Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ten years gone… Temple (Read 1,047 times)
Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Ten years gone… Temple
Nov 1st, 2008 at 5:16am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Today 10 years ago our good friend Temple Lee passed away in a tragic and absurd accident, two days later we had a post here by his dad (Charles) about it. This was a shocking reading as he was a great fan, a friend and specially a great person. We miss you Temple.

You all know it… virtual friendship is sometimes as intense as the real person-to-person relationship, and this was, my friends, the case.  Too bad we didn't meet him in person.

We of course have had many other good and loved regulars passing away all over these more than 10 years and all of the news about them were sad news, really… but he was the first one going “there” and to me and many of us really sad news specially the way he left.

In the words of Keith for Stu…

"Why'd you have to leave us like that, you sod! I could think of a hundred other fuckers who should have gone instead of him! He wasn't even on my list!"

Temple… wherever you are, bless this occupational therapy clinic and all the bastards who waste valuable time here… you rock my friend!!

…and we miss you!

For more about him click here http://www.rocksoff.org/temple.htm
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2008 at 7:46pm by Unholy Trinity »  

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Re: Ten years gone… Temple
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 8:06am
As soon as I saw the header a lump popped in my throat.
My god 10 years!

He was such an energetic poster.
He was so enthusiastic to have found a place like this.

When the news hit, I think everyone expected it to be some Halloween joke.

So young.
So sad.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 1:15pm
how many other regs have passed away?

tracygene at Disneyland is the only one i knew, as temple was before my time...his death from cancer was one of the hardest days of cyberposting i've experienced.

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 4:31pm
" how many other regs have passed away? "

Tough to say , but  --  God forbid -- If ANYTHING should happen to your young Joey do not worry  ...... my family has EXPLICIT instructions NOT to bury me too deep as in three days I plan on rising again just to come back to this board and post ALL THAT GOLD everyone has grown so accustomed to these past twenty - seven years .

I remain ...... FOREVER ...... your Joey .

The Joey , Est. 1999 and loved by EVERYBODY !!!!

|
|
V

'kins ! ™

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 4:42pm
Starbuck wrote on Nov 1st, 2008 at 1:15pm:
how many other regs have passed away?

Apologies if I've missed anyone out :

Riffhard64 from the US who died in 2004
Mottrush from Australia who died in 2006
Jacques from France who died in 2007

Seersuckersuit from LA posted here occasionally but was more a regular on Shidoobee, and passed away a couple of years ago.

The first two I traded with a few times, and the last two I'd met personally in their own part of the world for Stones shows in recent years and considered them as friends. All four were great guys and still greatly missed by those of us who knew them.

I didnt know Temple personally, but I remember that tragedy very well. Hard to believe it's been ten years.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2008 at 7:09pm
let us all remember those who have passed...............

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:13am
Man that's hard to believe. When I saw the header this morning it all came rushing back. Temple was a great poster. He was such a young guy, but he knew the band well and had a great sense of humor. I'll never for his Hopkin the Ferret posts. He would never fess up that he was the culprit but after his tragic death all those great and funny posts stopped. Temple was using aliases before using aliases was cool.

RIP Temple tens years later. Hard to fathom it's already been that long.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 1:43pm
I'm not sure he was actually Hopkin the Ferret since most of those posts seemed designed to tweak Temple specifically. Temple was the 1st person who ever emailed me from a board & he was the 1st person to ever send me something. He was really young & he had great enthusiasm for our favorite band. RIP buddy...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)