Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Winslow here. What is your favorite pet name for the Steelers?

Queerlers    
  0 (0.0%)
Sucksburgh    
  1 (16.7%)
Gay armadillos    
  2 (33.3%)
Philly    
  0 (0.0%)
Quinn's Beyatches    
  0 (0.0%)
Overrated pansies    
  0 (0.0%)
Effeminate Jocktards    
  0 (0.0%)
Dawg Pound Wannabes    
  0 (0.0%)
Bon Jovi    
  3 (50.0%)

Total votes: 6
« Created by: ManzielStud on: Feb 24th, 2009 at 9:18pm »

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 71
Send Topic Print
NFL 2008-2009 (Read 64,808 times)
sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: NFL 2008-2009
Reply #1525 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 2:44pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
Disciples of the Watch - what a fucking game.  Our lord has once again answered the prayers of The Nation.  Him likes us better than Him likes you.

Holy fuck, my brother and dad are crying in their beer with 2 minutes left, and all I'm wondering is if Ben sets it up for a tying field goal or does he pull another incredible TD drive.  Pretty much right then, you could see the Cards defense was absolutely confused and panicked to hell, and I knew Ben was taking it all the way.  Ben has what some would call "poise" as well as "moxie" and he seems to be able to do some incredible things on the field whenever the time is right.  The Nation loves Ben.

Was it me, or was there a ridiculous amount of commentators picking the Cards and saying the Steelers offense would be their downfall?  Anyway, that's number 6, Collingsworth - have a nice offseason.

Everyone should see their team win live in the Supe.  Assuming you have a team like that - I don't see the Steelers losing a Supe until like 2017 or so.   That said, don't know if I'd go again - TV is just a better way to view the game.

The Nation was everywhere - at least 10:1 over Cardinals fans.  We are distinctive in such orgies with our magnum sized black and gold condoms.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #1526 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:00pm
sirmoonie wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 2:44pm:
Disciples of the Watch - what a fucking game.  Our lord has once again answered the prayers of The Nation.  Him likes us better than Him likes you.

Holy fuck, my brother and dad are crying in their beer with 2 minutes left, and all I'm wondering is if Ben sets it up for a tying field goal or does he pull another incredible TD drive.  Pretty much right then, you could see the Cards defense was absolutely confused and panicked to hell, and I knew Ben was taking it all the way.  Ben has what some would call "poise" as well as "moxie" and he seems to be able to do some incredible things on the field whenever the time is right.  The Nation loves Ben.

Was it me, or was there a ridiculous amount of commentators picking the Cards and saying the Steelers offense would be their downfall?  Anyway, that's number 6, Collingsworth - have a nice offseason.

Everyone should see their team win live in the Supe.  Assuming you have a team like that - I don't see the Steelers losing a Supe until like 2017 or so.   That said, don't know if I'd go again - TV is just a better way to view the game.

The Nation was everywhere - at least 10:1 over Cardinals fans.  We are distinctive in such orgies with our magnum sized black and gold condoms.

That was fucking historic.  In years past, ya know the Kordell years, after Fitz scored the go ahead TD, that would have been lights out.  Not anymore.  As I drank, my bother in law's beer, I knew it was going to happen.  Many doubted.  Santonio has finally arrived, and lived up to the number one pick.  However, I have to say that drive was all Ben.  There maybe two other quarterbacks in the league who could have pulled that off. 

One more day to savor it.  I'm going to the parade tomorrow, and gonna get drunk with 300,000 strong.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #1527 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:01pm
Good for you, bro.
You nailed it, you have to experience one Supe Bowl to
get the vibe, feel.  The taste of victory brings everything to
another level.  The promised land.

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1528 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:18pm
Moonie thanks for the update.Hope it was all you wanted it to be....Still on an adrenaline high myself and have to admit I thought it was over.Enjoy the parade robpop. My buddy bought some Steeler confetti canons we shot off after the game. I'll try to post some pics etc for a laff.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1529 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:40pm
well, looks like that's a wrap. Go ahead and close this thread. 7 months to go.

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #1530 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:45pm
Good idea.  I'm passing on the Pro Bowl.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1531 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:45pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:40pm:

Cant we wait a few more hours to see if Winslowpud makes one last appearance?........Or his he busy checking out the draft?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1532 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:49pm
RIP NFL thread.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1533 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:57pm
moonpooch

did you sit next to those two old guys who have been to every superbowl?

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1534 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 4:35pm
gimmekeef wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:45pm:
Some Guy wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:40pm:

Cant we wait a few more hours to see if Winslowpud makes one last appearance?........Or his he busy checking out the draft?

this ain't bringing Winslowstud back...

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #1535 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:31pm
I'm going to miss this thread since I'm finished with the baseball thread by mid-May.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1536 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:59pm
robpop wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:31pm:
I'm going to miss this thread since I'm finished with the baseball thread by mid-May.

Bucs might have some juice this year after that big off season addition.

Sleeves to their unis...  

