Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Which is Joshie's favorite Beatles song?

Revolution 9:15    
  4 (12.9%)
You Really Got a Hold on Deuteronome    
  1 (3.2%)
You've Got to Hide Your Love Yahweh    
  6 (19.4%)
Nowhere Menorah    
  5 (16.1%)
You're Going to Lose that Goy-l    
  14 (45.2%)
Israel Be Back    
  1 (3.2%)
Esau Her Standing There    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 31
« Last Modified by: Starbuck on: Feb 6th, 2019 at 10:36pm »

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 ... 232
Send Topic Print
The all Macca thread (Read 100,986 times)
Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Re: Happy Birthday jb ==> The all Macca thread
Reply #5525 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 1:20pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 

' joey   .... why did the rolling stones agree to tour once again ?  '

***************  " SIGH !!!!! "  ***************

The following Some Guy   .....

THE FOLLOWING !!!!! :

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/paul-mccartney-takes-credit-for-rolling-stones...

" Sir Paul Mccartney - Paul Sir Paul Mccartney Takes Credit For Rolling Stones Reunion  " 

" Sir Paul Mccartney is convinced he is responsible for The Rolling Stones' reunion gigs, insisting his constant touring inspired them to hit the road again.

The Brown Sugar rockers got back together last year (12) to mark their 50th anniversary with huge concerts in London, New York, and New Jersey.

MCCartney made sure he caught their show in the Big Apple, and he is adamant his old pals Keith Richards and Sir Mick Jagger were prompted to tour again by his own love of playing live.

He tells Nme magazine, "They wanna be part of what I'm doing. 'Cos (sic) I've been touring quite consistently. But it's what we do, it's the thing we're best at. And we've had a lot of practice and we've got a lot of music to draw from. So, it's really natural that if the Stones are getting on - which they are - they come  "

|
|
|
|
V

... !!!!!

|
|
|
|
V

...  !!!!!!

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5526 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 1:47pm
Maccas next album should be titled Summers Eve.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5527 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:35pm
' joey  ...... today is brother jb's REAL b-day   ...... so what is he doing in nyc ?   '

WHAT ?!

" October 10, 2013 -- New York Daily News

Paul McCartney plays surprise concert in New York's Times Square

Beatle's publicity stunt comes just one day after he played a full set at Queen's Frank Sinatra High School as part of his promotion of new album, 'New.'

Paul McCartney continued his guerilla concert dates Thursday, turning up to play a terse set before a surprised lunch time crowd in Times Square.

The four song showcase arrived just one day after the ex-Beatle played a full 13 song set - and conducted a "master class" Q&A session- with students gathered in the auditorium of the Frank Sinatra High School in Astoria, Queens.

McCartney has been performing these hit-and-run shows as a p.r. move to push his first album of original songs in 6 years - aptly titled "New" - out Tuesday>

For Thursday's event, the icon played on a stage fitted into a tractor tailor that pulled up at 46th Street and Broadway, by the TXS Booth.

The affable star appeared with his usual four man band, who offered songs from the new disc, including the punky hard "Save Us" and the audience sing-along "Everybody Out There." No Beatles or Wings songs were performed.

Halfway into his free, four song set in Times Square, Paul McCartney announced, "I should put a tip jar in front of me, because we are pretty much busking out here."

"You're a lovely audience," McCartney said before ending his 15 minute show. "Let's do this the same time tomorrow - just kidding.

From Youtube

"Queenie Eye" (most of the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVoVRQ63XrE

"Everybody Out There"
http://youtu.be/VCT62B-nH6M

"Everybody Out There" (whole song)
http://youtu.be/dzOQY0L4CrQ

"New," snippet,"Save Us" barely a snippet
http://youtu.be/DQaOlQHyg60

"Save Us" (end of song)
http://youtu.be/jVWYbtasEcY

News footage of people talking to the camera, some close ups of Paul, but not much of the songs/
http://youtu.be/_1biuEZ2dHI

McCartney's "New" will be released on Tuesday.  "

http://themaccareport.com/news/report.htm

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013 at 2:37pm by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Paul McCartney and the Mull of Kintyre
Reply #5528 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 6:02pm

IP Logged

Voodoo Chile in Wonderland
Unholy Trinity Admin

The Stones are back you
bastards!!!!

