Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Winslow here. What is your favorite pet name for the Steelers?

Queerlers    
  0 (0.0%)
Sucksburgh    
  1 (16.7%)
Gay armadillos    
  2 (33.3%)
Philly    
  0 (0.0%)
Quinn's Beyatches    
  0 (0.0%)
Overrated pansies    
  0 (0.0%)
Effeminate Jocktards    
  0 (0.0%)
Dawg Pound Wannabes    
  0 (0.0%)
Bon Jovi    
  3 (50.0%)

Total votes: 6
« Created by: ManzielStud on: Feb 24th, 2009 at 9:18pm »

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 71
Send Topic Print
NFL 2008-2009 (Read 64,852 times)
gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Re: NFL 2008-2009
Reply #625 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Robpop..were the comin to ATL plans scuttled? We wait my friend.Some Guy and I are ready to entertain big time. Speaking of drafts I'll have another pitcher please! BTW Steelers poor drafting last 2-3 years in rounds 3-7 will catch up to them I see the window and I want it painted...no I mean kept open but We're aging and lack depth on lines..bad combo boys.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #626 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 4:35am
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 6th, 2008 at 6:38pm:
Robpop..were the comin to ATL plans scuttled? We wait my friend.Some Guy and I are ready to entertain big time. Speaking of drafts I'll have another pitcher please! BTW Steelers poor drafting last 2-3 years in rounds 3-7 will catch up to them I see the window and I want it painted...no I mean kept open but We're aging and lack depth on lines..bad combo boys.

Keef...Plans are on hold for now.   Budget cuts have been made at work, so I'm not sure when the trip will happen.  Anyway you are correct in your draft analysis.  However, Woodley maybe one of the best picks in the whole NFL last year.  I still have hope for Sweed.  He has all the skills, and works hard. 

With all the injuries, terrible pass protection, I have to say Coach Tomlin is doing one hell of a job.  AFC coach of the year thus far.....

...&&&&...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #627 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:09am
robpop wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 4:35am:

Keef...Plans are on hold for now.   Budget cuts have been made at work, so I'm not sure when the trip will happen.  Anyway you are correct in your draft analysis.  However, Woodley maybe one of the best picks in the whole NFL last year.  I still have hope for Sweed.  He has all the skills, and works hard.  

With all the injuries, terrible pass protection, I have to say Coach Tomlin is doing one hell of a job.  AFC coach of the year thus far.....

Id have him close to the top but Fisher at 8-0 has gotta be #1 using Kerry Collins.Our ones and twos have been fine but its the 3's and back where we have been terrible.Eventually thats gotta catch up. Hey Winslowpud had a great one last night.Gotta love the last pass on 4th and 1 sailing right thru both wide open hands!Then the fumble..course he'll be yakking up the 2 TDs not his part in the collapse.Are there 2 worse defenses in the league that on display last night?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #628 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:00am
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:09am:

Keef...Plans are on hold for now.   Budget cuts have been made at work, so I'm not sure when the trip will happen.  Anyway you are correct in your draft analysis.  However, Woodley maybe one of the best picks in the whole NFL last year.  I still have hope for Sweed.  He has all the skills, and works hard.  

With all the injuries, terrible pass protection, I have to say Coach Tomlin is doing one hell of a job.  AFC coach of the year thus far.....

Id have him close to the top but Fisher at 8-0 has gotta be #1 using Kerry Collins.Our ones and twos have been fine but its the 3's and back where we have been terrible.Eventually thats gotta catch up. Hey Winslowpud had a great one last night.Gotta love the last pass on 4th and 1 sailing right thru both wide open hands!Then the fumble..course he'll be yakking up the 2 TDs not his part in the collapse.Are there 2 worse defenses in the league that on display last night?

Good night to take the over Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #629 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:02am
the biggest game of my lifetime!

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #630 - Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:06am
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:00am:
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 8:09am:

Good night to take the over Fuck you Gazza, Will ya?

I hope you nailed it large!