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2009 at 6:01pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1537 - Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:40pm
robpop wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:00pm:
Disciples of the Watch - what a fucking game.  Our lord has once again answered the prayers of The Nation.  Him likes us better than Him likes you.

Holy fuck, my brother and dad are crying in their beer with 2 minutes left, and all I'm wondering is if Ben sets it up for a tying field goal or does he pull another incredible TD drive.  Pretty much right then, you could see the Cards defense was absolutely confused and panicked to hell, and I knew Ben was taking it all the way.  Ben has what some would call "poise" as well as "moxie" and he seems to be able to do some incredible things on the field whenever the time is right.  The Nation loves Ben.

Was it me, or was there a ridiculous amount of commentators picking the Cards and saying the Steelers offense would be their downfall?  Anyway, that's number 6, Collingsworth - have a nice offseason.

Everyone should see their team win live in the Supe.  Assuming you have a team like that - I don't see the Steelers losing a Supe until like 2017 or so.   That said, don't know if I'd go again - TV is just a better way to view the game.

The Nation was everywhere - at least 10:1 over Cardinals fans.  We are distinctive in such orgies with our magnum sized black and gold condoms.

That was fucking historic.  In years past, ya know the Kordell years, after Fitz scored the go ahead TD, that would have been lights out.  Not anymore.  As I drank, my bother in law's beer, I knew it was going to happen.  Many doubted.  Santonio has finally arrived, and lived up to the number one pick.  However, I have to say that drive was all Ben.  There maybe two other quarterbacks in the league who could have pulled that off.  

One more day to savor it.  I'm going to the parade tomorrow, and gonna get drunk with 300,000 strong.

The Steelers are more popular than Jesus.

It hasn't totally sunk in yet.  Its just too fucking cool.  My dad and my brother and I stayed up until like 3am watching the same freakin' highlights over and over.  Too funny, we were just so wound up.

Enjoy the parade - I'll bet it's one of our biggest ever.  It was a blast seeing all the Steelers fans in Tampa, and at the airports, and talking to a few at various times - most not even living in Pittsburgh anymore.  We don't travel well, we infect like a goddam virus.

What a game.  That last drive, Ben was actually scrambling around on the 4 yard line with at 1st and 20 from the 10, with around 2 and a half minutes left - never seen anything like it.  At least for now I haven't.  And it was definitely a Steelers home game, my goodness gracious, heaven's to fucking Betsy, it was black and gold everywhere.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #1538 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:07am
sirmoonie wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 7:40pm:
robpop wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 3:00pm:

That was fucking historic.  In years past, ya know the Kordell years, after Fitz scored the go ahead TD, that would have been lights out.  Not anymore.  As I drank, my bother in law's beer, I knew it was going to happen.  Many doubted.  Santonio has finally arrived, and lived up to the number one pick.  However, I have to say that drive was all Ben.  There maybe two other quarterbacks in the league who could have pulled that off.  

One more day to savor it.  I'm going to the parade tomorrow, and gonna get drunk with 300,000 strong.

The Steelers are more popular than Jesus.

It hasn't totally sunk in yet.  Its just too fucking cool.  My dad and my brother and I stayed up until like 3am watching the same freakin' highlights over and over.  Too funny, we were just so wound up.

Enjoy the parade - I'll bet it's one of our biggest ever.  It was a blast seeing all the Steelers fans in Tampa, and at the airports, and talking to a few at various times - most not even living in Pittsburgh anymore.  We don't travel well, we infect like a goddam virus.

What a game.  That last drive, Ben was actually scrambling around on the 4 yard line with at 1st and 20 from the 10, with around 2 and a half minutes left - never seen anything like it.  At least for now I haven't.  And it was definitely a Steelers home game, my goodness gracious, heaven's to fucking Betsy, it was black and gold everywhere.

The predicted turnout for the parade is now in the neighborhood of 500,000.  Half a million on a work day.  Fucking incredible.   I hope I can get close enough to take some nice pics.  Godamm the Nation rocks.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #1539 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:08am
left shoe shuffle wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:59pm:
robpop wrote on Feb 2nd, 2009 at 5:31pm:

Bucs might have some juice this year after that big off season addition.

Sleeves to their unis...  

Glad to hear the Nuttings are spending some money somewhere.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1540 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 7:33am
Eddie Van Halen has a few milestones coming up this year. First, Rock and Roll Hall of Famer will wed his fiancee, Janie Liszweski, in June. Then, he'll attend the high school graduation of his son -- and bass player -- Wolfgang. But after that, Eddie hopes to release new music with the current incarnation of the legendary band that bears his name. And, as he tells Spinner, yes, that includes David Lee Roth.

"Dave, Wolfie, Alex and I are a band," he tells Spinner in an upcoming Spinner Interview. "I hope that after Janie and I get married, and Wolfie graduates, that we sit down and discuss recording new music, which I have tons of. If Dave's up for singing ... then do another tour, and just see where it takes us. Actually, next week or the week after Wolfie, Alex, and I are gonna start jamming. Maybe we'll give Dave a call and see what he's up to. He's off, always doing his own thing, and he checks in every now and then to see how we're doing."

