Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
N.S.C - The Who announce 2 London club shows (Read 2,012 times)
sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Re: N.S.C - The Who announce 2 London club shows
Reply #25 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:01pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Joey wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 at 3:44pm:
" it's a great shame you will not be seeing The Who in 2008, Joey.  "

I feel your pain Ade !!!!

Please give Pete my love this December ..... there is ALWAYS 2009 .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

'kins ! ™

Joey I will give Pete your love (and mine) Nov.8th in LA...And if I happen to run into Keith in the bar at the Wilshire Grand before or after the show. I will pass along happy,happy's to him as well......Developing Let's go get drunk

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #26 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 5:41am
3RD LONDON SHOW FOR THE WHO

Harvey Goldsmith today announced that, due to overwhelming demand for their London shows, legendary rockers The Who are to play a third night at the indigO2 on December 17th.

Unlike the shows on the 14th/15th, for which members of www.thewho.com were given first option on tickets, the 17th December will be open to the general public.

Tickets go on sale 9am Monday 3rd November and are priced Kings Row £75 (very limited number), Balcony seated £45, Floor standing £45.

Tickets are available from Ticketmaster +44 (0)844 844 0002.

These exclusive Christmas shows follow on from a series of dates in the US and Japan, which began on October 21st and are receiving universal critical acclaim. The Detroit News commented ‘The Who are a communal experience, one that not only entertains, but elevates’.

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Aussie land
Reply #27 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 6:34am
The Who are coming to Oz! They are playing here in Melbourne after the Grand Prix!

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #28 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:38am
" The Who are coming to Oz! They are playing here in Melbourne after the Grand Prix! "

Corgi ...........................................

Are you teasing all of us ?!

www.thewho.com

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:44am
Joey - get yourself to London for the 3 Christmas shows!  Wow!

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #30 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:56am
" Joey - get yourself to London for the 3 Christmas shows!  "

Nine !!!!  ... NINEA !!!!!

The Oracle does NOT leave Nebraska !!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Ade
Rocks Off Regular

What's Occuring?

London, U.K
Reply #31 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:03am
Joey wrote on Oct 29th, 2008 at 8:56am:
The Oracle does NOT leave Nebraska !!!

www.QWESTCENTER.com

break the law,  -the judge won't find out.
« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:04am by Ade »  

...&&...&&&&...&&
IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #32 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:09am
Overwhelming demand?....They barely sold out the first 2 through the fan club.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #33 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 9:43am
" Overwhelming demand?....They barely sold out the first 2 through the fan club "

http://www.thewho.com/index.php

" 29th October, 2008
THE WHO TO PERFORM AT 2009 AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX "

" British rock legends The Who will perform a spectacular concert at the 2009 FORMULA 1 Australian Grand Prix.

The Who – arguably one of the greatest bands of all-time - will bring the curtain down on what is shaping up to be the biggest Grand Prix in Australia’s history.

With hits including ‘Who Are You’, ‘Substitute’, ‘My Generation’, ‘Pinball Wizard’ and ‘You Better You Bet’, The Who was the soundtrack for a generation. Next year they will provide the soundtrack to the Australian Grand Prix.

Performing in their only Melbourne show, The Who will take next year’s GP to a whole new level with a spectacular concert to herald the conclusion of the opening round of the Formula One world championship.

“Few bands can lay claim to being among rock royalty, but British rock gods The Who must surely feature on any list of the best bands of all-time,” said Zara Lawless, Acting CEO of the Australian Grand Prix Corporation. “Last year, an estimated 65,000 people stuck around after the big race to see a full, two-hour concert extravaganza from KISS. If you thought that was big, I urge you to get along to next year’s Grand Prix to be part of an event that people will talk about for years to come.”

Promoter Andrew McManus said, “After the tremendous success of last year I wanted to present a band that was just as exciting and dynamic on stage, so we can continue the momentum of the spectacular F1 race straight into one of the world’s leading acts. I had the opportunity of watching The Who headline the O2 festival in Ireland last year and was blown away by not only Roger Daltrey's vocals, but just the sheer magic coming off the stage from Pete Townshend and the rest of the band. The 2009 Australian Grand Prix can only get bigger and better with the inclusion of The Who!”

The Who is one of the most influential groups in rock music. Their progressive approach to the writing of albums and their exciting live shows are matched by few. The hard rock style they brought to England's music scene was one that set the stage for other bands ranging from Led Zeppelin to The Clash. The Who has sold over 100 million albums, won every major award including Grammies, Brit Awards and Lifetime Achievement honours and been inducted into both the US and UK Rock ’N Roll Hall of Fame. Their charitable work is legendary, with millions of dollars being raised over the years for a variety of causes. This work was recognised by the award of a CBE to Roger Daltrey in 2005.

All three versions of the American forensic drama CSI (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, and CSI: NY) feature songs written and performed by The Who as their theme songs – “Who Are You”, “Won't Get Fooled Again” and “Baba O'Riley” respectively.

Daltrey, 64, and guitarist/songwriter Pete Townshend, 63, are the last two surviving members of the original foursome. The band is rounded out by long-time members Simon Townshend (guitar), Zak Starkey (drums), Pino Palladino (bass) and John ‘Rabbit’ Bundrick (keys).

“This is a special occasion for us to come and be with you guys at the time of the Grand Prix,” said Townshend. “KISS did it last year and we hear they played to big crowds, but we hope to see an even bigger crowd when we hit Melbourne in March.”

“We can’t wait to get there,” added Daltrey. “We hope a load of you turn out to see us. It’s a bloody long way to go, but you’re worth coming to.”

Anyone with any valid ticket to the Grand Prix on Sunday, 29 March will be able to see The Who concert at no extra cost. A limited number of premium tickets will be available for an additional cost.

‘My Generation Platinum’ tickets will be sold for $225. This includes general admission entry to the Grand Prix on Sunday, 29 March as well as admission to an exclusive viewing area immediately in front of the stage.

‘Who Are You Gold’ tickets will be sold for $175. This includes general admission entry to the Grand Prix on Sunday, 29 March as well as admission to a premium viewing area, immediately behind the ‘My Generation Platinum’ viewing area and in front of the general patron viewing area.

Those who have 4-day general admission, grandstand or corporate tickets can also purchase a $76 upgrade which allows them access to the ‘Who Are You Gold’ area.

Tickets to the ‘My Generation Platinum’ and ‘Who Are You Gold’ viewing areas will be available to the general public on Monday, 3 November.  "

http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=221

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #34 - Oct 29th, 2008 at 10:45am
" .... I will give Pete your love (and mine) Nov.8th in LA...And if I happen to run into Keith in the bar at the Wilshire Grand before or after the show. I will pass along happy,happy's to him as well...... "

sweetcharmedlife ..................................................

Watch out for Keith ....... the guy can friggin DRINK !!!!!!!

J'LO ! ™

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)