Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Poll Poll
Question: Winslow here. What is your favorite pet name for the Steelers?

Queerlers    
  0 (0.0%)
Sucksburgh    
  1 (16.7%)
Gay armadillos    
  2 (33.3%)
Philly    
  0 (0.0%)
Quinn's Beyatches    
  0 (0.0%)
Overrated pansies    
  0 (0.0%)
Effeminate Jocktards    
  0 (0.0%)
Dawg Pound Wannabes    
  0 (0.0%)
Bon Jovi    
  3 (50.0%)

Total votes: 6
« Created by: ManzielStud on: Feb 24th, 2009 at 9:18pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71
Send Topic Print
NFL 2008-2009 (Read 64,823 times)
Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Re: NFL 2008-2009
Reply #100 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:48pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
robpop wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 5:47pm:
Some Guy wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 5:45pm:
It was good to see Madden and dem on TV.

I missed it.  Was DLR there?

Sup?

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

My name is called disturbance!

City of Champions
Reply #101 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:54pm
Some Guy wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:48pm:
robpop wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 5:47pm:
Some Guy wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 5:45pm:
It was good to see Madden and dem on TV.

I missed it.  Was DLR there?

Sup?

Yo G.  Brett on a jet back to Hotlanta yer?

...&&&&...

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #102 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:57pm

The ESPN suits have gotta be jacked about starting their broadcast day at 9AM.

They'll have more live hours to fellate Brett Favre...  

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #103 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 4:59pm
I've seen about as much footage of Brett in that SUV as I have of OJ in AC's SUV.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #104 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:06pm
I am so over that d bag!

IP Logged

left shoe shuffle
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #105 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:34pm

How long has David Byrne been the Packers GM?

« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 6:32pm by left shoe shuffle »  

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #106 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 5:53pm
Yelberton Abraham Tittle is rumored to be reporting to Packers' traing camp tomorrow.

...&&&&...

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #107 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:51pm
The soap opera continues:

Favre leaves Lambeau, maybe Packers
By CHRIS JENKINS, AP Sports Writer
44 minutes ago
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—The bond between Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers appears to be broken beyond repair.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Tuesday evening that after approximately six hours of what he called “brutally honest” conversations with Favre over the past two days, the three-time MVP just isn’t in the right mind-set to be part of the team.

Even with the chance to win his starting job back potentially on the table, McCarthy said Favre couldn’t seem to get past emotional wounds that were opened as tensions mounted in recent weeks.

“The football team’s moving forward,” McCarthy said. “The train has left the station, whatever analogy you want. He needs to jump on the train and let’s go. Or, if we can’t get past things that have happened, I have to keep the train moving.”

McCarthy said he and Favre made plans to speak later Tuesday evening, but McCarthy didn’t seem to allow for the possibility that anything significant would change.

A trade could be coming next, with Tampa Bay re-emerging as a potential destination after seemingly being eliminated from consideration in recent weeks.

Packers officials have believed throughout the past month that Favre’s preference is to play for the Minnesota Vikings, but Favre could reconsider a trade to Tampa Bay—or elsewhere—if Green Bay holds firm in its commitment not to trade him to a division rival.

McCarthy wouldn’t address trade talks, but did say a quick resolution to the situation is important to the rest of his players.

“Absolutely,” McCarthy said. “The players, they want it resolved. Even talk to Brett about it—he feels bad about it. It’s time for them to talk about somebody else.”

Favre left Lambeau Field just before Packers practice Tuesday afternoon, taking a right turn out of the stadium’s back gate and heading away from the field where the rest of his teammates were assembling for drills.

Favre emerged from the stadium’s loading dock exit at 2:34 p.m. EDT Tuesday, hugging Packers senior security advisor Jerry Parins before getting in his SUV and driving away. Shortly after, an SUV driven by Packers general manager Ted Thompson left the gate heading in the same direction.

“We’re at a stalemate,” Favre told ESPN Tuesday morning. “Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I’m here is because the commissioner reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It’s simple and complicated, both at the same time.”

McCarthy said Favre was excused from practice Tuesday, adding that he wouldn’t have practiced with the team anyway because of an abdominal strain found in his physical examination Monday. McCarthy did not say whether Favre would be fined if he stayed away from camp starting Wednesday.

Favre told ESPN he doesn’t have a problem with competing with Rodgers for the starting job, and can “truly understand” why McCarthy would make Rodgers the starter. But Favre also said a competition “probably isn’t going to work” and that “the problem is that there’s been a lot of damage done and I can’t forget it.”

Did Favre not feel wanted or welcome enough by the Packers?

“That’s part of the issue with him, quite frankly,” McCarthy said. “And listening to him talk about that, you respect his opinion. And frankly, I told him, I said, ‘I’ll take responsibility because I have a voice in the building.’ I never thought he truly was going to play. I thought he was emotionally driven for other reasons.”

AP - Aug 4, 3:28 pm EDT
McCarthy said Favre was “very convincing” in their conversations about his desire to play Monday night and Tuesday. But McCarthy still seemed to have reservations about Favre’s commitment to preparation.

Would Favre continue to stay at Lambeau late at night to study film, a major factor in his success last season?