Wonderland
Reply #5529 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 3:00pm
McCartney alleges Rolling Stones copied The Beatles

By IANS
Published: October 12, 2013

LOS ANGELES: Musician Paul McCartney has accused The Rolling Stones of climbing the ladder of success by copying The Beatles.

One of the Rolling Stones’ earliest singles, “I Wanna Be Your Man”, was written by McCartney and John Lennon, and the band broke America a year after the Fab Four.

McCartney also gave an example of Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards’ wizard outfits in 1967 album “Their Satanic Majesties Request” as proof of their Beatles imitation, reports contactmusic.com.

“That is the truth. Look at the history: The Beatles go to America, a year later they come too. We wrote their first single (sic), I Wanna Be Your Man. We go psychedelic, they go psychedelic. We dress as wizards, they dress as wizards,” said McCartney.

I only get my rocks off while I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeping with your girlfriend!!
WWW gerardo.liedo rocksoffmessageboard  
IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #5530 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 8:51am
Stones don't quit, a la Beatles !  Are you fucking serious?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Kilroy
Rocks Off Regular

I love this place!

Mickville Virginny USA
Reply #5531 - Oct 13th, 2013 at 1:56pm
Yes Thank God, but The Beatles Did Stop IMO at the top of their game, and I did like most of their solo stuff!
There is a lot to be said for never going home,cause you can't!

The Core Of The Rolling Stones is Charlie Watts Hi-Hat/The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me/And Then We Became Naked/After the Skeet Shoot & Sweet Dreams Mary & #9 11/22/1968 @#500 2/19/2010 @#800 4/09/2011 @#888 10/28/2011 @#1000 2/2/12

IP Logged

MrPleasant
Rocks Off Regular

Xalapa, Veracruz, México
Reply #5532 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:20am
The Stones will stop their Vegas act, and their ridiculous high ticket prices, once Keith goes to heaven, or Charlie. Sadly, but it's true.

From then on, we will all be greeted with SuperHeavy Vol. 3 (Dave Stewart's Picks), or with Ronnie Wood doing a plugged tour with Rod Stewart, or something like that.

And Bill Wyman will continue to live a happy life after he turns one hundred years old. Good for him. Behind Charlie he's my favorite Stone.
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2013 at 3:24am by MrPleasant »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5533 - Oct 14th, 2013 at 8:30am
jb's back on Tuesday.

IP Logged

LadyJane
Rocks Off Regular

Stones Purist

Reply #5534 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:23am
Somewhere in Boca our old friend JB just celebrated his Birthday.
I miss him!!!!!

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #5535 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 9:14am
LadyJane wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:23am:
Somewhere in Boca our old friend JB just celebrated his Birthday.
I miss him!!!!!

is that bob weird?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5536 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:07am
Joey, why is jb in the Holiday mood?

Adam Clayton was on Ireland's 98FM about an hour ago, primarily to talk about World Mental Health Day and his continuing work on the Walk In My Shoes mental health campaign, but the conversation with hosts Dermot and Dave eventually turned to U2's music and album plans.

And unlike Bono's recent comments on U.S. TV, Adam shared some actual information:

"We are still at it. We hope to have it finished very, very soon. And it will be out, oh ... sometime early next year. But it's a very exciting bunch of songs right at the moment. But it's just about to be finished, so it's hard to know which way they'll go.

"I think it's a bit of a return to U2 of old, but with the maturity, if you like, of the U2 of the last 10 years. It's a combination of those two things and it's a really interesting hybrid."

Later, after some talk about Rattle And Hum's 25th anniversary, he adds more:

"We're in the studio. We're trying to get these 12 songs absolutely right and get them finished by the end of November, and then we can kind of enjoy Christmas."

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5537 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:46pm
OMG !!!!!!

|
|
|
|
V

... !!!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:50pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #5538 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 8:32pm
Joey ?