Meanwhile, Eddie Van Halen just released his signature Fender guitar series, titled, appriopriately, Wolfgang -- a line he personally oversaw for more than two years.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #1541 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:32am
Pats are favorite to take it all in 2009.  Not a bet I'd take with Brady's question marks, and the defense being a lot different that it was 2 years ago.

I'd never bet against the Steelers, but Cards at 30:1 looks nice - chances are they will implode and go 6-10, but if that playoff team reappears, then $$$$$$$ (The Large Green).

Dallas at 9:1 - yeah sure, Magoo.

=======
Arizona Cardinals 30/1  
Atlanta Falcons 25/1  
Baltimore Ravens 14/1  
Buffalo Bills 35/1  
Carolina Panthers 18/1  
Chicago Bears 30/1  
Cincinnati Bengals 60/1  
Cleveland Browns 55/1  
Dallas Cowboys 9/1  
Denver Broncos 25/1  
Detroit Lions 100/1  
Green Bay Packers 25/1  
Houston Texans 35/1  
Indianapolis Colts 12/1  
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1  
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1  
Miami Dolphins 35/1  
Minnesota Vikings 25/1  
New England Patriots 8/1  
New Orleans Saints 20/1  
New York Giants 10/1  
New York Jets 25/1  
Oakland Raiders 75/1  
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1  
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1  
San Diego Chargers 12/1  
San Francisco 49ers 60/1  
Seattle Seahawks 50/1  
St.Louis Rams 75/1  
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1  
Tennessee Titans 16/1  
Washington Redskins 35/1  
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:25am by sirmoonie »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1542 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:17am
I'm still basking in the excitement of it all. When you consider how hard it is to win this thing it just keeps getting more special. Anyway for a laff here are a couple pics of boozed up me celebrating. First is right after game in front of my tv (notice the book on table..and its title).Second is outside after blasting the first of 20 Steeler confetti canons.....
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:19am by gimmekeef »  

DSC05530.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1543 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 10:20am
Second pic............

DSC05535.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ManzielStud
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Cleveland OH
Reply #1544 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:21am
robpop wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:07am:
The predicted turnout for the parade is now in the neighborhood of 500,000.  Half a million on a work day.  Fucking incredible.  

not really so incredible when you take into account that most steelers fans don't have real jobs anyway.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #1545 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 12:09pm
Welcome back Studly....must be sad for you Browns fans with no meaningful football since October.But wait the draft is around the corner and you can re-stock with more "fat cant tackle on their way to Denver defensive bust guys"..When was the last parade in Cleveland?  Armistice day????

In the meantime enjoy this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NQ9X0ZHy8Q
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2009 at 12:12pm by gimmekeef »  

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #1546 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:18pm

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #1547 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:22pm
Some Guy wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:18pm:

come now some guy...we all know where the idea of waving laudry devices came from.....

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #1548 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:53pm
The parade was cool.  We really did not get close enough to see much.  Still a great time though.  We decided not to go to the Point to hear the players speak, because of the crowd.  Instead, we rode the subway to the South Side for a sandwich and a beer.  Got to see it all on TV.  Many fans had the same idea as we did.  Talked football with complete strangers like I knew them all my life.  What a geat day.   It is Nation Time.  

On to the draft....And back to work tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:55pm by robpop »  

...&&&&...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #1549 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 3:10pm
sirmoonie wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 9:32am:
Pats are favorite to take it all in 2009.  Not a bet I'd take with Brady's question marks, and the defense being a lot different that it was 2 years ago.

I'd never bet against the Steelers, but Cards at 30:1 looks nice - chances are they will implode and go 6-10, but if that playoff team reappears, then $$$$$$$ (The Large Green).

Dallas at 9:1 - yeah sure, Magoo.

=======
Arizona Cardinals 30/1  
Atlanta Falcons 25/1  
Baltimore Ravens 14/1  
Buffalo Bills 35/1  
Carolina Panthers 18/1  
Chicago Bears 30/1  
Cincinnati Bengals 60/1  
Cleveland Browns 55/1  
Dallas Cowboys 9/1  
Denver Broncos 25/1  
Detroit Lions 100/1  
Green Bay Packers 25/1  
Houston Texans 35/1  
Indianapolis Colts 12/1  
Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1  
Kansas City Chiefs 100/1  
Miami Dolphins 35/1  
Minnesota Vikings 25/1  
New England Patriots 8/1  
New Orleans Saints 20/1  
New York Giants 10/1  
New York Jets 25/1  
Oakland Raiders 75/1  
Philadelphia Eagles 18/1  
Pittsburgh Steelers 10/1  
San Diego Chargers 12/1  
San Francisco 49ers 60/1  
Seattle Seahawks 50/1  
St.Louis Rams 75/1  
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30/1  
Tennessee Titans 16/1  
Washington Redskins 35/1  

10-1 for a stiller repeat....No respect huh Shocked

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 71
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)