Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
Home Help Search Login Register Broadcast Message to Admin(s)

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Cover of the "New Yorker" (Read 8,269 times)
sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Re: Cover of the "New Yorker"
Reply #50 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:19pm
Alert Board Moderator about this Post! 
That's total basura Starbock, and you fucking know it.  Why it was just today that George Walker Bush III told us that the U.S. Banking system was "basically sound," and who would know more about complex financial matters than George Walker Bush III? 

He also said that "I don't think the government ought to be involved in bailing out companies" at the same time his adminstration continues its trillion dollar bail out of the companies he probably thought he was referring to.  Assuming he knew what he was even supposed to be trying to talk about, which is always a great assumption.

All in all, we can only be encouraged once again by George Walker Bush III's keen insight into the pressing issues of the day.  He am good at stuff.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

SunshineSuperman
Rocks Off Regular

Rocks Off Rules You Bastards

Reply #51 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:54pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:19pm:
That's total basura Starbock, and you fucking know it.  Why it was just today that George Walker Bush III told us that the U.S. Banking system was "basically sound," and who would know more about complex financial matters than George Walker Bush III?  

He also said that "I don't think the government ought to be involved in bailing out companies" at the same time his adminstration continues its trillion dollar bail out of the companies he probably thought he was referring to.  Assuming he knew what he was even supposed to be trying to talk about, which is always a great assumption.

All in all, we can only be encouraged once again by George Walker Bush III's keen insight into the pressing issues of the day.  He am good at stuff.

Give Bushie credit ....on his watch we went from a free country to a fascist police state. He's good for something.
http://www.aclu.org/privacy/35968prs20080714.html
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:58pm by SunshineSuperman »  

IP Logged

gimmekeef
Rocks Off Regular

Ontario Canada
Reply #52 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:07pm
How many Bushes does it take to allow financial ruin on their watch?...Umm drum roll.....2... Actually ya gotta add the dickheads in congress to be be fair as well

"Runnin Like A Cat In A Thunderstorm"

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #53 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:54pm
SunshineSuperman wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 12:54pm:
That's total basura Starbock, and you fucking know it.  Why it was just today that George Walker Bush III told us that the U.S. Banking system was "basically sound," and who would know more about complex financial matters than George Walker Bush III?  

He also said that "I don't think the government ought to be involved in bailing out companies" at the same time his adminstration continues its trillion dollar bail out of the companies he probably thought he was referring to.  Assuming he knew what he was even supposed to be trying to talk about, which is always a great assumption.

All in all, we can only be encouraged once again by George Walker Bush III's keen insight into the pressing issues of the day.  He am good at stuff.

Give Bushie credit ....on his watch we went from a free country to a fascist police state. He's good for something.

Unlike yourself, I read the article you linked to.  I seldom, if ever, read the stuff you link or cut and paste, but I did this time because your comments seemed particularly stupid, childish, and tired and I wanted to avoid doing real work anyway.  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest anything remotely resembling a "fascist police state."  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest that there is anything un-Constitutional or significantly lacking in due process with respect to compiling a list of possible criminals with respect to something as vital to society as air travel.  It summarizes the incompetence of the Bush administration with respect to its "Terrorist Watch List."  Nothing more.  When you throw around terms like "fascist police state" regarding security issues for something as important as air travel, you sound like an idiot and harm your own cause, whatever the hell it may be.  There have always been security measures with respect to air travel.

"But in terms of what's left of white people, we're still it." - Andrew Moof Oldham

IP Logged

Some Guy
Resident Cretin

Atlanta
Reply #54 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 2:34pm

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:23pm
The New Yorker hasn't been relevant since oh, about 1990.

IP Logged

SunshineSuperman
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #56 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:25pm
sirmoonie wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 1:54pm:

Unlike yourself, I read the article you linked to.  I seldom, if ever, read the stuff you link or cut and paste, but I did this time because your comments seemed particularly stupid, childish, and tired and I wanted to avoid doing real work anyway.  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest anything remotely resembling a "fascist police state."  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest that there is anything un-Constitutional or significantly lacking in due process with respect to compiling a list of possible criminals with respect to something as vital to society as air travel.  It summarizes the incompetence of the Bush administration with respect to its "Terrorist Watch List."  Nothing more.  When you throw around terms like "fascist police state" regarding security issues for something as important as air travel, you sound like an idiot and harm your own cause, whatever the hell it may be.  There have always been security measures with respect to air travel.

I guess your definition of a free country and my definition of a free country are different things.