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5539 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 9:04am
' joey  ...... what was brother jb doing in covent garden yesterday ?  ' 

*************** " SIGH !!!!! " ******************

The following Some Guy !!!!!!   ..... The FOLLOWING !!!!! :

" October 18, 2013 -- Daily Mail (UK) | VIDEO

'I've always wanted to busk here': Sir Paul McCartney surprises 2,000 fans in Covent Garden with secret lunchtime gig

Workers on their lunch break, shoppers and tourists got a huge shock on Friday when Sir Paul McCartney performed an impromptu gig in the heart of Covent Garden.

The 71-year-old drew a massive crowd of 2000 fans after he hosted a free concert in central London to promote his latest album New.

Crowds of people swarmed to get a spot in the packed piazza as rumours of the gig spread across Twitter before the Beatles musician took to the stage at 1pm.

Performing five songs from New, McCartney played alongside his band from the back of a truck parked in front of St Paul's church.

The singer hinted at his big plans in a brief Twitter message just before taking to the stage, telling his 1.6 million followers:

'I'm getting ready to pop up in Covent Garden at 1pm today. Oh baby!'

Fans soon descended on the piazza after rumours of the gig intensified throughout the morning, with hundreds packing out the square's balconies and rooftops.

Onlookers started gathering at around 11am after they worked out the musician may be making an appearance after spotting one of his flight cases. The truck - which formed his makeshift stage - pulled up at about 6am, with stacks of speakers set up in front.

By the start of the concert at 1pm over 2,000 fans cheered the music legend onto the stage as he greeted his fans with a simple welcome message.

Paul McCartney had a busy day because he even went to his new album signing at HMV
where he greeted fans and signed copies of his first solo album, New

'Good afternoon. Welcome to Covent Garden. We're just going to do some songs from our new album so get your phones out - as if they weren't already', Sir Paul told his fans.

'This is a change from the '60s because we would just have been coming in from the clubs right now,' he jokingly added before making reference to the shopping mecca's famed street performers:

'Busking - I've always wanted to busk here,' the musican quipped.

Macca greeted hoards of fans who were outside HMV on Oxford Street

The singer opened with the track "New," and closed approximately 20 minutes later, telling the audience: Thank you very much. OK now, back to work!'

Fans were delighted to have been part of the impromptu gig, with one excitedly tweeting his idol: 'Thank you, @paulmccartney. I can safely say that's the best lunch break I've ever had. X'

Stella McCartney and brother James stand on balcony with Stella's kids and nanny, watching dad's gig

The gig had echoes of January 1969 when Sir Paul memorably performed with The Beatles on the roof of the group's Apple HQ, virtually shutting down London's Savile Row.

The London gig follows a similar stunt in New York's Times Square a week ago to promote New, which hit stores this week.

Clearly, Sir Paul's popularity has not waned in the city that never sleeps as scenes were reminiscent of the Beatles' now iconic arrival at Kennedy Airport in 1964.

Fans of all ages - and not just Baby Boomers - were quick to react after Macca tweeted: 'Wow! Really excited to be playing New York Times Square at 1pm this afternoon'.

New, his first album to feature original songs since 2007, was produced by Mark Ronson, known for his work with Amy Winehouse, Ethan Johns, the son of legendary Wings producer Glyn Johns, and Giles Martin, whose father is former Beatles producer Sir George Martin.

Describing the album, the 16th of his solo career, McCartney has stated that the record was inspired by events including his marriage to Nancy Shevell as well as his early days as a musician before he found fame with the Beatles.

The album has been widely praised by critics, one of whom described the title track as a 'jaunty, Beatles-esque stomp' and likening it to Beatles hit 'Got to Get You Into My Life'. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5540 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 8:51am

' joey  ................. does stonesian brother jb read Rolling Stone magazine ?  '

Why , YES    ....... Some Guy  :

" October 24, 2013 -- Rolling Stone

Paul McCartney Can't Slow Down: Inside Rolling Stone's New Cover Story
Beatle opens up about writing with John (still!), reconciling with Yoko and his latest LP in candid new interview

Paul McCartney has never dwelled in yesterday, even if he remembers it quite well. At 71, he's just released his 24th post-Beatles album, New, and is generating music at a pace that puts artists a quarter of his age to shame. And in a remarkably candid cover story by Rolling Stone contributing editor Jonah Weiner (on newsstands Friday) McCartney discusses the drive keeps him creating fresh music - as well as the memories of his Beatles bandmates that continue to shape his life today.

