Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Free optional entertainment since (at least) 14 July 1998
"Let it Bleed" with Dwayne Dopsie! JazzFest, New Orleans, La - May 2, 2024 © Chris Granger, The Times-Picayune

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Bruce Springsteen Concert vs Stones Concert (Read 4,414 times)
Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Re: Bruce Springsteen Concert vs Stones Concert
Reply #50 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:00pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Quote:
I too shall go to fewer shows next year. This time i mean it!

I say that every tour and it always ends up that I go to more instead.

Unfortunately, next time it's an absolute economic necessity.

maybe - in a perverse way - its just as well the Stones have become so expensive.  It makes it an easier choice.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:02pm by Gazza »  

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

fireontheplatter
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 2:00pm
Gazza wrote on Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:16am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:20pm:
Quote:
let me put it this way.  bruce came to my neck of the woods probably 4-7 time this tour and i didn't go.  i knew the tickets would have cost a bundle and i have already seen him about 15 times back in the '80's so i have seen him enough already.  
don't get me wrong people, this last tour bruce sounded great and he played great gongs...i love bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce but i won't pay to see him anymore.  i watch pdm videos here for free.  i did enjoy him back in the eighties....those 4 hour concerts were the best.
if and when the stones come to giants again for 2 shows.....I'm there

everybody say ow

get down jimmy

Are you fucking serious?

The Stones couldn't fill Giants stadium once. Let alone twice. Not anymore.

They could fill it for a week or two if their tickets were the same price.

FOP's statement that Springsteens ticket prices "cost a bundle" is an absurd observation from anyone who goes to Stones concerts.  Bruce's tickets had an upper limit of $99. The Stones' were $450, with an average nationwide of $167 and significantly higher in major cities like New York. LJ mentioned Bon Jovi - I think their prices are even cheaper than Springsteen's.

It speaks volumes that when the Stones do return visits at US cities now they tend to do so several months apart instead of back to back. Expecting many fans to shell out that kind of money to attend two or three shows in one week is a tall order.

Its that reason more than any other which has determined  that the number of Stones shows I intend to see on the next tour they do could be counted on one hand with probably a finger or two to spare. On each of the last two tours, I've seen 13 shows.

If the Stones charged the prices that Bruce does they could still fill any venue on earth for multiple nights.

your math is fuzzy g.  i got 2 1st row upper deck [3rd stage] seats looking straight at the stage at giants for 107 a piece.  you call that a piss in the bucket these days?  i sold them to my friend and his gal only because lisa scored 2 1st row b stage tickets for 160 a piece.

Are you fucking serious?

IP Logged

Gazza
Unholy Trinity Admin

Rat Bastid      "We piss
anywhere, man.."

Belfast, UK
Reply #52 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 2:38pm
Quote:
Gazza wrote on Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:16am:
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:20pm:
Quote:
let me put it this way.  bruce came to my neck of the woods probably 4-7 time this tour and i didn't go.  i knew the tickets would have cost a bundle and i have already seen him about 15 times back in the '80's so i have seen him enough already.  
don't get me wrong people, this last tour bruce sounded great and he played great gongs...i love bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce but i won't pay to see him anymore.  i watch pdm videos here for free.  i did enjoy him back in the eighties....those 4 hour concerts were the best.
if and when the stones come to giants again for 2 shows.....I'm there

everybody say ow

get down jimmy

Are you fucking serious?

The Stones couldn't fill Giants stadium once. Let alone twice. Not anymore.

They could fill it for a week or two if their tickets were the same price.

FOP's statement that Springsteens ticket prices "cost a bundle" is an absurd observation from anyone who goes to Stones concerts.  Bruce's tickets had an upper limit of $99. The Stones' were $450, with an average nationwide of $167 and significantly higher in major cities like New York. LJ mentioned Bon Jovi - I think their prices are even cheaper than Springsteen's.

It speaks volumes that when the Stones do return visits at US cities now they tend to do so several months apart instead of back to back. Expecting many fans to shell out that kind of money to attend two or three shows in one week is a tall order.

Its that reason more than any other which has determined  that the number of Stones shows I intend to see on the next tour they do could be counted on one hand with probably a finger or two to spare. On each of the last two tours, I've seen 13 shows.

If the Stones charged the prices that Bruce does they could still fill any venue on earth for multiple nights.

your math is fuzzy g.  i got 2 1st row upper deck [3rd stage] seats looking straight at the stage at giants for 107 a piece.  you call that a piss in the bucket these days?  i sold them to my friend and his gal only because lisa scored 2 1st row b stage tickets for 160 a piece.

Are you fucking serious?

For the Stones?

I didn't say they were all $450. I said they had an "upper limit" of $450. The tickets for most of the US shows ranged from about $60 - $450, with a number of tickets in the front ten rows going for $99.  The AVERAGE ticket price was around $167. That figure would have been higher in some cities than others - ie, you would have got a higher % of tickets in the highest price range in cities like New York than would have been the case in Missoula, Montana for example.

Not sure how you figure that I'm suggesting Stones tickets are a "piss in the bucket" as I assume that means they're inexpensive. I think its quite obvious I'm suggesting they're a rip off.

... ... ...
WWW https://www.facebook.com/gary.galbraith  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)