Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
30 years ago : SNL with the Rolling Stones (Read 3,115 times)
Keefj200
Rocks Off Regular

Ain't I tough enough?

Pensacola, Florida
Re: 30 years ago : SNL with the Rolling Stones
Reply #25 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:42am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
If you watch the rehearsals of the show, Jagger's voice is in good shape.  It must have been frustrating for him to blow his voice out just before the show.  Even in the Tom Snyder sketch, you can hear how hoarse his voice is.

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 8:03am
Gazza wrote on Oct 8th, 2008 at 6:45pm:
Quote:
Holden wrote on Oct 7th, 2008 at 4:27pm:
What's up with Mick's voice? Is that the coke?

coke may have had something to do with it, but this snl performance came after a long tour of the usa.  mick had larangitis, big time.

The "long tour of the USA" consisted of about 25 shows in 7 weeks and had ended on 26th July - almost 11 weeks before they did SNL. Hardly a cause for laryngitis in October.

His voice was shot as a result of too much 'partying' all week with Belushi, Aykroyd and co.

A bit OTT in parts but at least, 9 years after their last US tv appearance and 11 years after the "let spend some time together" sell-out, Mick got his own back by getting to say "fuck" on live TV....

Yes Gazza as usual you are correct, but when did MICK say FVCK? in one of the songs? or the skits? refresh my memory please.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 12:48pm
Quote:
Quote:
I can make copies but I'm not sure I trust you, frankly...

well excuse me

I was kidding you. I can make copies if needed.

IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 5:08pm
i checked out what i had last night and what i have is...it looks to be some person with a hand held camera [on a tripod because its not shaky filmed] recording the stones during the rehearsals for their snl performance...its pretty cool to see the progression throughout the dvd...there are 2 sections to this dvd and it lasts about an hour.  i am not sure if it is available out there but to me it definetly feels bona fide boot leggy.  i have another on which i think i have heard people talk about before and that is the for worth's texas 4 song set...well at the end of this i have 2 'bonus songs' if you will and then the 3 song uninterupted from the snl performance.  i can't ask glencar to rattle off a billion copies of these 2 dvd's  but it would be nice to send a few out to say 10 people...its up to him really because i think maybe i can trust this dude.  

You rock!
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2008 at 5:10pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

andrews27
Rocks Off Regular

Wake up Bowie or we all
through!!

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Reply #29 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 11:14pm
A story told at NYU in the period:  Somebody's relative was a cameraman on SNL.  Some months after the Stones appearance, Somebody showed the relative a still photo of the Stones and asked for anecdotes.  Two were:

*That a large bag of substance was available for dipping during the rehearsals, and that, to the cameraman's horror, spoons weren't even used, "they just kept stickin' their fingers in."

*That "This guy [indicating defendant Richards] was all over Laraine Newman and wouldn't leave her alone."

That guy that punched Mick at Altamont...and all the Hell's Angels...all that bad acid let them hear A Bigger Bang!!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 7:43pm
Keith stepped down for a week or so, eh?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)