Perhaps most shockingly, McCartney reveals that although he's always teaming up with fresh talent - New features production by Adele collaborator Paul Epworth, Amy Winehouse producer Mark Ronson, Giles Martin (son of legendary Beatles producer George) and frequent Kings of Leon partner Ethan Johns - he also consulted with another source, someone who knows his music intimately: John Lennon.

"If I'm at a point where I go, 'I'm not sure about this,' I'll throw it across the room to John," McCartney tells RS. "He'll say, 'You can't go there, man.' And I'll say, 'You're quite right. How about this?' 'Yeah, that's better.' We'll have a conversation. I don't want to lose that."

McCartney also reveals that his long-bitter relationship with Lennon's widow Yoko Ono has turned a corner. Describing Ono as a "badass," he says he's moved on. "I thought, 'If John loved her, there's got to be something. He's not stupid,'" McCartney says. "It's like, what are you going to do? Are you going to hold a grudge you never really had?" In fact, another voice from the past - that of George Harrison - had encouraged him to forgive and forget. "George would say to me, 'You don't want stuff like that hanging around in your life.'"

But despite his spirit of reconciliation, McCartney maintains there's one person he will never forgive: John Lennon's murderer, MDC . "I think I could pretty much forgive anyone else," he explains. "But I don't see why I'd want to forgive him. This is a guy who did something so crazy and terminal. Why should I bless him with forgiveness?"

Though he's willing to reflect on the past, McCartney remains firmly focused on the future. Part of his motivation to continue recording and playing marathon live shows comes from a fear of becoming complacent. "I've always got the critic in my mind," he tells Rolling Stone. "He keeps me on my toes - 'Don't get too blasé about it.' I don't want to become too smug, to think I'm great."

Look for the issue on stands and in the iTunes App Store this Friday, October 25th. "

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5541 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 9:24am
We ( The Jews ) must strike Iran NOW !!!!! :

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/10/27/israel-issues-warning-to-iran-over-nucle...

" An Israeli defense official says a new report claiming Iran could produce enough weapons-grade uranium to build a nuclear bomb in less than a month is further justification for why Israel will take military action before that happens.

Danny Danon, Israel's deputy defense minister told USA Today that Iran is speedily moving to develop advanced centrifuges that will enable it to enrich uranium needed for nuclear weapons within weeks.  "

" Why must more Jews die , Ronnie ?  "

Joey Cohen ™
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2013 at 9:25am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5542 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 6:04pm
" October 27, 2013 -- Parade Magazine

Yoko Ono 'Very Thankful' Paul McCartney Doesn't Blame Her for Beatles' Split

Forty-three years after The Beatles officially disbanded, Yoko Ono says she is "very, very thankful" Paul McCartney does not blame her for the band's breakup.

Many Beatles fans have accused Ono, who married John Lennon in 1969, of driving a wedge between Lennon and his bandmates and ultimately causing the band to fall apart the following year.

Ono, 80, and McCartney, 71, have feuded publicly in the decades following the band's split, disputing songwriting credits in the Beatles' catalogue and exchanging personal barbs. Ono once called McCartney a "Salieri to Lennon's Mozart," and McCartney once described Ono as "not the brightest of buttons."

Finally, last year, McCartney seemed ready to bury the hatchet.

"[Ono] certainly didn't break the group up, the group was breaking up," he told legendary journalist David Frost. He even said that without Ono, John Lennon may never have written some of his most iconic songs, such as "Imagine."

"I don't think he wouldn't have done that without Yoko, so I don't think you can blame her for anything," he said. "When Yoko came along, part of her attraction was her avant garde side, her view of things, so she showed him another way to be, which was very attractive to him. So it was time for John to leave; he was definitely going to leave [one way or another]."

Now, in a recent interview with the U.K.'s Times, Ono revealed her reaction to McCartney's apparent peace offering.

"I mean, I was shocked," she said. "I thought, 'Now are you saying it? Now, after 40 years?' But it was very good. In the atmosphere that the world created for us, it was not easy for him to say something like that."

