Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Jagger and Morrison (Read 2,412 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Jagger and Morrison
Reply #25 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 6:40am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
he would have been pushing up daisies by the time the Exile sessions started, though.

Another Stones 'connection' is the recent development in the mystery surrounding his death. One of the possible scenarios alluded to in that book (the original version anyway - later versions have an epilogue) is the one of him taking a heroin overdose in the wonderfully named Rock 'n' Roll Circus nightclub before being covertly returned to his apartment. A recent claim gives more weight to that scenario - with the heroin being supposedly obtained from a connection who also had links to Marianne Faithfull, who was also apparently present in the club that night.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-466947/The-shocking-truth-pal-Ji...

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #26 - Oct 15th, 2008 at 8:23am
[quote author=corgi37 link=1223835264/0#24 date=1224061071]I've been scouring that bloody Morrison book for 2 days now and I FUCKING KNOW Jagger & Morrison went out one night in L.A. I know it. I do!

I know that Jagger went & seen The Doors at the Hollywood Bowl in '68, I read about this at that time in "Circus" or "Crawdaddy" magazine, because Jagger found Jim's performance boring when asked about it, for one thing Jim barely moves on stage, while I believe, Jagger thought a performer should be dancing & moving about, but Corgi37 your probably right, I would image that Morrison & Jagger would get together with him being at the concert.
As to Morrison dying from a heroin overdose, I read the book (No one here,etc) & it mentions that Jim didn't like Pamela use of Heroin at all, in fact she would hide it from him, Jim didn't like her friends either who supplied her with it, but who knows what happened that time he died, he was a person when drunk (which was most of the time) would try anything, maybe he gave in & did it????? I'm going by the Book NOHGOA, I was a big fan of the Doors in the 60's & followed Jim's drinking myself, & tried to drink like him, I used to get drunk on "Absolutely Live" one of my favorite tracks was "Celebration of the lizard" his theatrical voice & singing was amazing.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #27 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 6:16am
Today would have been Jim Morrison's 65th birthday. A chilling thought.

I see his dad - Rear Admiral George Morrison - died just last week. He never did comment on what he thought of "The End"...!

... ... ...
IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #28 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 12:44pm
stonedinaustralia wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 7:54pm:
Gazza - you certainly cut a fine figure of a man - Mrs. Gazza must be pleased with herself...you have an almost springsteenian caste to your countenance - he has irish roots - you're not related are you??

LOL...oh boy, I'll get a lot of mileage out of torturing him with that one. Thanks, SIA! Grin
really?

Seriously, though Gaz, very cool pic.
Cool

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Heart Of Stone
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules

Charlottetown Prince Edward Is
Reply #29 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 12:59pm
Gazza wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 at 6:16am:
Today would have been Jim Morrison's 65th birthday. A chilling thought.

I see his dad - Rear Admiral George Morrison - died just last week. He never did comment on what he thought of "The End"...!

I don't think his Dad even liked rock music, much less The End, which would really turn him off, Jim used to say in interviews that his parents are dead, that's what he thought of his parents.

The Rolling Stones ain't just a group, their a way of life-Andrew Loog Oldham.
......[URL=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/merrillm123/media/69inLA.jpg.html]
WWW Merrill Moran  
IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #30 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 2:31pm
Gazza wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:47pm:
I'm not so sure.

Morrison moved to Paris mid-March 1971 and died on 3rd July. The Stones moved to France soon after the Marquee show on 26th March.

Jim and Pamela did take a road trip in April for a few weeks through the south of France, into Spain and on to Morocco, but there's no indication they took a detour to the Nice area.

Good account of his final months here : http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/1409/quietday.htm

This photo was taken at his grave at Pere-Lachaise cemetery in June 2005. It's in a lot better condition than it was when I had last visited in 1987. They have security constantly nearby and it's fenced off to prevent fans desecrating the headstone (and those of the other nearby occupants) which had been put up a few years earlier.

..and this photo, taken in June of this year, is at the front door of the apartment where Jim took his last bath. It's now an office.

that place looks like it sobered up a bit. when i was there in 86  place was like hobo encampment............celebrating the lizard.....

IP Logged

scotmw65
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

sacramento
Reply #31 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 9:23pm
In the book "Morrison" Jim meets Mick at the green hotel on La Cienega where Jim used to stay after being in the studio or at Barney's Beanery getting hammered.It was July 1968,they just talked about being famous and about dancing on stage.Great  book on Morrison.

IP Logged

Glimmer Twin
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #32 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 9:10pm
Morrison is over rated in my opinion, and what intellect?  He drugged himself to death.  That's pretty friggin stupid.  There are many better than Morrison.  Roger Daltry, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, David Bowie (though i think he's over rated too), and Elvis!!!

IP Logged

corgi37
Rocks Off Regular

Aussie land
Reply #33 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:07am
I love the Doors when in the mood. But ya have to admit Morrison was just an out and out prick as a person. Not that it really matters.

Unreal that his dad died last week. Never heard that over here. I thought it would have made some media outlet. Give the old codger credit, he never cashed in. In fact, none of Morrison's family ever really cashed in. I suppose they didnt have to. Amazing family when you think of it. A book by Morrison's brother would be interesting. I guess it stands to reason Mick and Jim DID meet, but it must have been no big deal.

I prefer Daltrey's story of the Isle of Wight festival when he offered Morrison a drink of his booze backstage. And Jimbo drank the whole bottle! In this awesome WHO book i have, Townshend was so shocked by Morrisson's behaviour, that he wrote a song about it. Thinking about Petey today, i wonder if he fancied Jim? Bit of rough trade, huh? lol Or was it a poem or whatever. He also wrote something about Brian. Something like "Brian died every day" or similar.

I'd like to see a real good doco on the Doors. Maybe a factual mini series or something. The movie was ok, but too overblown. I have to admit, i am spooked by Manzarak though. The guy had 1 trip too many. And seems to have spent so many decades living and profiting off Jim's notoriety. Calling him a Shaman and all this shit.

Anyway, i love the Doors and to me, they are the best Yank band in history. I dont think anyone else was as good or original.

I aint no peace freak

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #34 - Dec 10th, 2008 at 6:59am
mojoman wrote on Dec 8th, 2008 at 2:31pm:
Gazza wrote on Oct 13th, 2008 at 4:47pm:
I'm not so sure.

Morrison moved to Paris mid-March 1971 and died on 3rd July. The Stones moved to France soon after the Marquee show on 26th March.

Jim and Pamela did take a road trip in April for a few weeks through the south of France, into Spain and on to Morocco, but there's no indication they took a detour to the Nice area.

Good account of his final months here : http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palladium/1409/quietday.htm

This photo was taken at his grave at Pere-Lachaise cemetery in June 2005. It's in a lot better condition than it was when I had last visited in 1987. They have security constantly nearby and it's fenced off to prevent fans desecrating the headstone (and those of the other nearby occupants) which had been put up a few years earlier.

..and this photo, taken in June of this year, is at the front door of the apartment where Jim took his last bath. It's now an office.

that place looks like it sobered up a bit. when i was there in 86  place was like hobo encampment............celebrating the lizard.....

the grave you mean? Yeah - when I went there in 1987 it was in a pretty diabolical state.  You can get a map at  Pere lachaise which shows you where the 'celebrity' resting places are. Even though its an absolutely huge cemetery, back then you didnt need a map to find Morrison's gravesite. The graffitti (and resulting desecration of many of the tombstones in it's vicinity) made it pretty easy.

It's been cleaned up dramatically in the last decade

... ... ...
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)