Nov 11th, 2008 at 8:45am
Yeah, what a slut ! Guess we know why she put up with Ronnie all these years !

IP Logged

Doxa
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #21 - Nov 12th, 2008 at 10:21am
I'm glad Ronnie Wood finally followed his heart and muse... he will damned by the press and the moralists everywhere, but what a hec... go ahead Ronnie! I understand you. Be honest to your rock and roll and artist instincts, and fuck the rest.

- Doxa

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)