IP Logged

glencar
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:45pm
How the hell has Obama come up even wit McCain? This is too rich!

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #58 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:24pm
" The New Yorker hasn't been relevant since oh, about 1990. "

*** Sigh ***

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

monkey_man
Rocks Off Regular

Fac ut vivas.

Reply #59 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 4:17pm
Oh snap . . . Bush is getting all Obama on Iran!

U.S. reverses course, will send envoy to talks with Iran

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Bush administration has decided to break with previous policy by sending one of its most senior diplomats to engage Iran's top nuclear official, the White House announced Wednesday.

The move could dramatically alter the three-decade stand-off between the U.S. and Iran. Some western nations and Israel suspect Iran is intent on developing nuclear weapons and want Tehran to suspend uranium enrichment. Iran says it wants to develop nuclear power to produce electricity.

Undersecretary of State William Burns will accompany a European Union delegation during a meeting with Saeed Jalili, Iran's top nuclear official, in Switzerland on Saturday, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. The delegation meeting with the Iranians will be led by the European Union's foreign policy chief, Javier Solana.

The delegates will discuss an incentives program meant to encourage the Islamic republic to drop its nuclear enrichment program, Perino said. Watch Amanpour report on the U.S. decision to send Burns »

"I would say that while some have indicated out of Iran that they would not accept the [incentives] package, there have been others have said they would," said said.

The U.S. decision to attend the talks is not "linked in any way" to Iran's missile tests last week, a senior administration official told CNN. The official said the meeting "had been pending before" the tests occurred. See why the U.S. is worried about Iran's missiles »

But State Department Spokesman Sean McCormack told reporters Wednesday that the president and his national security team decided only recently to send Burns to the meeting.

Perino said the "one time" participation of the United States in the meeting is meant to show the United States and other permanent members of the United Nation's Security Council are united in the "long standing principle that Iran -- in order to take advantage of the incentives package that was quite generous -- has to halt its nuclear enrichment." Watch why the White House is sending an envoy »

A group dubbed the "P5 + 1," which consists of representatives from the permanent members of the Security Council -- the United States, Britain, France, China, and Russia -- and Germany, has been negotiating over Iran's controversial nuclear program.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice "believes it's a smart step to take. There is no change in the substance but it sends a strong signal," McCormack said. "It sends a strong signal to our P5+1 partners. It sends a strong signal to the world. It sends a strong signal to the Iranian government that the United States is committed to diplomacy, to finding a diplomatic solution to this issue."

McCormack said Burns will be under strict orders to listen to what Iran has to say but not engage in one-on-one discussions with the Iranian negotiator.

Burns will also hammer home the point that any direct talks between the United States and Iran will occur only after Iran suspends its enrichment program, McCormick said.

"Iran needs to suspend its uranium enrichment and reprocessing related activities. Should they take that single step, the United States and its partners in the P5+1 will meet with the Iranian delegation any time, any place, anywhere to talk about a variety ... of subjects, but certainly our focus will be on the Iranian nuclear program," McCormack said.

McCormack brushed aside criticism that the United States is giving up too much to Iran. "Is this a new tactic? Yes. Does it send a signal? Yes. Is the substance [of the U.S. position] any different? No," McCormack said.

CNN's Charley Keyes, Zain Verjee and Elaine Quijano contributed to this report.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/16/us.iran/index.html ;

...&&&&.........&&&&"In other words shut the hell up about what others believe. It only makes you look like a small minded snob. "&&&&Riffy

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #60 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 4:27pm
" How the hell has Obama come up even wit McCain? This is too rich "

I pray you one day find " The Postin' Gene " .

I pray ...................................

...&&&&D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™&& *** " VICTORY !!!! " ***...

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #61 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 4:34pm
I can't beleive a person with no grasp of foreign relations hasn't caused more suffering, maybe I just had higher expectations he would allow more attacks and flame more wars...
i don't know about anyone else, but I'm really nervous about his last 6 mos, more than I was about Reagns first 6 mos, and I was really scared we were going to have a nuke war...

IP Logged

Joey
I Have No Life!

Omaha , NE
Reply #62 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:28pm
" i don't know about anyone else, but I'm really nervous about his last 6 mos, more than I was about Reagns first 6 mos, and I was really scared we were going to have a nuke war... "

< ---- I give this country a fifty / fifty chance of making it to the election .

I feel ya Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins  ..... Oh , Little Fiji   ...... Lil' Fijikins ) .

J " Snuggles " FLY !!!! ™

IP Logged

Pdog
Rocks Off Regular

aTx
Reply #63 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:46pm
why can't people here fix their fucking avatars?

