Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Taj Mahal (Read 684 times)
Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Taj Mahal
Sep 29th, 2008 at 12:57pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
The wife and I went and saw Taj Mahal last night at the Tower Theatre here in Bend, OR. Really good show. I saw him a few years ago and he was really good then too. I even got an autographed cd.

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
https://www.facebook.com/MARKMMCCOLLUM  
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Re: Taj Mahal
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 3:41pm
that sounds great.  what did he do...did he come out to the stage after the show and sign stuff?  did he play the song he does on the rock and roll circus?
i got al dimeola's autograph because after the show he came out to mingle a bit with the audience.

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #2 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 6:50pm
No actually the souvenir stand was selling autographed copies of Taj's new cd which comes out tomorrow. Some of the songs he played were Fishin' Blues, Corinna, Queen Bee, Big Legged Mamas Are Back in Style, and alot of others. It was really a cool show.

Music, to me, is the joy, right? I love my kids most of the time, and I love my wife most of the time. Music I love all the time. It's the only constant thing in my life. It's the one thing you can count on. :Keith Richards 1993

&&... &&...
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:06pm
do you question the authenticity of your autograph at all?

does sound like a great show especially in bend, or of all places.  smith rocks is a beautiful place, i am sure you know where i am talking about.  great hiking and rock climbing there.

corina.  wow!!! great tune.

how much was it for a bud?

Are you fucking serious?
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:15pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Gimme Shelter
Rocks Off Regular

THE ROLLING STONES #1

Bend, OR
Reply #4 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:24pm
Not really, I'm pretty sure its real. It was such a small venue. We just moved from Sacramento last month.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:59pm by Gimme Shelter »  

&&... &&...
IP Logged

SweetVirginia
Rocks Off Regular

I know it's only rock
'n roll but I like it

NY
Reply #5 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:48pm
GTRM and Lady Jane had tickets to see him in Atlantic City a couple of years ago.....but our behavior prior to showtime cause them to miss the show!
What a post Ronnie!!!!! Interesting stuff Ronnie! Ouch! smoking more weed is good for your health Let's go get drunk Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Better seen on weed! Let's go get drunk Let's go get drunk

...&&&&&&

IP Logged

Holden
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Tampa Bay
Reply #6 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 7:49pm
I saw him at the Tampa Bay Blues Festival a couple of years ago. It was a damn good show, he's a great guitarist. I shook his hand and got an autographed copy of his biography after the show. I've yet to open the book.

mrhipfl  
IP Logged

vox12string
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Australia
Reply #7 - Sep 29th, 2008 at 9:45pm
First saw him @ the Mariposa festivals in Toronto, would have been 1969-1970, & then in Regina Sask. in 1976. I've always stood in awe of him as an artiste, I rate myself a copyist rather than an inovator which he certainly is, equally at home with a funky electric blues as with Mississippi Jon Hurt

I rediscovered the song 'Little Brown Dog' thru him, Peter Paul & Mary had done it, but the surrealism of it hit me on his version, still do it after all these years.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)