She also took a philosophical view of the hostility she has faced from many fans over the years over her association with John Lennon and the Beatles.

"I'm starting to understand something interesting," she told the Times. "If all those people hadn't bashed me, what would I be doing now? What I am now was made by all those terrible incidents. I thought it was terrible all those years, but when I think about it now, I realized it was a blessing."

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5543 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 12:49pm
Who would believe you were a beauty indeed
When the days get shorter and the nights get long
Lie awake when the rain comes
Nobody will know, when you're old
When you're old, nobody will know
That jb was a beauty...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5544 - Oct 30th, 2013 at 1:52pm

|
|
|
V

... !!!!!

|

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5545 - Nov 1st, 2013 at 12:36pm
Joey, why is jb drinking heavily?

He's been uncharacteristically quiet in recent months, but Bono finally gave in on Thursday night and spoke a bit about U2's upcoming album. It happened the opening of his niece's art exhibit in Dublin when he chatted with the Irish Independent.

Bono said the band began the album by going back and listening to punk rock, The Ramones, Talking Heads and other artists and kinds of music that first made U2 want to form a band. As for what the new album sounds like, he said:

Well we kind of put it in a blender. When we make an album, usually it still ends up sounding like us, which I guess is a good or a bad thing depending on where you stand. But with this one, this is not a version of us you have ever heard before, that's for sure.

He also talked about not feeling any pressure, and only wanting to make sure U2 doesn't "let down the people who have given us this life."

And while we're on the subject of the new album, @U2 reader Tom M. points us to this new article in Norway that came out of Larry's appearance there for his second film. In the Google translation of it, Larry says that the band is struggling because (and this is a rough translation) with "new technology comes hundreds of choices." He says it slows down the creative process and "we have so many choices that we do not know what to do."

« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2013 at 12:43pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5546 - Nov 3rd, 2013 at 12:50pm
Joey, it's on and jb knows it...

U2's new song, "Ordinary Love," will be available as a 10-inch vinyl release on November 29th. That's according to the Record Store Day website, which lists it among a long list of "special releases" that'll be available on Black Friday, usually the busiest shopping day of the year. On their Facebook page, the folks at RSD also say it'll be available at "indie record shops around the world."

The RSD website link above says that there's a song called "Breath" on side B of the vinyl. That could be a misprint and should say "Breathe," or it could be the correct name for the alternate version of "Breathe" that U2 originally wrote with Nelson Mandela in mind and was included in a documentary about South Africa earlier this year. Or it could be something else altogether.

In any case, mark your calendars for November 29 and find your nearest indie record store if this is something you want for your U2 collection.

As for the song itself, "Ordinary Love" is part of the soundtrack for the upcoming film Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom. It's also rumored to premiere tomorrow (October 30) on YouTube and U2.com, but there's still no confirmation of that.

http://youtu.be/6y02MY6hseU
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2013 at 12:54pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5547 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:14am
' joey   ........ is Netanyahu all talk ?   '

Sure looks that way Some Guy  .  It certainly looks that way  . Soon Iran will be able to finish what Hitler tried to accomplish nearly seventy years ago  . Why ?!   ... WHY .. ?!

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-utterly-rejects-iran-deal-very-bad-pm-101346074.htm...

... !!!!

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:19am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #5548 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:23pm
" November 5, 2013 -- Newsday

Jimi Hendrix's 'American Masters' documentary: Too polite

THE DOCUMENTARY "Jimi Hendrix: Hear My Train A Comin' " on "American Masters"
WHEN | WHERE Tuesday night (tonight) at 9 on WNET/13 (New York)

WHAT IT'S ABOUT Jimi Hendrix was born Nov. 27, 1942, died Sept. 18, 1970, and over those 27 years somehow managed to become the most celebrated electric blues and rock guitarist in the world, remaining so to this day. With a little help from his friends, including Paul McCartney, Chas Chandler (ex-bassist for The Animals who launched him in the United Kingdom and died in 1996), Billy Cox, bassist and ex-Army buddy Mitch Mitchell, his drummer on the Jimi Hendrix Experience and many others -- this documentary lays out how. The best quote comes from McCartney, who speaks of getting "very emotional" just recalling a Hendrix performance, and thinking, "I was there!"