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #631 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 5:51am
Pats have their hands full with the Bills this week.
Bills have had a good year, play tough in all three facets of the game.
Pats need to find Wes Welker early & often to break this one open.
This game will break the three way 1st place logjam.
First of three straight division games of the Pats this week, the 2nd
being Thursday Night Football, with the wretched NFL Network broadcasting team.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #632 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 10:49am
Pdog wrote on Nov 7th, 2008 at 9:02am:
the biggest game of my lifetime!

A wee bit of hyperbole there, Peedog?  Wink

Its only Week 10 of the regular season.

Hell, the Iggles knocked the Giants out of the playoffs two years ago, and sent Tiki into retirement...  
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2008 at 11:01am by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #633 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 3:57pm
Its Pittsburgh Steelers to you fish face.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #634 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 4:23pm
go giants tonight....gonna be a goodie.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #635 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:14pm
Giving them away.  Can't close.  Unsatisfactory.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

twenty dollar me
Ex Member

Reply #636 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:22pm
sirmoonie wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:14pm:
Giving them away.  Can't close.  Unsatisfactory.

better hold your breath then.

Nolte - The Rocks Off patron saint

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #637 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:23pm
Falcons in a landslide, tater.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #638 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:30pm
#%$$@#@&*^T%$&*^**&^&&IHB^%@##$%$^&**(^$#@@$#%^&*U^&&**((()_*%##@#DFT^HNBF^&

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #639 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:51pm
Pats hit their stride this week, with a good game vs. The Bills.
Cassel continues to impress, for a qb whos not played a snap
in four years, airing it out to Moss, Welker, Gaffney.  
Sorry LJ.  
Short week, as we host the J E T S Thursday, on the un-watchable NFL Network, Oye!
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:07am by Nellcote »  

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #640 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:14pm
Some Guy wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:23pm:

The Great White Hope does it again...Hell of a Colts/Steelers game...Somewhere Robpop is crying in his beer.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #641 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:19pm
sweetcharmedlife wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:14pm:
Some Guy wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:23pm:

The Great White Hope does it again...Hell of a Colts/Steelers game...Somewhere Robpop is crying in his beer.

GWH was on and poppin'

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #642 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:20pm
gimmekeef wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 6:30pm:
#%$$@#@&*^T%$&*^**&^&&IHB^%@##$%$^&**(^$#@@$#%^&*U^&&**((()_*%##
@#DFT^HNBF^&

That first half interception - WTF? - I couldn't believe my eyes - thought Kordell was back in town.  Can't blame anyone but Ben and maybe Arians a bit for that.  And the play calling at 1st and goal on the 3 was about as bad as I've ever seen from the Steelers.  Nice seeing the announcers take a few shots at Arians, maybe Tomlin will hear it later, and do something next year - i.e., can his ass.

Defense was incredible as usual, with a few unlucky tips.

IP Logged

ManzielStud
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Cleveland OH
Reply #643 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:25pm
Today, the Colts are.....America's team.
-------------------
PITTSBURGH (AP)—This time, the Indianapolis Colts completed the comeback against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Peyton Manning took advantage of Ben Roethlisberger’s second costly interception to find Dominic Rhodes out of the backfield on a 17-yard touchdown pass with 3:04 remaining for Indianapolis’ only lead, and the Colts came back in a virtual must-win game to beat the Steelers 24-20 on Sunday.

Manning also hit Reggie Wayne on a 65-yard touchdown pass play on a tipped ball and Dallas Clark on a 2-yard scoring pass six seconds before halftime following an unnecessary interception by Roethlisberger to end the Colts’ 40-year losing streak in Pittsburgh.

The Colts (5-4) had dropped their last 12 there, counting the postseason, dating to a 41-7 win in 1968 when the Steelers played at now-demolished Pitt Stadium.

Pittsburgh had a chance to win it at the end, but Roethlisberger’s pass into the end zone on the final play—with Nate Washington open briefly—was intercepted by Melvin Bullitt. It was Roethlisberger’s third interception of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

The first matchup between the AFC teams since Pittsburgh’s stunning 21-18 win over the top-seeded Colts in the AFC divisional playoffs in January 2006— Indianapolis was a big favorite at the time to win the Super Bowl—followed the pattern of that game.

Minus the startling fumble by Jerome Bettis that almost swung that game to the Colts, of course.

