Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sir Mick adds expertise to EU forum (Read 369 times)
moy
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Mars
Sir Mick adds expertise to EU forum
Sep 17th, 2008 at 12:33pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Sir Mick adds expertise to EU forum
40 minutes ago

Rolling Stone Sir Mick Jagger has joined a new group - comprising consumer and industry chiefs drawing up an online shopping report for the European Commission.

The rock star's involvement was announced after he met with fellow members of an "Online Commerce Roundtable" at Commission headquarters in Brussels.

Sir Mick was ushered through the Commission's VIP entrance without fanfare to take part in talks designed to help the Commission with proposals to crack down on obstacles plaguing online retail sales in the EU single market.

The Commission is concerned that shoppers are facing cross-border frustrations when buying online, from sales small print and guarantee snags to after-sales service difficulties with goods bought over the internet.

Sir Mick was invited to take part by the EU's Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes, an old friend.

His expertise will be used in resolving problems involving downloads and music copyright.

He joined his eight fellow Roundtable members including Apple boss Steve Jobs, head of EMI Roger Faxon and Chief Executive Officer of Fiat John Elkann for a first debate.

Sir Mick spoke about the online retailing trade, particularly online sales of CDs and music downloads, and will be involved with the others in preparing what the Commission said would be a short report later this year.

The Commission will then invite "interested parties" to submit their responses by mid-October next year. Commission proposals to improve online retailing will then follow.

Sir Mick left the Commission as quietly as he arrived, having heard a speech by Ms Kroes setting out the problems still confronting online shoppers across Europe - particularly in the music sector - and explaining what expertise Sir Mick and the rest of the Roundtable group could provide.

IP Logged

caro
Rocks Off Regular

France
Re: Sir Mick adds expertise to EU forum
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 12:48pm
I always knew he'd lay the groundwork to become president of the world in his old days.

Invisible Avatar Posting

IP Logged

Bitch
Rocks Off Regular

I always get my Rocks
Off!

FL - USA
Re: Sir Mick adds expertise to EU forum
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 8:45pm
I love it when MICK acts intelligent! Retarded post

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)