Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New York Dolls: Photographs by Bob Gruen (Read 405 times)
GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

New York Dolls: Photographs by Bob Gruen
Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:03pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
This opening is free and open to the public.

On Friday, October 3rd at 6:00 pm please join Stewart, Tabori & Chang and Susan Blond, Inc. in celebrating legendary photographer Bob Gruen and his seventh book to date, New York Dolls: Photographs by Bob Gruen at the International Center for Photography (1133 Avenue of the Americas between 42nd & 43rd Streets).

According to Vanity Fair, "Bob Gruen is a man whose name is practically synonymous with rock and roll photography."

Housed in a pink satin cover, New York Dolls: Photographs by Bob Gruen, contains 200+ images of the Dolls both on and off the stage - many of them never seen before – in addition to essay tidbits compiled by Please Kill Me author Legs McNeil and an interview with David Johansen and guitarist Sylvain Sylvain, by famed guitarist Lenny Kaye of the Patti Smith Group and an afterword by Morrissey. Formed in 1971 in New York City, the New York Dolls stunned the music community with their over-the-top style and their highly energetic musicianship, paving the way for bands like the Ramones and the Sex Pistols. Bob Gruen was with them every step of the way, as their friend, confidant, and of course, photographer.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: New York Dolls: Photographs by Bob Gruen
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:29pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
That's funny I last saw Bob Gruen at the Dolls show at The Stone Pony this past July. He was snapping away. Nice guy, but he won't give any breaks on the price of his prints! Wink I even bought him a beer. Nice guy all the same. Very quite.

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)