“That was a very good question for him,” McCarthy said. “He’s in a tough spot right now.”

McCarthy also didn’t seem convinced that Favre was thinking clearly about his future.

“He has a lot going through his head, and I think he’s emotional,” McCarthy said. “And just talking to him, he’s in a tough spot.”

So, of course, are McCarthy and Thompson. Correctly or not, they might end up being seen by fans as the men who drove Favre out of Green Bay.

“That’s not a good feeling, but I don’t view it that way,” McCarthy said. “I can only trust the truth. I’ve been part of a lot of conversations, and I don’t feel that’s the case.”
AP - Aug 4, 3:27 pm EDT
Rodgers, meanwhile, stuck to his mantra of not worrying about things he can’t control.

“I just know we were out at practice today, and he wasn’t there, and I’m the starter,” Rodgers said. “So that’s where we’re going right now.”

Speaking to reporters after Tuesday’s practice, Rodgers stood just a few feet away from a locker with a “FAVRE” nameplate above it, stocked with shoulderpads and other equipment. It hadn’t been used—and now might never be.

Cornerback Charles Woodson had a hard time imagining the Packers trading such an iconic player.

“Everything went kind of sour a few weeks or a month back, but you never felt like it would get to the point or to the talks of him actually being traded,” Woodson said. “I felt once he stepped back in here, he would be the quarterback. Him not being here today, I guess management has a different route. So at that point, we’ve got to go out and do our job.”

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #108 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:08pm
Lot of hoopla for a so-so quarterback...

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #109 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:47am
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT

“The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

Behavior that is unruly, disruptive, or illegal in nature
Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
Foul or abusive language or obscene gestures
Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
Failing to follow instructions of stadium personnel
Verbal or physical harassment of opposing team fans
“Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.”

IP Logged

Edith Grove
Agent Provocateur

Disco STILL sucks!

New Orleans
Reply #110 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:54am
Some Guy wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:47am:
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT

“The National Football League and its teams are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all fans, both in the stadium and in the parking lot. We want all fans attending our games to enjoy the experience in a responsible fashion. When attending a game, you are required to refrain from the following behaviors:

Intoxication or other signs of alcohol impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
Interference with the progress of the game (including throwing objects onto the field)
“Event patrons are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats. Stadium staff will promptly intervene to support an environment where event patrons, their guests, and other fans can enjoy the event free from the above behavior. Event patrons and guests who violate these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund and loss of ticket privileges for future games.”

Let's bring back the XFL !

“What rap did that was impressive was to show there are so many tone-deaf people out there,” he says. “All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they’re happy. There’s an enormous market for people who can’t tell one note from another.” - Keef

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #111 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 7:45am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:54am:
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT

postin' above the rim

IP Logged

robpop
Rocks Off Regular

City of Champions
Reply #112 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 9:31am
Edith Grove wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 6:54am:
FAN CODE OF CONDUCT

...&&&&...

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #113 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 11:59pm
Do the dog-ass Jets ever make good decisions?

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #114 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 7:14am
sirmoonie wrote on Aug 6th, 2008 at 11:59pm:
Do the dog-ass Jets ever make good decisions?

best trade ever?

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #115 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:11am
B-R-E-T...BRET,BRET,BRET...WTF.....Man the Packers really didn't want him coming back to haunt them. Not much chance the Jets are going to the bowl....The over/under on when he'll retire again. Week 3.

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #116 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:23am
They are setting us up for a Jets/Packers Super Bowl.

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #117 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:51am
Belichek is heading to his taping archives as we speak.....

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #118 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:29am
gimmekeef wrote on Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:51am:
Belichek is heading to his taping archives as we speak.....

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #119 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:29am
Don't forget GK, Mangenious admitted taping games in '06, however, never fined....

"slide your body, girl, right across the floor..do the Southside Shuffle..."Southside Shuffle-Mighty J Geils Band

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #120 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:12am
Nellcote wrote on Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:29am:
Don't forget GK, Mangenious admitted taping games in '06, however, never fined....

Nellie..a lil preseason chain pulling.

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #121 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:13am
It's not a bad thing!
I am so looking forward to the J E T S dustup with the new primadonna Farve...

IP Logged

Starbuck
Rocks Off Regular

Postito, Ergo Sum.

Minneapolis, MN
Reply #122 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:19am
thompson will lose his job over this. a 4th or 3rd round pick for a QB who took his team to the brink of the superbowl last year?

i'm sure the vikes offered more than that....

"Why would any sane person want to leave Rocks Off? If you have an issue outside of Rocks Off, handle it. When you return it will be as if you never have left. Once you are here-it's expected you stay. Why waste long cultivated posting skills somewhere else? The outside world will not understand." -Nellie

“You assclowns are destroying this nation.” –Riffy

"You can lead a horse to the facts, but you can't make the horse understand the facts if he's a dumbfuck horse stuck on stupid." - Riffy

IP Logged

Nellcote
Rocks Off Regular

So, what's your point?

Funifuti
Reply #123 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:29am
Tom Brady 6th round draft pick, Buckmeister...

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #124 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 11:41am
Falcons may bring sexy back.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 71
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)