IP Logged

stonedinaustralia
Rocks Off Regular

wake up crackers or we
all through!!

Reply #64 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:30pm
Factory Girl wrote on Jul 15th, 2008 at 6:07am:
Hello, SIA!  

Painting is of OSAMA...the one still on the loose.  yikes.

hey FG - yes it is obvious - i had an Ian moment perhaps - but it flawed the impact of the joke- it is a bit too obvious and would have had more punch if it was a farrakan type - Despite what Riffy says I cannot accept that obama or his missus are running dogs for al quaida  - but the influence of radical afro-american ideology has been visible even if its depth is not clear

as far as i concerned no-one in western democratic politics can get ahead these days without becoming a part of the big money system and if politicians want to stay in power they have to learn how to accomodate the big end of town. rupert murdoch calls the shots as much as anyone

it must be interesting times over there - on the cusp of a potential change to the entire world's (and not just the USA's) perception of itself
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:33pm by stonedinaustralia »  

"you can see it against the girl's crocheted dress"

IP Logged

mojoman
Rocks Off Regular

HMERLS

joyzee
Reply #65 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:25pm

Unlike yourself, I read the article you linked to.  I seldom, if ever, read the stuff you link or cut and paste, but I did this time because your comments seemed particularly stupid, childish, and tired and I wanted to avoid doing real work anyway.  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest anything remotely resembling a "fascist police state."  The article you linked to neither states nor suggest that there is anything un-Constitutional or significantly lacking in due process with respect to compiling a list of possible criminals with respect to something as vital to society as air travel.  It summarizes the incompetence of the Bush administration with respect to its "Terrorist Watch List."  Nothing more.  When you throw around terms like "fascist police state" regarding security issues for something as important as air travel, you sound like an idiot and harm your own cause, whatever the hell it may be.  There have always been security measures with respect to air travel.

come on moonie!!! do you believe mcsecurity personnel subjecting grandmothers, todlers and us government officials(a federal prosecutor who was in line in front of me) to inane searches and removal of sippy cups, shoes, belts etc is not an effective way to safeguard the airways. ted kennedy on a watch list? it is what it is a giant federal bureaucracy/jobs program. witness the large smuggling operations which have made the news the last several years at major facilities. we need to be smart like the isreali's. besides the horse has left the barn. only copycat moron's are going to try to go through the front door, the intelligent and subversive adversary will find another way.

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #66 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 10:08pm
mojoman wrote on Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:25pm:

come on moonie!!! do you believe mcsecurity personnel subjecting grandmothers, todlers and us government officials(a federal prosecutor who was in line in front of me) to inane searches and removal of sippy cups, shoes, belts etc is not an effective way to safeguard the airways. ted kennedy on a watch list? it is what it is a giant federal bureaucracy/jobs program. witness the large smuggling operations which have made the news the last several years at major facilities. we need to be smart like the isreali's. besides the horse has left the barn. only copycat moron's are going to try to go through the front door, the intelligent and subversive adversary will find another way.

I don't disagree.  Just don't see how any of that or a security watch list, no matter how stupidly its run and advertised, amount to anything near a "fascist police state" even when that term is used as an exaggeration.

IP Logged

Brainbell Jangler
Rocks Off Regular

Portland, OR
Reply #67 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 7:59pm
I am reminded of two quotations.  One is from Jonathan Swift, the greatest satirist in English literature:  "Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own."  The other, reflecting the fact that this obvious lampoon of the idiotic "Obama's-a-Muslim" fringe has actually been misinterpreted as an attack on Obama (even by Obama's own campaign), is from America's greatest wit, H.L. Mencken:  "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

"The ROLLING STONES are more than just a group--they are a way of life."--Andrew Loog Oldham

IP Logged

sirmoonie
Rocks Off Regular

Reply #68 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:38pm
FYI, the underlying article on Obam was really interesting (as nearly all New Yorker investigate journalism is) and less than complimentary, although not for the reasons Ian B. thinks.

Amazed - like literally - to find out Obam was making headlines back in 1990 just for being friggin' editor of the Harvard Law Review - WTF?  He truly is a media favorite - in this case, its actually not just some made up thought crime of the Bush Geeks.

One arrogant dude he is, and makes Jackson, Terrell, McKinney et al. look like amateurs on the race card.  Full boat.  And yet there he is today, pandering around to Germans of all people.  He can roll, I'll give him that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Gazza, Voodoo Chile in Wonderland)