Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Russia...sigh (nsc) (Read 14,425 times)
Riffhard
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Re: Russia...sigh (nsc)
Reply #100 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:24am
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Pdog wrote on Aug 12th, 2008 at 8:24am:
Riffhard wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 7:35pm:
Factory Girl wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 5:24pm:
W was in the Rose Garden today chastising Russia for attacking a sovereign nation (i.e. Georgia).

W. utterly failed to realize that due to US invading a sovereign Iraq,  his verbage falls flat.  

It was bizarre to hear W spout the same rhetoric against Russia that the ROW uses against US due to  W's IRAQ policy.  The irony was lost on W.

I'm sorry but I must have missed Russia going to the UN for a solid fourteen months, and passing 17 different resolutions stating that Georgia must comply with International Law or face the consequences. Did I miss that? Was Georgia in violation of international law? Saddam sure as was! He's not anymore!!!

Riffy

He plays The UN card, yet he hates the UN and considers them a useless body... Which is it, or is it just convenient in this argument, but shrugged off on other matters?

The UN, as my father would say, is tits on a bull. In other words, useless. However, it is a ridiculous argument to compare what Putin has done in Georgia to what Bush did in Iraq. The two are not only not comparable, but are exactly opposite of each other. Bush did, in fact, seek a world opinion for a solid fourteen months. We then became aware of the fact that Saddam was paying many governments huge sums of cash to oppose any military action by the USA and the international coalition. That's a fucked up story for another day. Putin, on the other hand, was way way way way way more brazen about his own military action. He just told the world to fuck off. The irony, and once again sheer idiocy of liberalism, is that even though it was Putin who invaded Georgia and is trying to overthrow a democratically elected government, there are still many liberals who are so god damned stupid that they will try and blame this on Bush. It's fucking laughable really!

Riffy

...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&...&&&&"When all government...in little as in great things, shall be drawn to Washington as the center of all power, it will render powerless the checks provided...” Thomas Jefferson&&&&"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases." — Thomas Jefferson&&&&&&&&We're not old men.We don't bother about petty morals--Keef&&&&Actually, it only takes one drink to get me loaded. Trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or fourteenth. &&-- George Burns&&&&&&I ain't no leftist!-Bob Dylan&&&&"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #101 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:57am
Some Guy ..............................

What I really think that's going on is Putin got wind that ‘somebody’ else was organizing a strong military response and he’s trying to downplay further aggressions.  We’ll see if they actually withdraw or not.  The fact of the matter is that their AAA isn’t so good that we couldn’t re-task squadrons of aircraft with the latest munitions that would rip the Russian armor apart.  That would put the Georgians themselves on a much more equal footing without committing American ground forces.  The Russians would escalate, which would make them look even more absurd internationally; which they don’t want.

The Balkans are lovely this time of year… wanna go?

Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin  Skippy ! ™   ( A new character created just recently for your enjoyment   )

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:40am by Joey »  

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #102 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 10:14am

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #103 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:35pm
http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_oly_experts__2/ept_sports_oly_experts-63390...

" joey  , what is AAA ?! "

Anti-Aircraft Artillery; weapons that defend against aircraft threats.  We have new stuff that can nullify an armored threat and we still have the option of targeted weapons, but the problem with them is that the exposure risk to aircrews is generally more significant than fire-and-forget weapons.

SAM’s are a big chunk of ground/surface-based AAA.  They extend the air-defenses to a distance measured in miles.  Gun defenses are normally ineffective against bombing assaults (they don’t shoot high nor far enough to interdict with aircraft); they only pose threats to low & slow ground-attack aircraft.

Anti-aircraft weapons launched from other aircraft are not considered AAA, by the way.

Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin Skippy ! ™   ( A new character created just recently for your enjoyment   )

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #104 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 2:36pm

" The UN, as my father would say, is tits on a bull. In other words, useless. However, it is a ridiculous argument to compare what Putin has done in Georgia to what Bush did in Iraq. The two are not only not comparable, but are exactly opposite of each other. Bush did, in fact, seek a world opinion for a solid fourteen months. We then became aware of the fact that Saddam was paying many governments huge sums of cash to oppose any military action by the USA and the international coalition. That's a fucked up story for another day. Putin, on the other hand, was way way way way way more brazen about his own military action. He just told the world to fuck off. The irony, and once again sheer idiocy of liberalism, is that even though it was Putin who invaded Georgia and is trying to overthrow a democratically elected government, there are still many liberals who are so god damned stupid that they will try and blame this on Bush. It's fucking laughable really! "

My biggest concern there is that the Russians have had 50 years to plan ways of taking B52's out .  I’d rather send in a swarm of unpiloted R/C aircraft dripping with Hellfires and cream the front and rear line of armor blocking the rest in the middle for leisurely picking-off.  Or drop GBU’s & SDB’s from the fast-movers.  Especially if we can get the SAM’s command & control and/or radar stations first (the Russians still use them, last I’d heard).  So throw a few HARM’s into the mix and you’ve got delightful fireworks…

Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin Skippy ! ™   ( A new character created just recently for your enjoyment   )

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #105 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:02pm
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Russian Military Establishes Illegal Checkpoint
Russian military have established an illegal checkpoint on the main highway at the city of Gori

According to the recent information received by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the appropriate authorities of Georgia, on 13 August 2008, the Russian military have established an illegal checkpoint on the main highway at the city of Gori. All cargo vehicles passing through this checkpoint are being stopped and thoroughly searched by the Russian military, and being allowed the free passage only under condition of payment of ransom.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is assessing this act as a grave violation of international law and sovereignty of Georgia.

