Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
He's in Rehab!!! (Read 4,745 times)
Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Re: He's in Rehab!!!
Reply #50 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 5:38pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 5:35pm:
I spend most of the week in recovery from the previous weekend's hangover.  During that time I spend many hours meeting with others who similarly struggle with their hangover problems.  Its usually not until Friday at around lunchtime that I feel sufficiently rehabilitated, both physically and spiritually, to begin drinking again.

You do not have drinking problem, you have a drinking solution.

IP Logged

GotToRollMe
Rocks Off Regular

'soft and freaky'

Reply #51 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 6:02pm
I'm relieved to hear Ronnie's in rehab. I just hope he stays there for a sufficient amount of time. These little two-week stints he does are not rehab. It takes at least two weeks just to detox. At this stage of the game, considering his age, substance abuse history, and the fact that he's a Rolling Stone, the most I'm hoping for is that he gets his shit together and just stops drinking himself to death. Hang in there, Ronnie.

"She delivers right on time,&&I can't resist a corny line, &&But take the shine right off your shoes"&&&&"When I die I want to be burned and blown up Gazza's ass. Is he up for that? Is he a true stones fan. I know Voodoo would do it." - TomL '07&&...        ...        ...          ...          ...&&..'til the wheels come off...

IP Logged

texile
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #52 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:46pm
The Wick wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 8:16pm:
texile wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:05pm:
jo isn't leaving - these ladies never do...how many among us, ladies, would put up with his shit?

Texile, the bigger question is why don't these women give them the punishment they deserve which is a big fuck off. Jo is a capable person, I just don't understand why women forgive men like this.

On a different issue, how does anyone know that Keith is loyal to Patti. There is no way to know that and I bet he's cheated on her a few times over the years. I would put money on him being like most of the rest of them. They just seem to have a different relationship and he's not the emotional train wreck that is Ronnie Wood.

true on both points....
and Wick, at the risk of seeming a judgemental bitch, why DO these women put up with this shit..
it's easy to romanticize the rocker and rock chick romance, but the reality is that alot of these women are so passive and accept them for what they are..in spite of their own self-respect or lack thereof.
i had an argument once with a friend who marveled and awed the girlfriend of someone who 'put up with him no matter what...because she LOVES him....' that's co-dependency to me.
i was like, 'are you crazy?'

IP Logged

sweetcharmedlife
Agent Provocateur

Do the horrendous to that
if you can

San Mateo
Reply #53 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:54pm
I think the last qoute from Ronnie before he went into rehab was " I'm a drunk,not an alcoholic. Alcoholic's go to meetings."

I'll shoot it to you straight and look you in the eye
So gimme just a minute and I'll tell you why

IP Logged

The Wick
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #54 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 12:30am
texile wrote on Jul 17th, 2008 at 8:46pm:
why DO these women put up with this shit..

Well that's the crux of the matter isn't it. If women just stood up for themselves more, it might change things. This crap is romanticized because it's men who make the judgements and paint the romantic picture. That's why a woman, whether she's a rocker or not, is a slut if she does this stuff, but a guy is a bonafide rocker who had a fling and is just being rock and roll or some cliched shit like that. He's an embarrassment to his family, anyone believing otherwise is as delusional as he is.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)