The Steelers (6-3), dropping into a tie with Baltimore for the AFC North lead, took an early double-digit lead, then tried to hold on in the fourth quarter. They couldn’t do it this time as the Colts avoided going down by five games to Tennessee (9-0) in the AFC South and stayed on the fringe of the wild-card race.

Rhodes accounted for all 32 yards on Indianapolis’ game-winning drive that followed Tim Jennings’ interception at the Steelers’ 32 with 4:44 to play. The backup running back carried three times for 15 yards ahead of his TD catch, in which Manning froze the Steelers’ defense with a play-action fake.

Pittsburgh lost to a Manning-led team at home for the second time in three weeks despite leading 20-17 on Jeff Reed’s 24-yard field goal midway through the fourth quarter. They were beaten by Eli Manning’s Giants 21-14 on Oct. 26, again after a fourth-quarter comeback.

Peyton Manning’s inaccuracy and Roethlisberger’s impatience helped get the Colts back into the game after Pittsburgh led 7-0 and 17-7.

After Pittsburgh drove 62 yards for Mewelde Moore’s 1-yard touchdown run on its opening possession, Manning’s pass intended for Wayne was too high, but deflected off Ike Taylor’s hand and directly to Wayne, who put an inside-out move on Ryan Clark to score. Wayne made six catches for 114 yards.

With the Colts’ last-in-the-league running game unable to get anything going against the league’s top-ranked defense, Manning, who was 21-of-40 for 240 yards, frequently threw into coverage as the Steelers frequently loaded up with six defensive backs, yet repeatedly converted key throws.

Roethlisberger, playing despite the separated shoulder that kept him out of practice until Friday, came back to complete two passes on third-and-long situations on a 77-yard drive ended by Moore’s second 1-yard TD run. Jeff Reed later hit a 42-yard field goal to make it 17-7.

Rather than trying to preserve the lead, Roethlisberger forced a throw into tight coverage on third-and-2 from his 16 and Keiwan Ratliff intercepted at the Pittsburgh 30 with 1:24 left in the half. Unexpectedly given good field position, Manning found Clark open in the front of the end zone to cut it to 17-14 at the half.

The Colts tied it on Adam Vinatieri’s 36-yard field goal on their opening drive of the second half, but only after Marvin Harrison couldn’t hold onto Manning’s knee-high pass in the right front corner of the end zone on third down. After the game, the Colts said their own report that Harrison sustained a concussion on the play was inaccurate. He returned for the next series.

Update

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #644 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:47pm
I got a buddy named Plaxico.

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #645 - Nov 9th, 2008 at 8:57pm
sirmoonie wrote on Nov 9th, 2008 at 7:20pm:
@#DFT^HNBF^&

That first half interception - WTF? - I couldn't believe my eyes - thought Kordell was back in town.  Can't blame anyone but Ben and maybe Arians a bit for that.  And the play calling at 1st and goal on the 3 was about as bad as I've ever seen from the Steelers.  Nice seeing the announcers take a few shots at Arians, maybe Tomlin will hear it later, and do something next year - i.e., can his ass.

tough one there moondrop.

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #646 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:06am
packers suck!

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #647 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 11:18am
moonslice, Elway like comparisons on sports radio today.

IP Logged

ManzielStud
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Cleveland OH
Reply #648 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:13pm
@#DFT^HNBF^&

That first half interception - WTF? - I couldn't believe my eyes - thought Kordell was back in town.  Can't blame anyone but Ben and maybe Arians a bit for that.  And the play calling at 1st and goal on the 3 was about as bad as I've ever seen from the Steelers.  Nice seeing the announcers take a few shots at Arians, maybe Tomlin will hear it later, and do something next year - i.e., can his ass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/What-Pittsburgh-needs-is-a...

hey...i'm just sayin'....

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #649 - Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:47pm
ManzielStud wrote on Nov 10th, 2008 at 6:13pm:
@#DFT^HNBF^&

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/What-Pittsburgh-needs-is-a...

hey...i'm just sayin'....

We dont need to hear from you Mr Droppo. Hows your balls? Must be recovered enough to show your face here after last weeks give away.You guys though have to be the best 3-6 team in the league I'll give you that!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 71
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)