By introducing illegal armed formations and groups of bandits who are now blocking Georgian highways, looting peaceful population and disrupting trade, the Russian Federation again clearly demonstrates that its aim is the full occupation of Georgia.
Posted by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia at 12:07 AM  

http://georgiamfa.blogspot.com/

Russia must be stopped!
Where are the European countries sending in troops for their free neighbor Georgia?

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #106 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:16pm
Joey, you are talking total chaos and anarchy.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #107 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:35pm
" Joey, you are talking total chaos and anarchy "

Some Guy ......

That is not me .  It is my Evil ' right wing ' Twin " Skippy "  !!!!

Joey's ' evil right wing ' Twin ! ™
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:40pm by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #108 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:41pm
" Russia must be stopped!
Where are the European countries sending in troops for their free neighbor Georgia "

Bogged down in the Iraqi Quagmire . Nice .

Ho Chi Joe !

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #109 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:42pm
Joey wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:35pm:
" Joey, you are talking total chaos and anarchy "

Some Guy ......

That is not me .  It is my Evil ' right wing ' Twin " Skippy "  !!!!

Joey's ' evil right wing ' Twin ! ™

Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin ! ™   ( A new character created just recently for your enjoyment   )  is a madman!

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #110 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:02pm
Condi Rice was masterful in her press conference today!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #111 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:15pm
" Condi Rice was masterful in her press conference today ! "

Is she a Lezzie ?!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #112 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:40pm
Fuck Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin  ™

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:51pm
Joey wrote on Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:15pm:
" Condi Rice was masterful in her press conference today ! "

Is she a Lezzie ?!

Possibly. I know she's black & she's good. Isn't that what matters?

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #114 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 7:47pm
McCain has been talking smack.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 8:23pm by Some Guy »  

IP Logged

lotsajizz
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Rhode Island
Reply #115 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 6:22am
Quote:
Condi Rice was masterful in her press conference today!

she's a moron

and evil too

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."  Dr. Johnson.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #116 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 7:21am
Putin looks out across all of Europe and sees it is wide open.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #117 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:02am
" Joey's ' evil right wing '  Twin ! ™   ( A new character created just recently for your enjoyment   )  is a madman!  "

Concur .    ' Skippy '  is completely  nuts ( see :   .......   ' the Right Wing ' ) .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!! ™

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #118 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:06am
" Putin looks out across all of Europe and sees it is wide open "

Some Guy .......................................

You are a very smart man . ...

Indeed , Europe is completely , COMPLETELY     ' Wide Open !!! '   .

The entire continent is now ripe for the takin' and do not think for a second Putin does not realize this fact .  Luckily , he ( Vladimir ) loves The Beatles , The Rolling Stones & The Who . Thus ,  Great Britain is safe but the rest of the countries in the European Union are all ' goners ' and will soon speak Russian  .

" Putin me Ronnie !!! "

J. " Snuggles " Fly ! ™

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:21am by Joey »  

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #119 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:09am
" I know she's black & she's good. Isn't that what matters? "

Christ, that's posting on loan from God right there.
That's miracle on ice postin'!

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #120 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 10:27am

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #121 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 11:04am
This little war is getting scarier by the minute.

Not a scenario that I would have expected from Russia, although as I look at it more, it makes sense.

While it doesn't surprise me that Putin would be heavy handed with Georgia, I am surprised that it chose this particular moment to pull the trigger, so to speak.

Being right before the US election, the winner of which is either a hawk or a dove, I would have thought that Russia would prefer the dove. 

Russia has been much more assertive militarily over the past few years.  Our proposed missle defense system and our alliances with fomer Soviet republics has not sit well with them.  They have resumed 24 hour bomber runs around the arctic, and they have recently voiced their intention to stop bombers over in Cuba.

So wouldn't they prefer to not focus on themselves and risk getting the hawk in power?

Do they not care - are they looking to start it up with us.
Do they think we are paralyzed because of the mideast/Afghanistan and that we will in essence be unable to get involved.

At first I figured it was a Russian hand slap and a reminder to all other formers that it could still take someone out to the woodshed.  But it is looking far more sinister.  And with the US "aid" coming in, it is looking mighty ripe for a big showdown.

I am surpised by their timing.

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #122 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 11:10am
" Do they think we are paralyzed because of the mideast/Afghanistan and that we will in essence be unable to get involved.  "

YES !!!!

Putin realizes that in no WAY will the U.S. Military call for a re-instatement of the national draft right before a national election .

Developing ..............................

Shiver ...........................

Joey Stalin ( er , Putin )

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #123 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 11:17am
We're soldiers; but we're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ass for 200 years. We're 10 and 1.

IP Logged

nankerphelge
Rocks Off Regular

Maybe being bad is more
fun than being good...

Sweet Virginia
Reply #124 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 11:23am
"Putin realizes that in no WAY will the U.S. Military call for a re-instatement of the national draft right before a national election ."

How about after the election?
See what I mean?
McCain could do it.
Obama would never.

Russia has put something into play that is not in their long term interest.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised -- isn't the first time!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)