My say Long, long overdue, Hendrix finally gets his gorgeous "American Masters" portrait, but watching this (and learning of his aversion to praise) you may also wonder whether he'd cringe through every frame. The unspoken rule of "Masters" is to pile on the love -- so much so that the rough edges of any subject are smoothed away into oblivion. Even the circumstances of Hendrix's death here are sanitized. (He took a couple of sleeping pills and didn't know how strong they were. Uh huh.) Friends and colleagues speak of an essentially sweet guy who (in the argot of the day) dug the ladies, and just wanted to play his guitar all day. No doubt this is all true, but you suspect that's not the whole story either -- or even part of it. People are too complex, and logic tells you that Hendrix -- as giant a figure in the history of rock as ever there was -- must have been doubly so. Mostly you want a rollicking, wild ride of a portrait that matched the man, the music and, yes, the anti-war movement for which he essentially wrote the soundtrack. Think something messy and slightly anarchic, like the Maysles brothers' "Gimme Shelter," D.A. Pennebaker's "Don't Look Back," Martin Scorsese's "No Direction Home" or just about anything out there on the Sex Pistols and The Ramones. Great rock docs reflect the greatness and power of the subject. But even the spectacular assemblage of friends and footage here can't quite push this film into that special place.

BOTTOM LINE Incredible footage, Paul McCartney and crisply told. But way too polite.

more...

Paul McCartney was in a modest West End club in 1967 when Jimi Hendrix played a fiery rendition of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," three days after the Beatles themselves unveiled the tune.

"I get very emotional just remembering it," says a flattered McCartney in "Jimi Hendrix -- Hear My Train A Comin'."

Presented as part of the Hendrix Estate's year-long commemoration of what would have been the guitarist's 70th birthday, "Train" debuts this week as both an installment of PBS's "American Masters" series and in expanded DVD/Blu-Ray versions.

Generous with performance clips -- including previously unreleased footage from the 1968 Miami Pop Festival, two years before his death -- "Train" is a joy, musically.

Directed by Bob Smeaton ("Festival Express") with the support of the estate -- a mixed blessing for rock historians, if not viewers -- the film is a tidy summing-up, with clips of classic performances from Monterrey to Woodstock and the Isle of Wight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 5, 2013 -- Wakefield Express (UK)

Chris Evans and Sir Paul McCartney call for 'Help!' in their search for Wakefield Beatles' fans

Five girls who wrote to the Fab Four 50 years ago are being tracked down by Sir Paul McCartney.

Back in 1963 on a BBC radio show 'Pop Goes the Beatles', the Mop Tops read out fans' letters over the airwaves.

One of the messages came from Beatles' fans Jill, Janet, Mary, Brenda and Lynn - all from Wakefield.

And now all five are wanted to star in a Beatles reunion live on television this Friday.

BBC Radio 2 and The One Show presenter, Chris Evans teamed up with Sir Paul, live on air Monday (Nov 4) morning to launch The Beatles at the Beeb search.

Sir Paul requested a little help from the public on the show this morning. He said: "If you recognise any of the names mentioned, we need, need, need to hear from you."

The fans names were initially read out on June 25, 1963 as part of the Beatles' radio show, which was broadcast every Sunday lunchtime.

They are now invited to 'Come Together' to a Beatles reunion, live on BBC 1's The One Show, this Friday (19:00 GMT)

The search is part of the run-up to Monday's release of the brand new album 'On Air: Live at the BBC, Vol. 2', featuring live performances delivered by the Fab Four on BBC radio in the 1960s.

If you are one of the five women who wrote to The Beatles, or know who they are email [email protected] with Beatles in the title of the email.

To listen to #beatlesatthebeeb launch, visit www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01kv3xd

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #5549 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 2:47pm
Joey wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 11:14am:
' joey   ........ is Netanyahu all talk ?   '

Sure looks that way Some Guy  .  It certainly looks that way  . Soon Iran will be able to finish what Hitler tried to accomplish nearly seventy years ago  . Why ?!   ... WHY .. ?!

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-utterly-rejects-iran-deal-very-bad-pm-101346074.htm...

... !!!!

...!!!!!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 ... 232
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)