Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Jerry Lee Lewis wants Stones on new album (Read 880 times)
Ten Thousand Motels
Rocks Off Regular

Jerry Lee Lewis wants Stones on new album
Oct 25th, 2008 at 3:54am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Jerry Lee wants Stones on new album
8 hours ago
Oct 25, 2008
The Press Association
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5j2H0tKLFbtUWaE3g9byk_UO_8xrg

Jerry Lee Lewis said he is hoping to get Mick Jagger and Keith Richards onboard for his new album.

The 73-year-old, who is planning a blues-tinged record for release next year, is headlining at the London Rock 'n' Roll Festival on Tuesday at Kentish Town Forum.

The event kicks off the Great Balls Of Fire musician's European tour.
-------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 25 October 2008  UK
BBC

Lee Lewis eyes Stones for album 

Jerry Lee Lewis is about to start a tour of Europe
Rocker Jerry Lee Lewis has said he hopes to get Mick Jagger and Keith Richards to play on his new album.

The 73-year-old Great Balls Of Fire singer said he would "probably have" the two Rolling Stones stars as guests on his latest record.

"I have known them back when they were kids. Ain't that something? They ain't kids no more," said Lewis.

He described his new work as "far out stuff" as he gave a press conference ahead of a London gig next week.

Lewis is headlining the Rock 'n' Roll Festival on Tuesday. The performance will kickstart his European tour.

Lewis was asked if he was still "The Killer", as he was nicknamed.

"Yes sir. I'm a mean old man," he said. "That's the name of a song we've just recorded.

"I enjoy music and I enjoy playing the crowds. If they ever stop coming I'll just quit playing."

And he said rock 'n' roll audiences today are "just as wild as they always were".

« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2008 at 1:49pm by Ten Thousand Motels »  

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Re: Jerry Lee Lewis wants Stones on new album
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:38am
You rock!
Can't wait, that will be great. But how bout Charlie, Killer? really?
« Last Edit: Oct 25th, 2008 at 10:41am by Kilroy »  

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

Ian Billen
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

USA
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 4:46am

I wonder how factual that is? Maybe he is "assuming". Sort of sounds it by the way the articles read.

Ian

Thought you were dinner  ...but you were the shark ..

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2008 at 5:45am
If he is going to work with them, it'd be great - loved his duet with Mick on his last album.

Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later as he's been looking pretty cadaverous lately, unfortunately.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #4 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 6:58am
seeing him tonight!  Smiley
(and Wanda Jackson)

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Nasty Habits
Rocks Off Regular

God Rolls His Own!!

The Land of the Blue Sky
Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 11:53am
Ade wrote on Oct 28th, 2008 at 6:58am:
seeing him tonight!  Smiley
(and Wanda Jackson)

I would love to hear a report.  I heard a recent show he played was great, with little pandering and much rock/venom.  Need to see him again, been years.

Man, a Jerry Lee Lewis Meets the Rolling Stones summit of some sort would be monumental.  Dude would CERTAINLY not put up with the same level of yawnishness that Leavell does.  Charlie would be a great Jim Van Eaton.  Keith would be a killer Roland James.  JLL would be an amazing Ian Stewart.   If it was Jerry came in in the last 30 seconds of Rough Justice, that track would blow up. 

It should of course be noted that Keith's duet on the last JLL album was pretty great, too. 

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 3:42am
had a great time at the Killer show, last night. Let's go get drunk

He played everything you'd want to hear, and i can promise you, he can still play
some great rock and roll piano...no doubt about it. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

He was only onstage for 45 mins, but the opening night of his European tour, was
memorable and hugely enjoyable.  Smiley

Wanda Jackson and Linda Gail Lewis, were also great value and got the crowd swinging.
  Fun was had.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Prodigal Son
Rocks Off Regular

That'll be the way to
get along...

Calgary, AB, Canada
Reply #7 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 6:15am
Man, how is The Killer still alive? I'm glad he's still with us but when he would proclaim back in the 50s that he had the devil in him, boy he wasn't kidding and I'm not even talking about marrying his 13-year old cousin.

WWW Prodigal Son Prodigal Son ICQ-ball - -  
IP Logged

jostorm
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #8 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 11:11am
Ade wrote on Oct 29th, 2008 at 3:42am:
had a great time at the Killer show, last night. Let's go get drunk

He played everything you'd want to hear, and i can promise you, he can still play
some great rock and roll piano...no doubt about it. Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

He was only onstage for 45 mins, but the opening night of his European tour, was
memorable and hugely enjoyable.  Smiley

Wanda Jackson and Linda Gail Lewis, were also great value and got the crowd swinging.
 Fun was had.

Shame I didn't see you, Ade. Were you standing downstairs or sitting upstairs??? It occurred to me you might be there, but while looking for young, tall men in "loud" shirts  Wink I got too distracted by the old chaps "dressed up".

We got a seat at the front of the balcony,slapp-bang in the middle, with fantastic view. Personally I enjoyed most watching the couples dancing just below me, they were just crazy fun, and I loved both Jerry Lee and Lynda Gail's sets, but during Wanda Jackson's set I honestly thought I was going to lose the will to live....There is a time when some performers ought to retire, and she definitely overstepped that mark a while ago. As to her revelation that life changed when she took the Lord into her heart in 1971....Steve Earl gets on my tits with his political broadcasts, but he's still preferable to someone shoving the Lord down my throat. I mean, I am as accepting of people's belief's and creeds as the next person, but it seems she thought the concert hall was somewhere in the American Bible belt and not in Kentish town, it held a massive cringe-factor for me.....I really loved the kid playing the guitar , did you notice him ?(Tom Walsh?), those country guitarists in Jerry Lee's band were ace, but he just blew them off stage without seemingly any effort...

And Gazza is right: they better hurry up, Jerry Lee looked VERY frail indeed...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #9 - Oct 30th, 2008 at 3:34am
sorry to have missed you jostorm- i was not aware you were in attendance.

I was downstairs, amongst all the chaps and chapesses in all their period get-up..... great fun.

I fully concur on your thoughts regarding Ms.Jackson, although i have to say, i did enjoy her set (when she was singing and not rabbiting).

It isn't often you pay 50 quid for a ticket, and feel as though you've had value for money, (especially when the headliners set, is so short), but
it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and i echo your and Gazza's sentiments - go see Jerry Lee a.s.ap.

p.s...... yes, the youngster (James Walsh/Tom Walsh??) was excellent, i've seen him somewhere before, but i can't place him, at the mo.
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2008 at 3:36am by Ade »  

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)